PDA

View Full Version : EXP Re-Nerfed ROFL

Pages : [1] 2

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Server pop begins to sky rocket again, I saw TONS of red dawn members I hadn't seen in over a month, for the first time in ages I saw 4 different TS channels with different EXP Groups going on and everyone's morale was HIGH AS FUCK. People were having a BLAST. Now EXP removed again and the response is "peace out bros."

/facepalm

Doors
03-23-2014, 05:32 PM
You guys sure know how to make adjustments to your server that push people away from playing it.

Ames who?
03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Jesus Christ. lolol

Tecmos Deception
Jesus Christ. lolol

Circu
7 people in EK exping. Move to SK to get my centaur grind on, 6 people in this zone as well, getting that exp.

I log to take a shit, come back and the zone is fucking empty. OOC flaring up about exp nerf back in.

I JUST LEFT TO TAKE A SHIT MAN, COME ON

Vamael
03-23-2014, 05:35 PM
Server pop begins to sky rocket again, I saw TONS of red dawn members I hadn't seen in over a month, for the first time in ages I saw 4 different TS channels with different EXP Groups going on and everyone's morale was HIGH AS FUCK. People were having a BLAST. Now EXP removed again and the response is "peace out bros."

/facepalm

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 05:35 PM
server pop was over 160 today, highest it's been since the nerf now it's dropping rapidly

Squire
03-23-2014, 05:39 PM
renerf confirmed

Faerie
03-23-2014, 05:41 PM
Now I feel a bit silly for getting worked up over things. Still suspicious of that move from legends to preferred...

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 05:43 PM
wtf? =/ was havin fun lvlin the alt

Asap
03-23-2014, 05:43 PM
I think the devs just get a kick from watching r99 freak out after every single adjustment

Tassador
03-23-2014, 05:44 PM
Dang didn't even get to log in for some faster exp oh well continue my 5 months quest to break 45 on a troll sk.

Ames who?
03-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Rogean is a Masochist.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Rogean is a Masochist.

Do you mean a sadist?

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Peace out bros

Till next time they get their heads screwed on

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 06:06 PM
wtf? =/ was havin fun lvlin the alt

lol get a life

dethbringre
03-23-2014, 06:07 PM
Peace out bros

Till next time they get their heads screwed on

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 06:11 PM
lol get a life

all your chars banned, and ur lil twink got fucked in the ass earlier rip

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 06:13 PM
my sk still going stroq u still got no life, work at wendys, and snorts your mom pain pills all day. Also bragging about being in prison twice on a elf sim. lulz

Tecmos Deception
03-23-2014, 06:19 PM
The best part of this is the bonus getting turned off again without so much as an "oops, our bad" from someone as they did it.

chief
03-23-2014, 06:20 PM
got to lvl 5 with the exp bonus, will play that toon when its back on

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 06:22 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/pwr8.gif

Fame
03-23-2014, 06:23 PM
lol

fiegi 8.0
03-23-2014, 06:24 PM
high comedy

Squire
03-23-2014, 06:24 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/26/26fab485e850ff30be5d03a628442dc7ea7821ee7dfbed623e a95e7eb0d3acc1.jpg

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 06:36 PM
The best part of this is the bonus getting turned off again without so much as an "oops, our bad" from someone as they did it.

welcome to red99

Derubael
03-23-2014, 06:38 PM
XP bonus was accidentally turned back on. Was rectified after mistake was realized.

I am hoping to get you guys an official update on changes, and possibly even be able to disclose details, very soon. We'll see what happens this week.

I am sorry you guys felt trolled, was not intended to happen.

mostbitter
03-23-2014, 06:40 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t1.0-9/p526x296/1959721_690832964288744_1471386218_n.jpg

Rellapse36
You all should of not made 50 threads and you would of had your exp bonus for a few days lulz

U trolled yourself GJ

heartbrand
XP bonus was accidentally turned back on. Was rectified after mistake was realized.

I am hoping to get you guys an official update on changes, and possibly even be able to disclose details, very soon. We'll see what happens this week.

Sigh. Give me a fucking break dude. 160+ people were on today. We saw people we hadn't seen in over a month. People were excited, morale was SKY HIGH. There were MULTIPLE EXP GROUPS for the first time in over a month. Now it's shit and everyone is quitting again. Same old fucking bullshit on this server since 2011.

Tecmos Deception
I keep trying to tell myself "well at least level 50 went by quickly" ... but it's a challenge :p

If the changes you guys have in the works make the server (excepting the like 1% who were trolling in OOC today instead of giddily forming XP groups and PVPing) as happy as this accident did, that will be just awesome.

Telron
03-23-2014, 06:41 PM
such a trollllll

dethbringre
03-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Well I was able to get my new hybrid to lvl 9, oh well back to my caster......

BeautBabeC
03-23-2014, 06:42 PM
I was just about to reinstall

Tecmos Deception
03-23-2014, 06:43 PM
Sigh. Give me a fucking break dude. 160+ people were on today. We saw people we hadn't seen in over a month. People were excited, morale was SKY HIGH. There were MULTIPLE EXP GROUPS for the first time in over a month. Now it's shit and everyone is quitting again. Same old fucking bullshit on this server since 2011.

Could literally feel the enthusiasm on the server from the moment you logged on.

fiegi 8.0
03-23-2014, 06:45 PM

lol ok buddy :D:D

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Gotta agree with HB how can this be a mistake, jesus christ.

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 06:46 PM
Either do something or live with it

20 grown ass cry baby men over exp every day is funny tho

Telron
03-23-2014, 06:47 PM
Gotta agree with HB how can this be a mistake, jesus christ.

not sure how they could mess something like this up so many times... lol

Humerox
03-23-2014, 06:47 PM

Yes. Feeling that people were coming back and the server was going to thrive again was nice. I gave out a lot of plats to newbs last nite. Won't see them again, for sure.

Oh well.

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 06:48 PM
Heartbrand wants us to believe there are hundreds of people not logging on cuz of exp but the same hundred are reading the forums 24 hours a day waiting for a GM to slip up and put in exp so they can log on.

lulz

daasgoot
03-23-2014, 06:55 PM
HAHAHAHAHA.. so much fail.

This shit makes me laugh and cry all at the same time.

Fame
All good bros we've moved from:

Soon to >>>> Very Soon

Kergan
Word gets around fast, good or bad. If you're arguing that population is unaffected by the exp bonus you're just trolling.

Fame
03-23-2014, 06:56 PM
H
This shit makes me laugh and cry all at the same time.

http://www.walsworthyearbooks.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Alex-Lozano-laughing-and-crying-w5v20-901x600.jpg

Telron
03-23-2014, 06:57 PM
I think the scope of this fuck up means we deserve to get more infoz on the BIG things coming...

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 06:59 PM
I think the scope of this fuck up means we deserve to get more infoz on the BIG things coming...

Yeah maybe if this was not a FREE server. Shit happens get over it

Squire
03-23-2014, 07:00 PM

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 07:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUWBhd_Mk3Q

he he he

This story ended well, lets see how our christmas turns out

Is Big Rogaine gonna come through

Azure
03-23-2014, 07:21 PM
was funny exp left soon as I /ooc'd that it was gone.

/pras

Azure
03-23-2014, 07:22 PM
P.S. anyone want to roll a level 1 dark elf with my level 1 dark elf - PM play times and we'll figure something out. We'll probably be level 20 in two more weeks.

GrobbGangsta
03-23-2014, 07:23 PM
This makes no sense at all. And to haughtily claim that we are all idiots and there is some super secret fix or rationale that we can't possibly understand is completely retarded.

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 07:27 PM
searched for pvp for days, then when it was back i got 3 kills today. its not honestly the xp i care about, its the pvp

Awwalike
03-23-2014, 07:27 PM
how do you "accidentally" turn exp back on rofl obvious troll is obvious

Zoolander
03-23-2014, 07:30 PM
the sooner you guys realize that you are all nonfactors for the staff (green server list, exp nerf, no communcation), the faster youll start just playing the game without mindfucking all day long.

i just play the game now without wasting a second anymore about all those rampant issues on red.. and it feels good. everquest.

Tecmos Deception
03-23-2014, 07:38 PM

There was a patch, right? A piece of old code got patched back in on accident. That's not very far fetched. Annoying, depressing, even soul-crushing perhaps. But not quite an obvious troll, imo.

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 07:41 PM
the sooner you guys realize that you are all nonfactors for the staff (green server list, exp nerf, no communcation), the faster youll start just playing the game without mindfucking all day long.

i just play the game now without wasting a second anymore about all those rampant issues on red.. and it feels good. everquest.

People like you wont quit. I wouldnt quit myself, i dont mind classic xp, thats not the problem to me.

The problem is, as it has been explained alot, some people cant invest that kind of time, see no progress on their toons and quit. Some people log in to dead zones, get bored, quit. This is all interconnected and makes the population spiral down until its emptied out of every player cept players like Chewie.

To repeat, im not quitting because im not leveling fast enough. If we could attract 300-400 with classic xp i wouldnt give a fuck, its not about the speed, its about empty zones, no pvp on the journey, no groups. Thats where i draw the line and consider EQ to be work instead of fun. Im sure even people who think they dont have time with this grind wouldnt care, because when youre having fun, its not about making that xp bar move, which it when the low level scene is dead and all you wanna do is catch up to the higher brackets

Kergan
03-23-2014, 07:42 PM
My guess exp bonus enabled is the "default", or at least was. The change to make it blue level is a manual change.

xxein
03-23-2014, 07:43 PM

Yeah, I notice when they nerfed the xp they promised a fix.... a month ago... "big things". Of course when they made an "error" it was fixed in a few hours once they caught word that people were actually logging on. Its pretty sick and twisted to troll an entire server like that. and yes its about as blatantly obvious of a troll tactic as can be.

Verin
03-23-2014, 07:43 PM
For the brief time the xp bonus was active, I was having the most fun I've had in EQ since I started playing two months ago. It wasn't just the xp, as I'd gotten used to the brain-numbing grind, but I felt the community immediately grow stronger and more passionate about playing, and server morale was boosted to a level I hadn't previously seen.

To all who are calling people lazy for wanting an xp bonus, this isn't 1999. Most of us have grown up quite a bit and have jobs, families, and real life obligations. I can't get anyone I know--even people who WANT to play--to come play on the server because they call it a "time-sink."

Because Red 99 is a fairly small community, and most classes cannot solo at higher levels, groups are essential. When the xp is as bad as it is and people can't get groups, they aren't going to play. It's really that simple. Not to mention it's RED, so you spend even more time on CRs, getting griefed, camped, etc...

Lastly, although I intend to keep playing, I am very disheartened by how this is all being handled. I feel as though players deserve to know what's going on with the server and what the GMs' intentions are. I'm surprised no official announcement has been made, and if one isn't made today, I will be in complete disbelief.

(By the way, I spent many, many hours in college helping prepare p1999 for release... It was mostly grunt work [checking merchants for classic wares / pixels / locations etc...], so it really crushes me to be in this position as a player.)

I understand that running these servers is time consuming, expensive, and stressful at times, and I know how much work went into creating the server to make it as perfect as possible, but Red99 deserves better than what it is getting imho. Let the server thrive. You know how to do it.

mrproudbeard
03-23-2014, 07:44 PM
If it's on it's another accidental 'oops something got checked in incorrectly' error is my guess.

Lurgort/Sseri
03-23-2014, 07:49 PM
For the brief time the xp bonus was active, I was having the most fun I've had in EQ since I started playing two months ago. It wasn't just the xp, as I'd gotten used to the brain-numbing grind, but I felt the community immediately grow stronger and more passionate about playing, and server morale was boosted to a level I hadn't previously seen.

To all who are calling people lazy for wanting an xp bonus, this isn't 1999. Most of us have grown up quite a bit and have jobs, families, and real life obligations. I can't get anyone I know--even people who WANT to play--to come play on the server because they call it a "time-sink."

Because Red 99 is a fairly small community, and most classes cannot solo at higher levels, groups are essential. When the xp is as bad as it is and people can't get groups, they aren't going to play. It's really that simple. Not to mention it's RED, so you spend even more time on CRs, getting griefed, camped, etc...

Lastly, although I intend to keep playing, I am very disheartened by how this is all being handled. I feel as though players deserve to know what's going on with the server and what the GMs' intentions are. I'm surprised no official announcement has been made, and if one isn't made today, I will be in complete disbelief.

(By the way, I spent many, many hours in college helping prepare p1999 for release... It was mostly grunt work [checking merchants for classic wares / pixels / locations etc...], so it really crushes me to be in this position as a player.)

I understand that running these servers is time consuming, expensive, and stressful at times, and I know how much work went into creating the server to make it as perfect as possible, but Red99 deserves better than what it is getting imho. Let the server thrive. You know how to do it.

^ Well said, and good points.

Tecmos Deception
03-23-2014, 07:53 PM
I felt the community immediately grow stronger and more passionate about playing, and server morale was boosted to a level I hadn't previously seen.

Definitely this.

Best we can hope for, apparently, is that the changes in the works are as well-liked by the players as the XP bonus of this morning was.

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Gaffin 7.0
03-23-2014, 07:56 PM
Very good post by Verin, pretty much sums it all up. I been playing since pop was 30 during primetime and still agree with all that.

Fame
03-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Pras classic pras staff

Rellapse36
03-23-2014, 07:59 PM
Pras classic pras staff

dethbringre
03-23-2014, 08:00 PM

I agree, and I don't mind playing without an exp bonus, yeah it is nice to have but not a requirement for me. It was nice to see the population go to 160 early on a Sunday. I haven't seen those numbers in weeks

Squire
03-23-2014, 08:05 PM

Drakaris
03-23-2014, 08:12 PM

Derubael, I like you bro, but someone needs to realise that Red is so, so, so very much harder to level on than blue.

Players can't afk when waiting on HP and Mana to regen like they can on blue, knowing they wont come back to their bind naked and oom unless someone trains them.

Players can't find groups easily in any exp zone on Red, like they can on blue.

Pair that up with the implementation of classic 'mistakes' (where they openly stated it was a mistake in the patch notes) such as exp penalty for hybrids just because its 'classic', you will never see hybrids getting groups unless people are desperate on Red.

I played my monk, ran him to CoM and got a group and was exping on blue no worries. Don't need a fungi on blue either because of constant groups. But here, good luck getting to 60 without a fungi or playing an OP solo class.

I'm not meaning to sound like a whiner, but this server is so very tough for new players, I was there and almost quit if it weren't for necro OP charm soloing and a few very nice people.

The main problem here is that PLing is so very OP here when the exp bonus is in, so permabanning toxic people just means they get a new character PLed for them. I guess this would require a 'rested' exp bonus like EQ2 and WOW, but that would be too difficult to implement.

Vile
03-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Guess I am not logging on tonight :(

Potus
03-23-2014, 08:33 PM

Would love to have patch bugs get fixed this fast.

Potus
03-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Who ordered the EXP to be renerfed?

Rogean isn't involved in the server, he said so himself, so who did it?

Magnum
03-23-2014, 08:35 PM
Biggest disappointment for me is the staff had the opportunity to make right the mistake of taking out xp without some sort of stop gap until group bonus can be implemented. They had to actively contact a developer to revert to nerfed xp. This could have easily been "Yes xp has been added back in until group bonus theory is tested and implemented, long live red"

But it was more like - fuck xp is definitely boosted, call up Haynar on the batphone and nerf that shit down I want to crush these nerds souls back down into the gutter where they belong.

my reaction https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=TQXuazYI_YU#t=99

Azure
03-23-2014, 08:36 PM
People like you wont quit. I wouldnt quit myself, i dont mind classic xp, thats not the problem to me.

The problem is, as it has been explained alot, some people cant invest that kind of time, see no progress on their toons and quit. Some people log in to dead zones, get bored, quit. This is all interconnected and makes the population spiral down until its emptied out of every player cept players like Chewie.

To repeat, im not quitting because im not leveling fast enough. If we could attract 300-400 with classic xp i wouldnt give a fuck, its not about the speed, its about empty zones, no pvp on the journey, no groups. Thats where i draw the line and consider EQ to be work instead of fun. Im sure even people who think they dont have time with this grind wouldnt care, because when youre having fun, its not about making that xp bar move, which it when the low level scene is dead and all you wanna do is catch up to the higher brackets

This is the best way it's ever been stated. And shit - red zones are empty. While on blue theres permanently 20 + players in nektulous.

Whats the point of leveling on a dead box if the journey sux? There is no point to levels then.

Ironically blue has classic EXP. Red is a long ways from having a self-sustaining population.

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Rogean doesnt have time to write up a post thats gonna take him like 5mins to tell us where server is going, but he does have time to go fiddle with the code to make sure pop stays low. If not Rogean, then somebody made time for it.

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 08:38 PM
But it was more like - fuck xp is definitely boosted, call up Haynar on the batphone and nerf that shit down I want to crush these nerds souls back down into the gutter where they belong.

Potus
03-23-2014, 08:49 PM
It's fucking embarrassing to log into Upper Guk and be the only one in the zone for a more than a hour.

LostCause
03-23-2014, 08:54 PM
Pras classic pras staff

India
03-23-2014, 09:20 PM
I feel like someone, be it Rogean or one of the GM's, is still in college and this is one giant fucked up social experiment.

Instagib
03-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Fuck i was gonna lvl my wizard

Verin
03-23-2014, 09:52 PM
Did all these exp exploiters get banned? Obviously they knew it was unintentional and they scurried to get as much illegitimate exp as possible.

Not sure if joking, troll, or just stupid.

Galacticus
03-23-2014, 10:25 PM
I think the fucked up thing is that even after witnessing all the people being happy and excited they decide to revert it again.

The bottom line is having higher xp isnt ever hurting the server but for some reason that is what they think or why else would they take it out?

vouss
03-23-2014, 10:29 PM
Ive petitioned about l the XP bonus a couple times since It was removed. I have check every couple days since last year.

Bazia
03-23-2014, 10:38 PM
I've leveled multiple melees and hybrids to 50+ on old exp

I mean without the scale bonus that's in now

Not that hard really

Tradesonred
03-23-2014, 10:40 PM
I've leveled multiple melees and hybrids to 50+ on old exp

I mean without the scale bonus that's in now

Not that hard really

http://www.johndavidmann.com/page_attachments/0000/0121/INAY_cover.jpg

Sirken
03-23-2014, 10:43 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/2b/2b6bd54155fc6788e215075439477f1e85c82371de27df084d 15c906196c8437.jpg

Squire
03-23-2014, 10:44 PM
ty

Awwalike
03-23-2014, 10:45 PM
i would love to see a bear

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 10:46 PM
Gotta love it, pop over 160, people having a great time on red, but somehow Rogean who was the person who removed the bonus finds the time to re-remove the bonus despite claiming he doesnt do pvp development. Morale went from being through the roof to lower than ever. I'm hearing multiple people tell me now that after this debacle, and yes this has been a fucking debacle, that they may quit forever. A few others already rolled on LoZ. This has been the most mismanaged, mishandled, abortion of a project. I donated hundreds of dollars previously, I know Elderan donated hundreds, but I don't see how I could ever donate again right now. It's embarrassing. People like myself try so hard to generate interest in this server, to try to make it thrive, and we get fucking shit on. I have spammed this project on multiple boards, helped real life friends install the game, donated more than I ever paid in EQ subscriptions, etc. etc.

SMH

Bazia
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM
just sayin if i can do it and I probably work more hours then the average person the whole "im an adult and cant play enuff" excuse is kinda bunk

now if people wanna be honest and just say the server is a wasteland pre-50 and boring as fuck to level through then thats a much more legit gripe

Squire
03-23-2014, 10:52 PM
just sayin if i can do it and I probably work more hours then the average person the whole "im an adult and cant play enuff" excuse is kinda bunk

now if people wanna be honest and just say the server is a wasteland pre-50 and boring as fuck to level through then thats a much more legit gripe

And thats what it is bro, I've played my untwinked Hybrid before and after the exp nerf. I'll get 60. But when the exp is low, so is morale and population. It was literally like a different server today in so many aspects.

Bazia
03-23-2014, 10:55 PM
yeah not everyone has the stamina to blast a long playlist of music and solo unrest basement and HHK guards for weeks like ole Basiah

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 10:55 PM
And thats what it is bro, I've played my untwinked Hybrid before and after the exp nerf. I'll get 60. But when the exp is low, so is morale and population. It was literally like a different server today in so many aspects.

Yup. Early this morning through late afternoon server was poppin. Exp groups were everywhere. People were happy. It was great. It had that old feel from a month ago. Now it's 82 people online and dead as can be. Shrug.

Bazia
03-23-2014, 11:02 PM
I was under the impression HB works at home I'm sure he sees his kids literally all day.

Nice to know your a piece of shit taking IRL pot shots in a thread about an elf sim on an elf sim discussion website.

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 11:05 PM
Here's an anonymous post from RD forums just now:

"Hey guys,

As the title says, I don't know how much time I can devote to the server without comment on server direction. I haven't logged in much these past two weeks for rl reasons, but the nagging sensation that the server is at the whims of the staff is a major factor. It's not just xp. It's overall server vision. Sorry HB."

Squire
03-23-2014, 11:06 PM
http://cdnoxford.tab.co.uk/wp-content/blogs.dir/20/files/2013/04/auto-baby-suit-197695.jpg

Invest in a good tailor. Thank me later.

Sirken
03-23-2014, 11:11 PM
you guys need to chill out. i promise as soon as devs are like "ok its done" we're gonna tell you all you the things. but holy shit, some of you cry so god damned hard about every little thing, every single time, and it just gets old. i understand that you guys love EQ, and whether you want to admit it, you love R99. i dont think you guys would get so angry or passionate about things, if you didn't care. we aren't ignoring you, we just don't get off on repeating ourselves. we've already stated changes are coming, and that we would announce them as soon as we could. and that means exactly that, we aren't going to talk about them until we can. we cant say anything before it's ready because our devs are not on a set schedule and we don't wanna say X Y and Z are gonna happen... but not sure when. or put out a date on something and fail to make that date. or say we are gonna do X! but then learn we can only do Y. (pretend there's a "themoreyouknow.jpg" here for immersion purposes if u need pictures, im very busy atm and can't be bothered to insert it myself)

fact is, players needed to get off that easyxp addiction because it did nothing to help the servers community. and i know its really hard to go cold turkey, but in all honesty its better to get it over with and be done with it. the previous xp model did nothing to give incentives or perks for grouping, it did nothing to build a community, and it basically assured that if u came to this server on your own, you better play a class that can solo because you were gonna be on your own til about 46ish. no one on staff expects things to change over night, thats silly. but we all agree that if we are ever going to have a full range community, we must first ensure the building blocks are in place for players to successfully build that community. the previous xp model is just simply not the path that will take us where we need to go.

<3
Sirks

Potus
03-23-2014, 11:18 PM
fact is, players needed to get off that easyxp addiction because it did nothing to help the servers community. and i know its really hard to go cold turkey, but in all honesty its better to get it over with and be done with it. the previous xp model did nothing to give incentives or perks for grouping, it did nothing to build a community, and it basically assured that if u came to this server on your own, you better play a class that can solo because you were gonna be on your own til about 46ish. no one on staff expects things to change over night, thats silly. but we all agree that if we are ever going to have a full range community, we must first ensure the building blocks are in place for players to successfully build that community. the previous xp model is just simply not the path that will take us where we need to go.

<3
Sirks

Why did you nerf it before implementing your grand changes? It's pretty telling no dev/gm can answer this question.

dethbringre
03-23-2014, 11:20 PM
I made it to 49 solo on my pally with exp bonus, he's still 49 now :(

Sirken
03-23-2014, 11:23 PM
Why did you nerf it before implementing your grand changes? It's pretty telling no dev/gm can answer this question.

u really really dont wanna hear that story. and actually, you should probably thank me for not telling you.

you're welcome

<3
Sirks

Doors
03-23-2014, 11:26 PM
I think everyone would actually love to hear that story.

Squire
03-23-2014, 11:30 PM
u really really dont wanna hear that story. and actually, you should probably thank me for not telling you.

you're welcome

<3
Sirks

I'd actually really, really like to hear it.

Humerox
03-23-2014, 11:34 PM
I'd actually really, really like to hear it.

I heard about it and you really don't. Trust me.

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 11:39 PM
you say it doesn't help the community but yet today we had 160+ players, incredibly high morale, tons of people grouping and having FUN. Post xp nerf we now have people quitting, people going to LoZ, people saying fuck the server. This shit isn't rocket science.

LastBoss
03-23-2014, 11:41 PM
i made it to 55 yesterday :) got my 30% after beeing 54 for over 2.5weeks :(
but hey im here for the pvp not pve so keep the xp like it is :P

Fawqueue

you're welcome

<3
Sirks

Bah, that had the opposite effect! If anything I want you to tell us even more. Hit us with some truth and shut us all up Sirk!

dethbringre
you say it doesn't help the community but yet today we had 160+ players, incredibly high morale, tons of people grouping and having FUN. Post xp nerf we now have people quitting, people going to LoZ, people saying fuck the server. This shit isn't rocket science.

It almost feels like this is sort of the plan, screw with Red enough to push us off on LoZ. I hate to say that but thats the way it seems as of right now, I hope it changes with this new announcement but who knows.

Squire
03-23-2014, 11:43 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3543665/Brenda-Meeks-Scared-Popcorn-Gif-In-Scary-Movie.gif

I can't wait to hear this terrifying story.

Drakaris
03-23-2014, 11:48 PM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/assets/3543665/Brenda-Meeks-Scared-Popcorn-Gif-In-Scary-Movie.gif

I can't wait to hear this terrifying story.

No ones told me the story yet, but I'm going to guess and say p99 red is virtualised, and rogean needs to keep the server pop low to ensure there are enough resources for the beta server. Is that a good guess? Am I on the right track ? ;)

I'm sure ppl would donate if it came down to infrastructure.

Potus
03-23-2014, 11:48 PM

you're welcome

<3
Sirks

Now I really, really, really want to hear this story.

I have a pretty good imagination and I'm guessing that the meeting to discuss the Red99 changes ended in a bad drug deal and multiple bodies being dumped in New Jersey.

Morpheus
03-23-2014, 11:50 PM

Unfortunately no one can be told what the devs plan is, you have to see it for yourself. (When it comes out.)

LostCause
03-24-2014, 12:03 AM
free server shits classic, dont recall xp bonus on live naw mean?

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 12:07 AM

Gaffin 7.0
03-24-2014, 12:07 AM

called a donate button he makes plenty

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 12:08 AM
I have nothing against you Sirken, on any level, for any reason, at any point. I disagree with some of your decisions but dating back to Vallon Zek in Zephyros, VZ/TZ as a GM and here as a Guide/GM you've been great. I don't mean disrespect with this post. I love your vision for the future of Red except i don't agree that it's feasible.

You want low, mid, planar, raiding, pvp, brackets all available on this server and what's lacking is the population. Constantly we talk about attrition and this server suffers it worse than blue. Making people level more slowly will make a larger % of the population fill the 1-20, 20-40, 40-50 and 50-55 'brackets' but it wont make a larger population overall. You're just cutting the pie into more pieces that ultimately compromises the playability of the server.

We need a population of 1000+ to have an EXP rate this low to have viable group/competition in the lower end game. As it stands people will just stop joining this server, and that's what Red Dawn faces.

Your utopian diagram doesn't work when the TOTAL playerbase is only 200 people.

Its pretty simple, if you nerf the xp and kill the morale of the few people plowing through the lower bracket like Conan slaves, alot of em are going to leave. You want that classic xp when a server launches and you got 600 people starting out at level 1. Right now we need incentives so new fishes dont get their morale broken and pop can snowball little by little.

I have a rubi BP on, a FBSS, some twink weaps on a rogue and i think xp is still a bit slow with bonus, but mainly, its fucking boring. I wouldnt care if there was 25 people in unrest and xp was -500% you see. But theres one group of Azrael alts getting PLd and im not part of it, so i gotta solo stuff in the yard on my own instead of going in building groupin having fun. Thats why i dont like the nerf, not cuz i cant handle classic xp, its because it kills the pop before it gets a chance to grow and it makes it so i gotta solo my alt for 40 more levels. No its not gonna magically bring people to the lower brackets, to make it even harder for naked noobs to start out on server.

How many times do we need to explain something that is so easy to understand. We keep saying the same thing over and over because you guys dont get it, you just come back to us and keep repeating the same party line everyone knows doesnt work.

Yeah allrite changes are coming soon, you told us that a month ago. Why then nerf the xp before the other stuff? We would probably hitting 215-230+ peaks easy if you hadnt touched anything and people like me and others put in work to go on other forums like "Hey, Velious coming out soon, get a headstart! Its gonna be fun!" What was such a big deal about nerfing xp that it couldnt have waited another month for your other measures while the pop was getting built instead of doing something everyone knew was gonna cripple the pop in the nuts?

Potus
03-24-2014, 12:33 AM

I thought Sullon had a pretty sizable bonus because of the exp loss.

Faerie
03-24-2014, 12:37 AM
Sirken was Zeph?

That's juicy info... :)

Potus
03-24-2014, 12:43 AM
Sirken was Zeph?

That's juicy info... :)

I did not know that as well. Interesting.

Squire
03-24-2014, 12:47 AM

you're welcome

<3
Sirks

Still want to hear this

Faerie
03-24-2014, 12:56 AM
Sirken was the magician named Fonzorelli, Erudite magician iirc. Some part of the HECK alliance prior to being in Zephyros iirc.

Awww you ruined it :(

Potus
03-24-2014, 12:57 AM
Sirken was the magician named Fonzorelli, Erudite magician iirc. Some part of the HECK alliance prior to being in Zephyros iirc.

What were the Windsors names? I can't remember the douchey half elf warrior that maintanked.

Colgate
03-24-2014, 01:05 AM
staff is out of touch with reality if they think lowering the exp in any way without immediately backing it up with a different kind of exp bonus(proposed group bonus) is a good idea and good for the community

unless of course this is just some veiled way of saying that a dead community is better than red99's current community, in which i would say bravo for your wit and humor sirken/derubael and burn this abomination down asap

Squire
03-24-2014, 01:06 AM
staff is out of touch with reality if they think lowering the exp in any way without immediately backing it up with a different kind of exp bonus(proposed group bonus) is a good idea and good for the community

unless of course this is just some veiled way of saying that a dead community is better than red99's current community, in which i would say bravo for your wit and humor sirken/derubael and burn this abomination down asap

there is apparently some sort of horrifying story behind this Sirken won't share.

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 01:12 AM
Server pop is the little guy banging on the glass, like HEY ROGE, CAN WE HAVE A LITTLE LOVE OVER HERE, HEY LOOK AT US!?! And then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHae-jr30X0#t=13

Colgate
03-24-2014, 01:17 AM
there is apparently some sort of horrifying story behind this Sirken won't share.

the horrifying story is that rogean said that the box will be shut down in x months and that they're trying to phase out the population by griefing them off the server with god awful exp rates instead of losing the idea that their servers have integrity and don't get wiped/shut down

shutting down a dead server doesn't look as bad

Potus
03-24-2014, 01:27 AM
the horrifying story is that rogean said that the box will be shut down in x months and that they're trying to phase out the population by griefing them off the server with god awful exp rates instead of losing the idea that their servers have integrity and don't get wiped/shut down

What happened was Rogean called the staff together at his house, and they were about to begin when the doorbell rang. Sirken got up to get the pizza, for they had ordered lunch, such was the volume and enormity of their plans to save Red99. He opened the door and it was no pizza man at all, instead it was a chinaman with an uzi! He kicked Sirken aside and yelled, "Hah! You think you fool Boss Fong by using P99 donations to launder the Yakuza's money, but Boss Fong is no fool, prepare to die!" You see, Rogean once washed money for the Triads, but switched to the Poison Fist of the Orient when they offered him a better return.

The men at the table winced, expecting to be sprayed with bullets, but Sirken rose from behind, pulled a table leg out, and bludgeoned the triad hitman to death. It was at this precise moment that the Papa John's delivery man did arrive at the door. Well he can't be bought off, so Sirken murdered him too.

They then dragged both men into the bathroom and cut their bodies up. At this time Deru had to google directions to a New Jersey forest to dispose of the bodies. Rogean dipped his cheseeburger pizza into the garlic sauce and said, "welp, better nerf exp in the mean time, then we can implement an exp bonus that will lead to a newbie utopia. Crushbone will be a land of plentiful pvp!" They buried the bodies thirty miles southwest of Trenton.

quido
03-24-2014, 01:28 AM
I am Shawn Woolley - I faked my own death and have been hiding in the Pitcairn Islands playing p99 twenty-three hours a day the last four years.

Potus
03-24-2014, 01:30 AM
You see. Rogean directed the Malaysia Airlines flight to his private island so he can use it run dope out of Colombia. The damn passengers wouldn't go down without a fight, though, and now he and Sirken gotta cut all those bodies up and dump them in random spots in the Pacific.

Hang tight, red pals, the exp group bonus going to be worth it!

Telron
03-24-2014, 01:33 AM
you guys need to chill out. i promise as soon as devs are like "ok its done" we're gonna tell you all you the things. but holy shit, some of you cry so god damned hard about every little thing, every single time, and it just gets old. i understand that you guys love EQ, and whether you want to admit it, you love R99. i dont think you guys would get so angry or passionate about things, if you didn't care. we aren't ignoring you, we just don't get off on repeating ourselves. we've already stated changes are coming, and that we would announce them as soon as we could. and that means exactly that, we aren't going to talk about them until we can. we cant say anything before it's ready because our devs are not on a set schedule and we don't wanna say X Y and Z are gonna happen... but not sure when. or put out a date on something and fail to make that date. or say we are gonna do X! but then learn we can only do Y. (pretend there's a "themoreyouknow.jpg" here for immersion purposes if u need pictures, im very busy atm and can't be bothered to insert it myself)

<3
Sirks

I can agree with all of this. Sirken you da man. All you pussies need to stop qqing and start pew pewing. Shits not that hard...

Humerox
03-24-2014, 01:34 AM
What happened was Rogean called the staff together at his house, and they were about to begin when the doorbell rang. Sirken got up to get the pizza, for they had ordered lunch, such was the volume and enormity of their plans to save Red99. He opened the door and it was no pizza man at all, instead it was a chinaman with an uzi! He kicked Sirken aside and yelled, "Hah! You think you fool Boss Fong by using P99 donations to launder the Yakuza's money, but Boss Fong is no fool, prepare to die!" You see, Rogean once washed money for the Triads, but switched to the Poison Fist of the Orient when they offered him a better return.

The men at the table winced, expecting to be sprayed with bullets, but Sirken rose from behind, pulled a table leg out, and bludgeoned the triad hitman to death. It was at this precise moment that the Papa John's delivery man did arrive at the door. Well he can't be bought off, so Sirken murdered him too.

They then dragged both men into the bathroom and cut their bodies up. At this time Deru had to google directions to a New Jersey forest to dispose of the bodies. Rogean dipped his cheseeburger pizza into the garlic sauce and said, "welp, better nerf exp in the mean time, then we can implement an exp bonus that will lead to a newbie utopia. Crushbone will be a land of plentiful pvp!" They buried the bodies thirty miles southwest of Trenton.

Boston. SW of Boston.

Imago
03-24-2014, 01:35 AM

So in Morristown?

Awwalike
03-24-2014, 01:38 AM
i may troll checkraise/elderan daily but i genuinely feel bad for them for ever donating a penny to this project. the topic is just being avoided and delayed and neglected until the day they just pull the plug and ride off on jet skis with the donations. staff claims how busy they are but always find time to post .jaypegs trolling the people who donated hundreds of dollars to this server. the community is obviously crying and not showing much respect currently, but why should they?

red99 is just getting shitted on constantly. obviously blue generates the most money but el o el at no word no fixes no anything about group xp bonus for over a month and the day xp goes back its taken down within hours. how dare the red community be happy and grow.

obviously the goal here is to kill the red population as much as possible so it will look justified to just pull the plug in a few months when velious releases on blue

http://i57.tinypic.com/2ajyhqf.jpg

Sirken
03-24-2014, 01:42 AM
I have nothing against you Sirken, on any level, for any reason, at any point. I disagree with some of your decisions but dating back to Vallon Zek in Zephyros

stop right there. where do u get your info? or do u just make shit up? im sure there's gotta be someone here from VZ that knows i wouldnt have been caught dead in Zeph

my guild history was:
Judges of Norrath
Sect of Silence
Northern Crusaders
Defiant
Fated
Macabre
Torrent

respect the judges of norrath nerds

Sirken
03-24-2014, 01:45 AM
although, to give you the benefit of the doubt, you may be mixing me up with former VZTZ GM Voidd, whom actually was part of the HECK alliance on VZ

Feniggles
03-24-2014, 01:47 AM
stop right there. where the fuck do u get your info? or do u just make shit up? im sure there's gotta be someone here from VZ that knows i wouldnt have been caught dead in Zeph

my guild history was:
Judges of Norrath
Sect of Silence
Northern Crusaders
Defiant
Fated
Macabre
Torrent

lol fated!

Potus
03-24-2014, 01:50 AM
Defiant
Fated
Macabre
Torrent

Any guild more respectable than those.

Sirken
03-24-2014, 01:50 AM
lol fated!

i had zero choices after Dagmar booted me out of defiant for talking shit to him about his ewhore woodelf druid Macie :(

Aenor
03-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Can anyone provide information on "exp pots" for velious that were supposedly sold via donations to Pantheon? Did this really happen? Because, if so, it would make sense for them to reduce exp to make these more valuable.

Sirken
03-24-2014, 01:51 AM
Any guild more respectable than those.

DBI

edit- to clarify, i wasnt in DBI, just saying they were more respectful than the guilds listed

Sirken
03-24-2014, 01:52 AM
Can anyone provide information on "exp pots" for velious that were supposedly sold via donations to Pantheon? Did this really happen? Because, if so, it would make sense for them to reduce exp to make these more valuable.

it only was gonna happen if the goal was reached. goal wasnt reached, so no one was charged.

Aenor
03-24-2014, 01:53 AM

Were you there when Grey Companions and Judges invaded Nektulos Forest and held it for a couple hours before we got run out by people training guards?

Aenor
03-24-2014, 01:55 AM
it only was gonna happen if the goal was reached. goal wasnt reached, so no one was charged.

Ok, good to know. However, since the RMT line has now been crossed by P99, I propose we bring it out in the open. Have a surcharge for transactions to support the server. Make the database public so everyone can see who bought what items.

Drakaris
03-24-2014, 01:59 AM

Thats sad :(

You know what would be awesome... exp pots for donations... those that have irl money due to actually contributing to society can actually contribute to the server and get a time saving kick-back...

That way people would choose to donate rather than RMT and buy characters... how awesome is that idea!?!? :P

Sirken
03-24-2014, 02:01 AM
Were you there when Grey Companions and Judges invaded Nektulos Forest and held it for a couple hours before we got run out by people training guards?

i got my first two silver INT rings by raiding nektulos and slewing darkelves.

always followed with "/shout %T has been Judged!"

was fun noob lols

Aenor
03-24-2014, 02:06 AM

This would be the best possible result. Just declare a winner, wipe, and bring on teams. That would show that they're not keeping the current server online and planning to merge it with teams, which would destroy teams as a unique community, because they don't want to wipe chars/items for which they received RMT kickbacks.

Aenor
03-24-2014, 02:07 AM

You know what would be awesome... exp pots for donations... those that have irl money due to actually contributing to society can actually contribute to the server and get a time saving kick-back...

That way people would choose to donate rather than RMT and buy characters... how awesome is that idea!?!? :P

I support this 100%.

Potus
03-24-2014, 02:15 AM
DBI

What is DBI?

Rystar
03-24-2014, 02:33 AM
Potus's avatar wins this thread close it, its done.

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 02:41 AM

Yeah lets also have insta 60 dings at 5k a pop for people who really really contribute to society, like arab sheiks billionaires who starve their own people while they shit in gold toilets, and the people getting rich off the prison building industry in america, top dawgs like that.

For 50k maybe you get to close the server down, credits roll and theres your name there

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/y1iqYkT03D4/hqdefault.jpg

Smedy
03-24-2014, 02:52 AM

you're welcome

<3
Sirks

I can hear Sincere Sirkens voice studdering as he is trying to explain <3

Pras sirken for always trying and never ever giving up on us nerds who are really upset over playing free game

Am i the only one surprised red99 is even up? If i was rogean and was eating the amounts of shit he eats i'd probably pull the plug unless elderans numbers sent me some, u feels? I ain't evil but fuck i wouldn't endure the abuse and just eat it up, i'm a person u kno

Greegon
03-24-2014, 03:16 AM

see you in thur--err, act 5 HB :rolleyes:

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 03:16 AM

Pras sirken for always trying and never ever giving up on us nerds who are really upset over playing free game

Am i the only one surprised red99 is even up? If i was rogean and was eating the amounts of shit he eats i'd probably pull the plug unless elderans numbers sent me some, u feels? I ain't evil but fuck i wouldn't endure the abuse and just eat it up, i'm a person u kno

Somebodys nose is brown

Sirken
03-24-2014, 03:20 AM
What is DBI?

ask feniggles ;)

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 03:38 AM
I'm curious, if the reason you're playing on Red99 is to gain exp faster, are you really supposed to play on a FFA PVP server?

thugcruncher
03-24-2014, 03:58 AM
You guys sure know how to make adjustments to your server that push people away from playing it.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/564b08c5cb65c83a2ab7f4a7e12424a8/tumblr_mj2i4wvPBh1r4etbjo3_500.gif
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cage_bliss.gif

Verin
03-24-2014, 05:13 AM
Well, as much as it saddens me, especially having been one of the volunteers who helped prepare P1999 for launch, I'm done.

Because I became very busy with school around the time of release, I wasn't able to play when the server was launched. I only recently started playing a couple months ago because a RL friend was playing on Red. Things were okay at first. There was a low-but-decent population. But now, prime time having maybe 130-150 at its highest, the server seems like it's dying.

Maybe the xp on Red is a major factor for the pop being so low because so many new players who want to try Red get shit on. Maybe not. Either way, EQ requires a lot of time from each player, and starting out on Red isn't fun happy time. People have to put up with a lot of shit when they want to accomplish something.

Whatever the case, with a failing population and the life of the server a serious question on the minds of the players, why would anyone want to make any sort of xp / gear grind, battling twinks and griefers the whole way?

For now, you've lost three players, myself included. When the staff reveal their plans for the server, and we have a clear view of their view(s), I might consider playing again. But from what Sirken said, I assume there are some who want to shut down Red.

If you want to shut down the server. Shut it down. If you have plans and want it to thrive, talk to the community and let them know what you're thinking--what you want to do--even if you're uncertain. There's too much smoke and mirrors bs going on. Playing on this server, I feel like a citizen of North Korea.

Best of luck to all the legit players who care about the server's welfare. To all the people who just troll the forums like little maggots to feel "cool," "funny," or get a rise out of people...I cannot express how much I pity you.

Awwalike
03-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Dagmar booted me out of defiant for talking shit to him about his ewhore woodelf druid Macie :(

same shit happened to me change defiant to nihilum dagmar to nizzar and macie to zarah

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 05:35 AM
http://media2.giphy.com/media/fFwOzwhCO1FMA/giphy.gif

let me ask you this: Why do you play on red?

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 05:48 AM
Doesn't really sound like having "normal" experience would affect that at all.

There's up to 1300 players on the blue server that has the very same experience gain at 50+ and actually less at 1-49.

So that inferior exp isn't keeping people from playing on blue, why is the lack of an even larger bonus than already in place keeping people from playing on red?

Bazia
03-24-2014, 05:50 AM
people say its because of literally 0 groups under level 55

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 05:50 AM
Doesn't really sound like having "normal" experience would affect that at all.

There's up to 1300 players on the blue server that has the very same experience gain at 50+ and actually less at 1-49.

So that inferior exp isn't keeping people from playing on blue, why is the lack of an even larger bonus than already in place keeping people from playing on red?

because pvp doesn't happen on blue and you have no idea how it impacts the leveling process on red.

Tassador
03-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Either do something or live with it

20 grown ass cry baby men over exp every day is funny tho

Lol

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 07:19 AM
because pvp doesn't happen on blue and you have no idea how it impacts the leveling process on red.

PVP not happening on blue is the reason people play on blue? That is news to me.

Makes me wonder why red is so constantly asking players from blue to play on red. That really doesn't make any sense then in the light of this statement.

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 07:41 AM
your statement doesn't make sense. learn english, then we can have some discourse. You're just another soccer mom who doesn't get it, or have the means to convey their message.

Quineloe
03-24-2014, 07:52 AM
What's not making sense to you?

Tecmos Deception
03-24-2014, 08:03 AM
All you pussies need to stop qqing and start pew pewing

/ count all
There are 9 players in EverQuest.

Tecmos Deception
03-24-2014, 08:05 AM
Update!

/ count all
There are 6 players in EverQuest.

Juhstin
03-24-2014, 08:08 AM
I quit until the EXP is back, this retarded.

Zoolander
03-24-2014, 08:09 AM
it all good and everything will get better. don't expect to see the changes over night !

Juhstin
03-24-2014, 08:10 AM
As much as I hate Carebears, I think if I'm stuck grinding XP I'd rather do it on blue, at least there I can talk shit, here the server is empty and grinding by yourself is boring as fuck.

Will watch threads until XP is back then return. I'm all for the journey but on Red the journey by yourself on an empty server doesn't seem worth it when they'll just pull the plug on the box in the end making the grind a waste of time. Will grind on blue until things get better here. (Not like me missing will make a difference anyways to these retarded GM decisions.)

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 08:50 AM

<3
Sirks

Box was fun with exp, not so much now. Didn't want to jump in this QQ thread but, your response makes me want to put my two cents in. I'm not in high school/college anymore, I have a family and a full time job, and your senseless nerf (which it is) is only for the neckbeards. I don't have 1.5 hours to find a group and go to Seb/KC/COM, I'm not a solo class and once I get the group and to the xp location I don't have the three hours to grind. The fact that you didn't have a plan in place (if you had one it wouldn't be ever changing) when you implemented these changes is ignorant.

These changes are not for the casual player which made up that roughly 50% of the population (200 - 98 + or - Azrael boxed toons). The only time you see casuals are on repops (Sun) which makes your server thrive for one day. I'm sad to see this happen to our box but, the reason EQ failed was the amount of time required to play it (that's why WOW was a hit) and one really bad expansion.

Bottom line, QQ the box is less fun, I've been playing Teams (which is shaky but fun) because I can play it as a casual. Think more about the casuals and less about the Sickpuppys of the box.

Gaffin 7.0
03-24-2014, 08:57 AM
ill be here still hanging with the foh pals, but this looks like another time when it goes to 30 pop during the prime. R.i.p

Juhstin
03-24-2014, 09:01 AM
Box was fun with exp, not so much now. Didn't want to jump in this QQ thread but, your response makes me want to put my two cents in. I'm not in high school/college anymore, I have a family and a full time job, and your senseless nerf (which it is) is only for the neckbeards. I don't have 1.5 hours to find a group and go to Seb/KC/COM, I'm not a solo class and once I get the group and to the xp location I don't have the three hours to grind. The fact that you didn't have a plan in place (if you had one it wouldn't be ever changing) when you implemented these changes is ignorant.

These changes are not for the casual player which made up that roughly 50% of the population (200 - 98 + or - Azrael boxed toons). The only time you see casuals are on repops (Sun) which makes your server thrive for one day. I'm sad to see this happen to our box but, the reason EQ failed was the amount of time required to play it (that's why WOW was a hit) and one really bad expansion.

Bottom line, QQ the box is less fun, I've been playing Teams (which is shaky but fun) because I can play it as a casual. Think more about the casuals and less about the Sickpuppys of the box.

I concur 100%

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 09:05 AM
I don't understand how they can say it did nothing for the server when the evidence tells a different story. This isn't blue, it will never be blue. Groups won't be formed containing people from different guilds. People will never trust strangers enough to take that risk here. It really sucks that the staff is being so difficult about this, trying to force a community to see it their way, that will never see it that way.

Smedy
03-24-2014, 09:07 AM
sirken sweating balls as the pop drops below 20

get smedy on staff and see thrive occur

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 09:11 AM

get smedy on staff and see corruption that would make amelinda blush

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 09:20 AM
Here's the issue pals. Rogean claims to not be involved with red or red decisions despite running the box and being the one who shut xp off. Sirken has zero power to override rogean decision.

Rellapse36
03-24-2014, 09:27 AM
i dont blame the exp or rogean, i blame the weak would-be-players that cant handle classic everquest nameeen

Thrilla
03-24-2014, 09:48 AM
Only disheartening thing about this whole XP debacle is that Rogean actually came back on to ninja nerf it when he says he does no PvP development, srs? It would have been nice to say you know what guys I screwed up and left it in, but I'll leave it in for the week while we figure out what we're going to do long term.

Some of us who leveled during classic/race to 60 Kunark don't really care, I think they def spoiled the crowd and it brought a lot of the casual players back but the reality was that it was way too ez to get 60 especially with some power level support

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 09:52 AM
Only disheartening thing about this whole XP debacle is that Rogean actually came back on to ninja nerf it when he says he does no PvP development, srs? It would have been nice to say you know what guys I screwed up and left it in, but I'll leave it in for the week while we figure out what we're going to do long term.

Some of us who leveled during classic/race to 60 Kunark don't really care, I think they def spoiled the crowd and it brought a lot of the casual players back but the reality was that it was way too ez to get 60 especially with some power level support

So the answer is make it harder with less people to level 50+?

Tecmos Deception
03-24-2014, 09:53 AM
I don't know why you guys are so hung up on him saying once, in the context of discussing development/direction of red on the forums, that he doesn't do that. So what? He said he doesn't want to come to the forums to talk to us but he somehow, unimaginably, he had 3 minutes of time to turn xp bonus back off. WHOA. CRAZY RIGHT?!

I do agree it was 115% dumb that it was done without even a broadcast announcing what happened, though.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 09:58 AM
I don't know why you guys are so hung up on him saying once, in the context of discussing development/direction of red on the forums, that he doesn't do that... and him taking like 3 minutes to flip a switch.

I do agree it was 115% dumb that it was done without even a broadcast announcing what happened, though.

Because rogean completely ignores the red forums, stonewalled patch changes by null and alecta for months, lowers server status with no explanation, etc., but he finds the time to flip the exp switch instantly while questioning us about donations. Lol? I used to donate quite a bit, but any red player who would donate under these circumstances needs their head examined. Literally a paragraph post on red server direction would merit a sizable donation from me. But I could committ to a $1000 donation right now for an explanation from rogean about legend to preferred, the future of the server etc., and I guarantee he wouldn't deliver. If he truly hates or has zero passion for this box then hand it over to someone who does.

Awwalike
03-24-2014, 10:01 AM
So the answer is make it harder with less people to level 50+?

no what he's saying is he got level 60 on all his toons with a massive XP bonus/low hp aggro kiting and now he's trying claim he did the leveling with the shitty current xp.

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM

The response that they get tired of repeating themselves is so played out because people don't have a problem with remembering what you have said in the past. They want to hear what you guys are working on not just the response "it is something big and will be implemented at some point but we can't tell you anything". If you can't give any info on time horizon that is fine but give a general statement of what is being worked on.

The paragraph I quoted has been more telling than anything else written by the devs. Obviously the devs have a different idea of what helps red99 than the vocal majority on these forums. Unfortunate for me, hopefully it works for others. It at least confirms exp bonus isn't going to return.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 10:10 AM
In another brilliant move, a dozen plus accounts got banned for the simple reason that sektor had logged into it at some point, even if it was only once. You just can't make this shit up.

Silent
03-24-2014, 10:13 AM
Enjoyin the 7% a kill I got soloing yellow cons, and the multiple levels I got being PL'd. Only to take a nap and wake up to hear the nerf was back on. Oh well kinda shitty tbh but nothing we can do. As nice as it is for twinks/people already on the server, I notice zones went empty almost immediately after its removal compared to when it was added back in. A lot of people aren't even bothering to level, props to those who are still continuing the grind despite being new to the server. Hope you got a taste of that exp before it got nerfed again, Seen some people putting in major work - if you were during the bonus back in you probably made some good gains.

RoguePhantom
03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
this is the result of an investigation
there were no false positives

(Fake table name)
Update accounts
set status = "Banned"
where AccountID in (
Select accountID from account_login_history where IP = 'Sektors IP')

No investigation bro. Simple query.

RoguePhantom
03-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeahok.gif

Sorry, guess Trolls don't understand SQL.

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
Anyone who played with Sektor knew he was an RMT king pin and isn't innocent at all.

quido
03-24-2014, 10:32 AM
You can't really call him a kingpin when he's on the purchasing end of it. Platlord is an RMT kingpin. Sektors is the addict who can't get off his shit.

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM
Anyone who played with Sektor knew he was an RMT king pin and isn't innocent at all.

That's like saying any account Lite has touched should be b& b& for boxing.

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
That's like saying any account Lite has touched should be b& b& for boxing.

I'd be ok with that, and I'd lose all my accounts. Whatever it takes to put a stop to the blatant abuse of boxing tactics going on in <azrael>.

Squire
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM

Galacticus
03-24-2014, 10:36 AM
The fucked up part will be that when it is announced, no one will understand why it was so important to keep intended plans a secret from the public.

Exp bonus doesn't hurt the server and no one cares if you deliver x promise on y date or if you need to change it or whatever. People won't complain more then they are now watching new players and old friends quit.

Genedin
03-24-2014, 11:17 AM
No ones told me the story yet, but I'm going to guess and say p99 red is virtualised, and rogean needs to keep the server pop low to ensure there are enough resources for the beta server. Is that a good guess? Am I on the right track ? ;)

I'm sure ppl would donate if it came down to infrastructure.

Fawqueue
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM

I know this may be misconstrued, but maybe in this particular instance this just isn't the right server for you. I'm not advocating for the xp change (because I too think the implementation was handled poorly) but if your argument is you don't have the time to play on a server that is designed to emulate classic features in a way that no other does, you might just be playing in the wrong place. You obviously don't have time for the classic experience like you probably did 15 years ago. So rather than tell Project1999 that it needs to change to fit YOUR lifestyle, perhaps you just need to shop around and find a place that suits your needs.

That being said I wouldn't have argued against replacing the xp bonus with a group bonus at the same time. I too can't play like I did at 16, I'm just not expecting them to cater to my schedule.

Faerie
03-24-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm just glad that Sirken wasn't in Zephyros. Those guys were terrible.

Derubael
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Server direction:

As many people as possible playing, and sustaining that population
Enjoyable play experience for everyone, not just the old guard
No wipes
No shutdowns

I briefly outlined what would make that happen in a previous post, feel free to do an advanced forum search on username Derubael in PvP Server Chat to find it. Shouldn't take that long to find, it was pretty recent.

Good things are coming to Red 99, but we had to pull the plug on that insane XP. There was no easy way to do it, yet it had to be done. When these changes come, and yes, they will be coming very soon, the spotlight is going to be on Red 99. People are going to be coming to these forums, rolling on the box, and viewing this community from the outside looking in.

What would you all like them to see? How will you all be viewed? Is this good or bad for new players?

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Server direction:

No wipes
No shutdowns

I briefly outlined what would make that happen in a previous post, feel free to do an advanced forum search on username Derubael in PvP Server Chat to find it. Shouldn't take that long to find, it was pretty recent.

Good things are coming to Red 99, but we had to pull the plug on that insane XP. There was no easy way to do it, yet it had to be done. When these changes come, and yes, they will be coming very soon, the spotlight is going to be on Red 99. People are going to be coming to these forums, rolling on the box, and viewing this community from the outside looking in.

What would you all like them to see? How will you all be viewed? Is this good or bad for new players?

Dude, you keep saying it "had to be done", but yet it didn't. We were passing 200 pop for the first time since 2011. Now we're back to low double digit pop. Multiple people quitting, LoZ gaining popularity, spring is here with summer on the way. The only people who think it "had to be done" are the staff, who are horribly out of touch with what the people who actually play this server want. Keep up with what you guys think "has to be done" and you'll have a dead box with no one on it, which some of us believe is what the goal of the staff is anyway. /facepalm

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 11:59 AM
Turning off the exp ensures that the old guard are the only ones who are capable of enjoying the box IMO so you are kind of arguing with yourself on this one big D.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 12:02 PM
A group EXP bonus will do nothing to help new players here. It's just mind blowing how we could have 200 + pop three thriving guilds, the server BETTER THAN EVER, and some genius is like "now is the right time to remove the exp bonus!" I just don't even.

IT HASNT WORKED. ITS BEEN A MONTH + WITH NO EXP BONUS. THE NEW PLAYERS STOPPED COMING HERE. PEOPLE ARE QUITTING. THE SERVER IS DYING. WHY ARE THE PLAYERS THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO GET THAT?

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 12:04 PM
I know this may be misconstrued, but maybe in this particular instance this just isn't the right server for you. I'm not advocating for the xp change (because I too think the implementation was handled poorly) but if your argument is you don't have the time to play on a server that is designed to emulate classic features in a way that no other does, you might just be playing in the wrong place. You obviously don't have time for the classic experience like you probably did 15 years ago. So rather than tell Project1999 that it needs to change to fit YOUR lifestyle, perhaps you just need to shop around and find a place that suits your needs.

That being said I wouldn't have argued against replacing the xp bonus with a group bonus at the same time. I too can't play like I did at 16, I'm just not expecting them to cater to my schedule.

Then your population won't grow pal. Also, when did this server go classic?

Kergan
03-24-2014, 12:08 PM
Trying to play the classic card when we don't have anything resembling a classic population is completely retarded. You don't get people to come here by making it harder, plain and simple. We have plenty of data points when we look at previous exp rate changes. It is undeniable, higher exp rate = higher population.

Rushmore
03-24-2014, 12:29 PM

I'm sorry Smedy Rogean could be a hero! He must like shit beacuse his actions say he loves eating it! A jew in this thread earlier stated this is not rocket science! It ain't.

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 12:33 PM
After all the banning and exp troll are there still people logging in on this server? Has Chewie won the box yet?

Colgate
03-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Server direction:

No wipes
No shutdowns

LOL?

Squire
03-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Server direction:

As many people as possible playing, and sustaining that population *Slow exp has been shown, time and time again, to run counter to this goal*
Enjoyable play experience for everyone, not just the old guard *See above. Its hard for new players to compete with the old guard when you're trying to solo your untwinked rogue to 40 for months*
No wipes
No shutdowns

Good things are coming to Red 99, but we had to pull the plug on that insane XP. There was no easy way to do it, yet it had to be done *Did it? People were so happy, morale was high, groups were formed, and fun and pvp was had due to yesterday's error. Pop jumped 60 people.*. When these changes come, and yes, they will be coming very soon, the spotlight is going to be on Red 99. People are going to be coming to these forums, rolling on the box, and viewing this community from the outside looking in.

Having said that, Deru, would you like to take a stab at this as Sirken doesn't want to?

http://i.imgur.com/3r2MbEY.png

Derubael
03-24-2014, 12:53 PM
IT HASNT WORKED. ITS BEEN A MONTH + WITH NO EXP BONUS. THE NEW PLAYERS STOPPED COMING HERE. PEOPLE ARE QUITTING. THE SERVER IS DYING. WHY ARE THE PLAYERS THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO GET THAT?

There's a scaling bonus 1-50.

And yes, we get that people are quitting.We don't care. It's part of a larger plan to increase the population on Red 99. The crazy XP bonus you guys were getting absolutely had to come out, and be out for a few weeks, before anything new could be put in. You don't have to understand it right now, and we're ok with that.

I don't think there's a single staff member who's come here and said 'We are going to keep the 1-50 scaling bonus and do nothing else with XP.'

...the spotlight is going to be on Red 99. People are going to be coming to these forums, rolling on the box, and viewing this community from the outside looking in.

I'll tell you what they are going to see, regardless of whether you want them to or not. They're going to see 6 threads about XP, 700 posts about why the server is dead/dying, 5 threads calling person X an obese basement dwelling neckbeard faggot, 500 posts agree'ing/disagree'ing with that while also arguing for/against their side, and 1 thread about sektor getting banned.

They're going to see OOC, with 200 messages a day about stupid drama no one cares about except the people involved in it. 300 messages about why Lite has a dirty ass-whistle. 300 more messages about why Nizzar is a bluebie faggot, and 300 more messages about why Heartbrand actively sucks man penis for pixels.

If you guys want a box with people to PvP with, help us help you. Clean up this community. GUILD LEADERS (HEARTBRAND. lite. nizzar. chewie (lol)) lead by example. Put limits on your guild members in OOC and forumquest. Start talking about ways you can improve this community, instead of flaming the staff and telling everyone the box is dead.

We're putting in changes that are going to bring a lot of people over (YES, WE ARE INCREASING XP 1-60 FROM WHERE IT IS NOW. ERMAGAWHD I SAID IT). But once they get here, it's going to be up to you guys to make sure they stay.

This is going to happen soon. Not 6 months, not 3 months, soon. The time to make these changes in the way you all act is now. The ball is in your court, Red 99, and you don't have a lot of time to make the shot.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 12:58 PM

And yes, we get that people are quitting.We don't care. It's part of a larger plan to increase the population on Red 99. The crazy XP bonus you guys were getting absolutely had to come out, and be out for a few weeks, before anything new could be put in. You don't have to understand it right now, and we're ok with that.

I don't think there's a single staff member who's come here and said 'We are going to keep the 1-50 scaling bonus and do nothing else with XP.'

I'll tell you what they are going to see, regardless of whether you want them to or not. They're going to see 6 threads about XP, 700 posts about why the server is dead/dying, 5 threads calling person X an obese basement dwelling neckbeard faggot, 500 posts agree'ing/disagree'ing with that while also arguing for/against their side, and 1 thread about sektor getting banned.

They're going to see OOC, with 200 messages a day about stupid drama no one cares about except the people involved in it. 300 messages about why Lite has a dirty ass-whistle. 300 more messages about why Nizzar is a bluebie faggot, and 300 more messages about why Heartbrand actively sucks man penis for pixels.

If you guys want a box with people to PvP with, help us help you. Clean up this community. GUILD LEADERS (HEARTBRAND. lite. nizzar. chewie (lol)) lead by example. Put limits on your guild members in OOC and forumquest. Start talking about ways you can improve this community, instead of flaming the staff and telling everyone the box is dead.

We're putting in changes that are going to bring a lot of people over (YES, WE ARE INCREASING XP 1-60 FROM WHERE IT IS NOW. ERMAGAWHD I SAID IT). But once they get here, it's going to be up to you guys to make sure they stay.

This is going to happen soon. Not 6 months, not 3 months, soon. The time to make these changes in the way you all act is now. The ball is in your court, Red 99, and you don't have a lot of time to make the shot.

Problem with your statement is, I actually know the true story of how EXP was removed, and it has little to do with what you stated. ;)

RoguePhantom
03-24-2014, 12:59 PM

Hope its not transfers from Blue to Red.

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Problem with your statement is, I actually know the true story of how EXP was removed, and it has little to do with what you stated. ;)

HB love you bro, but don't drop this bullshit and not come out and say it. Love you ! :D

Squire
03-24-2014, 01:02 PM
HB love you bro, but don't drop this bullshit and not come out and say it. Love you ! :D

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 01:03 PM
naw, was told to me in confidence so I won't say anything.

as to the second part about leading by example, I have advertised this server everywhere, recruited tons of people on red, powerleveled / put gear into them, donated to the server, etc., etc. but the decision to remove exp has killed the desire for people to log on here. I tried to sell the decision to my guild with the whole "changes are coming soon, it's ok bros, don't worry hold tight!" for over a month now, but now LoZ is out, spring is here, and people just don't care anymore. They've seen this from the staff before you were even on project 1999 time and time again. I did my best to sell the GM story but no one bought it. I have little I can do now other than politic on the forums for change, and for change NOW, not "Soon".

Rust1d?
03-24-2014, 01:04 PM

You know that this shit has been going on since the first pvp emu ever launched? Not sure if VZTZ 1.0 was the first real pvp server but most of the people who play on any pvp server on that emu list will never ever change.

I'm sure back on VZTZ 1.0 there was some guy calling another the same shit and ooc with nothing but people calling each other faggots. It was the same on VZTZ 2.0/3.0 and then K&B, Red69, LoZ, ROFLzek and Red99.

Different server, same people. Wanna solve the issue? Shut down red and wipe it. Save yourself a ton of headaches and stress.

Tecmos Deception
03-24-2014, 01:08 PM

Blue Tecmos, back in October 2012: 125 bloodgill goblin kills to get through all of level 45.

Red Tecmos, last week: 131 bloodgill goblin kills to get through all of level 45.

Got full logs for you if you want them.

LostCause
03-24-2014, 01:12 PM
either keep playing or go back to WoW heartbrand pretty simple your're acting like a child because your not getting your way BOOOHOOO xp is nerfed wahhhhhh

Azure
03-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Thanks for spilling the beans Derubael - I eagerly await - I'm guessing teams on :P

Azure
03-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Didnt read anything in this thread tbh

Yes you did you read Derubael's post like 10x.

daasgoot
03-24-2014, 01:16 PM

Why?

Sheriff
03-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Didnt read anything in this thread tbh

Then STFU troll.

Zoolander
03-24-2014, 01:22 PM

i do realy hope it IS transfers from blue, one way with no drops and without plat.

this and only this will increase the popcount

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 01:24 PM

I logged in for 3 hours yesterday, first time in a month. What did i see? "Pras staff" "Im back" "Rumble in the EJ jungle" which made me log my 60 sham and head there, shit like that. This thread has been golden with feedback througout, even fucking mostbitter is readable. What did we see on forums when weird theory crafting decisions arent being taken? Pras staff, im back, shit like that. Forums has been getting better and better in terms of people having something other to say than youre a faggot, no youre a faggot.

I dont even fucking read OOC most of the times, people dont quit because they dont like what goes on in the chat simulator window, they quit because theyre bored. Read this thread again, its chock full of the reasons why people quit.

Happy to see you state staff is not out to kill the box but from our perspective, it looks like its what youre trying to do, because the consequences of your actions are the opposite of what youre saying youre trying to do.

Imma hold on criticism for a while until i see what you have in store, but id keep some of that "Take a look in the mirror" shit in check, staff needs to shut it a bit on red pop criticism, read the feedback and start thinking about it. Yes we have a couple of hardcore trolls, weve already told you a million times solutions to it. Heres a solution: Instead of posting a darth vader video to troll a constructive feedback thread, how about you spend that time banning rellapse from the forums for saying in that same constructive thread that someones wife left him with his kid. Actively moderate the forums for shit like that, theres your solution.

Sirken
03-24-2014, 02:01 PM
get smedy on staff and see thrive occur
not sweating bro, i got that Gatorade; "Proven Hydration With Electrolytes. Help Replace What You Sweat Out".

Lets talk more about Sirken's VZ guild history, not like anything substantial is being said anyways.
i agree! what else would u like to know?

Bazia
03-24-2014, 02:04 PM
share with us ideas you know of to bring people to the red server

not confirmations of things that are going to happen

but ideas that are being talked about

plz

Squire
03-24-2014, 02:06 PM
share with us ideas you know of to bring people to the red server

not confirmations of things that are going to happen

but ideas that are being talked about

plz

plz.

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Nerfing xp without anything else is like preventing a plant from drinking water

Heres Not Sure explaining this to the staff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vw2CrY9Igs

Rec
03-24-2014, 02:11 PM
I thought the only thing stopping players from leveling up were the twinks that can beat an entire group by themselves at every level bracket not the exp?

Squire
03-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I thought the only thing stopping players from leveling up were the twinks that can beat an entire group by themselves at every level bracket not the exp?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/257125i6B387EEECF42AAAF/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Tassador
03-24-2014, 02:12 PM
WOW
THE ONLY THING STOPPING PLAYERS FROM LEVELING UP IS THEMSELVES
NPCS STILL GIVE EXP

Guy is level 60 already just a clown who can't give up red99 but has to bitch about it. You know we call these women.

heartbrand
03-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Heartbrand's How To Get 300 Players To Red99 In 60 Days Plan
------------------------------------------------------------

1) Remove Hybrid XP Penalty
2) 150% Global EXP Bonus + 150% Scaling Group XP Bonus
3) Rotating exp hot zones for differing level ranges
4) Repops stagger mobs across the entire week
5) Constant pvp events for different level brackets with unique illusion item prizes / guild v guild capped events with pve mob prizes
6) In game leaderboard
7) FV Loot Rules
8) One time no drop trade to move no drop items off a character and put on another
9) Boxing until server pop hits 250 avg
10) One month re-release of legacy items with huge press campaign

I personally would like more custom things like once a month random city wars with loot, random powerful dragon spawned in a zone such as steamfont, etc., but too much custom and people might balk. But the need for more content is pretty dire.

SHRUG.

Bazia
03-24-2014, 02:17 PM

SHRUG.

RoguePhantom
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM
I didnt read and I suggest others do the same

Good thing no one cares about you.

Humerox
03-24-2014, 02:42 PM

I really take offense to this. What you guys DON'T see are the silent majority. Most of us don't flame in OOC or participate in forumquest or when we do we're generally nice about it. Most of us don't cheat. Most of us don't RMT.

The only difference between us and blue is they have a larger community and more donations flow in. How many accounts on blue were banned? I peruse those forums too and they talk even more crap then we do. I was part of that community from the very beginning, and know there's more underhanded bullshit going on there than most people even realize.

I have a freaking clean whistle and I know that most people in game are more like me and less like the dithering dipshits that ruin this game both blue and red.

You do what everyone else does. You take the vocal minority in OOC and the shitbags that spew garbage on the forums and think that represents R99 as a whole.

Start a freaking toon here. Ask people for help. See what the real community is about. Stop making judgements based on the bullshit you see in these forums. Join HB's guild and listen to how he leads, what he says, what he supports, and what he advocates on his site and then ask yourself what else can he do to try and clean things up? When people in your guild lie to your face about what they do what liability do you have?

Get more involved IN GAME and help us clean it up. We thank you all for your hard work...but we can't get rid of the scumbags without more involvement from you guys. And thinking what you see on these forums is any indication of what really goes on in the community is bullshit. And whether you care or not we've seen a crapload of decent people leave because of the XP nerf. The assholes could care less about XP. They're going to stay no matter what. You're definitely not driving any of them away. In the last week alone I've personally see 6 leveling friends leave, and at least one person that was banned reroll from 0. Good ratio, that.

Rellapse36
03-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Hbs last plan for server growth was to raise a new generation of nilly recruits

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 02:48 PM
Nobody takes chewie seriously, hes like a nostalgic Grateful Dead fan trying too hard to be cool

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 02:50 PM
I really take offense to this. What you guys DON'T see are the silent majority. Most of us don't flame in OOC or participate in forumquest or when we do we're generally nice about it. Most of us don't cheat. Most of us don't RMT.

The only difference between us and blue is they have a larger community and more donations flow in. How many accounts on blue were banned? I peruse those forums too and they talk even more crap then we do. I was part of that community from the very beginning, and know there's more underhanded bullshit going on there than most people even realize.

I have a freaking clean whistle and I know that most people in game are more like me and less like the dithering dipshits that ruin this game both blue and red.

You do what everyone else does. You take the vocal minority in OOC and the shitbags that spew garbage on the forums and think that represents R99 as a whole.

Start a freaking toon here. Ask people for help. See what the real community is about. Stop making judgements based on the bullshit you see in these forums. Join HB's guild and listen to how he leads, what he says, what he supports, and what he advocates on his site and then ask yourself what else can he do to try and clean things up? When people in your guild lie to your face about what they do what liability do you have?

Get more involved IN GAME and help us clean it up. We thank you all for your hard work...but we can't get rid of the scumbags without more involvement from you guys. And thinking what you see on these forums is any indication of what really goes on in the community is bullshit. And whether you care or not we've seen a crapload of decent people leave because of the XP nerf. The assholes could care less about XP. They're going to stay no matter what. You're definitely not driving any of them away. In the last week alone I've personally see 6 leveling friends leave, and at least one person that was banned reroll from 0. Good ratio, that.

And the slices of fried gold keep rolling in this thread

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Hows+that+for+a+slice+of+fried+Gold+_29aee6f4daabf 6cb16b364c52fe0aabf.jpg

Kergan
03-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Or you can be a Dad?

I know you think its funny to follow HB around to every thread he posts in and say this but honestly man it is getting pretty old.

Tassador
03-24-2014, 03:02 PM
U talkin bout tradesonred right?

Yep that's the guy with the level 60 complaining about exp probably quit 9 times already but can't let it go.

Kergan
03-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Good thing no one cares about you.

I care deeply for Chewie. If I didn't have such insatiable pixel lust I would fly the FoH banner and purge Guk of wretched infidels.

HippoNipple
03-24-2014, 03:09 PM

Just to clarify he is talking about Kunark on live. Everyone on this server that got 60 within 2 weeks of Kunark releasing had the biggest exp bonus this server has ever seen.

Koota
03-24-2014, 03:11 PM
Incoming blue transfers...

Zoolander
03-24-2014, 03:23 PM

5) Constant pvp events for different level brackets with unique illusion item prizes / guild v guild capped events with pve mob prizes
6) In game leaderboard
7) FV Loot Rules
8) One time no drop trade to move no drop items off a character and put on another

I personally would like more custom things like once a month random city wars with loot, random powerful dragon spawned in a zone such as steamfont, etc., but too much custom and people might balk. But the need for more content is pretty dire.

SHRUG.

yes sure, let's change everything at once, sorry but most of those ideas are retarded

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Yep that's the guy with the level 60 complaining about exp probably quit 9 times already but can't let it go.

Which kinda proves my detachment over the issue, that im not in it simply because i want faster xp, just cuz it does something for me personally.

Im viewing all this from a server health, how do we make it grow so the experience is fun and keeps growing, perspective

Im viewing this as if i was back at my job at Ubisoft, and devs come to us and ask us to be brutally honest about how the game is shaping up, like they did sometimes

Colgate
03-24-2014, 03:41 PM

6) In game leaderboard
7) FV Loot Rules

SHRUG.

good post

it's a shame that likely any relevant staff members will read it and think that you're wrong and that you have no idea what you're talking about despite the fact that you actually play here and they don't

it's not just the exp being nerfed that caused the pop to cut in half(AGAIN), it's also the fact that it's being handled in this manner and people can't trust the staff because of routine, off-the-wall decisions like these that have kept red99 well below 200 concurrent players since 1 month into the server

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 03:42 PM
The concurrent population on Red 99 was not high enough to justify "Legend" status, and it would be unfair to show favortism in the server list to Red 99 just because it's Nilbog and Rogean's box.

http://s13.postimg.org/4gegcp8uf/asds.jpg

Could have easily broken 250 on red with the Velious build up, without xp nerf

Rogean nerfs xp, which everyone knows is going to cripple the pop, and then "Well you know how pop on red is, wouldnt be fair blablabla"

Sounds plausible

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 03:50 PM
three of those servers have unlimited boxing on them

LulzSect
03-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Same old fucking bullshit on this server since 2011.

Tradesonred
03-24-2014, 03:57 PM
three of those servers have unlimited boxing on them

lol really huh, lets pick this apart

Grand creation: Boxing allowed? Confirmed
Hidden Forest: Boxing allowed? Confirmed

I mean it sounds fishy on its own, but if those 2 servers allow boxing, it looks even worse

Confirmation they allow boxing? (Edited confirms)

The plot thickens

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 04:05 PM
ez server also unlimited boxing