PDA

View Full Version : The official RMTer Goodbye P1999 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 02:45 PM
So I'll be the first to start this thread up. There are 400 of us so should be a popular thread :p

I bought a Fungi Tunic from Platlord back in January for my Monk "Mylee". So beware if you think he got out of this unscathed. Mentioning names to keep future people safe since honestly this sucks the big one. Over 50 RL days of work flushed away.

But I would do it again. I would do it again, including the RMT, in a heartbeat. It made the game more playable during a time when I didn't think I could handle leveling up a new character due to time constraints. This game is amazing and brought me back to a time in my youth that I truely enjoyed. These days I dont have the same time to put in that I did back then but I do have a whole lot more money, so you can see the allure :D

I wish p1999 the best, thanks to the staff for making this experience possible. Eunomia in particular was a great person to deal with. Derubael, thanks for humoring my last attempt at getting my account back. Sirken, your streams were fun to watch and I enjoyed your DT's in Sebilis.

Goodbye to all my friends and guildies as well, sorry for the wasted time in helping me and I'm sorry I wont be there with you guys in the future but it was fun while it lasted. I think most people will have lost friends in this ban wave (600 characters, hard to imagine anyone not losing someone they knew) so lets all say goodbye.

Fairwell p1999!

- Daysprung (60 Cleric), Mylee (55 Monk) , Deciderius (BANK MULE)

Lazie
03-23-2014, 02:48 PM
You had a 60 cleric ? Dang you could have farmed enough plat in no time to afford a fungi. That sounds like wasted money in more ways than 1.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 02:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Li8cryWN2ew&feature=kp

No one mourns the wicked.

khanable
03-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Dear 600 RMT bannees,

Go fuck yourselves

I won't miss you

Not giving any shits,
Cucumbers

Asap
03-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Why did you knowingly break the rules?

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 02:54 PM
You had a 60 cleric ? Dang you could have farmed enough plat in no time to afford a fungi. That sounds like wasted money in more ways than 1.

Yeah, I got fed up of camping the damn thing after several weeks of 10 hour days in the King room. I didn't need to buy it, it was just a time saver.

sulpher01
03-23-2014, 02:55 PM

^^

Twowordz
03-23-2014, 02:57 PM
peace bro

Lazie
03-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I got fed up of camping the damn thing after several weeks of 10 hour days in the King room. I didn't need to buy it, it was just a time saver.

Never camp the item you want that is that sought after. Camp the pp instead. Easier 90% of the time.

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Why did you knowingly break the rules?

Because I thought I wouldn't get caught, obviously :D

But it was really just to make the game more enjoyable. I wanted to make a new character and level up as fast as possible and kill merbs like everyone does.

Barkingturtle
03-23-2014, 03:01 PM
You're a terrible person. I'd wish cancer upon you but then I'd feel sorry for the cancer.

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 03:02 PM
Dear 600 RMT bannees,

Go fuck yourselves

I won't miss you

Not giving any shits,
Cucumbers

Wont miss your stupid avatar popping up on my screen when I'm trying to browse the forums at work. Shithead. :rolleyes:

Asap
03-23-2014, 03:04 PM
Because I thought I wouldn't get caught, obviously :D

But it was really just to make the game more enjoyable. I wanted to make a new character and level up as fast as possible and kill merbs like everyone does.

But, inside, you knew you would be caught. Everyone eventually gets caught. Rogean has warned us so many times. You were being naive if you actually thought they wouldn't catch you.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 03:05 PM
Bye, Mylee and others. I'm sure you're not bad people. Sometimes we're compelled to do bad things :(

Laugher
03-23-2014, 03:05 PM
http://i.imgur.com/j0Ovkbcl.jpg

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 03:06 PM
But, inside, you knew you would be caught. Everyone eventually gets caught. Rogean has warned us so many times. You were being naive if you actually thought they wouldn't catch you.

Maybe subconsiously :D I spent waaaaay too much time in this game. It was unhealthy.

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 03:09 PM
Can everyone stop pretending that RMT is a bad moral thing? It's a rule on this server that has no moral basis. It's just a regulation here. OP didn't kill anyone, rape anyone, etc. He broke a rule of an emulated video game server. I'm not "defending" RMT, I'm just stating the fake outrage as if these people are the scum of the Earth is lol.

Asap
03-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Maybe subconsiously :D I spent waaaaay too much time in this game. It was unhealthy.

I understand, the addiction is real. Sometimes I have to step back for a few weeks because I constantly "crave" EQ.

You can always start over fresh, that's the joy of this server. Look at Bouncerr/Gaffin, hes started over a few times, and is still going strong.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 03:11 PM
Can everyone stop pretending that RMT is a bad moral thing? It's a rule on this server that has no moral basis. It's just a regulation here. OP didn't kill anyone, rape anyone, etc. He broke a rule of an emulated video game server. I'm not "defending" RMT, I'm just stating the fake outrage as if these people are the scum of the Earth is lol.

RMT totally is immoral. It harms server communities.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 03:13 PM

How can you be sure he didn't rape anyone.

khanable
03-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Wont miss your stupid avatar popping up on my screen when I'm trying to browse the forums at work. Shithead. :rolleyes:

Not only does this degenerate RMT scumbag commit heinous acts against the server community, but he also hates puppies

What a sad individual

You need jesus

Lazie
03-23-2014, 03:18 PM

I mean he did RMT after all...

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 03:19 PM
I mean he did RMT after all...

A man of such low moral fiber must clearly be guilty. I'll inform the authorities.

khanable
03-23-2014, 03:20 PM
A man of such low moral fiber must clearly be guilty. I'll inform the authorities.

If the shoe fits!

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 03:21 PM
If the shoe fits!

He's a rapist?

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Not only does this degenerate RMT scumbag commit heinous acts against the server community, but he also hates puppies

What a sad individual

You need jesus

I honestly never looked close enough to see the puppies. Now that I do see them I'm feeling as though that has got to be some kind of animal abuse.

#freethepuppies2014

Daysprung
03-23-2014, 03:22 PM
He's a rapist?

I prefer rape-artist.

myriverse
03-23-2014, 03:24 PM
I wanted to make a new character and level up as fast as possible and kill merbs like everyone does.
Obviously, not like everyone.

Lazie
03-23-2014, 03:24 PM
I prefer rape-artist.

He admits his crimes...

khanable
03-23-2014, 03:25 PM
He admits his crimes...

That's twice now!

Xanthias
03-23-2014, 03:26 PM
In before RnF

Lazie
03-23-2014, 03:28 PM
That's twice now!

It's gotta be real. He made this thread just to confess his sins.

Derubael
03-23-2014, 03:36 PM
Thank you Daysprung.

I hope more people who RMT'd see your thread and realize it's time to let go (instead of defending themselves in the petition forum).

If all the dirty whistles just accepted that their whistles are in fact dirty, my post count wouldn't be exploding this morning (+200 posts in the last few hours. #CSRimmersed)

And remember, you can always re-roll a clean whistle and try again :)

heartbrand
03-23-2014, 03:38 PM
Thank you Daysprung.

I hope more people who RMT'd see your thread and realize it's time to let go (instead of defending themselves in the petition forum).

If all the dirty whistles just accepted that their whistles are in fact dirty, my post count wouldn't be exploding this morning (+200 posts in the last few hours. #CSRimmersed)

in all fairness, on red for example, no less than 25 people were banned merely because they shared a name with someone who RMT'ed

Pan
03-23-2014, 03:48 PM

I think you're missing the larger point. It's their world...their rules...and we agree to live by them.

You don't go into a friend's house and kick his dog and fark his wife...even tho you may do both in your own house.

We're all guests here. By logging in, we agree to abide by the rules set. If you knowingly and blatantly break those rules (by RMT, in this case), you're doing it wrong - and there IS a moral basis for that.

That said, great thread. Glad to see the post Daysprung.

Also...if I ran this circus, I'd be working on perma-banning the people...not telling them to re-roll clean. Tough to do, I know, but... It's the individuals who screwed up...not the accounts. I'd rather not have those types around (were it up to me).

Kekephee
03-23-2014, 03:55 PM
I liked Mylee :-(

Swifty
03-23-2014, 03:59 PM
Goodbye P99 it was fun while it lasted.

Flemming 60 Cleric
Henning 56 Cleric
Teatime 56 Rogue

/bye.. forever

Boilon
03-23-2014, 04:11 PM
Never understood why anyone needs to be involved with RMT at all, if you want a pay to win model game go play one of them, but not here. Stop being lazy, you clearly didn't want the true EQ experience.

Faerie
03-23-2014, 04:13 PM
I liked Mylee :-(

Why did you let it come to this? :(

Friends don't let friends RMT.

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 04:14 PM

Flemming 60 Cleric
Henning 56 Cleric
Teatime 56 Rogue

/bye.. forever

What the shit flemming. Why <_<

Freakish
03-23-2014, 04:15 PM
You got hit Flemming?
Damnit.

thefloydian
03-23-2014, 04:27 PM

RMT completely fucks up a lot of things about the server and thus negatively impacts a lot of people just trying to play the game normally.

Anderdale
03-23-2014, 04:31 PM
Man I was rmt before it wasn't legal. Back in 2009 I bought a manastone from Penoy for $20!

Iirc we even talked about it via pm on these forums

Clark
03-23-2014, 04:47 PM
Never camp the item you want that is that sought after. Camp the pp instead. Easier 90% of the time.

Ravager
03-23-2014, 04:51 PM
RMT is against the rules. If you break the rules that makes you a cheater. Why should it be okay for some people to cheat when the majority of people don't? I'm not going to mourn the loss of 400 cheaters.

cries4hardcore
03-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Good time to start a new toon gonna be plenty of low levels to group with... Always wanted to try an enchanter lol

Cecily
03-23-2014, 04:56 PM
It's been fun P99. Cecily, Wyntir, and Glireniel signing off...

Till the next dragon pops

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 05:02 PM
It's been fun P99. Cecily, Wyntir, Glireniel, and Zalea signing off...

Not even cool cecily. This is exactly why things went poorly for romeo and juliet.

Swish
03-23-2014, 05:03 PM

Flemming 60 Cleric
Henning 56 Cleric
Teatime 56 Rogue

/bye.. forever

I ported Flemming/Henning just yesterday, am I now holding RMT plat? :/

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 05:05 PM

... /taps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WChTqYlDjtI

Freakish
03-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Bye Swish, you're screwed.
Grats Flemming on your cool robe.

YendorLootmonkey
03-23-2014, 05:10 PM

Yes, better find a group and /autosplit that shit to make sure they go down with you.

Mezzmur
03-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Yes, better find a group and /autosplit that shit to make sure they go down with you.

I used RMT to spawn the Maestro that BDA killed. BDA now all banned. Goodbye cruel world.

chief
03-23-2014, 05:28 PM
17million pp just left the economy with zeelots ban

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 05:33 PM
17million pp just left the economy with zeelots ban

Can anyone confirm or deny. Would lol so hard if that was the case but I don't think he's stupid enough to RMT in increments.

Cecily
03-23-2014, 05:34 PM
Not even cool cecily. This is exactly why things went poorly for romeo and juliet.

I do bite my thumb, sir.

Pheer
03-23-2014, 05:34 PM
how can the rmt be real if our eyes arent real

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 05:39 PM
I do bite my thumb, sir.

But do you bite your thumb AT ME, sir?

Pheer
03-23-2014, 05:48 PM
Hokushin Gotpopped

Eunomia
03-23-2014, 05:49 PM

So many good quotes in this thread, but I'll quote my good friend, Derubael.

I know you are feeling bummed now, but we'll be here welcoming you with open arms when / if you decide to give it another try.

If you do decide to leave us, it really was my pleasure knowing you.

*hugs*

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 05:52 PM
Hokushin Gotpopped

Interdasting. More interesting tho, has zeelot logged in today :P

innocent51
03-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Modern MMOs decided to make RTM a part of the game (as long as their taking their fee).
Ban is classic. Classic is why we're here right?

Nightbear
03-23-2014, 05:59 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUdge :(

Been fun playing with you Mylee.

Pheer
03-23-2014, 06:57 PM
Feign Deafinitelygotpopped

Skittlez
03-23-2014, 07:08 PM
My Paladin! Noooooo!

Nisei
03-23-2014, 07:12 PM
Can I have your stuff?

Edgetiq
03-23-2014, 07:26 PM
We've lost many rebels today, I salute you. Fight the power.... No wait...

If you want to throw money away send me a PM I'll give you my paypal and I accept all monetary donations.

For those times when you think, I know I'll buy some pixels and win.... just think NO! and wash that dirty feeling away by giving it to me instead who will supply you with coaching on how to beat your need to win at games at any cost (literally) mentality, with the added bonus that you will wake up the next day knowing in your mind....

If you keep the nasty Rogean at bay, you're free to farm pixels the right way.

I'm here for you... call me 0800-PIXELS

MaksimMazor
03-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Good riddance

Laledorie
03-23-2014, 07:36 PM
Good riddance

^ What he said!

Edgetiq
03-23-2014, 07:40 PM
Good riddance

You talk of them as if they're some sort of scum.

Easy for you to take the moral high ground isn't it!

These people may have broken the rules but probably budgeted hard so they could afford the pixels. Maybe kids/pets/grand parents starved in the process but at least for a few precious moments.

They fucking owned every rat in West Freeport without stopping to heal, loving dem Fungis

Doesn't make them bad people does it? You just sound jealous IMHO... not cool brah, not cool

MaksimMazor
03-23-2014, 07:43 PM
No remorse for cheaters

chief
03-23-2014, 07:44 PM
no truce for the shadow

Lazie
03-23-2014, 07:52 PM

These people may have broken the rules but probably budgeted hard so they could afford the pixels. Maybe kids/pets/grand parents starved in the process but at least for a few precious moments.

They fucking owned every rat in West Freeport without stopping to heal, loving dem Fungis

Doesn't make them bad people does it? You just sound jealous IMHO... not cool brah, not cool

I laughed. But yeah seriously why spend real money on an item that you can farm pp for in a day or 2 at the right camps.

Pheer
03-23-2014, 08:03 PM
#FreeHoku
#FightThePower
#GotPopped

Lojik
03-23-2014, 08:08 PM

In reality, are you the loser here or the winner? I don't know whether to feel bad for the banned or happy for them (if they choose to take their lives back.) The money they lost RMTing is nothing compared to the days played they would have invested in this game.

Skittlez
03-23-2014, 08:13 PM
Can I have your stuff?

Yeah sure! Lemme just log on..

Oh yeah, she's gone in the wind.

Flowz
03-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I laughed. But yeah seriously why spend real money on an item that you can farm pp for in a day or 2 at the right camps.

Depends on how long it would take to get the item and how long to farm the money, You say at the right camps, but do you include playtime and the other 900 poeple that maybe camping these "spots" as well? Maybe some people dont have time to play in the "dead hours" and can only play in primetime when population is highest and camps are taken most of the time.

Some of these poeple have jobs where they commit to more then the game, then they make money during these hours, instead of farming plat for two or 3 hours maybe they were at work and made 100 - 200 $'s who knows and decide to spend it on a few items in their virtual game... They broke the rules and got caught, who cares they are no less human then anyone else hell buy items hardly effects anyone its more a legal issue that stops it im pretty sure.

fastboy21
03-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Every single person that I have ever known IRL or in-game that I knew was RMTing has been banned at some point in the last two years. Don't do it. They do catch you eventually. Every single one...eventually.

The logs don't disappear and there is no statue of limitations. You will be caught. Don't do it.

element08
03-23-2014, 08:25 PM
Doesn't make them bad people does it?

I'm sure nobody went into a RMT twirling their moustache, but because their actions show they'd rather put their own enjoyment before the rest of the server I've got no problems enjoying the fallout.

Kimmie
03-23-2014, 08:28 PM
May Prexus have mercy on their souls.

Uteunayr
Cya.

Yiblaan
May Prexus have mercy on their souls.

^

MaksimMazor
03-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Some of these poeple have jobs where they commit to more then the game, then they make money during these hours, instead of farming plat for two or 3 hours maybe they were at work and made 100 - 200 $'s who knows and decide to spend it on a few items in their virtual game... They broke the rules and got caught, who cares they are no less human then anyone else hell buy items hardly effects anyone its more a legal issue that stops it im pretty sure.

Lol why would you work for 3 hours and spend the money you make on a game, versus playing a game for 3 hours and not spending money?

Flowz
03-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Lol why would you work for 3 hours and spend the money you make on a game, versus playing a game for 3 hours and not spending money?

Because its a hobby for some people, some people spend money on their hobbies, some people dont have the time to camp some items, maybe the camp is always taken when they get on maybe they can only play for a few hours a day from 6 - 9 or something and groups are usually full and waiting lists there are lots of scenario's...

Nodd
03-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Because its a hobby for some people, some people spend money on their hobbies, some people dont have the time to camp some items, maybe the camp is always taken when they get on maybe they can only play for a few hours a day from 6 - 9 or something and groups are usually full and waiting lists there are lots of scenario's...

What most can farm in 3 hours < what most can buy for 3 hours worth of wages.

MaksimMazor
03-23-2014, 08:39 PM
No excuse for cheating

fastboy21
03-23-2014, 08:40 PM

because it takes more (a lot more) than 3 hours to farm enough pp for what most of us can buy using real dollars.

the problem with EQ when it comes to RMT is that the game is so punishing and exclusive that it lends itself very easily to the RMT market.

the amount of time saved by plunking down a few irl dollars for an fbss on a new char is extremely tempting. the only rational reason not to do it is that you will eventually get banned. and you will. therefore, don't do it.

Nodd
03-23-2014, 08:42 PM
No excuse for cheating

Just giving you an answer to your question. Guess it doesn't apply...

;)

Flowz
03-23-2014, 08:45 PM
Never said it was an excuse but doesn't make the people who did it scum of the earth, Speeding is against the law, some people get away with it some dont, does that make the oens that dont scum? getting your windows really tinted is against the law but soem poeple chose to do it anyway, does that make them scummy people?

Ahldagor
03-23-2014, 08:47 PM
all that rmt cash and it could have been spent on hookers...

HeallunRumblebelly
03-23-2014, 08:52 PM
^

Yib you still read this shit?

Cecily
03-23-2014, 08:57 PM
But do you bite your thumb AT ME, sir?

Is the law of server chat on my side if I say ay?
No, sir, I do not bite my thumb at you, sir, but I
bite my thumb, sir.

element08
03-23-2014, 08:58 PM
all that rmt cash and it could have been spent on hookers...

please, think of the hookers

LostCause
03-23-2014, 09:08 PM

LOL

Swish
03-23-2014, 09:16 PM
I don't want to transfer high end items between guildies/friends anymore :s

salimoneus
03-23-2014, 09:18 PM
RMT would never have gotten to the level it had if the timeline was not so messed up on this server. Sure it would still be around, just like it was on classic, but it would be a mere blip on the radar compared to what has transpired over the last couple years.

Fix the damn timeline. Wipe this bitch, and make everything right again. With any luck Velious might actually be ready when it's supposed to be this time around.

And yes, the same problems will arise eventually due to the server reaching the end of supported expansions, but at least it will truly be "classic" again to experience all worlds as they were once upon a time. Then when the time has come, wipe it again, or just end the project.

Here we have a real opportunity to make it truly classic again. Isn't that why we are all here? Who really wants to go into Velious overgeared, overnumbered, and top it all off with some loot rationing scheme? That's boring, predictable, and is easy mode EQ. Most players didn't come here for easy mode anything, at least I didn't.

Ahldagor
03-23-2014, 09:25 PM
RMT would never have gotten to the level it had if the timeline was not so messed up on this server. Sure it would still be around, just like it was on classic, but it would be a mere blip on the radar compared to what has transpired over the last couple years.

Fix the damn timeline. Wipe this bitch, and make everything right again. With any luck Velious might actually be ready when it's supposed to be this time around.

And yes, the same problems will arise eventually due to the server reaching the end of supported expansions, but at least it will truly be "classic" again to experience all worlds as they were once upon a time. Then when the time has come, wipe it again, or just end the project.

Here we have a real opportunity to make it truly classic again. Isn't that why we are all here? Who really wants to go into Velious overgeared, overnumbered, and top it all off with some loot rationing scheme? That's boring, predictable, and is easy mode EQ. Most players didn't come here for easy mode anything, at least I didn't.

http://lucybird1.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/1366352331072.gif?w=600

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-23-2014, 09:49 PM

Tldr

Buellen
03-23-2014, 09:51 PM
DOH myleee

wimper bye bye peggy cloak

botrainer
03-24-2014, 12:49 AM
Hey at lease some people can come forward about it.

Don't mind the rants honestly....It must be they have let them evil republicans barrow so deep into their brain they all they can be at this stages of there life is hateful, mean, frustrated, and flat out embarrassing for the P99 community.

Best of luck to the few who actually man up and said I fooked up and I'm sorry but now moving on. Honestly not a lot who will come forward. Tho its likely we only lost 20 to 25 total members of the community...accounts are free to created, and only need to be level 1 to hold items and plat...and I'm sure Plat lord like the good little pack rat he is, had a number of accounts and still has more yet to be discovered where he is stock piling plats.

Anyhow good luck to tho who at the very most came forward and is willing to take their licks and move on from it. Me personally I've never been one to yell and scream for names, what point does it prove? Over time people will figure it out :) After it is a very small community even with 1000 active players.

rollin5k
03-24-2014, 12:57 AM
i dont understand how it wouldn't be completely obvious who is selling the stuff they loot for rmt. i mean even if it wasnt logged how could it be that hard

quido
03-24-2014, 01:00 AM
http://thebillfold.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Scrooge.jpg

JPMorgan
03-24-2014, 05:58 AM
RMT: glad you're all gone.

Rupertox
03-24-2014, 06:39 AM
maybe the camp is always taken when they get on ...

Evidently, and if people continue buying those items.... Those Camps will remain taken....

myriverse
03-24-2014, 06:57 AM
They are. Relatively. Sure, they're not hurting people, but that doesn't make them not scum. RMTing is like playing a game of Monopoly and buying Park Place without landing on it for real cash. It damages other people's experience of the game in the same way. That's scummy.

Yeah.

Pretty sure not. But if you think this, then it defeats you're theory that they are not scum. Only a complete and utter bastard would hurt their family over a game. That's no different than scoring your crack instead of feeding your kids. Even worse, if you consider that with even EQ addiction there is no chemical dependence.

But no, I'm really sure the vast majority just have disposable income. Maybe even too much disposable income.

Ferocitas
03-24-2014, 07:06 AM

While there would be some drama and /ragequit fallout from this I can only imagine how damn cool it would be starting on a completely fresh server in P99.

mostbitter
03-24-2014, 07:39 AM
But I would do it again. I would do it again, including the RMT, in a heartbeat. It made the game more playable during a time when I didn't think I could handle leveling up a new character due to time constraints. This game is amazing and brought me back to a time in my youth that I truely enjoyed. These days I dont have the same time to put in that I did back then but I do have a whole lot more money, so you can see the allure

Myth busted. Rot in hell for your crimes.

Bakaris
03-24-2014, 07:51 AM

Flemming 60 Cleric
Henning 56 Cleric
Teatime 56 Rogue

/bye.. forever

Hvad fanden Henning! Din bandit :-P

Hilsen Preben

Lisset
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM

This.

I didn't log on after the ban until late yesterday and I was nervous because only the day prior I had transferred 17k for a guildmate.

Fortunately I was fine but I seriously wondered if I might not have unwittingly been caught up in shenanigans.

Lamil
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Why would you want a server reset for RMT banned people to be able to start over on and profit again?

tizznyres
03-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Why would people banned for RMT be not only allowed, but even encouraged to make a new account and start again? People who are too lazy to play classic EQ like classic EQ aren't going to stop on their next try, they are going to be more sneaky about it.

Wake the fuck up, these people are toxic to any real MMO community and economy.

-Zage Themage

Danth
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM
It's not at all easy to actually perma-ban people anyway, so antagonizing them further serves no benefit.

Danth

tizznyres
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
No, but it's pretty easy not to make posts welcoming them back with open arms.

*In "their own" thread no less...

myriverse
03-24-2014, 11:43 AM
I really think you RMTers would prefer WoW over classic EQ.

grosen333
03-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Thank you Daysprung.

For those who got banned, look at it like derubael said, "its time to let go" , Just think how much time you have wasted playing on this server and making it a better...Summer time will be coming sooner then you know it, go out meet people and have a good time, don't waist it by sitting in-front of a computer...

And just because deru said you can re-roll a clean whistle doesn't mean the server as a whole is clean.... I feel for those who were banned for RMT, rules are rules but, not for nothing, nothing really beats being compensated for all the hard work and time you put into playing your character. They should have ended this A whole lot sooner, by banning the RMT"ERS when they knew who they were that were doing it, then having wait months down the road and have a player base build up and punish everyone else who dealt with them.... sad!!!! Should have banned the supplier a long time ago...

I am not flaming because my account was banned (I already left this game a long time ago), but i do like to come back to the forum and read posts or what ever news is happening.. and not for nothing i am kinda glad i made the right decision to end the game, server is going to the shit bucket just a matter of time until it kicks...;)

quido
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM
Depending on what you put into it, getting banned can sting I imagine. If I lost all my accounts I'd just call it good =P You'd have to be fucking retarded to do this shit more than once

Daysprung
03-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Depending on what you put into it, getting banned can sting I imagine. If I lost all my accounts I'd just call it good =P You'd have to be fucking retarded to do this shit more than once

^^^

tizznyres
03-24-2014, 12:06 PM
^^^

If the owners of the 400 other accounts agree, that makes my day. Thanks!

daasgoot
03-24-2014, 12:18 PM
I work full time, have a wife, 2 daughters

I get to play on average 2 hours a night (11pm-1am) 4-5 days a week..

I would buy some plat if it was allowed

EDIT: I have and will continue to donate to p99 server staff.

Danth
03-24-2014, 12:22 PM
I work full time, have a wife, 2 daughters
I get to play on average 2 hours a night (11pm-1am) 4-5 days a week..
I would buy some plat if it was allowed

..And so would practically everyone else, so you'd still be behind.

I started when this server opened. Like you I'm married and have a family and other commitments. I simply accept that I won't have the same pixels that the folks who can put in 50+ hours a week have. So what? They can play their game, I'll play mine, and I like my part of the game just fine. Do what you can, and don't worry overmuch about what other folks do.

Danth

Buffet_Shammy
03-24-2014, 12:23 PM

Yup

They said I was affiliated with one of the clowns farming cash and selling it. Despite my offers to provide bank statements or w/e to prove I didn't buy plat they banned me.

Playing here for as long as I have, I always questioned/defended the judgement passed on the GM's for ENJOYING banning more than actually following the necessary investigation steps to prove a players guilt.

I now see where that reputation comes from. No interest, no suspension... Closed my appeal.

Good Luck folks, I will miss yahs. I'll go spend my yearly $300 donation on a steak dinner or something :)

Gadwen
03-24-2014, 12:27 PM
So we know that they got 400 accounts of buyers, how much plat and how many accounts/items did they remove from the sellers?

sanforce
03-24-2014, 12:28 PM
Yup

They said I was affiliated with one of the clowns farming cash and selling it. Despite my offers to provide bank statements or w/e to prove I didn't buy plat they banned me.

~Buffet~ |Ogre Shaman| ~Bregan D'Aerth~

So, BDA is Platlord? It all makes sense why they rule lawyered their way into no-work dragon pixels.

Nuggie
03-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Not likely. Bda can't provide some of the things platlord has sold.

Vidar
03-24-2014, 12:40 PM
Dear 600 RMT bannees,

Go fuck yourselves

I won't miss you

Not giving any shits,
Cucumbers

I second this.

Derubael
03-24-2014, 01:29 PM
So we know that they got 400 accounts of buyers, how much plat and how many accounts/items did they remove from the sellers?

All of it.

Nordenwatch
03-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Derubael, you stated that you didn't find much RMT activity through my accounts.

If you check my mules and go through that you'll probably find lots of activity.

Mulemulemule, Mulespell, Midlane.

Laledorie
03-24-2014, 01:40 PM
I still can't believe that people actually spend their real money on plat or items. I mean, I can understand donating to the server because you think it's awesome (or whatever). But do people really care that much about having the best of the best items? C'mon! It's supposed to be a game you play for fun, I can't imagine that spending money on items and getting banned is really all that fun. Just play the game! O.o

JayN
03-24-2014, 01:41 PM
I still can't believe that people actually spend their real money on plat or items. I mean, I can understand donating to the server because you think it's awesome (or whatever). But do people really care that much about having the best of the best items? C'mon! It's supposed to be a game you play for fun, I can't imagine that spending money on items and getting banned is really all that fun. Just play the game! O.o

unfortunately people buying RMT are the main donators tbh

Suwu
03-24-2014, 01:48 PM
It's been fun P99. Cecily, Wyntir, Glireniel, and Zalea signing off...

Whatttt?? NNoo :( so long cec

jaybone
03-24-2014, 01:52 PM
Yup

Playing here for as long as I have, I always questioned/defended the judgement passed on the GM's for ENJOYING banning more than actually following the necessary investigation steps to prove a players guilt.

I now see where that reputation comes from. No interest, no suspension... Closed my appeal.

Good Luck folks, I will miss yahs. I'll go spend my yearly $300 donation on a steak dinner or something :)

Sounds like you were not accused of buying plat but rather supplying the person who was selling it.

daasgoot
03-24-2014, 01:52 PM
I still can't believe that people actually spend their real money on plat or items.

That's because you are poor...

There are so many F2P games that make money through $$ purchases for in-game items.

is it really THAT unbelievable????? cmon.. don't be naive.

jaybone
03-24-2014, 01:54 PM

Like many have said in this thread a lot of us have real lifes now and don't get to sit at home and make sammichs all day and play eq.

Laledorie
03-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Like many have said in this thread a lot of us have real lifes now and don't get to sit at home and make sammichs all day and play eq.

I get that... But there are also many people that have real lives, play, and don't break the rules. They get to continue their casual play without losing all of their legitimately earned items/platz.

jaybone
03-24-2014, 02:02 PM
I get that... But there are also many people that have real lives, play, and don't break the rules. They get to continue their casual play without losing all of their legitimately earned items/platz.

Good luck competing with the guilds here composed of people on unemployment and government benefits.

casdegere
03-24-2014, 02:07 PM

Obviously people are willing to break the rules just to be better then the next guy. Regardless of how much or how little time you have to play, the game is fun without the best gear. I'm not sure what the point of spending time on any game where you can just 'cheat' your way through it to get ahead.

If 'I' didn't earn it or EC buy it with Plat I earned while playing, I can not really call it my own. I possess it but I didn't play the game for it. Not really sure I'd be interested in playing if I had all the best stuff anyways.

I've been on the server since 2011 and I enjoy 'the game' and what my toons are what I've accomplished while playing it. Not a factor of how much disposable income I have.

Aviann
03-24-2014, 02:09 PM
unfortunately people buying RMT are the main donators tbh

Not really tbh

Bazia
03-24-2014, 02:09 PM
sometimes id rather have a fungi tunic then another 100$ doing nothing in my wallet

there i said it

baalzy
03-24-2014, 02:11 PM
The thing with RMT is it supports a group of people who don't give 2 shits about the server community. Every time someone gives real cash for in-game pixels to a 3rd party they're encouraging someone to monopolize content for profit. These sites live off the demand for their services, if nobody ever purchased from them then eventually they'd move on to somewhere else where they can turn a profit. This would mean fewer people competing for rogue/cleric epic MQs or Ring of Ancient MQs because they wouldn't stand to make any real money on it (which is their goal). Ultimately, with them gone, competition from real players who want to get the items on their own would be diminished or the supply of plat on the server would stop growing at such a high rate and prices would drop.

JHTheisen
03-24-2014, 02:12 PM
I don't understand the thinking that just because the cheating doesn't make someone "the scum of the Earth", that somehow it's ok. The hell with that. That argument holds no water with me.

HethGnome
03-24-2014, 02:15 PM
RMT might not make you Hitler, but it does make you selfish and disrespectful.

Edgetiq
03-24-2014, 02:21 PM

Yeah like me for instance a self made Druid IRL too

Which makes me wonder.. how exactly is this server funded?

Swish
03-24-2014, 02:24 PM
Good luck competing with the guilds here composed of people on unemployment and government benefits.

"Batphone or Obamaphone?: A Debate"

Spitty
03-24-2014, 02:27 PM
There's a great saying about fools and their money.

I forget the details, but you're a complete and utter fucking failure at life if the best thing you can do with a hundo is buy a fungi tunic on this server.

smedlysmom14
03-24-2014, 02:33 PM
RMT is never going to stop. There is a demand so there will be a supply. In another 2 to 3 months its gonna pick back up again, then another 5 to 6 months from now there will be another ban wave. It'll just break the community again and allow a few select individuals to walk away with peoples money.

The only way to fix the problem is to release more content (velious), and regulate it and/or tax it (pay for server shit so the staff/donations doesn't have to). Taxing in a sense could be hard to do though cause it could pose legal problems for Rogean and the staff that run P99.

Something has to be done though unless the staff just likes playing the white knight card and doing "the gods work" of banning the "evil" rmters over, and over again...

moneysee
03-24-2014, 02:35 PM
The moral indignation in these threads are hilarious. You're all playing on a reverse-engineered server! A company spent a lot of time and effort into making this game and you're getting all of this for free! So everyone playing this game is a "dirty whistle" as one fellow likes to repeatedly say. To the others who are just flabbergasted that people would pay money to get an edge or have more fun in a game are either naive or stupid. Take a basic economics course. Most problems come with two solutions, you can spend time or money. If I have more money than time then I will probably take advantage of this and do whatever I can to have more fun with the limited play time that I have.

Yes, it's against the rules, but it was questionable how well this was being enforced (this is not the case anymore). When I bought plat there were multiple websites selling every item in the game as well as large amounts of platinum. To a newbie this sent the message that RMT were being paid lip service rather than being strictly enforced. The only people who really suffered were the buyers. The sellers made all of their money and probably knew the ban was eventually coming.

Anyways, I'm kind of relieved that I was banned. I could feel myself getting sucked back into the Evercrack, a true testament to the work of the staff. Oh and to all the moral high grounders yes I know I'm a complete scumbag and everything I've done in my lifeless is worthless, and you're correct in assuming that my parents never loved me.

Ahldagor
03-24-2014, 02:39 PM
The moral indignation in these threads are hilarious. You're all playing on a reverse-engineered server! A company spent a lot of time and effort into making this game and you're getting all of this for free! So everyone playing this game is a "dirty whistle" as one fellow likes to repeatedly say. To the others who are just flabbergasted that people would pay money to get an edge or have more fun in a game are either naive or stupid. Take a basic economics course. Most problems come with two solutions, you can spend time or money. If I have more money than time then I will probably take advantage of this and do whatever I can to have more fun with the limited play time that I have.

Yes, it's against the rules, but it was questionable how well this was being enforced (this is not the case anymore). When I bought plat there were multiple websites selling every item in the game as well as large amounts of platinum. To a newbie this sent the message that RMT were being paid lip service rather than being strictly enforced. The only people who really suffered were the buyers. The sellers made all of their money and probably knew the ban was eventually coming.

Anyways, I'm kind of relieved that I was banned. I could feel myself getting sucked back into the Evercrack, a true testament to the work of the staff. Oh and to all the moral high grounders yes I know I'm a complete scumbag and everything I've done in my lifeless is worthless, and you're correct in assuming that my parents never loved me.

you realize it's the combating rmt that allows the server to stay up right?

There's a great saying about fools and their money.

I forget the details, but you're a complete and utter fucking failure at life if the best thing you can do with a hundo is buy a fungi tunic on this server.

exactly. a decently cheap escort is worth that bill for an hour with 'em

Kekephee
03-24-2014, 02:41 PM

p.sure the whole "eqemu" thing is at the very least sanctioned by Sony and at the very most a service provided as an affiliated poopydoopydoo by them

That is to say, it's not like someone copied EQ files, hacked them up, recoded them to be classic, and tossed them onto a website and Sony just HASN'T NOTICED their massively profitable inellectual property being used on a massive scale out in the open

Nikon
03-24-2014, 02:43 PM
p.sure the whole "eqemu" thing is at the very least sanctioned by Sony and at the very most a service provided as an affiliated poopydoopydoo by them

That is to say, it's not like someone copied EQ files, hacked them up, recoded them to be classic, and tossed them onto a website and Sony just HASN'T NOTICED their massively profitable inellectual property being used on a massive scale out in the open

You should probably check your sources.

moneysee
03-24-2014, 02:47 PM
It's definitely not legal, Sony has just looked the other way FOR NOW. Maybe they'll come out with their own God's Work banning ;)

Spitty
03-24-2014, 02:48 PM

Oh, you wanna get all "basic economics" on us, do you?

Fair enough.

You voluntarily entered an extremely high-risk transaction whereby your legal tender was exchanged for an intangible good that carried a high chance of being removed from your possession, or your access to said good denied, at any point in time.

In smaller words, you paid real fucking money for nothing.

Moral high ground? Yeah, I have a little bit of that. Mostly because I'm apparently in a select group of people that wouldn't dream of doing something so utterly fucking stupid. You do not belong to this group, clearly.

Spitty
03-24-2014, 02:56 PM
It's definitely not legal, Sony has just looked the other way FOR NOW. Maybe they'll come out with their own God's Work banning ;)

You...are an interesting individual.

Caught red-handed throwing cash at items on a server you knew full well was flying under the radar, and now you're slyly hoping for retribution against that server?

Are you a total dick for a living? I wouldn't be surprised, as you're clearly making enough money at it to buy your way to emulated success.

slappytwotoes
03-24-2014, 03:00 PM
So much morality BS here.

RMT doesn't make you a bad person any more than speeding on the freeway. Someone breaking the rules doesn't give ANYONE reason to get up on their high horse and condemn.

Everyone has broken rules for their own convenience, we're all human. The real crime is acting like a righteous person when someone else did something wrong.

Ahldagor
03-24-2014, 03:06 PM

RMT doesn't make you a bad person any more than speeding on the freeway. Someone breaking the rules doesn't give ANYONE reason to get up on their high horse and condemn.

Everyone has broken rules for their own convenience, we're all human. The real crime is acting like a righteous person when someone else did something wrong.

this is great. ignoring the fact that server rules were broken to make the point. right. high ground or not the violators can be condemned by those who have not committed rule infractions.

Daysprung
03-24-2014, 03:07 PM

Fair enough.

You voluntarily entered an extremely high-risk transaction whereby your legal tender was exchanged for an intangible good that carried a high chance of being removed from your possession, or your access to said good denied, at any point in time.

Moral high ground? Yeah, I have a little bit of that. Mostly because I'm apparently in a select group of people that wouldn't dream of doing something so utterly fucking stupid. You do not belong to this group, clearly.

Actually, we paid real fucking money for a good amount of enjoyment. If experience and enjoyment aren't worth money, what is? Nobody is going to keep their items forever. The server will die. We just lost them earlier but we still got to have fun with them.

QuasiGnome
RMT does affect others. Sellers can send their prices through the roof when folks walk in throwing their new coin around. Trying to save up for these items legitimately gets harder and harder as the prices continue to rise. The community is better when currency is as stable as possible.

And they should really stop with the "I don't have time to earn my own plats because family and job and responsibility" stuff.

I've Known plenty of folks that RMT'd over the years that I've played (EQLive and others) and they all had one thing in common, they were entitled and impatient. Didn't matter if they played a lot or a little, they want what they want, and they want it now.

Patience is a virtue. Just enjoy the journey, getting there is half the fun. But I'm sure they've heard that a thousand times and just don't buy it.

Lune
It's so entertaining reading the half-baked, fringe BS you people come up with to try and reconcile your scummy behavior with right and wrong.

B-b-but other people do bad things, so it's not bad when I do them too!

I'll give you a hint to help you sort out all these emotions: RMT harms the integrity of the server.

JPMorgan

Ah, I remember being 14 years old.

moneysee

Fair enough.

Dude, learn to read? Did I ever express any outrage over being banned? I can accept that. I just think the hypocrisy is palpable. I won't address anything else in your post because like the majority of the other holy rollers here you're full of spite and misplaced rage.

Daysprung
03-24-2014, 03:10 PM
you realize it's the combating rmt that allows the server to stay up right?

How do you figure? The server was doing just fine back when it was allowed.

weezilla
03-24-2014, 03:10 PM

Fair enough.

Removing the sellers more quickly probably would help keep relatively innocent people out of this stuff. As everyone keeps saying, a lot of people from classic have jobs and families now and it's quite tempting to buy at least a little plat. If sellers know bans are happening routinely, they may be less likely to attempt to enter the p1999 market.

I think the more courteous thing to do would be to handle punishment a little more organically. You bought 10k? Let me delete 10k from your account, or a 10k item... Obviously this wouldn't work for every case, but at least then some people would be allowed to go on contributing to p1999 population.

It's crappy there's such a strict perma-ban policy on this. The damage has been done by the time the transactions are over (especially for such a delayed ban wave). Give a few of the less-guilty parties their accounts back and they'll know not to do it again, and also warn their friends not to participate in that stuff.

myriverse
03-24-2014, 03:15 PM
It's not so cut and dried. Sony lost the legal battle against Bleem's emulators, remember. It would depend on how much EQEmu is like Winter's Roar, who lost their fight. Retrofitting programs to work with the Sony client is not so wrong.

moneysee
03-24-2014, 03:18 PM
You...are an interesting individual.

Caught red-handed throwing cash at items on a server you knew full well was flying under the radar, and now you're slyly hoping for retribution against that server?

Are you a total dick for a living? I wouldn't be surprised, as you're clearly making enough money at it to buy your way to emulated success.

Lol, here is the hypocrisy again. If I suggest the same thing happen to this server that happened to RMT's you get upset. Why? It's the same thing isn't it? Believe it or not, outside of this here emulator there is another world. It too has its own set of rules. The very existence of this community is violating some of these rules. Shouldn't retribution be delivered? Then all livers can congregate in their forums and call us scumbags.

Ahldagor
03-24-2014, 03:19 PM

sony and enforcement of their intellectual property. server combats folks making money off of sony ip so sony goes okay they can stay up cause it's not like sony is going to get a cut.

Daysprung
03-24-2014, 03:20 PM
I think the more courteous thing to do would be to handle punishment a little more organically. You bought 10k? Let me delete 10k from your account, or a 10k item... Obviously this wouldn't work for every case, but at least then some people would be allowed to go on contributing to p1999 population.

It's crappy there's such a strict perma-ban policy on this. The damage has been done by the time the transactions are over (especially for such a delayed ban wave). Give a few of the less-guilty parties their accounts back and they'll know not to do it again, and also warn their friends not to participate in that stuff.

I wish this was a possibility too...I offered to poof the things I bought but we don't make the rules here. I can understand that they want to make a point it just sucks to be on the receiving end :D

moneysee
03-24-2014, 03:20 PM
It's not so cut and dried. Sony lost the legal battle against Bleem's emulators, remember. It would depend on how much EQEmu is like Winter's Roar, who lost their fight. Retrofitting programs to work with the Sony client is not so wrong.

Things rarely are with the law. I honestly don't think they care either. I think we can safely say it's a legal grey area though.

Sarajo
03-24-2014, 03:22 PM

Well when someone smokes weed and it's against the law, I couldn't care less. Enjoy!

Unless or course they're driving, or flying a plane, or are supposed to be protecting the rest of us(e.g. if they were on guard duty at a compound I worked at), and somehow my person, property, or time was disrespected as a result of them being stupid, then I think I could indeed get on my high horse and condemn.

That's the thing with RMT: It harms everyone. For those of us who are still beating up HHK guards for fine steel to make platz, we have to now face prices that have been artificially inflated to meet the greed of those who were turning plat into real money. That means more time slaving away at the plat farm to afford things like items needed for epics that are camped 24/7. I'm sorry you can't see the bigger picture.

casdegere
03-24-2014, 03:22 PM

Really? People and guilds who want access to content are being blocked by people who are going in for MQing the same stuff 5x, 10x more. How is that 'just fine'? What you all are charging for that stuff is direct result of people who RMT and PAY for that stuff in such a fashion. There are some people with the plat to buy but not the average person. Without a market, people will move on, period.

Removing the sellers more quickly probably would help keep relatively innocent people out of this stuff. As everyone keeps saying, a lot of people from classic have jobs and families now and it's quite tempting to buy at least a little plat. If sellers know bans are happening routinely, they may be less likely to attempt to enter the p1999 market.

It is not crappy. It is in the EULA and has been in the rules as long as the server has been going. The time and energy it would take to accomplish what you propose is absurdly large. In fact I find your entire post here absurd. Alot of items and Plat are now gone forever and the server is better for it.

Kristian
03-24-2014, 03:26 PM

RMT'ng on P99 does makes you a shitty person. You have no right to charge money for pixels provided by Rogean and co's hard work and charity getting p99 up and keeping it running. It's like taking from a food pantry for the poor and then trying to sell the stuff out of your food truck for profit, shitting all over everyone's generosity in the process to satisfy the greed in your rotten soul.

Ahldagor
03-24-2014, 03:28 PM
RMT'ng on P99 does makes you a shitty person. You have no right to charge money for pixels provided by Rogean and co's hard work and charity getting p99 up and keeping it running. It's like taking from a food pantry for the poor and then trying to sell the stuff out of your food truck for profit, shitting all over everyone's generosity in the process to satisfy the greed in your rotten soul.

good analogy

Buffet_Shammy
03-24-2014, 03:32 PM
I’m not bragging one bit

I’m pointing out that they decided to take the lazy road, rail every single person who was involved, affiliated or even TALKED to any of this guys characters/mules.

No communication, no investigation. It’s laziness. I mean, look at the GM’s signature. He clearly enjoys this shit and can care less about the fairness/well being of the players impacted.

If what he says is true, this Platlord guy has been operating since Day 1. You know how many people he probably communicated with? I’m sure he played on the server before he opened this business.

I PL’d one of his alts, a Rogue… and they served me a ban for being paid plat from his mule. A mule named Buyandsell

Yup, that’s a mule name that is trying to fly under the radar.

I can care less, the point of my post is they could have done this better. I am all for nailing the HORRIBLE inflation on this server with something like this, but losing my toons when I didn’t buy plat is bullshit.

Should ban all those bards in OT charging 2-3k/hour for power leveling. I got banned for same reason.

Spitty
03-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Lol, here is the hypocrisy again. If I suggest the same thing happen to this server that happened to RMT's you get upset. Why? It's the same thing isn't it? Believe it or not, outside of this here emulator there is another world. It too has its own set of rules. The very existence of this community is violating some of these rules. Shouldn't retribution be delivered? Then all livers can congregate in their forums and call us scumbags.

There's nothing hypocritical about what I'm throwing at you. I'm pointing out that you entered what could be the stupidest financial transaction in the history of economics. I wouldn't dream of doing something so hideously irresponsible, but apparently that's a-ok with you.

Whatever, live your life by the results of your shitty decisions. Not my problem.

What is my problem, however, is that you are such a disgusting human being that you're not content with just owning your stinking dump of a monetary commitment and leaving it at that. Nope - you would rather see everyone else playing this game suffer as well before your failure is complete, and you fucking justify this by stating we're all technically breaking some rule or another so why not shut the whole goddamn thing down?

Fuck you. Take your stupidity, your veiled religious references, your misuse of the word 'hypocrisy' and go fuck yourself with them.

You and all of the other bullshit people that lack the ability to own their mistakes and learn from them without having to cause some kind of justified retribution against others. It's fucking pathetic.

QuasiGnome
03-24-2014, 03:36 PM
No communication, no investigation. It’s laziness. I mean, look at the GM’s signature.
You assume a lot.

Should ban all those bards in OT charging 2-3k/hour for power leveling. I got banned for same reason.
No, receiving "in-game" money for your "in-game" time is about as classic as it gets.

Red_Psyphon
03-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Spitty speaking the truth

Buffet_Shammy
03-24-2014, 03:47 PM
You assume a lot.

Should I post my conversation with the GM?

They give you transaction dates, no conversation... nothing.

You took plat for nothing
Yes, for PLing... Im a Shaman I do that
LIAR!
BAN!

Benefit of the doubt on a first offense is typical in most non dictatorships.

Derubael
03-24-2014, 03:51 PM
You accepted platinum from an account that was not only a known RMT mule, but also had the RMT'er logged into the account at the time you accepted the platinum. This is not someone who plays the game. The only thing they do is sell platinum.

In your specific situation, since you decided to call out my methods, you claim you powerleveld someone for a couple hours, and then they gave you platinum for it. Platinum you did not request, but was instead given to you out of the kindness of their heart.

In this scenario, I find it very unlikely someone purchased platinum with RL cash to give to you when they didn't need to.

We don't just ban people who get platinum for nothing. Stop misleading people.

Halius
03-24-2014, 03:53 PM

Actually, we paid real fucking money for a good amount of enjoyment. If experience and enjoyment aren't worth money, what is? Nobody is going to keep their items forever. The server will die. We just lost them earlier but we still got to have fun with them.

I have to agree with Daysprung here. Although I agree that RMT ruins the server and that it should never be done. The people that do it, until their accounts get banned, get some kind of enjoyment from having good items.

@Spitty, it's kind of like telling someone that they are stupid for buying tickets to a concert or a sporting event. You don't really get anything out of it other than enjoyment from watching some entertainment. These guys didn't get anything other than enjoyment from having good items.

That being said, RMT is dumb, especially when you know it's not allowed on this server and it ruins the economy of the server.

Buffet_Shammy
03-24-2014, 03:55 PM
You assume a lot.

No, receiving "in-game" money for your "in-game" time is about as classic as it gets.

You accepted platinum from an account that was not only a known RMT mule, but also had the RMT'er logged into the account at the time you accepted the platinum. This is not someone who plays the game. The only thing they do is sell platinum.

In your specific situation, since you decided to call out my methods, you claim you powerleveld someone for a couple hours, and then they gave you platinum for it. Platinum you did not request, but was instead given to you out of the kindness of their heart.

In this scenario, I find it very unlikely someone purchased platinum with RL cash to give to you when they didn't need to.

Correct, my point was... using me as a reference.. you might as well start lol

Xadion
03-24-2014, 03:55 PM

You made it rough D-Man I was trying to hand out a few K of plat to noobs the otherday NO ONE WOULD TAKE IT and kept peitioning me...man its like you closed goodwill bro.

or something

/sarcasim

August
03-24-2014, 03:56 PM
I'd just like to say that these threads have really fulfilled my semantic satiation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_satiation) for the word 'ruins'.

Just keep saying it, you're like, Ru-ins? Runes? Ruins of Kunark? But you ruin-ed the server?

Also the Runed Mithril Tunic.

ruin ruin ruin

rune

-august

Buffet_Shammy
03-24-2014, 03:56 PM
And an RMT needs to farm the cash somehow don't they?

They cant dup it, you guys catch that instantly based on history.

Daldaen
03-24-2014, 03:59 PM
Flip shit in EC.

You don't think that guy running fungi raffles and pulling in 10k profit from them played the game do you?

He was banned right?

Spitty
03-24-2014, 04:08 PM
@Spitty, it's kind of like telling someone that they are stupid for buying tickets to a concert or a sporting event. You don't really get anything out of it other than enjoyment from watching some entertainment. These guys didn't get anything other than enjoyment from having good items.

Well, that is pretty stupid if the number of Beibers onstage or Bears on the field exceeds zero :).

Levity aside, ok - someone bought plat to increase their personal enjoyment on P99. I accept that.

It's still a remarkably stupid decision, given the risk involved. I would draw an analogy of buying a ticket to a concert where there's a 90% chance you'll get inside the venue and the band won't be there. You still get to drive to the concert, fight for parking, get your stub scanned, buy an overpriced beer, the whole live music experience - but when it comes down to the actual entertainment, the curtain never rises and instead you're shown the door.

lecompte
03-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Firstly, some people are rule followers, some people are rule breakers. Locks are on door to keep the honest, honest -- the window is wide open.

Some random thoughts in responses to things in this thread:
1)Equating breaking the rules in the game to breaking the law in real life: When you break the law and get caught there is a (relatively) fixed consequence. You accept it, maybe try and get off on a technicality, then move on with your life. A great number of the people banned yesterday are doing just that -- They paid, they had fun, now they are remaking or moving on.

2)Moral highground of those unaffected: Depends on the stance of the person heaping scorn, I suppose.
2.a)If someone bought a fungi instead of working their ass off like so many of us did, pretty merited imo.
2.b)You RMT'd 5k for some starting gear? I know folks who have. I, as a player (not server staff), can't really hold someone in a high degree of contempt for that. I had items valuing well over 5k given to me when I first started... Would I still be playing w/o having been given those? Probably. But is there a difference? I don't know.

moneysee
03-24-2014, 04:10 PM
There's nothing hypocritical about what I'm throwing at you. I'm pointing out that you entered what could be the stupidest financial transaction in the history of economics. I wouldn't dream of doing something so hideously irresponsible, but apparently that's a-ok with you.

Whatever, live your life by the results of your shitty decisions. Not my problem.

What is my problem, however, is that you are such a disgusting human being that you're not content with just owning your stinking dump of a monetary commitment and leaving it at that. Nope - you would rather see everyone else playing this game suffer as well before your failure is complete, and you fucking justify this by stating we're all technically breaking some rule or another so why not shut the whole goddamn thing down?

Fuck you. Take your stupidity, your veiled religious references, your misuse of the word 'hypocrisy' and go fuck yourself with them.

You and all of the other bullshit people that lack the ability to own their mistakes and learn from them without having to cause some kind of justified retribution against others. It's fucking pathetic.

LOL, you are a piece of work. Your entire argument is the epitome of hypocrisy. As an aside, I feel like you are arguing against an invisible person. When did I ever say it wasn't justified that RMT's were banned? When? I didn't, the only thing I said was that the outrage from individuals like yourself is a bit extreme. People are making it seem like RMT buyers were fucking babies or committing genocide. In reality it's just a bunch of old school EQ players without the time to play like they did back in the day looking for some nostalgic fun. We have jobs, families, and other commitments. Most of us are strapped for time not cash.

You've take a comment I made in jest (hence the winky face, I think the kiddies call them emoticons) and made it seem like I'm leading a charge to end Project 1999. Again, I'm just pointing out the- wait for it... HYPOCRISY of it all. Project 1999 is a cool project with an awesome level of detail (they've really done a great job) and I can understand why they did the bans, my problem is people like yourself. You lack a solid argument so you make one up and overuse slurs and profanities to try and provoke a response. I'm sorry though man, you aren't going to get one.

Before I go, back to economics. I wasn't trying to make a profit buddy, so how are you going to call it a stupid transaction? Are you my financial advisor? Holy shit... Phil! Is that you? Do you know what I have available for discretionary spending? Don't project your financial insecurities onto others, it's sad. Maybe the fleeting time I bought was worth it. Honestly, I'd say so. My super twink was sweeeeeeeeeeet. ;)

Halius
03-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Well, that is pretty stupid if the number of Beibers onstage or Bears on the field exceeds zero :).

Levity aside, ok - someone bought plat to increase their personal enjoyment on P99. I accept that.

It's still a remarkably stupid decision, given the risk involved. I would draw an analogy of buying a ticket to a concert where there's a 90% chance you'll get inside the venue and the band won't be there. You still get to drive to the concert, fight for parking, get your stub scanned, buy an overpriced beer, the whole live music experience - but when it comes down to the actual entertainment, the curtain never rises and instead you're shown the door.

Lol'd at that first comment and I would have to agree there.

I get it though, I think it is a dumb way to spend money as well but I was just trying to say that they were just paying for enjoyment like anyone who buys tickets to some entertainment venue. But yeah, the difference is obviously the amount of risk involved, which I why I think it's a poor decision.

Spitty
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
Moneysee - I'll admit you're right, I keyed in your post in particular after stopping in and reading these threads over the course of the weekend. Your jest-y post pushed over my cauldron of "what the literal fuck" that's been simmering. You're likely a decent person and don't deserve to be the direct target of my hot ire. So, apologies.

We're still at this impasse though because I'm going to stand by my point that RMT here is a very poor and largely indefensible decision. I realize you weren't trying to turn a profit, hence my lack of using the word 'investment', but it is still a transaction where you don't have any shred of guarantee that you even get to keep the pixels you're buying. Plus, your RMT activities put you at considerable risk of losing all of the time spent on your characters and that time is admittedly very valuable to you.

I don't get it.

Yonkec
03-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Good thing 99% of your opinions aren't worth the pixels you write them on eh? Why any of you give a shit what other people do with their time and resources is beyond me.

Unless you host this server it doesn't matter what you think. The rules are/were clearly outlined and if you don't want to follow them that is kosher, just grow a pair and accept the consequences like a few of you have.

I'd honestly put intentional trains or intentional KSing as more horrific than a fungi RMT, but that's just me. BUT with that said, RMT rules may very well be the single thing keeping SOE from dropping a few lawyer bombs on this shit. Stop being so fucking puerile and just play this clarinet like the gangsters we are most certainly not.

Cecily
03-24-2014, 04:35 PM
Maybe the fleeting time I bought was worth it. Honestly, I'd say so. My super twink was sweeeeeeeeeeet. ;)

It was. Sorry you got caught, but I'm glad you had fun.

lecompte
03-24-2014, 04:39 PM
It was. Sorry you got caught, but I'm glad you had fun.

The short bit:
"I'd rather have 64 Sammy Davis Jr. years than 150 Kenneth Starr years" -- Bill Maher

The Longer Bit:
"Please stop assuming that longevity and perfect health is always the correct option. No. Sometimes fun costs ya. It just does, you know? And that's OK, you're willing to make that purchase. Sammy Davis, Jr. was 64 when he died. Give me 64 Sammy-years, I'll be happy." -- Bill Maher

The reason I'm posting this quote:
It maybe worth it to some people to have fun for 6 months and get banned than be around for 2 years and at the same place that person was in 6 months.

Not saying I agree. Just a stance.

daasgoot
03-24-2014, 04:40 PM

http://31.media.tumblr.com/9cdfe96fa6c430bc8122ffb87a950d44/tumblr_mk31vklp5O1s9n4cro1_500.gif

moneysee
03-24-2014, 04:49 PM
Moneysee - I'll admit you're right, I keyed in your post in particular after stopping in and reading these threads over the course of the weekend. Your jest-y post pushed over my cauldron of "what the literal fuck" that's been simmering. You're likely a decent person and don't deserve to be the direct target of my hot ire. So, apologies.

We're still at this impasse though because I'm going to stand by my point that RMT here is a very poor and largely indefensible decision. I realize you weren't trying to turn a profit, hence my lack of using the word 'investment', but it is still a transaction where you don't have any shred of guarantee that you even get to keep the pixels you're buying. Plus, your RMT activities put you at considerable risk of losing all of the time spent on your characters and that time is admittedly very valuable to you.

I don't get it.

Hey nice to meet you buddy! We're both human beings again, quite a good feeling. Well... I didn't realize it was going to be quite as short-lived as it was but I never really planned on sticking around too long I just wanted to level up my twink to relive the good ole days and probably scram after that. Honestly just like back in the classic days I thought the server was playing lip service to banning RMT transactions. There were multiple websites selling 1000's of K in plat with a huge inventory of items, so I thought the risk was fairly low. Anyways, it was fun while it lasted and honestly getting banned was for the best. I went to work with bloodshot eyes for 2 days straight because I couldn't stop killing crocs in Oasis. I'd love to give it a shot legit but I just can't dedicate the time.

Meiva
03-24-2014, 04:57 PM
Seems like we need an RMTers anonymous forum.

Otur
03-24-2014, 05:19 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/winter-is-coming/prepare-yourself-this-is-troll-country.jpg

That being said, I wish all the banned people a happy, healthy and productive life :)

Comapavik
03-24-2014, 05:23 PM
I've seen things...you people wouldn't believe...heh...hill giants on fire of the shoulder of Karana. I watched platinum glitter in the dark near the Commonlands tunnel. All those... moments...will be lost in time, like [cough] tears...in... rain. Time...to die...

Necran
03-24-2014, 05:31 PM
And just think... in EQLive SOE LETS you spend RL cash for things like 36-slot backpacks and shit for your house in their EQ Marketplace.....

That is all.

Swish
03-24-2014, 05:42 PM
And just think... in EQLive SOE LETS you spend RL cash for things like 36-slot backpacks and shit for your house in their EQ Marketplace.....

That is all.

RMT central, I'd never touch Live... poor server management, terrible CSR, players all on the RMT bandwagon, servers pulled down on a whim. No thanks SOE.

JPMorgan
03-24-2014, 05:44 PM
RMT central, I'd never touch Live... poor server management, terrible CSR, players all on the RMT bandwagon, servers pulled down on a whim. No thanks SOE.

Leeyuuduu
03-24-2014, 05:45 PM
BUT with that said, RMT rules may very well be the single thing keeping SOE from dropping a few lawyer bombs on this shit. Stop being so fucking puerile and just play this clarinet like the gangsters we are most certainly not.

Pretty sure this should be one of the messages on the EQ loading screen.

Champion_Standing
03-24-2014, 05:50 PM

That is all.

You can even get a free lvl 85 for the next two days, fully geared and with 15k already in the bank! Take heart banned RMTers, you have a new home!!

lecompte
03-24-2014, 06:03 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/winter-is-coming/prepare-yourself-this-is-troll-country.jpg

That being said, I wish all the banned people a happy, healthy and productive life :)

Lol, far more productive then ours! amirite?

Swifty
03-24-2014, 06:39 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_E5hsJppYXuE/TPprsYkzILI/AAAAAAAABZY/AhbV-hswgXk/s1600/scoobs.bmp

weezilla
03-24-2014, 07:50 PM
It is not crappy. It is in the EULA and has been in the rules as long as the server has been going. The time and energy it would take to accomplish what you propose is absurdly large. In fact I find your entire post here absurd. Alot of items and Plat are now gone forever and the server is better for it.

People screw up, and to lose days of work on a hobby sucks. I was nicked for something trivial I was unkowingly involved in (about 2k from my friend) and somehow I think that a couple minutes of someone's time is worth salvaging at least several thousand minutes of my time. I know someone will say it, we play for free. Well when you're essentially the arbiter of people's time like this, I think there's an obligation to make efforts not to destroy people's time investment when they were marginally involved.

Plat and items are going to compound over time on the server. Tracking known sellers over long periods of time and not providing a remedy fairly quickly may get more items/plat removed, but also fuels the market to farm/camp more for those sellers and assures them they can get their money. Albeit I'm making the assumption that they tracked sellers for a while before banning them, but given the availability of plat online, that seems to be the case.

tldr: Banning sellers more quickly, and working with individuals banned would be more appropriate.

Aviann
03-24-2014, 08:01 PM
tldr: Banning sellers more quickly, and working with individuals banned would be more appropriate.

Had they banned the RMTers quicker, they'd just be bitching about something different like how much they lost to said seller. Not only was this imo the best way and most efficient in the crusade on RMT, but it is also the most beneficial to our economy.

weezilla
03-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Had they banned the RMTers quicker, they'd just be bitching about something different like how much they lost to said seller. Not only was this imo the best way and most efficient in the crusade on RMT, but it is also the most beneficial to our economy.

Then let's carry that idea to its conclusion. RMT is allowed flourish more than it otherwise could for the benefit of removing more capital from the game.

Aviann
03-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Then let's carry that idea to its conclusion. RMT is allowed flourish more than it otherwise could for the benefit of removing more capital from the game.

Or maybe it was allowed to gain what it did so they could easier get rid of a bunch of RMTers instead of two. Who cares? They basically went against the rules of the server, they deserved it.

Toehammer
03-25-2014, 01:30 AM

This is my favorite reply in all 4 years being on these boards. Thank you :D

BigHurb
03-25-2014, 02:21 AM
OP confirmed rapist

Skass
03-25-2014, 02:45 AM
two friendly and competent clerics gone, Goodbye Day and Flemm.

Ajkuhuun
03-25-2014, 02:46 AM
OP confirmed rapist

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/Arshissblade/4247602ry9_zps3622d373.jpg

Nekkojakk
03-25-2014, 03:44 AM
Never understood why anyone needs to be involved with RMT at all, if you want a pay to win model game go play one of them, but not here. Stop being lazy, you clearly didn't want the true EQ experience.

I sold two accounts back in the day.

Its classic :D

Bazia
03-25-2014, 05:28 AM
One time I paid 3$ for mithril arms and got a toon banned, just accept you broke the rules and either quit or just start playing a new toon.

I find leveling/grouping fun so I didn't really mind I mean it's like being mad you went to jail for stealing, you know when you did it it was against the rules.

grosen333
03-25-2014, 07:24 AM
The crazy part about this sting mission that they were doing is.... You just didnt help the RMT'ers, you now lost a lot of good people on your server.......I was thinking about it this morning, now prices of pp can fluctuate, people who are new and incoming to the server will just pay a larger unit price for platinum, your not going to stop those who are willing to pay to benefit themselves.. I mean now 1.50 for one k will go up to 2.50, lol RMT'ers or future RMT'ers are pattying you guys on the back now they will even bank more money at the end of the day..... Thanks guys well put

Ferocitas
03-25-2014, 07:47 AM
The crazy part about this sting mission that they were doing is.... You just didnt help the RMT'ers, you now lost a lot of good people on your server.......I was thinking about it this morning, now prices of pp can fluctuate, people who are new and incoming to the server will just pay a larger unit price for platinum, your not going to stop those who are willing to pay to benefit themselves.. I mean now 1.50 for one k will go up to 2.50, lol RMT'ers or future RMT'ers are pattying you guys on the back now they will even bank more money at the end of the day..... Thanks guys well put

You can remove supply, demand, or both. Supply goes down and price goes up. Demand goes down and price goes down. In this case they did both and I hope they to it again and again. If the staff does perhaps the business case for return on investment will not make it worth it. Perhaps losing the time and real money for buying will no longer be worth the consequences.

I do not judge the buyers. The allure has touched me as well. I haven't due to the thought of consequence. Said consequence has been made real.

Mission accomplished...

Keep at it.

casdegere
03-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Good players don't need to RMT, they actually play the game. How is hitting up the same, high valued items a sign that someone is a good player? Once you figure out a camp and tackle it with as few possible, you've accomplished something but nothing that someone else can't accomplish. These people aren't special, they're greedy and it makes them feel good to deny someone else and get more stuff. What they're doing is monopolizing that specific content, that's it. (Epic MQing...don't get me started) Sometimes I'm sure such camps are even empty because people simply want to play the game instead of just fill their coffers. (I know it's crazy right?) If they've accomplished anything it's just getting there first, over and over and abusing the 'passing off a camp' rules by gifting a camp to their buds who may not even be in the zone...rinse, repeat. (BTW, the server does not allow this, if you are confronted with it, Petition, if you choose to wait for a camp by being there, someone who is selling in EC is not going to be in front of you as stated by Uthgard on these forums)

My main toon used to be in raiding guilds and he has a pretty decent assortment of raid gear. When I found stuff I know a friend could use or really enjoy, I gave it to them. I didn't roll on it to sell it off. So many people I know need gear and it brings me joy to give them stuff I was lucky to find. I can appreciate that acquiring plat is what some people enjoy doing but such things tend to bore me, like raiding the same stuff for to long. All the raiding *we are awesome* talk *cough* TMO *cough* is well deserved. No other guild could possibly have more people without real lives than those guys and gals. Most of these people do not need to RMT. They are willing to chain batphones around their necks, get up at the crack of dawn to down a mob they've only done, what, 200 times? Wow, real exciting guys! (not really!)

The recent sting did hurt those who deserved to be hurt, at least to some degree. Not good players, not in any real sense of this server.

Swish
03-25-2014, 08:24 AM
Met a toxic as fuck level 20ish cleric with MQ'd epic in Kurn's a couple of months back. Pulled trains onto people, pissed most of the zone off...and if anything was said in ooc to him, "welcome to ignore, Soandso".

Hope he was one of the 400 ;)

thefloydian
03-25-2014, 08:35 AM
getting your windows really tinted is against the law but soem poeple chose to do it anyway, does that make them scummy people?

Yes.

thefloydian
03-25-2014, 08:49 AM
you're a complete and utter fucking failure at life if the best thing you can do with a hundo is buy a fungi tunic on this server.

:D

thefloydian
03-25-2014, 08:53 AM

Dumbest post in a thread full of stupidity. Congrats! Sony doesn't even have the code for a classic EQ server anymore, this server isn't stepping on their toes - they even know about it. And Project 1999 is run by a small staff with limited time/resources. There is RMT in huge games like WoW that employ hundreds of people. Pretending that RMT was implicitly tolerated by the admins because there were many avenues to do it is ridiculous. But you already knew that. Good riddance.

Swifty
03-25-2014, 08:54 AM

thefloydian
03-25-2014, 09:01 AM

Sony could definitely come shut it down, but that doesn't make your post any more intelligent. The only way your argument even works a little bit is if Roegan and the staff are making money on the server. And even then it's just on them. The people playing this game aren't doing it to avoid paying for EQ Live. They're doing it because they can't play on a legit classic server because there's no such thing.

PS: Stop hitting yourself.

thefloydian
03-25-2014, 09:03 AM

Everquest: Still the #1 MMO Destination for Sociopaths 15 years after release!

You came and played on a server created by people with no expectations on you other than following the rules. You then proceeded to break the rules with no regard for the rest of the people on the server and helped create an environment that the majority of the people would be against. And now you're trying to rationalize your behavior by pretending that the real assholes are the people that are happy you're gone. Please quit trying to play the victim and just leave.

Raavak
03-25-2014, 09:28 AM
I would think P99 makes Sony money, in the form of an advertisement for Live EQ.

myriverse
03-25-2014, 10:04 AM
I thought P99's adverts for Live read: "It sucks."

lecompte
03-25-2014, 11:08 AM
I saw a sub level 35 cleric in HHK with a manastone and epic who had to ask me for directions to WC... I'm thinking... Just maybe... Good bye?

contemptor
03-25-2014, 11:54 AM
I keep reading hundreds of these stupid posts to see who got banned, only to be disappointed that there are pike 10 of 400 revealed.

Lyrith
03-25-2014, 11:59 AM
I saw a sub level 35 cleric in HHK with a manastone and epic who had to ask me for directions to WC... I'm thinking... Just maybe... Good bye?

lol... that is funny!

Ganjar
03-25-2014, 12:10 PM
sometimes id rather have a fungi tunic then another 100$ doing nothing in my wallet

there i said it

Buy Drugs Fool! and I was about to flame this thread for having 20k hits in 2 days on such a stupid thread, but here I am joining the "Moses bottom of the Hill" shitfest haha. Pump that golden idol and spread shittyness!

BigHurb
03-25-2014, 12:19 PM
so platlord was in nihilum and ran the operation from red .. but things got out of control with greed... go figure!!

Lamil
03-25-2014, 12:21 PM
so platlord was in nihilum and ran the operation from red .. but things got out of control with greed... go figure!!

We have a thread with this info?

Enxienty
03-25-2014, 12:21 PM
I keep reading hundreds of these stupid posts to see who got banned, only to be disappointed that there are pike 10 of 400 revealed.

Well, 400 accounts arent 400 people, they went on a mass banning spree, a lot of the people got banned had many accounts, or didnt RMT themselves just had affiliation with the person who RMT'd ( friends, accepted donations, etc )

Kekephee
03-25-2014, 12:25 PM
I would think P99 makes Sony money, in the form of an advertisement for Live EQ.

This is without a doubt the reason Sony lets the server keep going. About 1/3 of the people I know IRL or from back on live who play p99 have relapsed into real EQ addiction and gone and played live for a significant period of time. No doubt Sony considers this like a gateway EQ that will spark peoples' old addiction and make them curious about, "oh I wonder what it would be like to play my old character" and such.

aowen
03-25-2014, 01:32 PM
I sold $75 of platinum about 6 or so months ago. I needed cash at the time due to a number of RL difficulties, it was just another way to put a few bucks in my pocket at the time. Sorry if that creates in game problems for people, sorry if that somehow takes money out of the pockets of the devs. Out of all the bad behavior that went on and the far more lenient punishments often given for it, I dont think I did anything worse than some people that are still playing. Anyway, after 4 years, farewell P99!
-Wombraider 45 Cleric & Aowen 60 Mage

Babayaaga
03-25-2014, 01:40 PM

This justification actually has some of us very concerned. Some further elaboration is required.

You say that platinum was accepted from a known RMT mule. Known to whom, exactly? The players who do not engage in this activity would certainly never know. I for one, would not.

That said, what actions such as these have created is a blanket distrust of transactions in general... buying and selling in EC, giving away items to newbies (or accepting them), helping people with item transfers... the list goes on.

Hop into any guild channel and read to what people are saying. There is now some very real concern based on how this was handled.

I'm pretty sure I speak for a larger portion of the playerbase when I say that we are all for banning people who knowingly engage in this activity, but it is the ones who have been seemingly innocently affected that has created a new, perhaps unforeseen problem: misplaced distrust.

To us, it sounds like the situation you are replying to may have been one where someone was innocently affected. It is not unusual for a player to have a seller character in EC where most of their platinum is amassed. People help friends transfer between their mains, alts, and sell toons in EC all the time. It would seem perfectly logical to many people that when handling large, heavy volumes of plat (in the thousands), one is either going to have to visit a bank, or a storage alt.

What Derubel has outlined, however, is that because this "mule" was known, then they are guilty by association. My question is, where is the post that lists these "known" characters so we know who to avoid, and who we can once again trust?

Lamil
03-25-2014, 01:45 PM
Pretty sure Derubael is saying that player said he PL'd a toon and got paid for it from a RMT mule who probably isn't in the business of buying a PL. Doubtful anyone selling Plat is also buying Pwrlvls.

Swifty
03-25-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't see the problem. As i young doctor, i have more money in RL than i do on p99 and not much free time, go figure.

Babayaaga
03-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Pretty sure Derubael is saying that player said he PL'd a toon and got paid for it from a RMT mule who probably isn't in the business of buying a PL. Doubtful anyone selling Plat is also buying Pwrlvls.

The question remains though, how would you know if someone is a known RMT person?

That situation really isn't so far-fetched. Buyers and sellers in EC often have real characters they play too. My husband and I both have EC characters because of weight. It eventually gets too cumbersome to move around with heavy items and cash, and it's more logical to stick a low level toon somewhere and transfer items to it, and plat from it.

Those that don't have spouses playing ask for help from guildmates or friends they've made along the way.

I've had someone ask me to help them because they trusted my guildtag. I helped them without question because that was a nice thing to say, and I was flattered. Now, I'm concerned that I helped someone who was a known RMT person on this magical list that isn't published anywhere and that somehow, someday I'm going to be banned for it. Another guildmate admitted that he frequently helped strangers with transfers, and will now refuse to do so because of the distrust this situation has created.

Players need some clarification on exactly what went on with this ban. I am not saying they need to admit their tactics, but we would appreciate some clarification as to the level of absolution of proof so we can regain some deserving trust amongst one another.

Lamil
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
You don't know so I see your point but I imagine taking plat from one toon and handing it to another isn't going to get you on the ban list. It's accepting PP from a known RMT person and keeping it that seemed to get people busted.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
03-25-2014, 02:15 PM
You don't know so I see your point but I imagine taking plat from one toon and handing it to another isn't going to get you on the ban list. It's accepting PP from a known RMT person and keeping it that seemed to get people busted.

Yeah.

Pretty sure their system of checks and balances is more robust than:

Trader 1 = 0pp, 0items
Trader 2 = 30,000pp

Bant

Derubael
03-25-2014, 02:17 PM
The question remains though, how would you know if someone is a known RMT person?

That situation really isn't so far-fetched. Buyers and sellers in EC often have real characters they play too. My husband and I both have EC characters because of weight. It eventually gets too cumbersome to move around with heavy items and cash, and it's more logical to stick a low level toon somewhere and transfer items to it, and plat from it.

Those that don't have spouses playing ask for help from guildmates or friends they've made along the way.

I've had someone ask me to help them because they trusted my guildtag. I helped them without question because that was a nice thing to say, and I was flattered. Now, I'm concerned that I helped someone who was a known RMT person on this magical list that isn't published anywhere and that somehow, someday I'm going to be banned for it. Another guildmate admitted that he frequently helped strangers with transfers, and will now refuse to do so because of the distrust this situation has created.

Players need some clarification on exactly what went on with this ban. I am not saying they need to admit their tactics, but we would appreciate some clarification as to the level of absolution of proof so we can regain some deserving trust amongst one another.

It's not really something you have to worry about, for two reasons:

1) Platsellers don't level characters. They make a career out of RMT. On the off chance that one of them did indeed play, I'll be able to cross check the logins and the encounter logs to confirm that you did actually powerlevel one of their characters, and your account would be unbanned.

2) If you were merely involved in a transfer, I'll be able to spot that instantly and your account will get unbanned - this did actually happen in about 3-5 cases out of the accounts banned, and those peoples characters were unbanned within 10 minutes of petitioning.

It's not really all that difficult to tell that the person he was powerleveling was not the person who gave him platinum. Besides IP's correlating to physical locations (that are easily verified by visiting a variety of geolocation IP sites), we have additional tools to track logins and determine who someone is.

To add to this and further ease people's worries, platsellers also don't just give out platinum.

If your whistle is clean, you'll be fine :)

odiecat99
03-25-2014, 04:30 PM
No remorse for cheaters

says the guy in a guild full of cheaters and rmt

odiecat99
03-25-2014, 04:32 PM

All my shit is legit Bongs

odiecat99
03-25-2014, 04:36 PM

says the guy wit 10 level 60s with epics.. what a fuckin tool.

Clark
03-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Odiecat99 confirmed idiot triple posting.

Fuddwin
03-25-2014, 04:52 PM
Poor Odiecat99 (Variety)

odiecat99
03-25-2014, 05:15 PM
I was reading through the fucking retarded posts you people are writing.

notserp don't start your shit hoe.

Clark confirmed douchebag who talked shit about TMO constantly for months and then joins TMO.

gg

Derubael
03-25-2014, 05:16 PM
This is supposed to be a place of honesty, remorse, and redemption.

Let's all calm down and not turn it into a RnF shitfest.

odiecat99
03-25-2014, 05:19 PM
Sure Deru, just sick of the posers.

im done now. peace.

Champion_Standing
03-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Sure Deru, just sick of the posers.

im done now. peace.

I remember high school too.

odiecat99
03-25-2014, 05:21 PM
I remember high school too.