PDA

View Full Version : Azrael loot policy and cleric recruitment

lite
03-14-2014, 08:06 PM
Azrael is pleased to announce we are moving to a customized DKP system which will track and award activity and contribution.

Our system is designed to avoid the economic downfalls of most DKP systems, while supporting quick, decisive and accurate loot distribution in a way that fairly rewards each member for their time and work in both PvE and PvP.

Each member's activity is weighed against everyone else, to determine a "share" of participation. Each member's loot they've received is also weighed against everyone else, to determine a "share" of loot that the guild received. A third metric is also weighed: participation since your last loot. These three factors determine each member's Loot Priority: their standing in comparison with the other members in terms of participation and reward.

While many DKP systems reward "playing the system", ours is designed to reward contribution and progressing the Guild's goals. It incorporates new members in a way that they aren't forever "bottom of the barrel". You can join Azrael and through activity and participation, compete on high-end loot in a reasonable amount of time.

The final point is that our system is mechanized to allow the guild some flexibility in loot distribution, without undermining the system, while also maintaining transparency and fairness. Let's be fair: this is EverQuest, and no guild progresses without the vision to assign mana-items to clerics, and HP/AC to the main tank.

Azrael's goal is to promote a team-first environment.
We're here to fight, progress and have fun. We're here to stay.

This chart has some level of representation of how the system would yield out the most deserving person at a certain given point in time.

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag95/MCEpic99/Examp1_zps7c68d7f8.png

With Velious around the corner, we would also like to announce our special offer to players that are interested in playing clerics. Since we are the most PVP oriented guild in Red 99, it is only expected that we are going to have to provide people with a little additional incentive to play clerics. This is why we are proud to announce our new policy going forward to promote the development of the Cleric class.

If you are prepared to play a cleric on Azrael's behalf, level it up, and participate on it during times of need. The guild will provide you with special assistance in gearing the character, at no penalty towards gearing an alternative main you select. What exactly does it mean ?

If you create a cleric for Azrael, and are prepared to participate on it. Once this character has reached 60, you may then start advancing a secondary main, whom can acquire gear at the same rates as other mains, despite the guild's special contributions towards your cleric.

This is our way of ensuring that the people who are willing to take on some of the sometimes less desirable roles, are properly rewarded for their exceptional contributions.

heartbrand
03-14-2014, 08:27 PM
So essentially this is nihilums system? Nihilum tracks dkp, then at least in theory awards loot via officer council based on your dkp / last loot received / utility of the item to said player. If so, this is just officer loot disguised as a dkp system, where dkp is merely a metric for attendance and participation that serves as a guideline for loot decisions, but is not binding. I apologize if this is an inaccurate assessment, but it wasn't the clearest post

krazyGlue
03-14-2014, 09:23 PM
Why do you care so much about our loot system . You should be worried about your own members and keeping them happy . Not what our guild is doing unless your intrested in apping HB and in that case your denied . Move along

Awwalike
03-14-2014, 09:55 PM
long live the rebels

heartbrand
03-14-2014, 11:56 PM
Honestly trying to be helpful. If I can't understand your loot rules despite having several years of post graduate education in a field that involves intensive reading comprehension, then I'm fairly confident most other people probably don't fully grasp it either.

It interests me because I'm always looking to tweak my system, know what the competition is doing, and how to respond to people who may tell me "azrael is doing x." From my reading of this, which I have read several times now, it seems to me this is just an officer council system. Neither of the two posts above me seem to contradict that.

There's nothing wrong with loot council, it's used by cutting edge raid guilds in WoW and other MMO's, I'm just trying to see if that is in fact accurate or not.

Colgate
03-15-2014, 12:36 AM
loot council best in theory

everyone cries though so hard dkp system only way to appease the warm bodies

lite
03-15-2014, 12:52 AM
This is essentially a system where if you want something, you present your interest. Your raid attendance, the last time you acquired loot, and other important factors are plugged into a formula that represents who should have priority. The leadership gets involved only out of absolute necessity in the event an item needs to go somewhere for the advancement of the guild. Aka Tanks and Clerics in velious.

This chart has some level of representation of how the system would yield out the most deserving person at a certain given point in time.

MC Epic
03-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Not replying to hb, and not going to over-explain it on the forums.

Happy to offer further explanation to prospective applicants who have a genuine interest.

Cheers,
Mesochrist

Fame
03-15-2014, 01:17 AM
Not replying to hb, and not going to over-explain it on the forums.

Happy to offer further explanation to prospective applicants who have a genuine interest.

Cheers,
Mesochrist

Make this guy AZ pr and muzzle the rest, win server in 6-12 months

vouss
03-15-2014, 03:20 AM
Agree with colgate, cool system tho pals.

iiNGloriouS
03-15-2014, 05:02 AM
MC put his blood into this. I belieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

Awwalike
03-15-2014, 07:22 AM
pras mesocristo for ten million days

Goobles
03-15-2014, 12:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKe8qX4SXsk

Don't be a bitch. Azraelpvp.org

Andis
03-17-2014, 10:32 AM
pras the strong
kill the weak
long live yt

azraelpvp.org

Juhstin
03-17-2014, 11:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKe8qX4SXsk

Don't be a bitch. Azraelpvp.org

You have my attention.

Andis
03-17-2014, 12:58 PM
Andis approves of this message

Pikrib
03-17-2014, 01:28 PM
I have a few questions If lite or a officer could explain what would actually happen that would be great.

1. Why is there no attendance for anything past 90 days?

2. What if the item was only a tiny upgrade for player E and C, and a HUDGE upgrade for player H?

3. What if The item dropped was A CoF a All/All item and player E and C were a druid and necro?

I completely agree with Colgate that loot council has the potential to be the best system for guild progression. The problem is that Loot council can eat a guild away from the inside. The loot council can make horrible decisions that basically force people into another guild.

The reason I prefer bid DKP is that the player gets to decide what is most important for their character. Hard work and helping guildies goes rewarded by in the ammount of DKP they earns. It removes any bitching and moaning that can transpire when somone else gets the loot somone feels they "deserve".

Kergan
03-17-2014, 01:45 PM
Our loot system works because we have so much fucking loot apps get VP gear on their first run. It's an embarrassment of riches.

Joking aside, looks like you put in a lot of work making this and it looks pretty cool. But it seems overcomplicated to me, absolute transparency is only needed when you don't have faith in leadership imo.

Andis
03-17-2014, 01:48 PM
loot counsel has potential with being the best way to distribute loot. It can be done gloriously, with the right people involved. And believe me when I say, we have those people.

although this system was devised to get the best of both worlds.

not only do we weigh your contribution both pvp and pve, we look at attendance for raids, and your last item received.

the key here is that the vets, the people who know who needs what, and what item is best for each class, and understand that fainess is a critical part, have the final say.

its been working really well for us and I see big things in the future.

pikrib regarding your questions: The 90 days im not sure about. That would be a question for the designer of the system, Mesochrist. Question 2 I believe we would take that into consideration. But again, item is distributed based on those 3 main points, would probably end up at the counsel in the final determination. And as for question 3. CoF is a primary melee item and a legendary one. If every main in the guild had one, the decision would be made at that point.

cheers

MC Epic
03-20-2014, 04:18 PM
Hi Pikrib,

You were guilded in Wudan with me, right? Good times :)

This system does support hoarding for specific desired equipment.

Meso

Sheriff
03-20-2014, 04:28 PM
This is essentially a system where if you want something, you present your interest. Your raid attendance, the last time you acquired loot, and other important factors are plugged into a formula that represents who should have priority. The leadership gets involved only out of absolute necessity in the event an item needs to go somewhere for the advancement of the guild. Aka Tanks and Clerics in velious.

Does this take into consideration the casual players of your guild who workb You know work the thing that people go to during the day, when ragefires, Naggy and Vox happen? The fact that you have an assload of unemployed neckbeards shouldn't make you ineligible to compete for loot that drops at normal people time, like 730 at night.

Supreme
03-20-2014, 05:19 PM
DKP systems only work if you actually get items to distribute.

iiNGloriouS
03-20-2014, 05:47 PM
Guess you weren't there last night when your guild got absolutely stomped at Sebilis for Trak

Sektor
03-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Guess you weren't there last night when your guild got absolutely stomped at Sebilis for Trak

Colgate
03-20-2014, 05:49 PM
HOW DO PEOPLE STILL FALL FOR THE SHIT SUPREME SAYS????

H
O
W

MC Epic
03-20-2014, 05:58 PM
Does this take into consideration the casual players of your guild who workb You know work the thing that people go to during the day, when ragefires, Naggy and Vox happen? The fact that you have an assload of unemployed neckbeards shouldn't make you ineligible to compete for loot that drops at normal people time, like 730 at night.

Hi Sheriff,

This system is designed by a casual player who works average 60 hours/wk; it does not penalize a casual player. However, it is expected that over time, neckbeards should receive more loot than a casual player, based upon a superior day-to-day contribution to the guild's goals. This is EverQuest.

If you have further questions pm me.

Best,
Meso

MC Epic
03-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Do u give dkp to characters not played by the owners? So if player A was also playing player B and player C do all 3 players (A B and C) get dkp? Or does player A get 3x the DKP?

If I'm playing someone else's toon instead of my own for a raid, I still get credit.

Cheers,
Meso

Rellapse36
03-20-2014, 06:47 PM
DKP systems only work if you actually get items to distribute.

not sure if srs or retarded or just has not logged on in the last 6 months to be a factor to know anything

LadyRedBush
03-21-2014, 01:52 AM
I may be interested in the premier pvp guild on p99.

Smedy
03-21-2014, 02:46 AM
pras meso and el presidente puttin in the works

Silent
03-21-2014, 02:52 AM
not sure if srs or retarded or just has not logged on in the last 6 months to be a factor to know anything

Big talk, From a wee lil thing. Be gone pest, This is Azrael's thread for people to understand their loot system(essentially dkp/raid attendance taken into consideration for loot)

krazyGlue
03-21-2014, 05:42 AM
Big talk, From a wee lil thing. Be gone pest, This is Azrael's thread for people to understand their loot system(essentially dkp/raid attendance taken into consideration for loot)

Lol jupe calling someone a pest ..

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Loot council makes sense because it gives the best loot to the best players. It is tunnel vision leadership that don't understand the big picture unfortunately. In games like WoW where applicants are readily available it can work but if your guild relies on attendance from casuals at all it won't work. There is no reason for someone that is a casual to log in once in a while to help someone else get gear that plays every day. DKP allows casuals to log in as they please and eventually build towards something.

In short if your guild can survive without casuals a trustworthy loot council is optimal. If you rely on casuals in any way for guild progression you need a simple DKP system.

Juhstin
03-21-2014, 11:58 AM
Everyone just merge into the same guild, share lewtz. No one cries and server dies. Problem solved.

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Everyone just merge into the same guild, share lewtz. No one cries and server dies. Problem solved.

Project 1999 Red, "Been there, done that."

HippoNipple
03-21-2014, 02:10 PM
What are your plans for velious?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYNOvtqrL8E

vouss
03-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Plans for veliois = grief. Was looking forward to binding myself under king tormax's feet and bind rushing the 120 man zerg that was Nihilum Dawn but we will just wing it now to maximize grief

lite
03-21-2014, 09:10 PM
What are your plans for velious? This will heavily sway my decision.

not welcome, thx

Feniggles
03-21-2014, 09:18 PM
Plans for veliois = grief. Was looking forward to binding myself under king tormax's feet and bind rushing the 120 man zerg that was Nihilum Dawn but we will just wing it now to maximize grief

thank you for your posative influence

lite
03-22-2014, 01:39 AM
To those seriously inquiring about our plans as far as Velious goes, we are happy to say that while we are a very PVP heavy guild, we will be embracing the ice continent's many PVE challenges. We are eager to test our might and put in the work necessary to take on some PVE content that isn't simply 32k HP dragons. It is in Azrael's nature to pursue only the toughest of challenges. The path we've taken as far as playing this server is proof of that, taking on the toughest guild is the only reason we would log in. The easy road is never an option for a true Azrael.

Big things to come, specially now that we have a very promising roster with all our veterans back in action. Not only that, but we are investing very heavily in server growth by assisting the folk of Uprising, lending them a hand as they start to embrace Red. Azrael's tenacity is unquestionable. Now we are working on finalizing the correct roster so that we may take on any possible challenge the ice continent can throw at us.

Deathwed
03-22-2014, 02:09 PM
why do we need loot anyways ? am sitting on 400k and 4 fungi to buy loot from nilly :)

mostbitter
03-22-2014, 03:00 PM
with all our veterans back in action.

nah

Rellapse36
03-22-2014, 03:26 PM
now that we have a very promising roster with all our veterans back in action. That are not pussies and sold out to Nihilum.
ftfy

Awwalike
03-25-2014, 07:04 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/2s7ascl.jpg

http://i61.tinypic.com/vzh65j.jpg

Bardalicious
03-25-2014, 08:41 PM
don't be stupid
don't be stupid
don't be stupid

freez
03-26-2014, 02:34 AM
pras 2 traks in a row

stolen from the greedy bluebie zergling guild nihilum

nihilums ally red dawn has crumbled from the pressure of less hand holding

no scumbags allowed

freez
03-27-2014, 12:27 PM
bump for the guilds crumbling around us

HippoNipple
03-27-2014, 01:43 PM
How many minutes /played as a 60 cleric to get an epic?

freez
03-27-2014, 02:03 PM
pretty sure i pled a cerain cle from about 20-55 in a day

then lite whipped up the epic in another half day

pras

HippoNipple
03-27-2014, 02:05 PM
What guild kills CT currently?

Andis
03-31-2014, 04:27 PM
latest update on respawns Saturday

Nihilum raid targets acquired = 0

Azrael raid targets acquired = ALL

Pvp Winner throughout the entire day = Azrael

Many YTs and pixels were had.

Pras the resistance

HippoNipple
03-31-2014, 04:48 PM
So if I want to get all the best loots I join Azrael.....

and if I want to be in the best pvp guild I join ... Azrael...

I will have to think this over long and hard before I commit.

Andis
03-31-2014, 04:51 PM
So if I want to get all the best loots I join Azrael.....

and if I want to be in the best pvp guild I join ... Azrael...

I will have to think this over long and hard before I commit.

you shoulda known from the start.

Smedy
04-01-2014, 01:45 AM
free bump for a great group of people

BrobbVZ
04-01-2014, 01:56 AM
Pras Azrael, great guild, great people, great pvpers, great camaraderie. Not like nilly, it isn't a business, we play to have fun while pvping. We learn how to pvp better each time, if you want to push yourself to the limits of becoming better, join Azrael.

Jenni D
04-01-2014, 03:16 AM
got to hand it to nizz.

wonder how much $$$ he made over the last couple of years

quido
04-01-2014, 03:18 AM
what does nizzar do with his blood money I wonder...

Smedy
04-01-2014, 04:29 AM
got to hand it to nizz.

wonder how much $$$ he made over the last couple of years

yep, man ran a tight ship, but it makes him less of a neckbeard knowing that what kept him going so hard for pixels he didn't need was the fact that he had to pay rent...

not sure why staff would let him run red99 into the ground tho, he was banned on blue for the exact same thing, that shit should have been taken care of way earlier

pras staff for finally coming around with the sledgehammer we were all waiting for

HippoNipple
04-01-2014, 09:51 AM
yep, man ran a tight ship, but it makes him less of a neckbeard knowing that what kept him going so hard for pixels he didn't need was the fact that he had to pay rent...

not sure why staff would let him run red99 into the ground tho, he was banned on blue for the exact same thing, that shit should have been taken care of way earlier

pras staff for finally coming around with the sledgehammer we were all waiting for

Pretty sad one guy dictated the entire game for everyone on the server for 3 years. The guy leaves and 3 guilds turn into 1. Is Nihilum even going to try to raid this next time around?

Nirgon
04-01-2014, 10:21 AM
what does nizzar do with his blood money I wonder...

Not tooth paste

heartbrand
04-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Not tooth paste

Comments like that won't get you his btag

freez
04-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Comments like that won't get you his btag

yeah were all just dying to play d3 with that fruitloop

SamwiseRed
04-12-2014, 12:20 PM
pl my cleric to 50 from 35 and you have my heals.

Wanyo
04-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Samwise message me and I'll pl you

SamwiseRed
04-12-2014, 01:03 PM
PM sent, forward to lite. my body is ready.

Agatha
04-12-2014, 02:00 PM
the high lords of p99 have spoken

SamwiseRed
04-12-2014, 02:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/AEd30j8.jpg

Lucah blight
04-16-2014, 06:28 AM
Messaged about being a new cleric to the server, seemed disinterested, shame :/

heals4reals
04-16-2014, 10:41 AM
I am a professional cleric

Have your people talk to my people so we can discuss policy further

SamwiseRed
04-16-2014, 04:41 PM
I am a professional cleric

Have your people talk to my people so we can discuss policy further

sup wit it. 35 cleric of RODCET NIFE LF coaching

Youlath
04-17-2014, 01:30 AM
Messaged about being a new cleric to the server, seemed disinterested, shame :/

This was likely my doing. Lite's one of the biggest whores on Red and is constantly being used for all sorts of stuff. I'd look to send a message to Deluxee, he's generally the recruitment guy.

iiNGloriouS
04-17-2014, 02:37 AM
This was likely my doing. Lite's one of the biggest whores on Red and is constantly being used for all sorts of stuff. I'd look to send a message to Deluxee, he's generally the recruitment guy.

Get off my bard you fayget.

Sektor
04-17-2014, 09:50 AM
Get off my bard you fayget.

faggit

SamwiseRed
04-19-2014, 03:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/T8TY9Zj.jpg

pras

Bazia
04-19-2014, 10:30 AM
40 days left pals, then I shall return to that from which I came

PS miss greg

Gaffin 7.0
04-20-2014, 11:56 AM
cleric LF guild now that chewie seems to be gone and foh kinda dead. i know how to play my class well. hit me up

heals4reals
04-20-2014, 11:59 AM
40 days left pals, then I shall return to that from which I came

PS miss greg

greg is a nice guy

glad i recruited him from loz for all of u to enjoy