PDA

View Full Version : Corpse Drag

Daldaen
03-06-2014, 01:20 AM
Velious corpse drag mechanics are pretty important. But due to the large time requirement to actually befriend dragons or giants without any raid faction hits, personally I can't test this. Is there any way devs can create a max-faction level 1 mob that maxes out your dragon and Coldain, and bottoms out your giant faction. Same for giants.
To more easily facilitate the testing of quests and mechanics like faction dragging.

But how faction dragging should work is:

If you drag a corpse by any dragon / giant (and maybe Coldain?) you will get aggro. Aggro is completely irrelevant to your faction standing OR the player you are dragging. Even if you and the corpse are Max Ally with the race you are dragging past, you will get aggro.

Most specifically I experienced this in ToV. But I'm pretty sure it should function in every Velious zone with the major 3 factions.

Is this in place yet / does it differ from how I've described it?

blondeattk
03-06-2014, 03:17 AM
I know the kael giants stopped agro on you if you dropped the body/stopped dragging.

(assumin dragger is non kos) No clue about dragons.

Buriedpast
03-06-2014, 06:17 AM
I know the kael giants stopped agro on you if you dropped the body/stopped dragging.

(assumin dragger is non kos) No clue about dragons.

No, you don't know this, as that's how it didn't happen.

Daldaen
03-06-2014, 07:13 AM
Yea you held aggro until you zones or died.

The thing that chaffed my balls the. Most was that dragging when both you and the corpse were ally to the mob would still get you aggro. But classic is classic

blondeattk
03-06-2014, 07:17 AM
No, you don't know this, as that's how it didn't happen.

nah if you had a NON kos char, you could lose agro by stopping draggin. I would do drags for guild when they wiped in the arena....

your probably confused by the giants in arena or tormax are beingon differnt faction.

Buriedpast
03-06-2014, 11:08 AM
I'm not confused.

Haynar
03-06-2014, 11:32 AM
As playing a FD class, I did a lot of dragging.

Play with it in thurg, if you wanna see what dragging corpses does.

H

Haynar
03-06-2014, 11:34 AM
nah if you had a NON kos char, you could lose agro by stopping draggin. I would do drags for guild when they wiped in the arena....

your probably confused by the giants in arena or tormax are beingon differnt faction.

You are confused.

There is no "stopping dragging"

There was no /corpsedrag in velious. There was only /corpse.

H

Daldaen
03-06-2014, 11:35 AM
You stop dragging the instant you hit the /corpse button. Unless you're suggesting there is some cool down IE they deaggro in 3 seconds without you hitting /corpse.

But that is wrong. As stated above, corpse dragging made you KoS until you left the zone.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73048&page=4

Covers it pretty well and it sounds like Nilbog got it right. But as I mentioned above, getting allied or non-KoS just to test the mechanic is a huge time investment. Can you create max-faction mobs that you can kill in NRo or Iceclad? To streamline testing on things that require max faction or any faction.

Mac Dretti
03-06-2014, 11:37 AM
lots of "i remembers" in here

need the car facts

Haynar
03-06-2014, 12:07 PM
We have already gone down memory lane on this issue. We just didn't include everyone. Faction hit behavior and corpse drag aggro are in.

Enjoy.

H

Aeolwind
03-06-2014, 12:39 PM
We have already gone down memory lane on this issue. We just didn't include everyone. Faction hit behavior and corpse drag aggro are in.

Enjoy.

H

And so spoketh Haynar; and it was good.

Daldaen
03-06-2014, 12:48 PM

I lol'd.

But sounds great. This being in is very important given the number of toons people have. Without a doubt people will have max Ally toon for each faction. Dragging being trivialized by that would be lame.

Mac Dretti
03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
HAYDEEZIE

gwideon
03-06-2014, 04:46 PM
Has someone tested dragging your own corpse? I didn't think that agroed - but I could be wrong.

blondeattk
03-06-2014, 08:01 PM
You are confused.

There is no "stopping dragging"

There was no /corpsedrag in velious. There was only /corpse.

H

I meant when you stop clicking the corpse button. corpse drag command was TSS expansion or something.

Testing environment
zone: kael
pc: rallos zek ogre (dubious con)

Dragging my own corpse = no aggro

Dragging a corpse of someone who is kos in range of npc = aggro

Dragging a corpse of someone who is kos in range of npc while invised = no aggro

Dragging a corpse of someone who isn't kos (another dubious ogre) in range of npc = aggro

Initiating a corpse drag out of range of npc, leaving the corpse, then approaching the npcs = no aggro

As i correctly stated. A ogre of dubious or better faction will lose agro once the corpse is no longer being moved; IF out of range of npc
HOwever, what I dont recall is if you get hit by a giant, while moving a corpse, then you cant lose agro.??

You can stop the corpse drag out of range of npc, (if you can run faster than the npc) and drop the agro. HOwever this is actually hard to do.

The arch way at n250/750 is the place where you could do this, if you ran through at sow speed, by the time the giants saw you and agroed you were far enough ahead of them to drop corpse.,,,and keep running tillout of range. then you wait for them to return to their stations and go back and edge it forward again. was time consuming but fun.....(better just to be invis ) As stated above!

wish i could get vid footage of this on my live account, rallos zek ogre, but cant log it in atmo.

Rogean
03-06-2014, 08:04 PM
You need to look up the definition of "Aggro".

Alecta
03-06-2014, 08:52 PM

Spake*

BigHurb
03-06-2014, 08:58 PM
thus*

Haynar
03-06-2014, 09:07 PM
You guys are funny.

Kender
03-06-2014, 09:28 PM
if you stop dragging before you get in range there is no agro to drop

if you get agro you have to zone/die or reset with memblur or fd

Nuggie
03-06-2014, 09:35 PM
if you stop dragging before you get in range there is no agro to drop

if you get agro you have to zone/die or reset with memblur or fd

This is also the path memory lane takes me down. I recall nothing about aggro dropping when you stopped /corpsedrag either. Not that it matters, because we won't get that function.