PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt scar key should look like a bag and not like a claw.

T7g
03-06-2014, 01:16 AM
Initially all portal spawns looked like tiny bags on the ground. I just picked up my cobalt scar key and it looked like some sort of monk weapon- this is wrong, it should look like a small bag on the ground.

EDIT; Not Cobalt Scar Key, Cobalt Scar tooth should look like a tiny bag on the ground.

nilbog
03-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Initially all portal spawns looked like tiny bags on the ground. I just picked up my cobalt scar key and it looked like some sort of monk weapon- this is wrong, it should look like a small bag on the ground.

EDIT; Not Cobalt Scar Key, Cobalt Scar tooth should look like a tiny bag on the ground.

Can you prove this? Seemingly every other object uses its IT graphic when on the ground. I made a thread around a year ago asking this same question, but no one could find a screenshot.

doraf
03-07-2014, 01:21 AM
I remember the CS key looking like a bag on the ground, but so did the PoM castle in ToV for me. I also couldn't see the waterfall in front of Thurg. Other people saw graphics. My shit was just messed up. T7g, I'm pretty sure you were bugged too back then.

T7g
03-08-2014, 06:35 PM
I remember the CS key looking like a bag on the ground, but so did the PoM castle in ToV for me. I also couldn't see the waterfall in front of Thurg. Other people saw graphics. My shit was just messed up. T7g, I'm pretty sure you were bugged too back then.

I could see the waterfall and the PoM castle.

The way I remember it is. Very few items had a model when dropped on the ground back then. Most everything was a bag on the ground up until some point. Except certain weapon models, etc. I think it had something to do with them loading all the resources for the zone upon zoning and having a bunch of models for a bunch of random item sprites in the global loading would have been a waste of resources back then in 2000.

Either way, it's not really that important that it looks like a bag, was just mentioning it.