PDA

View Full Version : Othmir Prexus Totem: Quest Giver Ate Turn In

Erati
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Saucy_Salted_Seadragon_Steak

Faction was apprehensive ( base faction), he responded to quest dialogue and stated

"I'm sorry strange one. That is not sufficient barter" 3 times which either means that it is a MQ able quest so these were the items he was looking for.

However bc my faction is apprehensive I did not get rewarded?

Anyone know the min faction for this quest?

Will try at indifferent later tonight via hide turn in

nilbog
03-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Faction shouldn't be the issue. Which items did you turn in?

Rogean
03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
Nilbog: https://www.project1999.com/p99/?Acc=6732&Srv=2&Char=1022056&Quest=139

Trade Details
Trade 139
ID: 139
NPCID: 117050
NPC Name: Bloogy_Shellcracker
Player ID: 1022056
Player Name: Eratani
Server: Beta
Zone: cobaltscar
Script: Yes
Date: 2014-03-03 19:26:12
Gave
[22813] Sea Dragon Meat (1)
[16498] Fish Eggs (1)
[19113] Saltwater Seaweed (1)
Received

Letharos
03-03-2014, 09:43 PM
I remember this needing 2x seaweed and for some time ppl thought u needed 2 eggs also but I believe that was just 1. I think this can be found archived on Druids grove will post link when I get to PC I have issues linking from my phone.

Ok found archive from 2001 it's 2 seaweed and 2 fisheggs s mentioned but not confirmed in that post. Still plan on linking it later but I see Rogean found similar info

Rogean
03-03-2014, 09:44 PM
From what I can tell the quest calls for 2 fish eggs, so your hand in would have bene incorrect. However our script is also looking for 2 seaweeds as well. I'll leave it up to nilbog to look at.

Erati
03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Update:

I turned in a 4th item, a second fish egg as R has mentioned and it did not reward me

so I guess we need someone to confirm what this pesky Othmir is looking for

Letharos
03-03-2014, 10:50 PM
From what I can tell the quest calls for 2 fish eggs, so your hand in would have bene incorrect . However our script is also looking for 2 seaweeds as well. I'll leave it up to nilbog to look at.

You missed this part, Erati.

Also, as promised: http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3927.html

Erati
03-04-2014, 12:28 AM
NPCs accept stacked items now?

I didnt think it allowed you to even put multiple items in a trade window with an npc

Handull
03-04-2014, 12:33 AM
I just got the totem on the beta. You need 1 meat, 2 eggs, and 2 seaweed. You cannot stack the eggs, I tried. Basically you are forced to MQ it by turning in the 5 items over two hand ins. Specifically I handed in Egg, Egg, Seaweed, Meat, then handed in a 2nd Seaweed by itself.

Ele
03-04-2014, 11:38 AM
I remember doing this back in Velious and the information even then was spotty about whether it was 2 fish eggs or 1 fish eggs. It certainly didn't help that the item is the plural version of egg, which probably caused most of the confusion about whether or not it required 1 or 2 fish eggs[/s].

I unfortunately can't remember off the top of my head what I had to turn in for my totem.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2924&highlight=othmir+prexus+totem

Turn in the following to the Othmir, Bloggy Shellcracker, in Cobalt Scar.

[B]Fish Eggs
Sea Dragon Meat
Saltwater Seaweed x 2

Thunder Salmon (fished in the Karanas) plus a skinning knife (the one that player-smiths make for tailors), combined in a tacklebox = two fish eggs, two fish scales, returning skinning knife. Not trivial at 92, trivial at 180.

Sea Dragon Meat is dropped by Kelorek`Dar and Faydedar.

Saltwater Seaweed is fished in Ocean of Tears. No drop, can be acquired with skill less than 100.

Got this info from someone in our guild, not positive of the accuracy.

https://web.archive.org/web/20020305123450/http://eqdb.allakhazam.com/quest.html?quest=960

You DEFINITELY need two fish eggs and two seaweeds, though why the quest text doesn't reflect this I just don't know.

Just a note regarding faction; You can indeed turn in the items to Bloogy and get the totem back if your faction is "apprehensive." I know; I tried.

This quest requires two (2) fish eggs (can be stacked), two (2) saltwater seaweeds, and one (1) sea dragon meat. Possibly water dragon meat as well, but unconfirmed at this time.

I have PERSONALLY completed this quest 3 times in the last 2 hours, I am 100% sure of the ingredients and amounts (I had 3 meat stashed in the bank from various Kelorak'Dar killings, and passed out the totems to guildies).

Saltwater seaweed is a nodrop item fished in Ocean of Tears.

Fish eggs is made by combining a player-made skinning knife with Thunder Salmon in a tackle box. Each salmon produces a stack of 2 eggs. Thunder Salmon are fished in the Karanas. I fished it in West Karana specifically.

Actually, this seems to be incorrect, by what I did last night.

I handed Bloogy Shellcracker one item at a time. I handed him one fish eggs and he responded with, "Sorry, strange one, that is not enough to barter with". I handed him a second fish eggs and he responded with, "I'm...erm, not quite sure what to do with this, but....thanks, I guess." Meaning, he only needed 1 fish egg. I then handed him a Saltwater Seaweed, and he responded with the message of not being enough to barter with. I handed him a second Seaweed, and he gave the "I don't know what to do with this" message. Meaning he only needed 1 Seaweed. I then handed in my Saltwater Dragonmeat and obtained a Totem.

nilbog
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM
NPCs accept stacked items now?

I didnt think it allowed you to even put multiple items in a trade window with an npc

It should work, but doesn't. It's a feature* that would need to be created.

In general, this quest needs to be figured out. Whether it needs 3, 4, or 5 items.

Erati
03-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Ploktor got it to work with 5 ( 1 meat, 2 eggs, 2 seaweeds)

so if the stacking thing gets fixed it seems this would b correct as you get 2 stacked fish eggs after using a skinning knife on thunder salmon

and the evidence seems to b showing 2 seaweed turn ins with the only uncertain thing being the eggs

Handull
03-04-2014, 06:45 PM
If being able to turn in stacked items is an issue, and if there aren't many quests affected by it, I'd suggest just making the turn in 1meat, 2seaweed, and 1 fish eggs. Fish eggs come in pairs anyway and are stackable, so from that standpoint it doesn't make a difference to people doing the quest if its 1 or 2 fish eggs. seaweed on the other hand don't stack, are no drop, and come one at a time, so 2 is somewhat different than 1.

2eggs vs 1egg isn't going to break the quest or ruin immersion, and would save some dev work on the stacked mechanic

its a shame the records of it are so ambiguous

nilbog
10-27-2014, 07:28 PM
Pending update,

Quest will require only 1 fish eggs. If further evidence is found, update this thread or create a new one.

Byrjun
11-07-2014, 09:55 AM
What I remember is you could stack items in the trade up until the number the NPC asks for. In other words, if a dude asks for 4 bone chips you can place 4 stacks of 4 bonechips and complete the quest 4 times, but if one of those stacks has 8 bonechips you still only complete the quest 4 times.

Later on this functionality was broken and you couldn't turn in more than 1 item at a time, which explains why eqemu is coded that way I guess.

The discussion for this quest is really odd. It appears some people got the totem from handing in 2 fish eggs 1 seaweed while others got it from 2 seaweed 1 fish eggs. It makes me think that either both ways were possible, or the quest really did require 5 items and everyone was just MQ piggybacking off previous failures.

It also seems like Water Dragon Meat could be substituted for the Sea Dragon Meat, but it's not like that item gets a lot of discussion so who knows when it should be in the game. If the quest was programmed to accept either types of meat, one would assume that it'd be available at least by Velious since why would they go back and alter this guy's quest otherwise? The Water Dragon Meat apparently drops off Lord Koi`Doken in addition to Faydedar and Kelorek`Dar who also drop the Sea Dragon Meat.

Daldaen
11-07-2014, 10:22 AM
What I'm curious about, is there any evidence Sea Dragon Meat even existed before Velious?

I couldn't find any reference to people getting them off Faydedar pre-Velious.

This seems to be supported based off its item ID:

22815 - Section of Lodizal's Shell
22814 - Sea Dragon Scales
22813 - Sea Dragon Meat
22812 - Water Dragon Meat
22811 - Drake Meat
22810 - Walrus Meat
22809 - Wurm Meat
22808 - Wyvern Meat
22807 - Dragon Meat
22806 - Otterman Meat

So it's smack dab in the middle of a bunch of other Velious items in the ID system.

Faydedar specific drops:

11588 - Shield of the Water Dragon
11583 - Water Dragon Scales

In summary, Sea Dragon Meat + Wurm Meat should not drop until Velious. All existing meats should be purged from game. There shouldn't be 200 Totems on day 1 of Velious cause people have stacks of the meats I'm afraid.

Fountree
11-07-2014, 01:49 PM
I just want to mention that Faydedar didn't drop the Sea Dragon Meat until fairly recently. I know for certain Fay did not drop the meat on Kunark release and for a long time after... so it was added to the loot table purposely, if I had to guess it was in early-mid 2013.

Byrjun
11-09-2014, 08:16 PM
Item IDs are pretty meaningless.

Daldaen
11-09-2014, 08:27 PM
Item ID's generally reflect the expansion or update items were implemented with.

Some items did get re-categorized, primarily during the update during PoP where they had to change the number of items the game was able to handle. It was when EQ was in 16bit, and 32767 was the maximum item ID they could have.

Tons of item IDs are grouped together. Raid drops, class armors, tradeskills etc. It reflects when they were itemized.

But again, those meats serve 0 purpose in Kunark. No tradeskill or quests involve them. There are no posts that suggest they dropped before Velious. And their item ID is grouped together with Velious meats.

I see no evidence that would suggest they dropped before Velious.

Byrjun
11-09-2014, 08:57 PM
Looked up some random stuff by ID...

Item ID 2389 is a gate potion to Plane of Mischief (GM only?).
Item ID 1559 is a bracer from late Velious Plane of Fear revamp.
Item ID 6822 is a bracer from Plane of Mischief.
Item ID 6895 is a bracer from Luclin.

All of these would be pre-Kunark items if things were ordered like that. They aren't.

Some stuff is grouped "sorta" by relation, some stuff is grouped alphabetically like those last two examples (Mushroom Bracer, Musty Scale Bracer), it's a total mess. It's meaningless and you can't divine any sort of real information from item IDs.

Using your logic I could say that Water Dragon Meat was added in or after Velious and they just threw Sea Dragon Meat next to it because the items are so similar.

And that's probably what happened. They're all meats so they were reorganized together. Wurm Meat is a Kunark item.

Daldaen
11-09-2014, 09:14 PM
I am not saying the lower the number, the earlier it was added to EQ. It is grouped around a set of other items that are very similar to it (all meats) and they are all from Velious.

There is no reason the item should drop before then. It served no purpose for tradeskills or quests. I can find no mention of him dropping it before then either.

If it had some purpose, or there were evidence/mention of it existing before Velious, fine. I would chalk it up to what you are. But the fact that no mentions of it are made in the limited killing of Faydedar -- And keep in mind, on this server it drops every time, I would think a 100% drop would get mentioned in loots somewhere --, it has no purpose AND it is grouped with a bunch of Velious meats in the item IDs makes me think it shouldn't exist pre-Velious.

Byrjun
11-10-2014, 12:50 AM
I am not saying the lower the number, the earlier it was added to EQ. It is grouped around a set of other items that are very similar to it (all meats) and they are all from Velious.

It's right next to Wurm Meat which was a Kunark drop. I said this in the last post, are you just trolling now? I can't tell.

Daldaen
11-10-2014, 01:05 AM
In summary, Sea Dragon Meat + Wurm Meat should not drop until Velious. All existing meats should be purged from game. There shouldn't be 200 Totems on day 1 of Velious cause people have stacks of the meats I'm afraid.

It's right next to Wurm Meat which was a Kunark drop. I said this in the last post, are you just trolling now? I can't tell.

See bold. Retroactively added to wurm drop tables.

Only use of Wurm Meat in TSes is Pickled Wurms. The combine:

To make Pickled Wurm (Baking: Yield 2, trivial 75), Combine the following in a Spit, Oven, Tanaan Oven, or Collapsible Spit
Seaweed Vinegar (*)
Jug of Oyster Sauces (*)
Wurm Meat

AKA a Velious combine.

Both Wurm and Sea Dragon Meat have 0 evidence of their dropping pre-Velious. Nor is there any purpose for them to drop pre-Velious.

Erati
11-10-2014, 11:40 AM
pretty sure wurm meat always dropped off wurms for all eternity

I would solo in Kunark on my wiz in BW all the time, wurms being one of the main things since could find blue ones, they drop absolute crap but seeing meat on them felt pretty normal

Were the saltwater seaweeds in game during Kunark too?

Daldaen
11-10-2014, 11:50 AM
Saltwater Seaweed is used in Human cultural armor combines. Yes it was in during Kunark.

I looked through every Wurm in BW/Skyfire from Kunark. No posts or bestiary pages show Wurm Meat pre-2001. Same deal with Faydedar.

brecon
12-24-2014, 05:20 AM
bump - i always see people trying to sell Sea Dragon Meat, and I feel terrible for anyone that buys them.