PDA

View Full Version : Player quality

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Howdy all I have just started on the server on Jan 26th after the they pulled the plug on Vanguard I would bet everything I own they are doing the same gutting and neutering to EQ in say July when they as Smeed put it "get people out of their old inferior mmo's into mmo's of the future.

One thing I have noticed is the level of incompetence and just plain jackassery I have encounters on p99 in less than a month is more than I have encountered in 14 years playing EQ on live. I love the server, I love the content, hell I set up a recurring donation with in a week of starting on the server.

I have ran into the most worthless people in groups and find the only real way to exp is solo, even as a warrior. Every time I join a group I lose exp and this is no shit. I have made it to 42 entirely solo as every time I join a group I leave with less exp than when I started. I have tried everything from duo to a full group. Basically pulling the exact same mobs I solo at a higher rate with a healer I end up dead in a matter of minuets.

I know I am not the best geared player in the game but I have had enough consideration for other players to make sure that I am not gimp. I put in quite a few hours farming pp drops and items that sell my net worth is only 8k but I used the wiki and ehungry to make sure I got the most bang for my pp buck. I bought weapons on the cheap with good ratios considering damage bonus and price. I bought armor in the same way. I have an in depth understanding of EQ with 14 years under my belt and I have played every class to post 60 and many to current max on on raid content.

Every 5 levels or so I make a poor choice and take a group invite thinking maybe at this point in the game the morons have all re-rolled or rage quit but this is never the case. Is there a point in the game where people are level locked by their retardation?

I have been kind and tried to help people (very unlike me.) But every time I give a suggestion to somebody or ask them to try a different spell rotation or method they act like I invited Hitler to their Bar Mitzvah.

Here are a few of the "gems" I have ran into on P99 in the past 20 days:

[37 Warrior] Fylgum (Troll) - Full banded armor with dervish cut throat rings opalline earrings sword of skyfire and Kunzar Ku'juch - net worth < 400p
[35 Enchanter] Deuterium (Fire Elemental) <Knights Who Say Ni> - uses /assist tank ... for charm mobs, charms before he casts mez, chain casts anarchy, types in all caps demanding you give him every page that drops gets pissed if you loot them off corpses instead of telling him they dropped so he could loot
[46 Shaman] Kronyon (Barbarian) <Illuminati> - Doesn't heal because after buffs he doesn't have enough mana, will not cani because it hurts his hp he prefers to med, spends his combat time melee and nuking.
[37 ish Bard] Tiraj (half elf) - 1 song bards are bad enough but during combat 0 song bard, perhaps only singing his personal haste song while playing fisty cuffs with a lute on so he doesn't have to change weapons while sing hymn of restoration out of combat.
[20 Magician] Melkar (Human) <Kittens Who Say Meow> - during a 8 hours grind session cast less than 300 spells. Unfortunately I didn't have group lead and just wanted to get get out of the area I was in. At least once I gave him a social macro to use his pet attacked every mob......

quido
02-17-2014, 12:21 PM
*morans

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 12:26 PM
Since I cannot edit:
Making it to 42 as a server first character warrior entirely solo is no small feat.

I have also ran into necros who don't dot, just spam lifetap, mages who use fire pet in groups, enchanters who think fearing mobs inside of CMM is good cc, and many other fine examples of player quality.

QeynosDrunkard
02-17-2014, 12:29 PM
Making it to 42 as a server first character warrior entirely solo is no small feat.

Pras you win EQ

Tiggles
02-17-2014, 12:31 PM
Since I cannot edit:

I have also ran into necros who don't dot, just spam lifetap, mages who use fire pet in groups, enchanters who think fearing mobs inside of CMM is good cc, and many other fine examples of player quality.

Level to 60 bro so the people who actually matter can find out you are a shitty tank and deny your application to raid and you end up in BDA.

Daldaen
02-17-2014, 12:40 PM
In fairness mobs in groups can die faster than DoT are able to take full effect making lifetaps more efficient. And fire pet in group is kind of meh. Earth pet usually sucks since root will make melee get hit if the tank doesn't understand rooted mob mechanics (which I swear 80% of this server doesn't), air stun sucks in duration at low levels, and water DPS is a rather negligible difference until they can backstab. The only time using fire is stupid is when they won't dual wield (24-29 range I thnk). Since earth pets will and fire won't. Though when you get two mobs and you have fire OT one, that is pretty clutch when it basically solos a mob for you and uses none of the healers mana.

Fearing in a dungeon is just retarded.

But go on, tell us about how skillful you are as a warrior. Does that auto attack take a lot of thought? And please Jesus tell me atleast you understand how taunt works (if you're spamming it the irony would be delicious). So what... You autoattack with your researched- good-ratio-having-weapons, you may kick occasionally or if you're a fancy large race you may use slam to interupt a spell, and in the event you lose aggro you click taunt a few times until you have it back or more likely the mob died.

Lojik
02-17-2014, 12:44 PM
Level to 60 bro so the people who actually matter can find out you are a shitty tank and deny your application to raid and you end up in BDA.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b56835b4a975049d124a090ec69f2a42/tumblr_mi30wlw1cY1qge875o1_250.gif

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 12:47 PM
But go on, tell us about how skillful you are as a warrior. Does that auto attack take a lot of thought? And please Jesus tell me atleast you understand how taunt works (if you're spamming it the irony would be delicious). So what... You autoattack with your researched- good-ratio-having-weapons, you may kick occasionally or if you're a fancy large race you may use slam to interupt a spell, and in the event you lose aggro you click taunt a few times until you have it back or more likely the mob died.

Hey at least I rolled a useful class and not a porter.

Champion_Standing
02-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Since I cannot edit:

Necro dots may not be efficient if you are killing things at a decent rate, he may in fact be getting better damage just spamming lifetap then just getting 2 ticks of a dot on a mob before it goes down.

And fire pet? Who fucking cares?

You sound like you need to reroll a solo class so you can min/max in a corner all alone somewhere and nobody will upset you.

Tecmos Deception
02-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Pras you win EQ

The majority of people in the forums do not want to see "pras" all the time.

Deru, I demand you remove the forums just like you are removing red global OOC.

Tecmos Deception
02-17-2014, 12:51 PM
The new auction tracker is better than EC forums anyway!

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Necro dots may not be efficient if you are killing things at a decent rate, he may in fact be getting better damage just spamming lifetap then just getting 2 ticks of a dot on a mob before it goes down.

And fire pet? Who fucking cares?

You sound like you need to reroll a solo class so you can min/max in a corner all alone somewhere and nobody will upset you.

There is a line between being decent/trying vs being a bane to people in your group. I can count on one hand the people I have grouped with who haven't been afk more than not. Would any of you tolerate 1 song bards and people who where constantly afk or not doing their job in your groups? I think not.

Lojik
02-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Would any of you tolerate 1 song bards and people who where constantly afk or not doing their job in your groups? I think not.

I would not... pras

Daldaen
02-17-2014, 01:00 PM

Says the class that guilds really only need 2 of. One useless warrior to engage with fortitude and 1 Main Tank.

Let me know when your mobilization to AoW takes 2 hours cause you have to run from WC to North Ro and then take the boat to Iceclad then run to EW and then run to Kael.

You want useful, roll a cleric and press a button every 12 seconds for me. Again uber hard, but we do need 10+ of them...

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM
Says the class that guilds really only need 2 of. One useless warrior to engage with fortitude and 1 Main Tank.

Let me know when your mobilization to AoW takes 2 hours cause you have to run from WC to North Ro and then take the boat to Iceclad then run to EW and then run to Kael.

You want useful, roll a cleric and press a button every 12 seconds for me. Again uber hard, but we do need 10+ of them...

Says the class that guilds only need 1 of. When is the last time anybody ever said oh well no druids on line, can't raid see you guys tomorrow? Never.

Why the hell would I roll a cleric and be doomed to repeat 1-42+ again with the same retards in a class with less solo capability.

Tenlaar
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM
If every group you join ends badly there is a pretty good chance that you are the problem.

Daldaen
02-17-2014, 01:05 PM
in a class with less solo capability.

What... Clerics are total bosses at soloing...

Swish come in and lay down your solo guide plz.

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 01:05 PM
If every group you join ends badly there is a pretty good chance that you are the problem.

Every group I join starts badly, I just leave after a few deaths and let them continue their stupidity.

Man0warr
02-17-2014, 01:17 PM
I just grouped up to 42 on my enchanter and haven't really seen the incompetence you speak of - mostly in Upper Guk and Mistmoore and duo/trios at FV Pirates.

Then again I only level in places I can charm badass rogue pets who do most of the work for me so I only need a warm body to tank for me and maybe someone to heal said tank and pull mobs.

Also - pick your group mates better - I'd say half of the low levels on this server are badass twinked rogues with epics or shamans with fungi tunics - check out their gear first before joining. You may find a badly geared guy who is really good at his class but more likely if he was good he'd have figured out a way to get better gear.

Lyra
02-17-2014, 01:18 PM
This post is so trollish, but I think you are serious. I searched your posts, and saw you posted your character name in my "Do not group" thread. ( http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66008 )

I was that clicky cleric in FV at the bank. I'm not going to go into detail about our converation, but I'm surprised this post came after.

The key to successful grouping is to gather the best players to your friends list as you random group. Eventually, you should have a solid group that players with similar play times and can somewhat "perma group". I did this on my cleric, and eventually became guilded with this group. Another option is to find someone you think plays decent, and join their guild hopefully with more decent players.

I don't know how long you've been playing MMO's, but I can't imagine you haven't figured out this:

I have been kind and tried to help people (very unlike me.) But every time I give a suggestion to somebody or ask them to try a different spell rotation or method they act like I invited Hitler to their Bar Mitzvah.

is ALWAYS a bad idea. Leave the group if it is causing the entire group to fail. If it's not, I'm sure you can compensate with your expert gameplay.

Fame
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
The majority of people in the forums do not want to see "pras" all the time.

Deru, I demand you remove the forums just like you are removing red global OOC.

Too soon

Champion_Standing
02-17-2014, 01:21 PM
Also - pick your group mates better - I'd say half of the low levels on this server are badass twinked rogues with epics or shamans with fungi tunics - check out their gear first before joining. You may find a badly geared guy who is really good at his class but more likely if he was good he'd have figured out a way to get better gear.

Lots of plat to twink does not mean that you know how to play the class.

I would be more likely to advise avoiding the super twinks, they seem to cause more problems than the poorly geared newbies because they think that a fungi tunic makes them invincible.

Tecmos Deception
02-17-2014, 01:24 PM
OP seems pretty trolly, for sure. But I know where he is coming from.

Raavak
02-17-2014, 01:24 PM
This is a pretty entertaining thread.

Man0warr
02-17-2014, 01:28 PM
Lots of plat to twink does not mean that you know how to play the class.

I would be more likely to advise avoiding the super twinks, they seem to cause more problems than the poorly geared newbies because they think that a fungi tunic makes them invincible.

Fungi does make you pretty much invincible at low levels.

Also, how are people going to get enough plat to afford an epic MQ or a fungi if they are bad? No one is inviting a bad player to a King group, or if they do they get kicked out pretty fast.

Sure some twink may have been gifted some godly items but I sure as hell wouldn't give a buddy who just started up a fungi - he may sell it or just stop playing.

Kayso
02-17-2014, 01:33 PM
The only common link in all of your failed relationships is you.

You've never made it out of a group with positive exp, yet you name a mage a refer to an eight hour grind session.

What kind of an asshole stays in a group for 8 hours and doesn't end with positive exp?

You can always camp and delete IRL.

Champion_Standing
02-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Fungi does make you pretty much invincible at low levels.

Also, how are people going to get enough plat to afford an epic MQ or a fungi if they are bad? No one is inviting a bad player to a King group, or if they do they get kicked out pretty fast.

Sure some twink may have been gifted some godly items but I sure as hell wouldn't give a buddy who just started up a fungi - he may sell it or just stop playing.

Just because someone farmed enough plat on their necro main to buy a fungi or an epic MQ does not mean they know how to play the class they are putting it on. I've seen it more times than I can count, super twink monk can't even figure out how to split spawns and thinks its cool to pull entire camps because he has a fungi.

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 01:38 PM
I don't know how long you've been playing MMO's, but I can't imagine you haven't figured out this:

is ALWAYS a bad idea. Leave the group if it is causing the entire group to fail. If it's not, I'm sure you can compensate with your expert gameplay.

Since classic EQ.

I do not understand why offering friendly advice to people causes such an adverse reaction. I mean pointing out that the druid that flame lick is a ac debuff and dot with huge aggro when he is using on mobs before they even get into camp then dying. How is this a bad thing, normally they go into a nerd rage about how bad of a tank you are when you nicely suggest that they might should use something else.

derpcake
02-17-2014, 01:39 PM
Most people under level 50 are bad from someone who has been in a good guilds perspective.

I don't think thats news to anyone.

Claytonhowell
02-17-2014, 01:40 PM
The same goes for suggesting assist keys, pet attack socials, or evasion hotkeys.

Kayso
02-17-2014, 01:41 PM
Since classic EQ.

I do not understand why offering friendly advice to people causes such an adverse reaction. I mean pointing out that the druid that flame lick is a ac debuff and dot with huge aggro when he is using on mobs before they even get into camp then dying. How is this a bad thing, normally they go into a nerd rage about how bad of a tank you are when you nicely suggest that they might should use something else.

I bet none of them are bad enough to stay in a group for 8 hours and not gain exp.

Danth
02-17-2014, 01:42 PM

I think his point was that the guy who plays a great Cleric main can easily be an inept newbie Monk. Experience with one class doesn't necessarily translate to another.

Thread aside, I can't recall having more than a tiny handful of bad pick-up groups on P99 in over 4 years playing here.

Danth

Danth
02-17-2014, 01:46 PM
I'd guess those Druids using Flame Lick (substitute any other class using high-aggro spells) are used to grouping with Paladin or Shadow Knights as tanks. Those two classes can maintain aggro without batting an eye in spite of sloppy behavior from their groupmates; a Warrior can't. Some folks have trouble adapting from one type of tank to the other.

If they can't adapt, ask them to root everything first. It's cumbersome but usually works.

Danth

Lojik
02-17-2014, 01:47 PM
I think his point was that the guy who plays a great Cleric main can easily be an inept newbie Monk. Experience with one class doesn't necessarily translate to another.

Thread aside, I can't recall having more than a tiny handful of bad pick-up groups on P99 in over 4 years playing here.

Danth

I can't recall too many bad groups. Sometimes a bad group member yes, maybe two, but nothing that didn't make the group really bad. Standard groups in general are just slower exp anyway so I always went in to full groups ready for slower exp. It's quite common to see people who aren't "essential" to go afk in groups: wizards, mages, necros, etc. Just boot them if they afk too much.

Fael
02-17-2014, 01:54 PM
I would recommend finding a good solid friend you can rely on (enchanter or cleric), and using each other as the base to form your own groups from here on out. If you run into someone unteachable, kick them or never invite them out. Pretty soon you'll have a long list of ppl to look for to group with that you trust, and those people will jump at the chance to group with you when all your groups go extremely well.

Thats what i did to level 1-60.

Hopefully, the death of low hp kiting will lead to some better bards out there. I personally refuse to group with any that I don't already know are decent. So many are so bad right now.

Dolic

stonez138
02-17-2014, 02:01 PM
I have ran into the most worthless people in groups

When you have the same experience over and over again with different people you should really look for the one constant variable and maybe that is the problem.

kank
02-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Amusing thread, A+ would read again

Duckwalk
02-17-2014, 02:16 PM
I'd guess those Druids using Flame Lick (substitute any other class using high-aggro spells) are used to grouping with Paladin or Shadow Knights as tanks. Those two classes can maintain aggro without batting an eye in spite of sloppy behavior from their groupmates; a Warrior can't. Some folks have trouble adapting from one type of tank to the other.

If they can't adapt, ask them to root everything first. It's cumbersome but usually works.

Danth

You'd think root would work until you run into the twinked ogre warrior in MM who can't figure out how to keep the mob facing him so the epic rogue can backstab (even after numerous explanations of root aggro mechanics).

The best part wasn't when he cursed me out and dropped group but when the shaman who was only casting a single nuke each mob somehow took offense to my benign mechanic explanations and refused to re-sow our group.

Needless to say he got kicked.

However as a warrior you generally control your own destiny. Either you're pulling too much (and you overestimated your groups ability) or you foolishly engaged someone else's bad pull. There is no shame in lol'ing at some bad monk fail pull and hitting th zone line.

Man0warr
02-17-2014, 02:30 PM
I bet it's the same ogre warrior who when he's LFG he will hang around your group hitting mobs while at low health to "help", and then he inevitably gets low HP aggro and trains.

Ahldagor
02-17-2014, 02:46 PM
Howdy all I have just started on the server on Jan 26th after the they pulled the plug on Vanguard I would bet everything I own they are doing the same gutting and neutering to EQ in say July when they as Smeed put it "get people out of their old inferior mmo's into mmo's of the future.

One thing I have noticed is the level of incompetence and just plain jackassery I have encounters on p99 in less than a month is more than I have encountered in 14 years playing EQ on live. I love the server, I love the content, hell I set up a recurring donation with in a week of starting on the server.

I have ran into the most worthless people in groups and find the only real way to exp is solo, even as a warrior. Every time I join a group I lose exp and this is no shit. I have made it to 42 entirely solo as every time I join a group I leave with less exp than when I started. I have tried everything from duo to a full group. Basically pulling the exact same mobs I solo at a higher rate with a healer I end up dead in a matter of minuets.

I know I am not the best geared player in the game but I have had enough consideration for other players to make sure that I am not gimp. I put in quite a few hours farming pp drops and items that sell my net worth is only 8k but I used the wiki and ehungry to make sure I got the most bang for my pp buck. I bought weapons on the cheap with good ratios considering damage bonus and price. I bought armor in the same way. I have an in depth understanding of EQ with 14 years under my belt and I have played every class to post 60 and many to current max on on raid content.

Every 5 levels or so I make a poor choice and take a group invite thinking maybe at this point in the game the morons have all re-rolled or rage quit but this is never the case. Is there a point in the game where people are level locked by their retardation?

Here are a few of the "gems" I have ran into on P99 in the past 20 days:

[37 Warrior] Fylgum (Troll) - Full banded armor with dervish cut throat rings opalline earrings sword of skyfire and Kunzar Ku'juch - net worth < 400p
[35 Enchanter] Deuterium (Fire Elemental) <Knights Who Say Ni> - uses /assist tank ... for charm mobs, charms before he casts mez, chain casts anarchy, types in all caps demanding you give him every page that drops gets pissed if you loot them off corpses instead of telling him they dropped so he could loot
[46 Shaman] Kronyon (Barbarian) <Illuminati> - Doesn't heal because after buffs he doesn't have enough mana, will not cani because it hurts his hp he prefers to med, spends his combat time melee and nuking.
[37 ish Bard] Tiraj (half elf) - 1 song bards are bad enough but during combat 0 song bard, perhaps only singing his personal haste song while playing fisty cuffs with a lute on so he doesn't have to change weapons while sing hymn of restoration out of combat.
[20 Magician] Melkar (Human) <Kittens Who Say Meow> - during a 8 hours grind session cast less than 300 spells. Unfortunately I didn't have group lead and just wanted to get get out of the area I was in. At least once I gave him a social macro to use his pet attacked every mob......

you sound like the type of person that would get mad whenever i give a skele pet a leg chopper

runlvlzero
02-17-2014, 02:56 PM
OP. Yep. Have fun, try not to change the incompetence and learn to use it to your advantage, roll with it. You will have more fun.

Duckwalk
02-17-2014, 03:00 PM
OP. Yep. Have fun, try not to change the incompetence and learn to use it to your advantage, roll with it. You will have more fun.

Disagree, but then again I am resigned to being the asshole saying "can you please snare" or "please assist X" or "the closest person to a rooted mob gets aggro".

Those 3 have popped up a lot recently.

hatelore
02-17-2014, 03:04 PM

Qft /thread.

BahamutDF
02-17-2014, 03:14 PM
At only level 18, I've grouped with a few derps here and there, but I wouldn't make a thread specifically calling them out so they can read this and /wrist. Who the fuck knows their situation or status, they could be brand new to the game. This could be their first toon past level 30 or whatever. When I group, I desire an acceptable level of competence but I'm not about to fucking put these people on blast over lacking it.

Just my thoughts. <- wow that really is a pointless little anecdote. I feel like telling myself "no shit"

Sturgeon
02-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Poor OP, he posts and gets his ass torn out for complaining in RnF

Ahldagor
02-17-2014, 03:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/RX66uOM.gif

Champion_Standing
02-17-2014, 03:50 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/bf15b7f74b1222592d2c5d5ecbdf3346/tumblr_mx5q09VWbZ1rbjer4o1_500.gif

runlvlzero
02-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Disagree, but then again I am resigned to being the asshole saying "can you please snare" or "please assist X" or "the closest person to a rooted mob gets aggro".

Those 3 have popped up a lot recently.

My main is usually a cleric. I usually would just let those people die, than continue duoing with the 1-3 decent people left and we'd talk about pizza or butt sex.

justin2090
02-17-2014, 04:31 PM

This doesn't sound bad to me. No 5/55's is the only thing but at 37 they won't make that big a difference. I think people get carried away with the min/max on this server. The only thing that could really impact his tanking ability is a fungi imo. Everything else is so minor it's for the min/max'rs.

runlvlzero
02-17-2014, 04:33 PM
This doesn't sound bad to me. No 5/55's is the only thing but at 37 they won't make that big a difference. I think people get carried away with the min/max on this server. The only thing that could really impact his tanking ability is a fungi imo. Everything else is so minor it's for the min/max'rs.

Yep, back when max level was 50 and TMO was wiping in fear every night and no one had epics, I had a 30 SK in bronze. Had same issues with min maxxers being dumb.

Just assume it's going to take 2-3 groups some nights before u can have a nice chill experience, make a set of regular friends. It's the only way.

runlvlzero
02-17-2014, 04:39 PM
lulz, did you suffer an OD, or brain trauma from a girl you were stalking kicking your face in, or the people at the funny farm doping you up so you would stop screaming?

Cause it seems like you just repeat the same action over and over these days.

Also, if you want some, u can always treat me with respect. Y'know. Calling me a faggot is just as effective as calling a real girl a slut. Just doesn't work.

whitebandit
02-17-2014, 04:43 PM

you did not just call Daldaen "just a porter"

shame..

Orruar
02-17-2014, 04:44 PM
you did not just call Daldaen "just a porter"

shame..

I don't see the word "just" in his post.

whitebandit
02-17-2014, 04:59 PM
I don't see the word "just" in his post.

oh boohoooooooo

baalzy
02-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Whenever a string of failures happens, look for the common element between them and you will find the cause.

chu
02-17-2014, 05:37 PM
Is there a point in the game where people are level locked by their retardation?

i wish
would be classic as fuck

NextGenesis88
02-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Man you just seem to be a highly negative person.

-why does everyone have to be pros? some people are learning or haven't learned everything yet. I would love having a shit ton of new players that never played before and I would not get mad at them for trying. Some people ARE bad, but if they don't keep playing then they will not get better. Trust me, they will need to learn the hard way and change eventually.

-take group leader and kick people out if they don't listen to your advice or negatively impact the group. that's totally on you to decide.

-make your own groups. if you keep playing in bad groups then who's fault is that? leave and find a better one or find a better one to begin with. don't act like there aren't ways to do this.

-join a guild son.

-make friends and play with them.

-here's an idea. go make a youtube channel with classic EQ P99 tips and tricks and things you should know and maybe even per class.

Relax and play son. There are many ways to deal with these things or make this a better place by actually being a positive influence. If people are being thickheaded then boot them. That's totally up to you if you take the leadership. Make the argument that if you are the group leader it means you are the group leader and that's how you run groups under that authority. Being the group leader SHOULD have the option for that authority if you so feel the need. (not saying whether I would do it or whether it's right or wrong) After all you should have the freedom to choose how you want to play such a game of this wide open, role playing nature. And people come here to see your words and how you feel so why hide it from in game? If you are really that adamant to get shit done, then act on it and make it happen. If you only complain and you don't do anything about it then I have to call you bitch.

If I went out looking for every little mistake people make then yeah I could come up with a few things as well. But I don't. I make the best of my time here and group with the people I enjoy. As long as I am having fun I could give two shit's whether we should have ended the night with one extra bubble of experience. If you are being friendly and making good conversation with people then they should be much more open to suggestions or listening to your advice when they don't feel as if you are coming across as a condescending know-it-all. My biggest issue is running into people like you in a group who act like this.

The irony.

-Now available at Amazon.com. Enter code NG88 for 10% discount on purchases up to $29.95.

Ajkuhuun
02-17-2014, 08:59 PM
Man you just seem to be a highly negative person.

-why does everyone have to be pros? some people are learning or haven't learned everything yet. I would love having a shit ton of new players that never played before and I would not get mad at them for trying. Some people ARE bad, but if they don't keep playing then they will not get better. Trust me, they will need to learn the hard way and change eventually.

-take group leader and kick people out if they don't listen to your advice or negatively impact the group. that's totally on you to decide.

-make your own groups. if you keep playing in bad groups then who's fault is that? leave and find a better one or find a better one to begin with. don't act like there aren't ways to do this.

-join a guild son.

-make friends and play with them.

-here's an idea. go make a youtube channel with classic EQ P99 tips and tricks and things you should know and maybe even per class.

Relax and play son. There are many ways to deal with these things or make this a better place by actually being a positive influence. If people are being thickheaded then boot them. That's totally up to you if you take the leadership. Make the argument that if you are the group leader it means you are the group leader and that's how you run groups under that authority. Being the group leader SHOULD have the option for that authority if you so feel the need. (not saying whether I would do it or whether it's right or wrong) After all you should have the freedom to choose how you want to play such a game of this wide open, role playing nature. And people come here to see your words and how you feel so why hide it from in game? If you are really that adamant to get shit done, then act on it and make it happen. If you only complain and you don't do anything about it then I have to call you bitch.

If I went out looking for every little mistake people make then yeah I could come up with a few things as well. But I don't. I make the best of my time here and group with the people I enjoy. As long as I am having fun I could give two shit's whether we should have ended the night with one extra bubble of experience. If you are being friendly and making good conversation with people then they should be much more open to suggestions or listening to your advice when they don't feel as if you are coming across as a condescending know-it-all. My biggest issue is running into people like you in a group who act like this.

The irony.

-Now available at Amazon.com. Enter code NG88 for 10% discount on purchases up to $29.95.

QFT?

NextGenesis88
02-17-2014, 09:05 PM
Yeah I was lying about Amazon. It's impossible for a forum post to be sold on Amazon.

Ajkuhuun
02-17-2014, 09:08 PM
Yeah I was lying about Amazon. It's impossible for a forum post to be sold on Amazon.

lol ok other than that little tidbit, yeah. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ahldagor
02-17-2014, 09:49 PM
number one factor in a group is sociability and good humor
number two is the amount of particle effects and sound effects (that sound of skeletons crunching under blows or that orc cry)
number three is exp
number four is loot

add them together and you get mental profit

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-17-2014, 09:59 PM

Tiggles, yer actually a little shit aint you. Your posts are uniformly tedious, trivial, unconstructive, and pretty much prime examples of bitter troll-spew.

But you go, girl.

NextGenesis88
02-17-2014, 10:36 PM
Gotta say it's pretty irritating have particle effects on high. Medium is much better, but low is plenty still. I mean it can get so bad that you can't see shit and have no idea what's even happening on high.

Ahldagor
02-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Gotta say it's pretty irritating have particle effects on high. Medium is much better, but low is plenty still. I mean it can get so bad that you can't see shit and have no idea what's even happening on high.

high for high

sulpher01
02-17-2014, 11:17 PM
This is why you guys can't have entertaining rnf threads... only a few pages in you already ran him off.

Tenlaar
02-17-2014, 11:18 PM
He's probably at an international gaming competition making mad stacks.

You know, because he's such a pro at everything.

mgellan
02-17-2014, 11:42 PM
One thing I have noticed is the level of incompetence and just plain jackassery I have encounters on p99 in less than a month is more than I have encountered in 14 years playing EQ on live.

What was your toon name again so we can watch out for you and group with you to bask in the brilliance of your elite skillz?

Regards,
Mg

Lojik
02-18-2014, 12:06 AM
What was your toon name again so we can watch out for you and group with you to bask in the brilliance of your elite skillz?

Regards,
Mg

Hotbeef or something

jaybone
02-18-2014, 12:16 AM
When are these mods going to start banning these people that just can't keep the word faggot out of their mouth?

Lojik
02-18-2014, 12:19 AM
When are these mods going to start banning these people that just can't keep the word faggot out of their mouth?

You can't keep the word 'faggot' out if it keeps coming out...or something.

Tenlaar
02-18-2014, 12:23 AM

I've been wondering that myself. It's ridiculous lately.

This may be Rants and Flames, But it is not a "Do whatever the hell you want' forum.

Incomplete List of Things you are NOT allowed to do here:

You may under NO CIRCUMSTANCES at any time:

4. Use hatespeech or racial epithets in your posts. (I shouldn't have to say this but some of you are just flat out stupid)
All of these will result in bans of varying lengths.

Teako
02-18-2014, 02:17 AM
I'd recommend you both immediately sign up for http://www.glaad.org/

Words have no hateful meaning until you give them hateful meaning. The problem is you, not the word.

Tenlaar
02-18-2014, 02:33 AM
What an intellectual honest and realistically full of shit statement.

Altair
02-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Ya, there are aHOLES in the game, But I found some good ppl here too. you can kinda tell the diff if ya talk to 'em a bit.

YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY VERY ;p

Gadwen
02-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Trying to name and shame someone for having bad gear, now that is something quality players do.

rollin5k
02-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Op sounds like a pretty cool dude, hit me up if you need help killing yourself

Kayso
02-18-2014, 11:15 AM
YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY VERY... ;p

Finish the sentence. Its killing me. May very what?

Duckwalk
02-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Had a sk last night that refused to pull and make the cleric do it.

myriverse
02-18-2014, 04:11 PM
What an intellectual honest and realistically full of shit statement.
Wait... what? Honest and full of shit?:confused:

Skittlez
02-18-2014, 07:04 PM

I have to agree with this.

radditsu
02-18-2014, 07:09 PM
Ya, there are aHOLES in the game, But I found some good ppl here too. you can kinda tell the diff if ya talk to 'em a bit.

YOUR EXPERIENCE MAY VERY ;p

Thanks generic comment guy.

Wrench
02-18-2014, 07:11 PM
I used the wiki and ehungry to make sure I got the most bang for my pp buck

im confused, did you use ahungry or eharmony?

mgellan
02-19-2014, 12:10 PM
I'd recommend you both immediately sign up for http://www.glaad.org/

Words have no hateful meaning until you give them hateful meaning. The problem is you, not the word.

Ok, done. Using the term you guys do makes this place sound like a schoolyard, incredibly juvenile.

Regards,
mg

drktmplr12
02-19-2014, 02:30 PM
EQ Pro Tip: When players are bad and will probably cause wipes or excessive downtime, you can always leave.

BahamutDF
02-19-2014, 02:33 PM
EQ Pro Tip: When players are bad and will probably cause wipes or excessive downtime, you can always leave.

http://images.thezooom.com/uploads/2012/05/Nuclear-Mind-Blown.jpg

Flip
02-19-2014, 03:12 PM

I'll admit. This was kinda funny.

Quineloe
02-19-2014, 03:17 PM
If it's really Hotbeef, his story is bullshit, I grouped with him once and while short, nobody died and we killed a bunch of light blue orc centurions in crushbone over half an hour so basically he walked away with a plus from that group.

Also, what kind of madness would let someone level a warrior by soloing to 45?

And why would someone who apparently has infinite time roll a fucking hobbit for a warrior?

Solb
02-19-2014, 06:16 PM
I didn't have the patience to read all of his cry, but if this is Hotbeef, I grouped with him in HHK. If he claims he only goes solo, he is full of shit. Also, he was "Master Looting" for the group in HHK, collecting all the goblin ears and then supposedly handing them out once he got 6 ears. A guy was counting, and found that he was holding ears without distributing them. Also, when it was time for him to split the plat with the group after selling all of the ore and stuff, the entire group got less than 10pp each. Hardly seemed right, after an hour of killing goblins. In essence, he is comes off as a greedy malcontent.

Mac Dretti
02-19-2014, 06:20 PM
Wish more people were high caliber quality members like myself

Do unto others