PDA

View Full Version : 150k+ for torpor?...lol

Conky
02-16-2014, 09:53 AM
Was thinking of coming back till I seen this, its too bad but this server is done for the majority of players who are casual, this server is only focused on people who play 24/7. If you think any casual player will farm 6 months to be able to afford 1 spell you are crazy, I have much better things to do with my life.

SamIamLegend
02-16-2014, 09:56 AM
Welcome to EQ. Majority of the people who play live in parents basement or some shitty apartment collecting unemployment and have no life.

OR they are independently wealthy and don't have to do anything other than eat Cheetos and make the prices in EC so high so casuals have to leave.

Swish
02-16-2014, 10:25 AM
BUT YOU WANT TO TANK TEH TURTEL RITE GUYS?

Conky
02-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Like post on p99 forums about how you have much better things to do with your life than complain about the cost of a spell in the Eastern Commonlands of Everquest.

Oh zing... better things to do then post 3000 times thats for sure...

HeallunRumblebelly
02-16-2014, 11:01 AM
~ or farm your own torpor? Mobs out front of vp literally always up.

Swish
02-16-2014, 11:10 AM
mudflation levels rising... wait til people want their early Velious pixels...

Dweed
02-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Most people loot torpor from guild raids

Byrjun
02-16-2014, 11:27 AM
Took me about a month after reaching 60 to get Torpor, and 90% of the problem was finding it, not affording it.

If you want some uber level 60 item, you have to put in time to get the plat to buy it, or camp it. There's literally nothing more classic EverQuest than this concept.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "this server." Torpor was expensive as fuck back in 2000 on the live servers too. Again, shit's classic.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-16-2014, 11:36 AM
Took me about a month after reaching 60 to get Torpor, and 90% of the problem was finding it, not affording it.

If you want some uber level 60 item, you have to put in time to get the plat to buy it, or camp it. There's literally nothing more classic EverQuest than this concept.

And I'm not sure what you mean by "this server." Torpor was expensive as fuck back in 2000 on the live servers too. Again, shit's classic.

Exactly. People acting like a one time buy of 100 - 150k is impossible to attain. Even someone who is terrible at farming can do seafuries for a month and pull that in raw platinum.

YendorLootmonkey
02-16-2014, 11:41 AM
If you have any imagination at all, you can make that in just two weeks by cybering ladies(?).

Gaffin 7.0
02-16-2014, 11:44 AM
do prot every 2 hours if you arent a baddie at this game, profit torpor

heartbrand
02-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Guys people are selling Ferrari's for too much money. I have decided to stop playing life because of this.

Tecmos Deception
02-16-2014, 12:02 PM
Was thinking of coming back till I seen this, its too bad but this server is done for the majority of players who are casual, this server is only focused on people who play 24/7. If you think any casual player will farm 6 months to be able to afford 1 spell you are crazy, I have much better things to do with my life.

So don't farm pp, go kill emp or guardian wurms or some shit. Or gtfo.

Gaffin 7.0
02-16-2014, 12:05 PM
^^ pretty much i got it 3 times for friends, from emp and protector, easy pz

skorge
02-16-2014, 12:16 PM
I understand some of you stating to "just got get it yourself." That's not the point he is trying to make. The point is this: Torpor was going for 50k or less, less than 12 months ago...even 50k was considered high! Now it's 150k...it's disgusting, IMO.

Server's economy is so far out of whack it's retarded and NEEDS to be addressed...for starters, it's a shame that the devs stopped allowing account sells/trades to go on, this was a nice plat sink.

Velious was launched in less than a year after Kunark was released in classic EQ. On P99, Kunark has been out now, for what 3 years with no Velious? What blows my mind is the devs never took any precautions to adjust the server's economy/market to make up for this HUGE, UNREALISTIC gap between expansions.

The least they could have done was make legendary items MUCH rarer - items such as the fungi tunic, for example. Remember when they were ultra rare here? It should have stayed that way. I actually suggested this a long time ago - but nope.

You can't even compare classic server economy vs project 1999's - it's that bad. My only thought process is that maybe the devs think the economy is such a small part of rebuilding that classic EQ experience that they simply did not think about the server's economy/market?

Man0warr
02-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah but then everyone remember that Shamans are OP as shit in Velious and started up shaman alts - so fungi and torpor prices shot up.

rollin5k
02-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Its just supply and demand, how can you even complain about this. i play a shaman and i understand this pricing

skorge
02-16-2014, 12:25 PM
Its just supply and demand, how can you even complain about this. i play a shaman and i understand this pricing

This is more than supply & demand. This is an issue of P99's market situation. A fungi tunic should be worth more than a Torpor any day of the week. In fact, Torpor was NEVER worth more than a fungi until a few months ago. The price on Torpor shot up more than THREE times the amount in less than 12 months.

It's the server in general. The market is so far out of line, from the lack of Velious, the market prices are just crazy.

IMO - item drop rates should have been adjusted to make up for the lack of no Velious. Something, anything, should have been addressed months and months ago.

I'm almost tempted to say at this point it's too late - for the next go around P99 won't have this issue, they will release Velious on time.

Danth
02-16-2014, 12:28 PM
Exactly. People acting like a one time buy of 100 - 150k is impossible to attain. Even someone who is terrible at farming can do seafuries for a month and pull that in raw platinum.

150K *is* all but impossible to attain for folks like the OP (or like me, for that matter). It's a pipe dream. Do seafuries for a month? With what? It's hard enough to scrape up the time to go to a guild event for a few hours or some such. Such is EQ, and if it means I'll never have a fungi tunic, or some nice haste item or something, so be it. I'll live.

However, that's a moot point for the reason other folks have mentioned. The wife managed to attain Torpor, and if we can, anyone can. If you can't afford the spell, get it as a drop. It's difficult, but not impossible; think of it as the true Shaman epic. If you don't get it right away, your class isn't broken--you lived without it for 60 levels after all.

Danth

rollin5k
02-16-2014, 12:30 PM
I don't know i just don't think its that big of a deal. And it is just supply and demand. Not like there's some conspiracy or something. Who cares

Daldaen
02-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Server's economy is so far out of whack it's retarded and NEEDS to be addressed...for starters, it's a shame that the devs stopped allowing account sells/trades to go on, this was a nice plat sink.
This is probably the stupidest thing I've read all year. Thanks for that.

1. No.
2. You don't understand the concept of a money sink in a MMO. It is meant to take currency out of the hands of players and into the void that is NPC Merchants. Not to simply exchange between player 1 and 2.
3. The number of accounts sold that have IP exemptions built in was absolutely retarded.
4. No.

skorge
02-16-2014, 12:37 PM
This is probably the stupidest thing I've read all year. Thanks for that.

1. No.
2. You don't understand the concept of a money sink in a MMO. It is meant to take currency out of the hands of players and into the void that is NPC Merchants. Not to simply exchange between player 1 and 2.
3. The number of accounts sold that have IP exemptions built in was absolutely retarded.
4. No.

I think differently than most people. It's why I have more plat/items/accounts here than 95% of the population and I rarely play! I know my shit (sorry if i come off as bragging trying to make a point).

Item account trades/sells were a nice way for people who had plat to spend their money. Sure the plat didn't leave the server, so maybe I used the wrong word when I said "plat sink."

Now, what do they do? They buy Torpor for 100k and sell it for 105k. Then that 105k torpor gets bought and sold for 110k...you get the picture? I'm sure it's not hard to grasp.

I bought/sold/traded multiple accounts, how about you? It was a win/win for the buyer and seller. I never had any of the accounts I worked go sour. In fact I still own some of the accounts I purchased way back then.

Daldaen
02-16-2014, 12:43 PM
win/win for the buyer and seller. lose/lose for any guild wishing to compete for mobs that can't camp out 1 toon at each raid mob. Which is the vast majority of the server.

I don't question your market prowess. Nor do I really care to be honest. If flipping shit in EC is what gets you off, keep peddling pixels.

Selling characters for platinum was the worst thing to happen to this server and was allowed to continue for far too long.

PS - Reputation is a huge part of what mattered in original EQ. Being able to sell your account and wipe it clean, so long as you aren't retarded enough to give yourself away on your reroll, was stupid.

Pint
02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Acct trading rocked =x

Gaffin 7.0
02-16-2014, 01:10 PM
Acct trading rocked =x

Millburn
02-16-2014, 01:16 PM
It's difficult, but not impossible; think of it as the true Shaman epic. If you don't get it right away, your class isn't broken--you lived without it for 60 levels after all.

I had to quote you and get you on page 2 because this is a great outlook on Torpor. I also removed you signing your name at the end because that's just creepy.

Lisset
02-16-2014, 01:21 PM
I think differently than most people.

Then why should most people care about what you think?

Hollywood
02-16-2014, 01:25 PM
That is a bit much. I know when people were selling it with confidence, for 50-70k and was only mid of last year.

Lojik
02-16-2014, 01:48 PM
If Torpor and other shaman spells were cheap you would see 2 million shaman on the server as opposed to just 1 million.

Conky
02-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Guys people are selling Ferrari's for too much money. I have decided to stop playing life because of this.

lol, life and video games are 2 different things but looking at your post count it looks like you decided to stop playing life not me, I give up on a video game because life is more important. I rather hang with friends, ride motorcycle, fishing and working out then farming seafuries 40+ hours a week. Its funny all the guys with 3000+ posts are saying shit like this, my play time is an hour tops 2-3 times a week I dont have time to raid or set up groups to farm for torpor.

rollin5k
02-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Everquest might not be your game then unfortunately. Try blackops is sick bro :)

Tecmos Deception
02-16-2014, 02:13 PM
Skorge, you're boggling my mind atm. Look for the easiest explanations. Torpor got stupid expensive suddenly? It was because a bunch of shams appeared suddenly and no one kills emp, prot, guardian wurms, or vp trash. You can't blame the economy as a whole for ONE thing being (allegedly) so far out of whack.

Tecmos Deception
02-16-2014, 02:15 PM
I give up on a video game because life is more important. I rather hang with friends, ride motorcycle, fishing and working out then farming seafuries 40+ hours a week

Then gtfo already.

Tecmos Deception
02-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Now, what do they do? They buy Torpor for 100k and sell it for 105k. Then that 105k torpor gets bought and sold for 110k...you get the picture? I'm sure it's not hard to grasp.

So again, the moral of the story, especially for people who don't want to grind to farm, is to go get the spell directly. Wtf people? You're probably the same ones who complain about people farming items to sell to make plat, but you won't go out there and get the items yourself... i.e. you're helping create the high prices by increasing demand but not increasing supply.

Pint
02-16-2014, 02:24 PM
Torpor is crazy expensive but how can you really come in complaining about not being able to afford the best spell in game when you play 2-3 hrs a week tops

Kergan
02-16-2014, 02:27 PM
Should just come play on red. I've had a copy of torpor sitting in my bank waiting for me to level ever since I hit level 52. Praise the duke.

myriverse
02-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Supply doesn't change.
Demand doesn't change.
Greed changes.

webrunner5
02-16-2014, 02:30 PM
Acct trading rocked =x

What he said. :D

Tecmos Deception
02-16-2014, 02:31 PM
Supply doesn't change.
Demand doesn't change.
Greed changes.

Hippy.

rollin5k
02-16-2014, 02:50 PM
Supply changes : more or less torpor spells enter the world depending on how often they are looted
Demand changes : more or less people want to buy the spell torpor
Greed does not change : everyone is greedy

Conky
02-16-2014, 03:03 PM
Then gtfo already.

GTFO of your parents basement you fat ass...

dankzilla
02-16-2014, 03:11 PM
The spell price will go up even more come velious. Mobs that drop the spell are already killed so rarely and with the mass exodus to velious they will be killed even less.

Aaron
02-16-2014, 03:16 PM
I rather hang with friends, ride motorcycle, fishing and working out then farming seafuries 40+ hours a week.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Btw, your friends are virgin losers like you, your dirtbike won't make you cool, fishing is for fags, and you're weak.

BahamutDF
02-16-2014, 03:23 PM
http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120921164820/dragonage/images/thumb/2/2a/Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg/500px-Anchorman-well-that-escalated-quickly.jpg

Danth
02-16-2014, 03:24 PM
Not like it matters to a guy who plays 2-3 hours a week "at most." You don't make 60 with that kind of schedule. Guess some folks just want to argue.

Danth

Swish
02-16-2014, 03:30 PM
In summary: Don't pay the EC fat cats 150k, its more time efficient to farm it.

Took
02-16-2014, 03:35 PM
Or you could kill the mob that drops it.

Agree though server economy is fucked kunark for 3 years etc etc.

skorge
02-16-2014, 03:36 PM
a bunch of shams appeared suddenly

You are forgetting that torpor is a level 60 shaman spell. How do a bunch of level 60 shamans appear suddenly? Haha im just busting your chops man. I know what you are saying. There has a been a strong rise in shaman, but not all make it to level 60 before they get burnt out.

I do see where the OP is coming from. He probably remembers 8 months ago or so when they were going for 50k or less, which is actually possible for someone in his situation to afford. Now at 150k it's out of his reach, unless he gets lucky farming it himself...

I would actually go out on a limb and say that one of the reasons why there are so many shamans now is because they are so easy to level, because there are so many fungi tunics on the server as well as JBBs and the epic is MQ'able here and very cheap/easy compared to other epics.

One could even argue because of the above, Torpor's price is out of line because:
a) too many fungis on the server (making them affordable)
b) too many jbb's on the server (same)
c) shaman epic is mq'able (this is a whole other issue whether or not epics should be mq'able)

If they had kept the fungi drop rate super low, the chances of less level 60 shamans being on the server would more than likely be decreased, same holds true for jbb.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-16-2014, 04:05 PM
Supply doesn't change.
Demand doesn't change.
Greed changes.

War, war never changes?

HeallunRumblebelly
02-16-2014, 04:06 PM
War, war never changes?

Also, Tupac was also known for his Changes.

dankzilla
02-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Torpor was always expensive as fuck on live. Granted i played later in the games cycle, but I remember most people were unable to afford the spell or Malo for that matter whose price was similarly high.

Its an amazing spell and its price reflects that. If people did not pay the high price it would not be sold for upwards of 150k. Either way I'm glad i invested my platinum in shaman spells before i took nearly a year off from this game, because i saw the trend off the spell rising in price and knew it would continue to rise in price and it will be selling for 200k in no time

coki
02-16-2014, 04:37 PM
In summary: Don't pay the EC fat cats 150k, its more time efficient to farm it.

eskimospy
02-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Torpor was always expensive as fuck on live.

Torpor expensive? completely vlasic

Liia
02-16-2014, 04:52 PM
A year and a half ago I wasn't even able to sell Torpor for 30k. I even had 2 copies and no one was buying them. I think I had to sell for less than 30k. Emmisary of Thule on the other hand is pretty much the same price.

dankzilla
02-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Everyone leveling AoE in Chardok now. I bet that stave of shielding went for a much higher price too than it does today.

Guess what spell doesn't drop in Chardok AoE groups. There are also way fewer necromancers compared to people who have shaman.

dbouya
02-16-2014, 05:26 PM
I think inflation might be worse than it was back in 2000 because there are less bad players and there are perfect wiki's now. Inflation was always a problem in EQ, this server's unique take on EQ has likely made inflation worse, but neither verdant nor sony had any solution and we probably won't either. HOWEVER there is also DEFLATION on somethings to! Back in 1999 people actually bought and used well balanced weapons. Think about that.

fadetree
02-16-2014, 07:10 PM
Are people buying the spell at 150k?
Yes - the economy is not out of whack, and the price will stay the same or go up.
No - the economy is not out of whack, and the price will come down.

Either way, the economy is just what it is. Its not an opinion, it's just the facts.

Pint
02-16-2014, 07:19 PM
oh btw wts torpor pm me

hatelore
02-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Anyone that complains about pp on this server must not have played on live. It is so much easier on p99 to get pp then it was on live, not to mention kunark has been out on p99 for how many years? I play melees and have zero issues farming pp, I can only imagine how easy it is for casters such as shamans,encs etc.

Conky
02-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Pics or it didn't happen.

Btw, your friends are virgin losers like you, your dirtbike won't make you cool, fishing is for fags, and you're weak.

lol, ok troll boy, Im sure your such a cool guy, working on your 7-8th 50+ character, you would know a lot about being a weak virgin fag.

Aaron
02-16-2014, 09:00 PM
*you're

As in, "you're so mad."

Tongpow
02-16-2014, 09:10 PM
*you're

As in, "you're so mad."

http://img.pandawhale.com/27476-Al-Bundy-laughing-gif-Io98.gif

Bazia
02-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Do EMP in Sebilis, I've seen it drop numerous times on the red server where I grouped in Seb with my guild every other day.

Saw like 3 in 1 month visitng emp for a few hours every week. Not that difficult.

P.S. - ZOMG guyz the best spell in the game cost 150k this is insane THIS SERVER IS BROKEN

P.S.S. - OP is a dumb crybaby

Conky
02-16-2014, 11:11 PM
Do EMP in Sebilis, I've seen it drop numerous times on the red server where I grouped in Seb with my guild every other day.

Saw like 3 in 1 month visitng emp for a few hours every week. Not that difficult.

P.S. - ZOMG guyz the best spell in the game cost 150k this is insane THIS SERVER IS BROKEN

P.S.S. - OP is a dumb crybaby

Another guy with 2000+ posts that spends his life in this game, like I said before my play time is an hour tops 2-3 times a week, not crying simply stating this server is only meant for people who wanna live in this game 24/7.

Clark
02-16-2014, 11:26 PM
I won Torpor off Emperor back when I used to do Crypt a year ago.

rollin5k
02-16-2014, 11:31 PM
that's how this game was designed, this server is very classic.
if you don't like it try ez server.

Daldaen
02-16-2014, 11:36 PM
I won Torpor off Emperor back when I used to do Crypt a year ago.

Isn't torpor only a 2-3% chance drop off Emp / guardian wurms / prot?

jaybone
02-16-2014, 11:48 PM
Another guy with 2000+ posts that spends his life in this game, like I said before my play time is an hour tops 2-3 times a week, not crying simply stating this server is only meant for people who wanna live in this game 24/7.

Byrjun
02-17-2014, 12:20 AM
I understand some of you stating to "just got get it yourself." That's not the point he is trying to make. The point is this: Torpor was going for 50k or less, less than 12 months ago...even 50k was considered high! Now it's 150k...it's disgusting, IMO.

Bullshit alert! I paid 90k a year ago and like I said it took me a month to even find a seller. People were trying to tell me 120k+ back then.

There's more plat in the economy now. Prices of items have gone up in a year. That's how the economy works.

Torpor was NEVER worth more than a fungi until a few months ago.

Around the time I paid 90k for Torpor, Fungis were about 65k. You either have an even shittier memory than I do, or you have some sort of agenda.

Neno
02-17-2014, 01:54 AM

The play style and time investment needed to succeeded in this game is a thing of the past in terms of MMOs. I'm not saying don't play here but you might want to look into some other alternative. It isn't even that you only play 2 - 3 hours a week but that your session time is only 1 hour. A single 3 hour session once a week would be way more beneficial and doable.

I've only recently started playing again after about 3 years and unlike my 09-11 play days I don't have the time to sit down like I used to. I quickly made peace with the fact that some shit is either just going to be out of my reach entirely (epic) or take a long ass time to acquire (lvl 60). My advice to you is just forget the spell even exists. You can still be a good shaman in groups and solo without it. Also try to find a way to bump your session time up even if it means lowering the amount of days per week you can play.

Clark
02-17-2014, 02:29 AM
Anyone that complains about pp on this server must not have played on live. It is so much easier on p99 to get pp then it was on live, not to mention kunark has been out on p99 for how many years?

kenzar
02-17-2014, 02:30 AM
I made 120k in one, 4 hours play session yesterday at fungi king. 150k is not hard to make, you are just playing wrong.

Bazia
02-17-2014, 02:37 AM
guys OP is gonna quit he found out his level 14 shaman can't afford torpor

skorge
02-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Bullshit alert! I paid 90k a year ago and like I said it took me a month to even find a seller. People were trying to tell me 120k+ back then.

He said bullshit alert. Search is a wonderful thing. Took me 1 minute to find this link:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99421&highlight=torpor

Apparently Torpor was going for 40k less than a year ago, all the time back then, according to a comment.

Asap
02-17-2014, 08:43 AM
How is this not in RnF yet lol

Asap
02-17-2014, 08:46 AM
People were trying to tell me 120k+ back then.
You either have an even shittier memory than I do

Exactly 1 year ago, posted by Byrjun

Originally Posted by Byrjun View Post
Fyi, this guy is trying to get 70k for a spell. It sells for 40k all the time lately (including twice today at least).

CharlesBarkley
02-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Supply doesn't change.
Demand doesn't change.
Greed changes.

How long have you been waiting to post that little bundle of wisdom you turbonerd

Daldaen
02-17-2014, 10:06 AM
I made 120k in one, 4 hours play session yesterday at fungi king. 150k is not hard to make, you are just playing wrong.

That's just a roll of the dice though. You easily could've made 0 in that time with no spore king spawns.

I could make 100k in 2 minutes by getting a SBC to drop on my first root rot kill in Sebilis... Doesn't mean that's a reasonable or reliable means of making cash.

whitebandit
02-17-2014, 10:07 AM
lol, life and video games are 2 different things but looking at your post count it looks like you decided to stop playing life not me, I give up on a video game because life is more important. I rather hang with friends, ride motorcycle, fishing and working out then farming seafuries 40+ hours a week. Its funny all the guys with 3000+ posts are saying shit like this, my play time is an hour tops 2-3 times a week I dont have time to raid or set up groups to farm for torpor.

seriously dude.. gtfo..

go lift some more bro.. quit expecting end game shit if you barely even fucking play the game? you probably spend more time of the forums than you claim to spend in game.... what the fuck is that shit?

Nirgon
02-17-2014, 10:23 AM
OP needs to praise the Duke

Kergan
02-17-2014, 10:54 AM
We destroyed 2 copies of torpor yesterday because the torpor scroll guild banker was full with 16 bags full of torpor scrolls. :\

Praise the duke.

hatelore
02-17-2014, 03:01 PM
I whiped my ass this morning with 3 (count them) torpor scrolls.

And then because OSHA demands it I dried my hands with a few copies of vog scrolls.

fishingme
02-19-2014, 01:13 AM

There's more plat in the economy now. Prices of items have gone up in a year. That's how the economy works.

Around the time I paid 90k for Torpor, Fungis were about 65k. You either have an even shittier memory than I do, or you have some sort of agenda.

False, I made my shaman in late July and torpor was still only at 30 to 35k. Anyways,you can't just group and get the spell anymore because its no longer a need before greed game, everybody rolls on class specific spells when they aren't said class. If you're someone who can't dedicate 6 to 8 or more hours a day to play the game the chances of gettingor making a group for crypt is even less.

BahamutDF
02-19-2014, 01:14 AM
Lets see if we can fix it.

WTB Torpor 1k.

Polyphemous
02-19-2014, 09:20 AM

Velious was launched in less than a year after Kunark was released in classic EQ. On P99, Kunark has been out now, for what 3 years with no Velious? What blows my mind is the devs never took any precautions to adjust the server's economy/market to make up for this HUGE, UNREALISTIC gap between expansions.

The least they could have done was make legendary items MUCH rarer - items such as the fungi tunic, for example. Remember when they were ultra rare here? It should have stayed that way. I actually suggested this a long time ago - but nope.

You can't even compare classic server economy vs project 1999's - it's that bad. My only thought process is that maybe the devs think the economy is such a small part of rebuilding that classic EQ experience that they simply did not think about the server's economy/market?

I don't think you understand economics or classic EQ inflation. Huge amounts of inflation is classic, and has nothing whatsoever to do with expansions unless there was some expansion where effective money sinks were added. People who have been playing for a long time build up huge cash reserves, then give it to other players for stuff they want, and the cycle continues, with more cash being built up the more mobs are killed and the more stuff is vendored.

What does changing drop rates on fungi have to do with anything? It is selling for 100k if you can even find it for sale.

Supply doesn't change.
Demand doesn't change.
Greed changes.

You are 0 for 3.

Yes, supply and demand do change. This is why it is often referred to as a supply and demand curve rather than a supply and demand point in space.

Greed doesn't change, it has been pretty much constant throughout all of recorded human history.

radditsu
02-19-2014, 09:25 AM
RIGHTEOUS INDIGNATION!!!!!!!!

Tecmos Deception
02-19-2014, 09:44 AM
everybody rolls on class specific spells when they aren't said class. If you're someone who can't dedicate 6 to 8 or more hours a day to play the game the chances of gettingor making a group for crypt is even less.

Greed looting is the only way to be fair to everyone involved, all the time.

And lol at thinking you need to play the game like a second job in order to get a crypt group.

Swish
02-19-2014, 11:14 AM
Tecmos I believe the Pantheon cash grab/XP pot thing has changed your forum persona :p

imajester
02-19-2014, 02:32 PM

It isn't a 'sink' unless the plat is destroyed. This is just a plat transfer.

baalzy
02-19-2014, 02:47 PM
It isn't a 'sink' unless the plat is destroyed. This is just a plat transfer.

Correct. The only 'sinks' in this game are item recharges, hate/sky port stones, tinkerer bags, certain elements of crafting, gem components for spells, some quests (350p for jboots) and to a very very minor extent, food/beverages/bandages/arrows from merchants.

Luclin added horses which were a big potential plat sink (10k-100k) but just like tinkerer bags they, only needed to be purchased so many times before people didn't need them anymore and the inflation continued.

The problem is the fact that I can make 5k pp in pure vendor generated cash in 1-3 hours at Seafury island and once I've bought enough tinkerer bags for all my chars that pp can be injected directly into the economy again.

Artaenc
02-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Again, shit's classic.

Sirken?

Tecmos Deception
02-19-2014, 06:10 PM
Tecmos I believe the Pantheon cash grab/XP pot thing has changed your forum persona :p

How do you mean? I've always been a greed roll kinda guy unless in guild groups (even this is only sometimes - early A-Team especially was pretty much greed rolls in guild groups) or on minor items (you shoulda been playing with my, Sadre - froglok bonecaster robe counts as a minor item).

Tecmos Deception
02-19-2014, 06:12 PM
The problem is the fact that I can make 5k pp in pure vendor generated cash in 1-3 hours at Seafury island and once I've bought enough tinkerer bags for all my chars that pp can be injected directly into the economy again.

Is that true? It had been a looooonnnggg time since I killed any seafuries, but when I was killing gornit for my buddy's mage a week or two ago we also smoked some seafuries between spawns and I think we only saw 1 or 2 decent vendor items (and no more than like 5-10pp per kill coin?) in 12-15 kills. I assumed their drops had been nerfed since I last did them in late classic/early kunark.

Rhambuk
02-19-2014, 08:14 PM
Is that true? It had been a looooonnnggg time since I killed any seafuries,

Same but i do remember pulling in a few K within a few hours.

My mage friend would earthpet while I played Rogue pet, mainly so I could get free exp and he could get faster cash. To make it easier i would just loot everything and sell in ec after. If you can get the whole island or nonstop furies you can make BANK here.

baalzy
02-19-2014, 08:21 PM
Is that true? It had been a looooonnnggg time since I killed any seafuries, but when I was killing gornit for my buddy's mage a week or two ago we also smoked some seafuries between spawns and I think we only saw 1 or 2 decent vendor items (and no more than like 5-10pp per kill coin?) in 12-15 kills. I assumed their drops had been nerfed since I last did them in late classic/early kunark.

I did them for the first time on Sunday, maybe I just got lucky on drops? I was getting a 'good' drop probably 3 out of 5 kills. Good drop being fire emeralds which are like 70p?

I also got pretty lucky in that I didn't have toooo much competition. Although it got annoying whenever there was more than 1 shaman around. Freaking dudes taking 10 min to kill using only epic click and rooting 4 at a time. However, once repops began I'd just snag 3 of em and burn them down so fast the shaman got demoralized and logged within 20min.

baalzy
02-19-2014, 08:21 PM
I did them for the first time on Sunday, maybe I just got lucky on drops? I was getting a 'good' drop probably 3 out of 5 kills. Good drop being at least fire emeralds which are like 70p? But i got a good number of sapphire necklaces & the crowns which sell for 170+

I also got pretty lucky in that I didn't have toooo much competition. Although it got annoying whenever there was more than 1 shaman around. Freaking dudes taking 10 min to kill using only epic click and rooting 4 at a time. However, once repops began I'd just snag 3 of em and burn them down so fast the shaman got demoralized and logged within 20min.

dbouya
02-19-2014, 09:03 PM
the reason the devs aren't addressing it is because there is no way to address it. a flawed economy that has lots of negatives is classic. inflation of the value of plat, deflation of the value of non-end-game drops. brad didn't design enough money sinks and so we aren't getting them either, simple as that.

fishingme
02-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Greed looting is the only way to be fair to everyone involved, all the time.

And lol at thinking you need to play the game like a second job in order to get a crypt group.

Not fair when it's a spell, suppose im just far too classic in my mindset for this server.

When I was actively LFG in old seb, on either my cleric, my shaman, or my rogue playing the game like it's a second job to get into a crypt group was the only way. I've pushed more than 6 55+ through seb during varying times since kunark has been out and it's changed a bit in there. Mind you, my information may be a bit old compared to now, last time I LFGed for seb was probably more than a few months ago; But it was 95% of the time guild groups that were hounding crypt all the time.

Orruar
02-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Is that true? It had been a looooonnnggg time since I killed any seafuries

I used to make about 1k/hr steadily only clearing 3 of the (8-10?) spawn points.