PDA

View Full Version : Can you see your own petition threads in the petition forums?

Portasaurus
01-08-2014, 01:40 PM
I just spent a long time typing up a long petition and then right before I was going to submit it, I lost my balance whilst sitting in a chair and fell onto my keyboard. I'm fucking serious.

When I looked up, I was staring at a blank petition form and I'm not sure if I somehow ended up clicking the submit button, or if I just cleared out the text and lost 30 minutes of typing, but the my petition forum is empty and now I'm wondering: Are you supposed to be able to see your own petition threads in the petition forums, or do they just go off into the ether?

JerSar
01-08-2014, 01:44 PM
Yes you are. If the petition has been resolved it moved to Resolved Petition area that's nested in the petition area.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 01:44 PM
I just spent a long time typing up a long petition and then right before I was going to submit it, I lost my balance whilst sitting in a chair and fell onto my keyboard. I'm fucking serious.

When I looked up, I was staring at a blank petition form and I'm not sure if I somehow ended up clicking the submit button, or if I just cleared out the text and lost 30 minutes of typing, but the my petition forum is empty and now I'm wondering: Are you supposed to be able to see your own petition threads in the petition forums, or do they just go off into the ether?

I can see it and it's got your gibberish keyboard face smash at the end... hilarious.

Portasaurus
01-08-2014, 01:53 PM
I can see it and it's got your gibberish keyboard face smash at the end... hilarious.

When I go to the petition forum i just see "There are no posts in this forum."

Should I be able to see my own petitions?

I'm getting conflicting info... Autotune (a guide?) says he can see it so I assume i DID somehow hit the submit button, but I cannot see it myself.

Anyway the last thing I wanted to do was add a screenshot to that petition, but I can't see it to edit it. Should I make a new petition one with the screenshot?

Autotune
01-08-2014, 01:54 PM

I'm getting conflicting info... Autotune (a guide?) says he can see it so I assume i DID somehow hit the submit button, but I cannot see it myself.

Anyway the last thing I wanted to do was add a screenshot to that petition, but I can't see it to edit it. Should I make a new petition one with the screenshot?

you can't edit in petition forums anyhow.

Just make a new post with the screenshot and hold the keyboard face smashing this time.

Derubael
01-08-2014, 01:56 PM
Oh man. autotune is NOT a member of the project 1999 staff. I don't even think he wants to be.

Yes, you can see your petition threads once they have been submitted. Only you and the staff can see them.

JerSar
01-08-2014, 01:58 PM

I don't think Autotune is a guide?

Edit: D beat me to it.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 01:59 PM
Oh man. autotune is NOT a member of the project 1999 staff. I don't even think he wants to be.

Yes, you can see your petition threads once they have been submitted. Only you and the staff can see them.

I'd just like to point out that I was not pretending to be a staff member, just messing with him.

I like my forum account how it is atm.

Rogean
01-08-2014, 01:59 PM
I can see it

Isn't staff impersonation a bannable offense?

Eunomia
01-08-2014, 02:00 PM
Autotune (a guide?)

No...not yet anyway.

It's not there Portasaurus. Please try again. Hope you didn't hurt yourself. Petitions can be dangerous!

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 02:02 PM

awww he just came back!

Autotune
01-08-2014, 02:04 PM

I knew I was playing with fire, lol.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 02:08 PM
awww he just came back!

Thanks for the feels, if I die here today, please tell everyone I went out with a smile on my face.... my trollface!

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 02:08 PM
That line will be my sig!

Portasaurus
01-08-2014, 02:12 PM
I knew I was playing with fire, lol.

OK so I have learned two things from this:

1. If I don't see my message in the petition forums, then it didn't go through. While falling, I must have managed to hit Control+A to select all the text and then some other key to wipe everything out. (dammit!)

2. This AutoTune guy cannot be trusted.

Autotune
01-08-2014, 02:15 PM

1. If I don't see my message in the petition forums, then it didn't go through. While falling, I must have managed to hit Control+A to select all the text and then some other key to wipe everything out. (dammit!)

Quite possibly the best lesson one can learn on the Project 1999 forums.

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 02:16 PM

He can be, you just need to get to know him to tell when hes being serious or not. like most of the trolls around here, self included.

also how did you lose your balance and fall in a chair? spinning? rocking back and forth? if you hit your keyboard im guessing you fell forward? not to laugh at or make fun of im just actually wondering how it happened

Ele
01-08-2014, 02:17 PM
For the future, if you are going to spend 30 minutes typing out a forum post, prepare it in a word document first (and save often), then cut and paste into your browser.

Portasaurus
01-08-2014, 02:23 PM
He can be, you just need to get to know him to tell when hes being serious or not. like most of the trolls around here, self included.

also how did you lose your balance and fall in a chair? spinning? rocking back and forth? if you hit your keyboard im guessing you fell forward? not to laugh at or make fun of im just actually wondering how it happened

Haha yes all in good fun! This brought me many LOLs.

I sit indian-style on chairs and while adjusting position my leg fell out from under me, my whole body fell down a half an inch, I lost my balance and my left hand hit all sorts of keys.

But really I blame space weather.

Rhambuk
01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Haha yes all in good fun! This brought me many LOLs.

I sit indian-style on chairs and while adjusting position my leg fell out from under me, my whole body fell down a half an inch, I lost my balance and my left hand hit all sorts of keys.

But really I blame space weather.

ahh okay, I sit indian style as well but im on a couch so no rocking nice n solid hehe

Derubael
01-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Quite possibly the best lesson one can learn on the Project 1999 forums.

^

For the future, if you are going to spend 30 minutes typing out a forum post, prepare it in a word document first (and save often), then cut and paste into your browser.

Lol, ele, it sounds like you speak from experience. Lost a few bug reports to /facekeyboard's?

radditsu
01-08-2014, 02:27 PM
Can I be a guide?

Autotune
01-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Can I be a guide?

We don't know... can you?

radditsu
01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
My body is ready (fat)

Autotune
01-08-2014, 02:32 PM
My body is ready (fat)

Calling server staff fat isn't a great way to be invited into the club.

radditsu
01-08-2014, 02:34 PM
I need to be fat to do it. Others may need to be skinny. I don't know or own them.