PDA

View Full Version : All Players are Raid Suspended Until Further Notice

Pages : [1] 2

Sirken
01-03-2014, 02:25 AM
~checks watch~

Well it’s about that time little birds.

Sadly since no agreement was reached, and since no talks are currently in place, I am raid suspending all guilds, and all players, from ALL raid targets and ALL raid zones.

Until further notice anyone who touches a raid mob (VP Dragons, Trak, VS, CT, Draco, Inny, Maestro, Gore, Fay, Tal, Sev, Noble, OoA, Naggy, Vox, Phinny, Ragefire, Planar Trash, or anything else I forgot) or enters into Plane of Sky, Plane of Hate, Plane of Fear, or Veeshan’s Peak, will be banned until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, until the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Only Then you shall return and continue playing should you break these rules.

http://www.kancelaria.info.kalisz.pl/Temidy/6129lady_of_justice.jpg

Sirken
01-03-2014, 02:26 AM
for anyone that missed original,

Hi everyone!

just a friendly neighborhood reminder from your Lead CSR GM, that i will be raid suspending all guilds from all raid targets if an agreement has not been reached by the end of TMOs raid suspension on January 2nd.

this should serve as enough incentive to motivate all the guilds into reaching a fair agreement in a timely manner.

<3
Sirken

http://cmsny.org/wp-content/uploads/lady-liberty-scales-of-justice-h-1000.jpg

Autotune
01-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Sirken, I miss you on IRC

*still first* lmao

Ele
01-03-2014, 02:30 AM
'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

Mac Dretti
01-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Can we do pickup raids? 80 man vox and /random here I come!!

CRASSIC

Autotune
01-03-2014, 02:32 AM
Can we do pickup raids? 80 man vox and /random here I come!!

CRASSIC

80 man ban squad

Redstars
Grats TMO =)

Pheer
Im assuming ragefire falls under the "anything else you forgot" section?

Oleris
Any idea how a vote will take place and how it will be decided on what proposal?

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 02:33 AM
ruh roh

Autotune
01-03-2014, 02:33 AM
Im assuming ragefire falls under the "anything else you forgot" section?

Yes.

The only questionable "raid" target that was never mentioned was Phinny. I'd ask before I even went and touched him too, but considering he's about as hard as the fire giants who are groupable, I'd say he's fair game.

Nocsucow
01-03-2014, 02:34 AM
kinda knew this was gonna happen.... you "hardcore" players SUCK ASS

doraf
01-03-2014, 02:35 AM
I'm in no hurry to raid. My wife misses my cock. Gnite guys. :)

Tasslehofp99
01-03-2014, 02:35 AM
time to buy rust

Byrjun
01-03-2014, 02:36 AM
Yes.

The only questionable "raid" target that was never mentioned was Phinny. I'd ask before I even went and touched him too, but considering he's about as hard as the fire giants who are groupable, I'd say he's fair game.

I'm curious how Ragefire isn't questionable when it can be duoed pretty easily.

Edit: also planes trash, which can be soloed.

doraf

Edit - DORAF

Autotune
I'm in no hurry to raid. My wife misses my. Gnite guys. :)

I'd be really careful poking that bear and this isn't a troll or a jab.

DatFurai
NWO, depopulation...

Sirken
01-03-2014, 02:37 AM
Yes.

added phinny and ragefire, ty

Autotune

I remember seeing it added by sirken in another post.

-Catherin-
Someone update whokilledit.com ...we just killed the server!

Autotune

NP.

Should add Master Yael imo as well, he does DT ( i think that should qualify him )

doraf
01-03-2014, 02:39 AM
I bet she misses mine as well.

Nah, she doesn't consider digging through a pile of pubic hairs with a pair of tweezers and a magnifying glass foreplay.

Pheer
01-03-2014, 02:40 AM

Yeah and in another thread he pretty much said whichever staff were present at the time just kind of decided together on it arbitrarily, so I wasn't sure if they decided to okay it now or if he just forgot to list it. So please dont go around speaking for the gms just "cause you saw a post somewhere"

Byrjun

Still curious how a mob that can be killed easily by two people qualifies as raid content.

AexDestroy
http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/Your+_9459c137c2b3f345fca7598402655cd5.jpg

Autotune
01-03-2014, 02:41 AM
Yeah and in another thread he pretty much said whichever staff were present at the time just kind of decided together on it arbitrarily, so I wasn't sure if they decided to okay it now or if he just forgot to list it. So please dont go around speaking for the gms just "cause you saw a post somewhere"

Sirken was pretty clear he wasn't going to allow anything questionable when people started spouting off things that were "questionable".

Perhaps you don't understand the goal of this punishment clearly.

Mezzmur
01-03-2014, 02:42 AM
May we remove characters that were parked in those zones before this hit?

Petition or Ask a GM, I asked for my monk to be moved out of VP earlier today.

CodyF86
01-03-2014, 02:44 AM
Someone update whokilledit.com ...we just killed the server!

We got 99 problems but raid merbs ain't one.. :D

Time for a lvl 40 alt assault on some cliff golems. hehe

Aaradin
The A-Team

Reguiy
01-03-2014, 02:44 AM
We might be sad now, but man, when we're unleashed on a server that's fully popped, it'll feel so good. It'll be like the first time you lost your virginity, so most of you may need to use your imagination.

Autotune
01-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Still curious how a mob that can be killed easily by two people qualifies as raid content.

draco has been killed with a single group, still considered raid content.

Eloian
01-03-2014, 02:45 AM
Yael, Ixi?

Eloian Bushlover (Push push in da bush, push push in da bush)
57 Ranger <BDA>

Hetjan
01-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Mind changing the server /motd so that someone doesn't make the mistake of going after something considered raid only to get bap'd...

I rarely read the forums they don't make for my kind of entertainment. Was pushed here by a random GM message in game just now... heh

-Catherin-
01-03-2014, 02:46 AM
We should make a bunch of level 1s and swarm crushbone

Autotune
01-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Yael, Ixi?

Eloian Bushlover (Push push in da bush, push push in da bush)
57 Ranger <BDA>

I would stay away from both until you know for sure.

Yael DT's and Ixi drops a CoF (raid gear)

Ataxio
01-03-2014, 02:49 AM
Oh my god now I'll never get my epic.. oh wait......

Grimfan
01-03-2014, 02:50 AM
We should make a bunch of level 1s and swarm crushbone

There's already a rotation on Emperor Crush between Knights Who Say Ni and Evil Empire, you better get in line. FBI is the only tier 1 guild though, they've got Ambassador DVinn on lockdown.

Nocsucow
01-03-2014, 02:51 AM
hope it stays like this for months ... maybe you fuckers will go outside and discover a life and then the toxic trash will be gone off the server

Millburn
01-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Time to learn to enjoy the game a different way in the time being. I've picked up a streamer who has been playing P99 each day for a few hours. I'll pop over to where he's parked, get some stream viewers involved and keep them buffed up and pull big hard mobs for them to loot pinata on while they do their XP grinding. It's been probably the most rewarding experience I've had on this server yet.

www.twitch.tv/stargazer775 is his twitch link btw. They're short 4 or so hour sessions when he gets on, but the dude has the classic attitude down pat. Which we need more of if you ask me, prolly why we're in this mess to begin with.

Eloian
01-03-2014, 02:54 AM
I would stay away from both until you know for sure.

Yael DT's and Ixi drops a CoF (raid gear)

Oh I wouldn't think of it. Just bringing them up so people will be clear. Gonna be lots of alts grinding it out. Noobs is good fun.

Eloian Bushlover (If you see lightning shooting out of the bush just ignore it and keep going, it's better for everyone)
57 Ranger <BDA>

Mac Dretti
01-03-2014, 02:58 AM
Can't raid on blue

Can't pvp on red

Level alts

Pheer
01-03-2014, 02:58 AM
Sirken was pretty clear he wasn't going to allow anything questionable when people started spouting off things that were "questionable".

Perhaps you don't understand the goal of this punishment clearly.

Yeah Im such an asshole who doesn't understand the situation because I wanted to make an absolute clarification on it straight from a gm, fuck me right?

Millburn
01-03-2014, 03:00 AM
Yeah Im such an asshole who doesn't understand the situation because I wanted to make an absolute clarification on it straight from a gm, fuck me right?

This is the exact attitude that got us in this situation though. So yes, yes to whatever you said. Stop with the rules lawyering, with the clarifications, the GM assistance. Honor the spirit of the rules, the spirit of the game, and play nice with people. It's not a difficult thing to understand.

It's not just you though man, it's a ton of people who have this attitude ingrained into their play style. Burn it out with fire.

Tann
01-03-2014, 03:02 AM
“Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

Pheer
01-03-2014, 03:03 AM
This is the exact attitude that got us in this situation though. So yes, yes to whatever you said. Stop with the rules lawyering, with the clarifications, the GM assistance. Honor the spirit of the rules, the spirit of the game, and play nice with people. It's not a difficult thing to understand.

It's not just you though man, it's a ton of people who have this attitude ingrained into their play style. Burn it out with fire.

Are you serious right now? I asked for clarification to make sure a mob he forgot to list was still falling under this raid suspension so that means I have some kind of dishonorable elitist rule lawyering attitude? You can put your pitchfork away psycho.

Lazie
01-03-2014, 03:04 AM

Edit: also planes trash, which can be soloed.

How are you gonna kill Ragefire with Naggy up ? Just wondering.

Millburn
01-03-2014, 03:06 AM
Are you serious right now? I asked for clarification to make sure a mob he forgot to list was still falling under this raid suspension so that means I have some kind of dishonorable elitist rule lawyering attitude? You can put your pitchfork away psycho.

Go re-read what Sirken wrote man, it accounts for all the stuff he forgot as well. All I'm trying to say here is that you guys don't need to rules lawyer everything. Just honor the spirit of the ruling, and the spirit of the game. Play nice with people and this kinda stuff won't happen. Also chill the heck out, you're in-bound for an aneurysm at that rate.

oddibemcd
01-03-2014, 03:09 AM
If this goes on for a week, does the lvl 44 fella running excitedly to his first KC group in 13 years get banned when the she-devil of Dreadlands lays waste to him?

Might be a good idea to despawn the outdoor dragons if there's no agreement reached by then.

Kagatob
01-03-2014, 03:09 AM
Should the stuff in Kithicor be added?

Autotune
01-03-2014, 03:11 AM

If you knew he forgot it, why in the world did you get upset about me answering yes?

You even seen the same posts that I did.

Nocsucow
01-03-2014, 03:12 AM
i just wanna say to all you people who has caused this government shut down ... you people are pathetic specially you people who have 4th alts with VP gear .. i know several people who has been on this server for 3 years and STILL DONT HAVE A FUCKING LVL 60 and they still log on and play for FUN every goddamn day. hope you no lifers never get to raid again you buncha nizzar's

Pheer
01-03-2014, 03:12 AM
Go re-read what Sirken wrote man, it accounts for all the stuff he forgot as well. All I'm trying to say here is that you guys don't need to rules lawyer everything. Just honor the spirit of the ruling, and the spirit of the game. Play nice with people and this kinda stuff won't happen. Also chill the heck out, you're in-bound for an aneurysm at that rate.

How is making sure he just forgot to list a mob rules lawyering/breaking the spirit of the game? Are you even listening to yourself? And what do you mean by "this kinda stuff" wont happen? Sirken wont forget to list a mob in a raid suspension thread if I'm kind to people?

Lets be real here, you're not some crusader against the evil players of p99, you're just someone who really loves an excuse to get up on his soapbox.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 03:13 AM

Add miragul and verina tomb and that one due in "the hole"

Sadre Spinegnawer
01-03-2014, 03:16 AM
'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.
'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44524773.jpg

Millburn
01-03-2014, 03:16 AM
How is making sure he just forgot to list a mob rules lawyering/breaking the spirit of the game? Are you even listening to yourself? And what do you mean by "this kinda stuff" wont happen? Sirken wont forget to list a mob in a raid suspension thread if I'm kind to people?

You know exactly what I'm talking about. We can leave the rest for RnF.

Winter
01-03-2014, 03:18 AM
this is why we can't raid, too busy fighting over something that doesn't matter and that isn't worth fighting over

let grow up. let stop over analyzing threads and what people are saying. stop fighting on these forums and let just play EQ and MUST OF ALL LET'S HAVE FUN

you guys made this bed we're force to lay in now lay down and shut up

Eloian
01-03-2014, 03:18 AM
Should the stuff in Kithicor be added?

They completely slipped my mind. Probably so.

Eloian Bushlover (This one time, at Ranger Camp, I shoved a Jagged Pine Crook up my ass and totally got off)
57 Ranger <BDA>

Hinshi Budou
01-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Rogean, Sirken, Derubael... you guys rule <3

Rule with an Iron Fist!!

Byrjun
01-03-2014, 03:29 AM
If you guys are looking for positive news, looks like Outkast will be kicking off a reunion tour by headlining Coachella this April.

Buriedpast
01-03-2014, 03:34 AM
Can we zone out characters out of VP?

Winter
01-03-2014, 03:36 AM
Can we zone out characters out of VP?

I'd petition before going in

Barnes

Haha Go Doraf!

Aeaolena
http://imgur.com/TkRmgMX.gif

Autotune
01-03-2014, 03:38 AM
http://imgur.com/TkRmgMX.gif

I really hope they make it so she shouts, "DING!" after killing players.

phacemeltar
01-03-2014, 03:38 AM
banhammer is new raid boss?

bOONDOGGLE
01-03-2014, 03:39 AM
HAH!

YOU GOT KNOCKED DA FUCK OUT, YOU GREEDY GUILDS!

r0xx0r
01-03-2014, 03:39 AM
just my 2cp here- since there are lots who are just coming up here, does this mean because a handful of guilds that are fighting over the raiding schedule/agreement that even upcoming guilds and players will now miss out on some of their epics, raids, etc. ?

I see lots of posts about TMO, FE, IB, etc. (even more names if i go back further) but by locking everyone out of it now doesn't that mean that those who've farmed it for so long are still in term winning the battle by assuring they no longer have to sit at raid mobs to lock out other players? I know something had to be done but it just sucks that everyone not involved in this was punished.

jaybone
01-03-2014, 03:40 AM
im sure knix knows why the servers are down

Autotune
01-03-2014, 03:41 AM
just my 2cp here- since there are lots who are just coming up here, does this mean because a handful of guilds that are fighting over the raiding schedule/agreement that even upcoming guilds and players will now miss out on some of their epics, raids, etc. ?

I see lots of posts about TMO, FE, IB, etc. (even more names if i go back further) but by locking everyone out of it now doesn't that mean that those who've farmed it for so long are still in term winning the battle by assuring they no longer have to sit at raid mobs to lock out other players? I know something had to be done but it just sucks that everyone not involved in this was punished.

6(7) of 9 guilds have already agreed to one of the proposals. I imagine if things don't change within a few hours and guilds are still the same vote wise, those not in agreement will be asked to agree or continue to be raid suspended. I just don't see Rogean and crew holding everyone back (those guilds and the people without a voice) because of 2 guilds.

CodyF86
01-03-2014, 03:42 AM
I can only hope I'm the lucky lizard Gorenaire charms to grind out some xps
and get her nom noms on... :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

Autotune
01-03-2014, 03:43 AM
im sure knix knows why the servers are down

Rogean is updating it to fix Salty tears from disconnecting people.

Byrjun
01-03-2014, 03:43 AM
I'd petition before going in

They took the zone down so that's not even an option. Sirken broadcasted about sending him a tell or petitioning (I can't remember which) if you wanted your char moved out of VP.

Nocsucow
01-03-2014, 03:44 AM
6(7) of 9 guilds have already agreed to one of the proposals. I imagine if things don't change within a few hours and guilds are still the same vote wise, those not in agreement will be asked to agree or continue to be raid suspended. I just don't see Rogean and crew holding everyone back (those guilds and the people without a voice) because of 2 guilds.

shouldnt even be a shut down if its 7-9 this is not a murder trial i say treat it like SoA and majority votes wins slam the fucking gavel and get on with business.... BANN WHO DOES NOT COMPLY

s1ckness
01-03-2014, 03:44 AM
~checks watch~

Sadly since no agreement was reached, and since no talks are currently in place, I am raid suspending all guilds, and all players, from ALL raid targets and ALL raid zones.

Until further notice anyone who touches a raid mob (VP Dragons, Trak, VS, CT, Draco, Inny, Maestro, Gore, Fay, Tal, Sev, Noble, OoA, Naggy, Vox, Phinny, Ragefire, Planar Trash, or anything else I forgot) or enters into Plane of Sky, Plane of Hate, Plane of Fear, or Veeshan’s Peak, will be banned until the sun rises in the west and sets in the east, until the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves. Only Then you shall return and continue playing should you break these rules.

http://www.kancelaria.info.kalisz.pl/Temidy/6129lady_of_justice.jpg

Red Server All good bros and ready to slay dragons,

app here @ Reddawnguild.com

:)

Nocsucow
01-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Red Server All good bros and ready to slay dragons,

app here @ Reddawnguild.com

reds dead dude move on plz

Lord_Snow
01-03-2014, 03:46 AM

I don't even know about the drama, TMO did what who did what. If it has to do with mob timers then increase the timers for up coming guilds, You guys have one server and alot of people who wanna do the same thing on it. You should definatly have 2 servers.

Hinshi Budou
01-03-2014, 03:49 AM
I have not stopped laughing since I saw the broadcast of "You are all Raid Suspended Until Further Notice"

Pure gold...

Happy Rustled Jimmies New Year!

Fifield
01-03-2014, 03:53 AM
I don't even know about the drama, TMO did what who did what. If it has to do with mob timers then increase the timers for up coming guilds, You guys have one server and alot of people who wanna do the same thing on it. You should definatly have 2 servers.

2 servers would kill leveling for new players like myself. a 2nd server isnt happening

chickmagnet
01-03-2014, 03:58 AM
im thinking ol sirken shut down server so people would discuss on forums about the raiding situation, ive got an easy fix, open velious beta and the big guilds will transfer to beta server leaving all raid content to other n00bie guilds who are too lazy to camp or motivate members to track mobs....jus sayin

daebak
I have not stopped laughing since I saw the broadcast of "You are all Raid Suspended Until Further Notice"

Pure gold...

Happy Rustled Jimmies New Year!

I thought it was super funny too. It's really just so much fun to watch the drama on this server :)

Sadre Spinegnawer
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44525284.jpg

Clark
01-03-2014, 04:05 AM
hope it stays like this for months ...

Never let this guy do any negotiations :D

daebak
01-03-2014, 04:07 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oBECZGC.gif?1

bahahahaa

Ataxio
01-03-2014, 04:07 AM
classy

ppdanny
01-03-2014, 04:12 AM
If you're going to rule out epic mob kills (ragefire), you should include all epic mob kills that are not solo-able.. Ixiblatt, General vsargus (whatever his name his for rogue epic), brother z/q.. chardok royals, etc.

odiecat99
01-03-2014, 05:03 AM
This is complete garbage.

JayN
01-03-2014, 05:19 AM
Dragon loot prices on the rise wts CoF's!

HallygukRZ
01-03-2014, 05:24 AM
Glad I logged in Sky before I left for my Xmas Holidays :p

Back on sunday, hope we have found a solution til then. Most of the <Europa> officers are on Holiday.

Rogean
01-03-2014, 06:06 AM
For this particular raid suspension, triggered mobs are allowed to be killed by raid groups. Examples are Ixi Blat, Rogue Epic General (Do not raid kill the other dark elves though).

Ragefire is irrelevant because nagafen cannot be killed atm.

Morgander
01-03-2014, 06:10 AM
~checks watch~

With all due respect Sirken, isn't it inappropriate to instill this kind of policy on the entirety of the server? Not everyone should be held accountable for the actions of the guilds that could not come to an agreement within your allotted time frame.

I understand that this is your server, and I understand that we're playing here for free and I'm sure most of us appreciate everything that you guys do for us, but this project exists after all, because of us, not albeit us.

Without the fans, there is no P1999 community, and this in my opinion, everything else aside, is not an appropriate way to treat the community.

If the guilds that were meant to all be a part of this decision making process could not come to an agreement, then whichever guilds weren't willing to agree to any arrangement should be the ones who cannot raid, going forward.

I mean, I'm not even in a guild right now, but if I made one for example, with every intention of sharing at that, then it's not right for this rule to apply to those of us who weren't the culprits who refused to get along.

I've been calling out for fairness and a way for the guilds to share this content for quite some time now. I've even brought up raid rotations as something I felt fair and just. I just don't believe that this is in the best of taste to subjugate all of the community based on those who wouldn't share.

And mind you I'll reiterate here that I'm not even in a guild. None of my characters are, so I am not raiding either way. This is a statement of principle and nothing more.

Rupertox
01-03-2014, 06:12 AM
After this happened, ive got to spent time with my family, they seems to be cool people :)

mitic
01-03-2014, 06:22 AM
time to buy rust

get dayz, rust sucks

Sirken
01-03-2014, 06:37 AM
With all due respect Sirken, isn't it inappropriate to instill this kind of policy on the entirety of the server?
No.

Not everyone should be held accountable for the actions of the guilds that could not come to an agreement within your allotted time frame.
you are foolish if you think the raid scene is the way it is because of one or two guilds. the reason all the guilds were suspended is because we hold them all accountable for the current raiding environment.

I understand that this is your server, and I understand that we're playing here for free and I'm sure most of us appreciate everything that you guys do for us, but this project exists after all, because of us, not albeit us.
Without the fans, there is no P1999 community, and this in my opinion, everything else aside, is not an appropriate way to treat the community.
Correction, this server exists because Nilbog and Rogean wanted to see if they could make a truly classic EQ experience. and if other people had a want for classic EQ they were encouraged to try it out. if you think we owe you anything at all, you are mistaken.

If the guilds that were meant to all be a part of this decision making process could not come to an agreement, then whichever guilds weren't willing to agree to any arrangement should be the ones who cannot raid, going forward. I mean, I'm not even in a guild right now, but if I made one for example, with every intention of sharing at that, then it's not right for this rule to apply to those of us who weren't the culprits who refused to get along.
the casual raiding guilds agreed on one thing, the hardcore raiding guilds agreed on something else. that is by definition the epitome of disagreement. since you're not in a raiding guild, and probably have no idea whats been going on, i'll shed some light on it for you. the guilds have been instructed to reach an agreement that benefits all guilds both current and future. so far both sides have only made deals which benefit their own needs. the casual raiding guilds all agreed to go from 10% of all raid targets to 50% of all raid targets (OMG WAT A SHOCK DER), and the hardcore raiding guilds agreed to give up ~7 days a month. that is not even close to a fair agreement, and is no surprise that the hardcore guilds said no.

I've been calling out for fairness and a way for the guilds to share this content for quite some time now. I've even brought up raid rotations as something I felt fair and just. I just don't believe that this is in the best of taste to subjugate all of the community based on those who wouldn't share.
And mind you I'll reiterate here that I'm not even in a guild. None of my characters are, so I am not raiding either way. This is a statement of principle and nothing more.
there are fair ways to do it, thats about the only correct part of your post, and i believe there are two good proposals currently in the raid forum. and allow me to reiterate something as well, rotations are stupid. they remove every and all chance for competition/racing for mobs between guilds. if you want instances or triggered spawns there are tons of other MMOs out there like that. but the competition/racing for mobs aspect is one of the major things that set Classic EQ apart from other MMOs, and is here to stay in some fashion or another.

TLDR

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z244/Truetin/agent_smith_poses04.jpg

Oleris
01-03-2014, 06:39 AM
I just want to say thank you for doing this. Hopefully this will force cooperation and an agreement can be met that is fair to all, not just the top guilds.

edit: sounds like republicans vs democrats

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 06:45 AM
After this happened, ive got to spent time with my family, they seems to be cool people :)

+1 very nice.

Vyal
01-03-2014, 06:49 AM
there are fair ways to do it, thats about the only correct part of your post, and i believe there are two good proposals currently in the raid forum. and allow me to reiterate something as well, rotations are stupid. they remove every and all chance for competition/racing for mobs between guilds. if you want instances or triggered spawns there are tons of other MMOs out there like that. but the competition/racing for mobs aspect is one of the major things that set Classic EQ apart from other MMOs, and is here to stay in some fashion or another.

You say your trying to make it classic as it can be but no one would have been raid banned in REAL classic. Okay that said... Love the server and have for years and years.

I remember years & years back we did it like this: 20 people in zone to claim any raid mob if the raid forced dropped below 20 take a screenshot & claim the mob - simple...
If the raid wiped the other guilds would step aside and the guild that wiped would get something like 30 minutes to re-engage and if they wiped again they lost the mob.

Of course that can NEVER been done again since silly variance was added to mobs.
BTW Also not classic....

So just no offense but he made very valid points about this server and you contradicted yourself about 20 times trying to rebut him.

Anyways I hope you guys figure something out.

But Sirken I just don't get this comment
Correction, this server exists because Nilbog and Rogean wanted to see if they could make a truly classic EQ experience. and if other people had a want for classic EQ they were encouraged to try it out. if you think we owe you anything at all, you are mistaken.

truly classic EQ experience.

Good luck with that ;);););)

Swish
01-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Meanwhile...

http://i.imgur.com/hX8zg44.gif

odiecat99
01-03-2014, 06:55 AM
Sirken has the right attitude. They owe us nothing. Also I don't donate. So true story.

Autotune
01-03-2014, 07:08 AM
allow me to reiterate something as well, rotations are stupid. they remove every and all chance for competition/racing for mobs between guilds. if you want instances or triggered spawns there are tons of other MMOs out there like that. but the competition/racing for mobs aspect is one of the major things that set Classic EQ apart from other MMOs, and is here to stay in some fashion or another.

So can we throw away all that lock out nonsense and the 2 mob bag limit stuff on repops?

Repop days are about the only truly classic mob racing raiding done. Limiting it to 2 per guild means the same guilds are almost always going to go for the same 2 most valuable targets they can get with the least competition/headache.

Lockouts = rotation.

I wouldn't really give a shit if the entire server did a rotation ( or raid mobs just didn't spawn normally), as long as repops were often and they were FFA.

Sirken
01-03-2014, 07:08 AM

Good luck with that ;);););)

you're referring to rules that were created to deal with specific things that happened specifically on P99 and in the P99 raid scene. way to argue semantics, but fine i accept.

every server on EQLive had different tweaks and twists to their rule sets. some were rotation, some were FFA, some had a tier based system, some honored LNS, some did not, etc. P99 has variance, a feature that SoE did eventually add to some mobs. while its not classic for the time period we felt and still feel that it's a better alternative than 200 people sitting on trakanon's spawn spot.

and the content is closer to classic than anything else, and our dev team continues to work every day on fixing things that are proven to be classic.

and so i give you Project1999 a truly classic EQ experience

Autotune
01-03-2014, 07:12 AM
So can we throw away all that lock out nonsense and the 2 mob bag limit stuff on repops?

Repop days are about the only truly classic mob racing raiding done. Limiting it to 2 per guild means the same guilds are almost always going to go for the same 2 most valuable targets they can get with the least competition/headache.

Lockouts = rotation.

I wouldn't really give a shit if the entire server did a rotation ( or raid mobs just didn't spawn normally), as long as repops were often and they were FFA.

I can already see alts parked for repops...

blah, I don't even want to raid anymore.

Vyal
01-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Variance = it spawns at some retard hour of the day when either people are working or sleeping of course only the zerg guild who plays alot of EQ is going to get it.

Doing away with variance would be the first step in the right direction.
Since it was not classic to begin with...

It worked perfectly fine exactly how I explained it...

20 people in zone to claim a mob
If the force drops below 20 & the next guild has 20 in zone they screenshot it & then claim it...

Since more players now say 35 players to claim a mob.
They can all sit there from the first kill to the second kill or come up with a rotation no guild gets 2 kills in a row on certain mobs either way the next force still needs to keep raid force in zone.
& that won't work with variance.

It's simple, it works we know it does...

There is LOTS of competition that way & guild leaders can come together and figure out rotations if they want & if they don't you can't raid ban the entire server because it will still work - as long as dumb ass variance is removed.

Rupertox
01-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Variance = it spawns at some retard hour of the day when either people are working or sleeping of course only the zerg guild who plays alot of EQ is going to get it.

Doing away with variance would be the first step in the right direction.
Since it was not classic to begin with...

It worked perfectly fine exactly how I explained it...

If the force drops below 20 & the next guild has 20 in zone they screenshot it & then claim it...

Since more players now say 35 players to claim a mob.
They can all sit there from the first kill to the second kill or come up with a rotation no guild gets 2 kills in a row on certain mobs either way the next force still needs to keep raid force in zone.
& that won't work with variance.

It's simple, it works we know it does...

There is LOTS of competition that way & guild leaders can come together and figure out rotations if they want & if they don't you can't raid ban the entire server because it will still work - as long as dumb ass variance is removed.

Euro ppl doesnt play this or?

Rupertox
01-03-2014, 07:41 AM
I mean, while you sleep, is the prime time of other continents, if there is not a variance, all mobs will be in american time, wich would make me leave the Server, and the rest of raiding euro / asian prolly too.

Erasong
01-03-2014, 07:46 AM
time to buy rust

Vyal
01-03-2014, 07:48 AM
I raided with Europa many many many times they are like the second oldest guild on the server so ya I think it would work just fine just as it did years back.

Your just confused because you only know this crap variance stuff....

Amontillado
01-03-2014, 07:55 AM
So, change nothing? Then we would have the same old BS that has been plaguing the server.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f15fc02eb9c9a8e971b3a35e16a0f517/tumblr_mrgnx1aq0v1s794spo1_500.gif

Amargura
01-03-2014, 07:56 AM

I thought gms were doing this to stop the petitionfest, that idea doesn't look like it's gonna stop it.

Vyal
01-03-2014, 08:07 AM
I thought gms were doing this to stop the petitionfest, that idea doesn't look like it's gonna stop it.

We never had raid lock outs and all this other stuff.
Never had one guild zerging the server for 2 straight years.
O WAIT! Variance has been in for 2 years right?
Now this shouldn't be so hard....

Rooj
01-03-2014, 08:11 AM
What if simulated repops had been in from the very start?

arsenalpow
01-03-2014, 08:13 AM
There are way too many factors to blame here, variance is one of those factors but there are many more that have contributed to the current end game.

Autotune
01-03-2014, 08:29 AM
So, change nothing? Then we would have the same old BS that has been plaguing the server.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/f15fc02eb9c9a8e971b3a35e16a0f517/tumblr_mrgnx1aq0v1s794spo1_500.gif

have you even read the proposals or do you just not understand them?

stewe
01-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Yes, you did! 2,5 years ago ^^

Isn't it sad to make everyone pay for your own mistakes though? I mean .... Velious should be out for 3 years now, and everyone knows these problems wouldn't even exist if you had been able to follow the initial timeline...

I mean... even TMO would probably no longer be on this server if the timeline had been accurate.

"I'm unable to do what i promised, so you all are gonna pay for it! Yaaah!"

p99 staff is the only one to blame here. Everquest had these problems from the beginning, without instancied content, you always have to provide content. You didn't, don't blame players

(give answers instead of suspending me...)

They owe you nothing, dont like their timeline you are more then welcome to play something else.

Autotune
01-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Yes, you did! 2,5 years ago ^^

Isn't it sad to make everyone pay for your own mistakes though? I mean .... Velious should be out for 3 years now, and everyone knows these problems wouldn't even exist if you had been able to follow the initial timeline...

I mean... even TMO would probably no longer be on this server if the timeline had been accurate.

"I'm unable to do what i promised, so you all are gonna pay for it! Yaaah!"

p99 staff is the only one to blame here. Everquest had these problems from the beginning, without instancied content, you always have to provide content. You didn't, don't blame players

(give answers instead of suspending me...)

Just ban this guy on the forums and in game (track his IP and hit every account he's logged in on).

Krissdu64
01-03-2014, 09:10 AM
for what? I'm not disrespectful... I never said they owe me anything, i said they didn't do what they announced.

When the content is already done, when you finish a game, well you just play another.

Now on p99, people just keep playing because they want Velious. You can't blame them because they keep playing the game...

Even releasing the beta would solve your problem

Ravager
01-03-2014, 09:19 AM
2 servers would kill leveling for new players like myself. a 2nd server isnt happening

I leveled a rogue, a group dependent class with half the current population and unguilded.

Swish
01-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Velious should be out for 3 years now...

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/i%27m%20out%20of%20here/grand/79999500-I%27m-out-fore-here-.gif

Krissdu64
01-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Another solution would be to create another server with migrations, like Sony did when their servers were too crowded.

drakelord
01-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Another solution would be to create another server with migrations, like Sony did when their servers were too crowded.

Server isn't too crowded. Live servers around this time had up to 2500 people online at a time. We're at half that.

justin2090
01-03-2014, 09:36 AM
We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

Never forget

Krissdu64
01-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Server isn't too crowded. Live servers around this time had up to 2500 people online at a time. We're at half that.

Ok, let me rephrase.

Another solution would be to create another server with migrations, like Sony did when their servers had too many lv 60s with too much gear in Kunark.

phacemeltar
01-03-2014, 09:37 AM
you stupid losers are lighting my outlook up. how do i unsubscribe from this gosh darn thread?

hynch
01-03-2014, 09:41 AM
What if I get eaten by Sev while running to exp in CoM? Am I going to get banned for that?

Oleris
01-03-2014, 09:46 AM
Ok, let me rephrase.

Another solution would be to create another server with migrations, like Sony did when their servers had too many lv 60s with too much gear in Kunark.

if someone wants to pay for all the server costs out of their pocket, I am sure they would oblige.

Brut
01-03-2014, 09:56 AM
What if I get eaten by Sev while running to exp in CoM? Am I going to get banned for that?
Should get sense heading skillups then, since Sevs spawn/path area is completely wrong direction from everything!

Would suggest ppl check out red atm, the server was going nuts last night with some 30v30 pvp going on over Nagafen in solb. New pnp rules seem all right-ish also, despite how ppl try their hardest to act like they can rules lawyer and grief people with them.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 10:00 AM

Maybe 2500 players but def not 1000 60's

mitic
01-03-2014, 10:01 AM
brut on red? wth? lol

Brut
01-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Played beta all the way thru and live red since 1week it started. /flex
Have tons of 50s!

The exp is crazy fast atm btw, got troll SK to 20 in like 2 days.

TanDemain
01-03-2014, 10:07 AM
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/i%27m%20out%20of%20here/grand/79999500-I%27m-out-fore-here-.gif

'cause Kunark for three years is CLASSIC~ so classic.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Yes it does. It prevents anyone from catching up on uber loots by locking in the gear difference that currently exists. If I was TMO/FE/IB I would want NOTHING MORE than this raid lock to be continued until Velious launches as it stagnates competition.

This is what happens when you have a single-minded authority with no real desire to think about the consequences of their actions and just decides to go with the first thing they think of that seems to be a punishment. I have to keep trying to remind myself to not be surprised when an element of humanity does something stupid and literally agaisnt their stated goals.

Rogean
01-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Velious should be out for 3 years now

you had been able to follow the initial timeline...

"I'm unable to do what i promised"

p99 staff is the only one to blame here.

I never said they owe me anything

Wow, I think this might make close to the top for one of the most self-entitled back-tracking douchebags the server has seen yet.

Someone should explain to him that we aren't a company, we don't get paid, and the only time we have is in addition to full time jobs. Oh and nobody "promised" him anything.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 10:13 AM
I hope this goes on forever....

forever

phacemeltar
01-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Wow, I think this might make close to the top for one of the most self-entitled back-tracking douchebags the server has seen yet.

Someone should explain to him that we aren't a company, we don't get paid, and the only time we have is in addition to full time jobs. Oh and nobody "promised" him anything.

KEEL THEMMM!!

Tecmos Deception
01-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Maybe 2500 players but def not 1000 60's

We don't have 1000 60s, either. http://p1999pop.dmsimard.com/db/Levels shows fewer than 600, and that is any 60 who has been seen even once over the course of the last, like, year+. It seems like at any given moment, probably 10-15% of characters online are level 60.

drakelord
01-03-2014, 10:15 AM

I'm glad you guys can look past people like that and continue to provide a quality service for everyone else who is actually appreciative.

Brut
01-03-2014, 10:17 AM
If I was TMO/FE/IB I would want NOTHING MORE than this raid lock to be continued until Velious launches as it stagnates competition.
FEIB is hardly in any "everyone has best in slots on 3 alts"-state btw. Think we've epic'd total of 4 wizards since guild was founded october 2012, think 1 shadowknight, 2 necros, not a single magician afaik, and prty sure warrior epics are in the less than 10 figures as well. Even TMO has tons of wizards show up at every VS wielding Gabtstik staffs.

Personalyl don't think single character should be entitled to have every bestinslot, but acting like all the top guilds are in said situation is very delusional.

Aaron
01-03-2014, 10:17 AM
We don't have 1000 60s, either. http://p1999pop.dmsimard.com/db/Levels shows fewer than 600, and that is any 60 who has been seen even once over the course of the last, like, year+. It seems like at any given moment, probably 10-15% of characters online are level 60.

+1000 anons

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 10:20 AM

I wonder how many of those 939 anonymous are 60. I bet more than 50 % :)

SwordNboard
01-03-2014, 10:22 AM
Since there are more raid-capable guilds and level 60s due to the extended Kunark timeline, they just need to increase raid spawns to multiple times per week. Say there are 9 raid guilds. Have raid targets spawn 3-4 times per week, but you cannot kill the same target more than once per week. That leaves competition in, and rotations out. Any newer guild breaking in to the raid scene could be investigated as being an alt guild. With this many mobs to guilds, you could still have guilds that come out dry from competing and losing targets.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 10:22 AM
FEIB is hardly in any "everyone has best in slots on 3 alts"-state btw. Think we've epic'd total of 4 wizards since guild was founded october 2012, think 1 shadowknight, 2 necros, not a single magician afaik, and prty sure warrior epics are in the less than 10 figures as well. Even TMO has tons of wizards show up at every VS wielding Gabtstik staffs.

Personalyl don't think single character should be entitled to have every bestinslot, but acting like all the top guilds are in said situation is very delusional.

People are entitled to what their work and effort rewards them.

Still FE is better geared than all but one other guilds. Four wizard epics is 4 wizard epics more than most others, definately 3 better. Therefore it is still in your interest to want to hold on raiding to maintain your position as it doesn't seem likely you would overtake or tie TMO in the time between now and Velious launches. Stragegically speaking the hold is in your best interest.

Blasted
01-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Looks like the break I decided to take a few weeks ago was timed perfectly. Maybe they're secretly holding velious ransom for a raid agreement. Once it's worked out... surprise, NToV!

Brut
01-03-2014, 10:29 AM
People are entitled to what their work and effort rewards them.

Still FE is better geared than all but one other guilds. Four wizard epics is 4 wizard epics more than most others, definately 3 better. Therefore it is still in your interest to want to hold on raiding to maintain your position as it doesn't seem likely you would overtake or tie TMO in the time between now and Velious launches. Stragegically speaking the hold is in your best interest.
Looking at the ongoing situation only guild willing to race and compete for the big mobs in Velious would be TMO. Why exactly would we need to maintain some server equipment lockdown to hold down the rest of the guilds then?

manastone22
01-03-2014, 10:30 AM
All this does is keep Tier 1 guilds with more gear for when Velious is released. This is exactly what they want, they can take a break and there is nothing for them to loose, because no one can take their targets. At the end of the day, the raiding scene is worse now, before guilds could get SOME targets here and there. Now though it might as well be like TMO getting 100% of all targets in the entire game.

Find a Solution and implement it. Removing Planes from the game and being unable to attack raid targets/quest targets doesn't make for a fun game. You will loose a whole new player base of the "Good" guys by doing this. At least before they could farm up and save plats for their quest pieces. Now they will never see epics or other items at all.

At the end of the day, if a guild/players break a rule. It's a lot easier to enforce rules on them than a whole server and every player on the server. Guilds/Players getting suspended for breaking rules is classic. All Tier 1 guilds are doing right now is leveling up more trackers/farmers, gaining in power before Velious is released.

Versus
01-03-2014, 10:32 AM
CSR wants us to share, not create socialism. It's called compromise. Increasing your kills 400% and decreasing others 75% is not compromise.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Looking at the ongoing situation only guild willing to race and compete for the big mobs in Velious would be TMO. Why exactly would we need to maintain some server equipment lockdown to hold down the rest of the guilds then?

That makes an assumption of your future actions which are contrary to the history of your past actions as a guild which makes your statement non-credible.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Blame the BDA/Div/??? for not budging and trying to force rotations and gain 300% of the mobs that they previously got. CSR wants us to share, not create socialism.

oh i blame you. Have fun not killing anything

Autotune
01-03-2014, 10:34 AM

Everything that led to this point was worth it.

sedrie.bellamie
01-03-2014, 10:36 AM
go away autotune

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 10:36 AM
If you want to stop camp out armies simply impliment a code that when removing the character from being active in the game world it checks a flag in the zone. If that flag is there then if the character is not between certain coordiantes the game resets their coordinates to someplace in the zone. Instant no ability to camp out in some zones in some areas without going back to (wherever is determined to be relatively safe - also likely saves the butts of people during a server crash or LD). Downside is you get a free port to entrance or zone out in these zones if you camp or /q.

Now even camp-out armies have to race to a mob now from entrance. It would force a poopsock to have a raid capable of taking out a mob to be logged in and buffed during window and thats not something I think any group of people is going to want to do for raid mobs.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 10:38 AM
If you want to stop camp out armies simply impliment a code that when removing the character from being active in the game world it checks a flag in the zone. If that flag is there then if the character is not between certain coordiantes the game resets their coordinates to someplace in the zone. Instant no ability to camp out in some zones in some areas without going back to (wherever is determined to be relatively safe - also likely saves the butts of people during a server crash or LD). Downside is you get a free port to entrance or zone out in these zones if you camp or /q.

Now even camp-out armies have to race to a mob now from entrance. It would force a poopsock to have a raid capable of taking out a mob to be logged in and buffed during window and thats not something I think any group of people is going to want to do for raid mobs.

Coding new "things" in the game is not a fix. Devs do not have time or WANT to do so. Figure out something that doesnt require changing existing code.

eqravenprince
01-03-2014, 10:39 AM
I think it's awesome raiding is suspended. EQ is a better game without raiding.

k2summit
01-03-2014, 10:41 AM
http:// http://gremlindog.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/chunk.jpg

Krissdu64
01-03-2014, 10:42 AM

At least i made my point. You can't blame the players for a phenomenon you created...

The only solution is more content or less people on the server (more servers)

These agreements won't work in the long run, and it won't either generate less petitions for your support team.

Itap
01-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Maybe I can find a group on my warrior now

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 10:46 AM
Coding new "things" in the game is not a fix. Devs do not have time or WANT to do so. Figure out something that doesnt require changing existing code.

Saying you want something to change but unwilling to do something for that change if it impacts you is saying that you don't actually value that change strongly enough to warrant others giving effort since you won't yourself. Leadership 101.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 10:48 AM
Saying you want something to change but unwilling to do something for that change if it impacts you is saying that you don't actually value that change strongly enough to warrant others giving effort since you won't yourself. Leadership 101.

They dont answer to you, or anyone. If you do not like the way they are doing things, you don't have to play here. They want to do changes without code changes. Those are the parameters. Do so.

Brut
01-03-2014, 10:49 AM
That makes an assumption of your future actions which are contrary to the history of your past actions as a guild which makes your statement non-credible.
I don't even.

Think of the "gear gap" we want to maintain like this: I basically have the #1 or #2 (considering Hasbinbad is an app atm) rogue in our guild. Only pieces of equipment that aren't A) sky B) EC bought from months of plat farming are a Cloak of Piety (a minor upgrade to SBC I had prior to it), Golden Efreeti Vambs (and most every rogue would be wearing Mithril Vambraces over these) and recently a VP offhander that adds tiny amount of parse difference to EoN (and probably will get me killed cuz of goofyass dd proc).

There is no massive gear difference from what you can get doing sky or tunnel ratting. A druid having a leafblower isn't going to make him heal for more or nuke harder, a wizard having a couple mana tick rune clicky isnt going to make or break a raid, most every SK with his disco sword is barely ever meleeing anything. The amount of plat people can make and have made on the server is huge, and everyone and anyone can get a CoF within a month if they have any clue what to go farming.

There hardly exists a vast gear gap that gives us or TMO a sheer Velious advantage. The resist gear people wear is basically the same damned diamond jewelry, only big thing going on with a max VP decked tank and one wearing indicolite is that they might have 300 more hp. TMO isn't going to beat everyone to Zlandicar because their shamans can clicky buff 10 all stats. The gear difference is nearly nonexistant in Kunark, so it's delusional to assume we'd want to block all raiding altogether to maintain something that really isn't there. As far as I can see, TMO was not blocking the dragons because it gives them a gear advantage, it's because it got them applicants and kept the machine going, as such keeping them ready whenever Velious would pop up.

Furthermore, FE IB and TMO are all raiding guilds; if they're not raiding, the people in them are barely online. Acting like the standstill in negotiations and the current serverwide raiding suspension outcome is somehow favorable to us is absolutely ridiculous. This is only going to hurt all of us since people will probably go play Rust or Minecraft or whatever and potentially not log back in when the whole thing gets resolved. If we sit 3-4 months doing nothing but sitting around farming HS or playing snes emulator, our numbers are going down hard.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 10:54 AM
They dont answer to you, or anyone. If you do not like the way they are doing things, you don't have to play here. They want to do changes without code changes. Those are the parameters. Do so.

I never made a claim that they did and I am freely aware of their and my own options.

If you don't like the truth that others aren't motivated to act when the person telling them to act is not motivated to do so then you have a problem with basic human psychology.

drakelord
01-03-2014, 10:54 AM
All of this kind of fighting is what led to instances in the first place, which makes me a sad panda. I hate instances, but in a way I understand how they might be necessary for some zones.

Tenlaar
01-03-2014, 10:56 AM
if you want instances or triggered spawns there are tons of other MMOs out there like that. but the competition/racing for mobs aspect is one of the major things that set Classic EQ apart from other MMOs, and is here to stay in some fashion or another.

every server on EQLive had different tweaks and twists to their rule sets. some were rotation

How can you acknowledge that some (and I think it was actually most) servers had some rotation/play nice agreements between guilds and still insist that "competition" is so much of what EQ was about? Many people, myself included, have posted about our servers doing rotations, honoring FiF, etc. This "competition" that you seem to want was never a part of my classic experience.

I cannot help but feel that you guys are trying to enforce a PvP mindset on a PvE server, instead of trying to make the red server where players who want to compete against other players go.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I don't even.

Think of the "gear gap" we want to maintain like this: I basically have the #1 or #2 (considering Hasbinbad is an app atm) rogue in our guild. Only pieces of equipment that aren't A) sky B) EC bought from months of plat farming are a Cloak of Piety (a minor upgrade to SBC I had prior to it), Golden Efreeti Vambs (and most every rogue would be wearing Mithril Vambraces over these) and recently a VP offhander that adds tiny amount of parse difference to EoN (and probably will get me killed cuz of goofyass dd proc).

There is no massive gear difference from what you can get doing sky or tunnel ratting. A druid having a leafblower isn't going to make him heal for more or nuke harder, a wizard having a couple mana tick rune clicky isnt going to make or break a raid, most every SK with his disco sword is barely ever meleeing anything. The amount of plat people can make and have made on the server is huge, and everyone and anyone can get a CoF within a month if they have any clue what to go farming.

There hardly exists a vast gear gap that gives us or TMO a sheer Velious advantage. The resist gear people wear is basically the same damned diamond jewelry, only big thing going on with a max VP decked tank and one wearing indicolite is that they might have 300 more hp. TMO isn't going to beat everyone to Zlandicar because their shamans can clicky buff 10 all stats. The gear difference is nearly nonexistant in Kunark, so it's delusional to assume we'd want to block all raiding altogether to maintain something that really isn't there. As far as I can see, TMO was not blocking the dragons because it gives them a gear advantage, it's because it got them applicants and kept the machine going, as such keeping them ready whenever Velious would pop up.

Furthermore, FE IB and TMO are all raiding guilds; if they're not raiding, the people in them are barely online. Acting like the standstill in negotiations and the current serverwide raiding suspension outcome is somehow favorable to us is absolutely ridiculous. This is only going to hurt all of us since people will probably go play Rust or Minecraft or whatever and potentially not log back in when the whole thing gets resolved. If we sit 3-4 months doing nothing but sitting around farming HS or playing snes emulator, our numbers are going down hard.

Which is one character, albeit a potent dps. Wizard epics, mage epics, ranger epics (all major upgrades) are on mobs that are on more or less farm rotation by TMO or FE/IB and secured wholly by them. Druid natureskin click robes and other major upgrades are had only in VP which no other current guild has touched. The saves and stats on PD's helm alone is a massive upgrade for every class.

Although I commend you focusing on the least affected class by top end raid content in order to bolster your presentation it is not an accurate reflection of the raid-wise ability increase that comes from gearing at that tier for as long as you have.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 11:01 AM
I never made a claim that they did and I am freely aware of their and my own options.

If you don't like the truth that others aren't motivated to act when the person telling them to act is not motivated to do so then you have a problem with basic human psychology.

Not being motivated is not the issue. I am feeling that is more of a principal of the matter. Do you really think banning 100ish accounts, opening VP to be more of a CSR zone, and forcing people to stay out of raid zones is not difficult on the GMs/devs?

They want you to stop being children and act like human beings to each other.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:01 AM
How can you acknowledge that some (and I think it was actually most) servers had some rotation/play nice agreements between guilds and still insist that "competition" is so much of what EQ was about? Many people, myself included, have posted about our servers doing rotations, honoring FiF, etc. This "competition" that you seem to want was never a part of my classic experience.

I cannot help but feel that you guys are trying to enforce a PvP mindset on a PvE server, instead of trying to make the red server where players who want to compete against other players go.

It was a part of your experience it was simply a part that had a managed agreement. If there was no competition there would have been no impetus to create such a rotation.

Nirgon
01-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Told you. The hope is Rogean disbands guilds who do not eventually comply lest the population plummet.

Laok
01-03-2014, 11:09 AM
In no way do I intend this as a bash or slight to the staff. I played on live in 1999 and I played for about 11 years and this server is the most fun I've had in EQ in 10 years or so. Thank you for giving me this game. I have been in exactly the same shoes as you. The team I was a part of kept a dying game alive with new content, expansions, servers, and a community for 10 years, for free, relying on donations to keep our servers going. The thanks, even though not as loud as the grief, always made it worth doing.

A few points. Because of the delay to Velious, we aren't classic and can't ever be classic. I am getting so sick of the 3 word rebuttal, "It's not classic". The economy is screwed, the gear distribution is off, millions of plat to MQ a bard epic? How is that classic?

We have to realize that since Velious is a couple of years late, we haven't been classic for a couple of years, and MAYBE concessions to un-classicness need to be made.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:10 AM
Not being motivated is not the issue. I am feeling that is more of a principal of the matter. Do you really think banning 100ish accounts, opening VP to be more of a CSR zone, and forcing people to stay out of raid zones is not difficult on the GMs/devs?

They want you to stop being children and act like human beings to each other.

If they are willing to take this effort then why are they unwilling to take effort which does not require them to manage so many frustrated people for so long? The mental effort of coding is far less taxing than the non-face-to-face social interaction of many different people who are upset. Of course GM's are not always Dev's so the issue seems to be the GM's wish to do something but the Dev's don't want to impliment it by hard code. Of course this kind of GM and Dev meddling was never a part of live in the first place so the intrusion into player interaction within the existing ruleset breaks the entire purpose of the server.

Your last sentence demonstrates a lack of understanding of how human beings act towards eat other. We are wildly capricious beings capable of great horror and great charity. Within that the average human interaction can likely be best summed up as "tolerate each other so long as we are not inconvienced in doing so". That seems to be a bit below the average interaction on this server (because we are fed, sheltered, and have time and funds enough to play a video game). All in all we are acting far above "acting like human beings towards each other".

Brut
01-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Which is one character, albeit a potent dps. Wizard epics, mage epics, ranger epics (all major upgrades) are on mobs that are on more or less farm rotation by TMO or FE/IB and secured wholly by them. Druid natureskin click robes and other major upgrades are had only in VP which no other current guild has touched. The saves and stats on PD's helm alone is a massive upgrade for every class.

Although I commend you focusing on the least affected class by top end raid content in order to bolster your presentation it is not an accurate reflection of the raid-wise ability increase that comes from gearing at that tier for as long as you have.
Ranger epic is a suicide device with slow proc, and ranger is hardly a top dps class to begin with. Wizard epic is a rune click with small mana regen, they can rune themselves without one, plus Gabstik staff is 15 more MR. Think I see 2 mages tops on our raids, so I doubt them having a bigger air pet is going to win us the mob. PD helm is 5 more MR than a tranny crown, every caster is capable of achieving 200+ Int/wis without much effort - one more cast of lure of ice isn't going to quarantee absolute unrivaled tyranny over Velious. The expansion is going to be about coordination and raiding properly, not about blowing a 32k dragon up with your one extra lure cast. Cheal chains wont be done with NS robes that can and have been bought at EC btw. And the first thing every guild should be doing come Velious anyway is farming arena and whatnot for gear upgrades.

You're splitting hairs over 5 items total here as a massive gear advantage that somehow makes blocking off the entire raidscene for months a genious strategic move for the raiding guilds.

EDIT: Btw "more or less farm rotation by TMO or FE/IB and secured wholly by them" is absurd to read, too. FEIB tally of Rile Crowns: 0, NS robes: 0, mage epics: I think 1 earth staff, no idea if anyone even got it or if the guy who did alrdy quit, ranger epics: who cares, wiz epics: as said 3 or 4, think most of them have quit too. If it were as you claim that we want to stop all raiding to secure the monopoly of said items, then why would FEIB exactly be onboard of this?

And do attest the last paragraph of my post: not raiding hurts us more than maintaining any minimal gear advantage could possibly help us.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 11:14 AM
If they are willing to take this effort then why are they unwilling to take effort which does not require them to manage so many frustrated people for so long? The mental effort of coding is far less taxing than the non-face-to-face social interaction of many different people who are upset. Of course GM's are not always Dev's so the issue seems to be the GM's wish to do something but the Dev's don't want to impliment it by hard code. Of course this kind of GM and Dev meddling was never a part of live in the first place so the intrusion into player interaction within the existing ruleset breaks the entire purpose of the server.

Your last sentence demonstrates a lack of understanding of how human beings act towards eat other. We are wildly capricious beings capable of great horror and great charity. Within that the average human interaction can likely be best summed up as "tolerate each other so long as we are not inconvienced in doing so". That seems to be a bit below the average interaction on this server (because we are fed, sheltered, and have time and funds enough to play a video game). All in all we are acting far above "acting like human beings towards each other".

Emphasis mine, because it is wholly inaccurate.

sedrie.bellamie
01-03-2014, 11:20 AM
creating new server to ease poppulation is classic

*start a new server just like blue p99
*allow anyone to leave first blue p99 for second blue p99
*allow blue p99 players to leave for red p99
*all these movements as one-time-only

that should drop the player bases to a more reasonable level on each server

asking 7+ guilds to negotiate to a 100% resolution is kinda hard to do

drakelord
01-03-2014, 11:22 AM

Gonna pay the several hundred a month for that extra server?

Ravager
01-03-2014, 11:23 AM

Probably easier to do than asking the GM's to increase their workload by 50%.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:28 AM
Ranger epic is a suicide device with slow proc, and ranger is hardly a top dps class to begin with. Wizard epic is a rune click with small mana regen, they can rune themselves without one, plus Gabstik staff is 15 more MR. Think I see 2 mages tops on our raids, so I doubt them having a bigger air pet is going to win us the mob. PD helm is 5 more MR than a tranny crown, every caster is capable of achieving 200+ Int/wis without much effort - one more cast of lure of ice isn't going to quarantee absolute unrivaled tyranny over Velious. The expansion is going to be about coordination and raiding properly, not about blowing a 32k dragon up with your one extra lure cast. Cheal chains wont be done with NS robes that can and have been bought at EC btw. And the first thing every guild should be doing come Velious anyway is farming arena and whatnot for gear upgrades.

You're splitting hairs over 5 items total here as a massive gear advantage that somehow makes blocking off the entire raidscene for months a genious strategic move for the raiding guilds.

And do attest the last paragraph of my post: not raiding hurts us more than maintaining any minimal gear advantage could possibly help us.

Earthcaller is not the part of the epic that is currently blocked its also not the major upgrade half of the epic and you know this. 14/24 ratio is comparable to sky sword and stats are comparable but 40% haste with 30atk is a large difference maker. Wizard's having any mana regen at this point in the game is huge and a self rune is also very very nice. Epic mage pets are beasts in this era and in velious and having them is greater than not having them as every guild likely doesn't have many mages so the fact you don't have many isn't really a negative. PD crown is how many hitpoints and other saves more than tranny crown? I mean come on thats a freaking laughable rebuttal.

I'm not splitting hairs over 5 items - I am using 5 items as examples of the gear advantage that I am talking about. I could (if I cared to use my time doing so) do a stat to stat comparison for each class for the non VS and up mobs that are almost all locked by TMO FE/IB and then sum the differences for those classes. That would clearly demonstrate the increase in ability of having even 1 character geared at that level on an account as opposed to none. And since that is what we are talking about regarding advantage that is the comparison that matters.

The expansion of velious is going to be about endurance fights against 100k hp mobs where those multiple saves on the pd crown combined with hitpoints and mana GREATLY MATTER. Again the preservation of a considerable advantage.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:31 AM
Emphasis mine, because it is wholly inaccurate.

Really? Aside from a new server with new rules where in EQ history in this era had GM's every inserted themselves so obviously into in-game player interaction? Even the institution of the PNP did not cause bans by engaging mobs. This is literally unheard of in EQ even attempting to be classic. The only thing I can think of is the drunk GM who bound and chain summoned a guild into VP one at a time to put them in a death-loop who was instantly fired for doing so.

Citations will be required for your claim.

Brut
01-03-2014, 11:33 AM
Earthcaller is not the part of the epic that is currently blocked its also not the major upgrade half of the epic and you know this. 14/24 ratio is comparable to sky sword and stats are comparable but 40% haste with 30atk is a large difference maker. Wizard's having any mana regen at this point in the game is huge and a self rune is also very very nice. Epic mage pets are beasts in this era and in velious and having them is greater than not having them as every guild likely doesn't have many mages so the fact you don't have many isn't really a negative. PD crown is how many hitpoints and other saves more than tranny crown? I mean come on thats a freaking laughable rebuttal.

I'm not splitting hairs over 5 items - I am using 5 items as examples of the gear advantage that I am talking about. I could (if I cared to use my time doing so) do a stat to stat comparison for each class for the non VS and up mobs that are almost all locked by TMO FE/IB and then sum the differences for those classes. That would clearly demonstrate the increase in ability of having even 1 character geared at that level on an account as opposed to none. And since that is what we are talking about regarding advantage that is the comparison that matters.

The expansion of velious is going to be about endurance fights against 100k hp mobs where those multiple saves on the pd crown combined with hitpoints and mana GREATLY MATTER. Again the preservation of a considerable advantage.

And PD crown is 25PR and 5MR over a tranny crown. Woop, all that glorious advantage over, uhh, Wuoshi?

radditsu
01-03-2014, 11:34 AM
Really? Aside from a new server with new rules where in EQ history in this era had GM's every inserted themselves so obviously into in-game player interaction? Even the institution of the PNP did not cause bans by engaging mobs. This is literally unheard of in EQ even attempting to be classic. The only thing I can think of is the drunk GM who bound and chain summoned a guild into VP one at a time to put them in a death-loop who was instantly fired for doing so.

Citations will be required for your claim.

Hi alarti

Brut
01-03-2014, 11:36 AM
Hi alarti

Oh that explains it. Done replying then.

Still been making a point for ages when people QQd that they can't possibly compete with TMO in botb: Kunark loot is mostly tradable and there's a marginal difference between a VP geared druid and a non-VP geared druid.

Xerxes
01-03-2014, 11:39 AM
someone arguing with brut. thats a first! gasbag worst

cyryllis
01-03-2014, 11:41 AM
You fail to mention the most important point...crown never drops, or almost never. Its almost as bad as shissar gauntlets

Brut
01-03-2014, 11:41 AM
Moreso arguing with this retarded idea in general where any guild willingly wanted this situation!

Thana8088
01-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Hi alarti

Not Alarti. His name is Elmarnieh and he's an awesome ranger.

However, with your limited mental abilities, I understand your need to compartmentalize.

Daldaen
01-03-2014, 11:45 AM

However, with your limited mental abilities, I understand your need to compartmentalize.

Awesome ranger. Does not compute.

Messianic
01-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Awesome ranger. Does not compute.

Jumbo Shrimp

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Hi alarti

This is nonsensical and contains zero citations.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 11:48 AM
You fail to mention the most important point...crown never drops, or almost never. Its almost as bad as shissar gauntlets

The crown (as I've stated previously) is simply one example of the gear that will make a substaintial difference in raid endurance in early Velious raiding.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 11:50 AM

Hi go fuck yourself :)

cyryllis
01-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Crown would matter a lot more if stamina did ANYTHING on p99. Unfortunately, we have people swinging heavy weapons with no ill effects...not classic

Kennie
01-03-2014, 11:52 AM
It will be cool to actually run through DL and have Gore up killing people again. Like the old old days.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 11:57 AM
I don't even.

This is true.

Thana8088
01-03-2014, 11:58 AM
Hi go fuck yourself :)

Tsk tsk, which forum are you in?

Another symptom of stupid!

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 12:00 PM

If you think those 5 items are what is going to make Velious a breeze you are wholly confused. Not surprised though considering you think I am Elmariah? Derp

Hawala
01-03-2014, 12:02 PM
I don't think we deserve to raid, the vitriol in here is disgusting.

Daldaen
01-03-2014, 12:03 PM
If you think those 5 items are what is going to make Velious a breeze you are wholly confused. Not surprised though considering you think I am Elmariah? Derp

20 CH BPs will though... Dunno why they haven't nerfed that yet.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 12:04 PM
Moreso arguing with this retarded idea in general where any guild willingly wanted this situation!

I have seen multiple BDA/Taken/Div people come out in support of the raid suspension, including leadership.

The suspension hurts FE/TMO far far greater than the casuals who weren't raiding shit anyways.

There wont be an agreement with this situation basically because the staff and the casuals in effect put a gun to our heads and said "Agree on something". Nothing positive can come from negotiations under duress especially when one side assumes they "hold all the cards". TMO/FE have offered 2 very very very fair plans for casual guilds, and they wholly blocked them without compromise. This is largely because of the misguided actions of the staff who seem to think that 2 very disparate groups of people will ever come to some equally beneficial agreement.

In the end, FE/TMO will likely cave to some shitty agreement that is wholly unjustified for them just to keep attrition from killing their guilds.

Brut
01-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Reading comprehension alarti - I've been saying that they aren't.

Nerf donals bp immediately on Velious release imo into v3 state, that's what we need to stop this supposed gear advantage really.

Alarti0001
20 CH BPs will though... Dunno why they haven't nerfed that yet.

Honestly, hope they are nerfed unclassicly day 1 of velious.

Obrae
~checks watch~

Such of failure of leadership
Specially the raid forum existing only for 2 days and staff coming to mix all the cards at the last minute.

Laughable and i don't care about raiding got no time, just saw the whole thing get so badly handled.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Reading comprehension alarti - I've been saying that they aren't.

Nerf donals bp immediately on Velious release imo into v3 state, that's what we need to stop this supposed gear advantage really.

Again its not those 5 items... its other items(no not donals)

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Such of failure of leadership
Specially the raid forum existing only for 2 days and staff coming to mix all the cards at the last minute.

Laughable and i don't care about raiding got no time, just saw the whole thing get so badly handled.

your forum join date is aug 13, is that when you started here?

This problem has been going on for years, the staff have tried many times to get it settled and given players more than ample time to solve it amongst ourselves.

This should have happened MONTHS ago....

Engraverwilliam
01-03-2014, 12:08 PM
mR. GM guy. I have never been on a big raid except in Live I was able to go to a few places with my guild... It takes me over a year to get to 50 IF I even get that High up. So you know that I am just a guy who has played EQ since the dawn of time but I am far from a raiding hardcore dude. Having said all that, here is my suggstion.

Could you put entrance timers on the mobs?
If you have killed a boss or participated in killing said boss... then you don't get to go back for a month. This would give other Raiders a shot at the boss as well.

Just my 2cp

Joroz
01-03-2014, 12:09 PM
the 50/50(more like 30/70 with VP) plan proposed by Rogean is probably about as good as its going to get for the hardcore camp, the MAJORITY of players on the server are what is being called "casual raiders", but there will easily be 10X more players actively raiding in tier 2 when they are free from the shenanigans that tier 1(small MINORITY) guilds have been doing the last 3 years making the raid scene so toxic. A closer to even split would be tier 2 would get 2 to 1 of the tier 1 mobs outside of VP so... take Rogean's plan and lets get the raiding back on track. all the mobs are up waiting to be killed!

Brut
01-03-2014, 12:09 PM
And to repeat something said prior:

The whole tier rotation talk is missing a major important part of the big idea what rogeman's announcement was all about imo, and that's that the raidscene was supposed to be made more reasonable so guilds that couldn't/didn't want to compete would have more chance and appeal to do so. Idea was that the metapvp and different flavors of poopsocking and rampant douchebaggery would be limited so guilds could see more reason to try raiding. And that the big raid guilds would stop farming maestro to sell hand MQs. Instead all these said casual guilds are now acting like anything that isn't deemed part of the casual's rotation is going to continue being fte stalling shenanigans and idiocy. Which is a damned shame.

Briac
01-03-2014, 12:12 PM

EDIT: Btw "more or less farm rotation by TMO or FE/IB and secured wholly by them" is absurd to read, too. FEIB tally of Rile Crowns: 0, NS robes: 0, mage epics: I think 1 earth staff, no idea if anyone even got it or if the guy who did alrdy quit, ranger epics: who cares, wiz epics: as said 3 or 4, think most of them have quit too. If it were as you claim that we want to stop all raiding to secure the monopoly of said items, then why would FEIB exactly be onboard of this?

Whilst I understand why you guys are going on about gear, you have all gone way off topic! Get back to the real issue! As it stands all raid capable toons are banned from experiencing a good portion of Classic EQ!

I started P1999 3 or so years ago to experience classic EQ content once more. Loot is a secondary bonus. I came back to slay Dragons, bosses, hard content. I came back to find a community of players and join forces and test ourselves against the content, the challenge of re learning encounters and succeeding, that is where EQ classic wins.

But over the last 2 years or more, the minority of server, ‘the hardcore’ if you will, have had that pleasure, for whatever reason you wish to [insert here], that is no longer the case for this server, the owners have spoken, they want the ENTIRE community to enjoy CLASSIC EQ content.

Let’s perhaps focus on this first.

Brut
01-03-2014, 12:14 PM
Whilst I understand why you guys are going on about gear, you have all gone way off topic! Get back to the real issue! As it stands all raid capable toons are banned from experiencing a good portion of Classic EQ!

I started P1999 3 or so years ago to experience classic EQ content once more. Loot is a secondary bonus. I came back to slay Dragons, bosses, hard content. I came back to find a community of players and join forces and test ourselves against the content, the challenge of re learning encounters and succeeding, that is where EQ classic wins.

But over the last 2 years or more, the minority of server, ‘the hardcore’ if you will, have had that pleasure, for whatever reason you wish to [insert here], that is no longer the case for this server, the owners have spoken, they want the ENTIRE community to enjoy CLASSIC EQ content.

Let’s perhaps focus on this first.
Aye, I'm all in for seeing Europa trying their hand at Trakanon.
The conversation in general is going the wrong way and has now devolved into derpy fingerpointing between each sides. At least the trolls arent allowed in Raid Forum (except Sloan).

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:18 PM
I have seen multiple BDA/Taken/Div people come out in support of the raid suspension, including leadership.

The suspension hurts FE/TMO far far greater than the casuals who weren't raiding shit anyways.

There wont be an agreement with this situation basically because the staff and the casuals in effect put a gun to our heads and said "Agree on something". Nothing positive can come from negotiations under duress especially when one side assumes they "hold all the cards". TMO/FE have offered 2 very very very fair plans for casual guilds, and they wholly blocked them without compromise. This is largely because of the misguided actions of the staff who seem to think that 2 very disparate groups of people will ever come to some equally beneficial agreement.

In the end, FE/TMO will likely cave to some shitty agreement that is wholly unjustified for them just to keep attrition from killing their guilds.

Neither of TMO / FE's plans were "fair" let alone "very very" so of course I disagree with GM's involving themselves in non-abusive player interaciton. If they didn't like how people responded to FTE rules and variance they shouldn't have implimented either.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Tsk tsk, which forum are you in?

Another symptom of stupid!

Povar, kunark era, GM's used to be in hate /fear on inny/ct runs all the time to settle raid disputes and make OTHER GUILDS LEAVE, if one guild got to the engage/first in force. I remember having to leave on multiple occasions because someone got there "first". If they wiped, we went back into the zone and did work.

Because i do not feel like going through 100s of pages of crap to find "citations" to "prove it", does not mean I am stupid or do not know what I am talking about.

My assertion that you ask me to "prove it" is alarti-like and whomever made that post should open himself up to have such a sullied name put upon him.

Keep my name out your mouth.

Thana8088
01-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Keep my name out your mouth.

Were you raised in the mf South? :p

radditsu
01-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Were you raised in the mf South? :p

Low down and dirty, you know what im bout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7reeeApqWo

Daldaen
01-03-2014, 12:28 PM
SoulFire shouldn't be clickable by non-paladins
Donals should be in cool down nerf mode, can keep 20s cast time

Hoops were nerfed unclassicly. Fix that crap so that you don't have unlimited CH rots and farmers perma locking Sir Lucan Dlere.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Individual guild disputes and individual player disputes (and bugs) are what GM's are for. Resolving a contested anything is far different than a servewide ban on activity and you and I both know they are an order of magnitude apart on scale of intervention.

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 12:30 PM
SoulFire shouldn't be clickable by non-paladins
Donals should be in cool down nerf mode, can keep 20s cast time

Hoops were nerfed unclassicly. Fix that crap so that you don't have unlimited CH rots and farmers perma locking Sir Lucan Dlere.

I'm sure if you could find patch notes theyd fix it. Almost every "bug" on this server that has been proven by patch notes is fixed in a reasonable amount of time.

Where is Ele he'll know

Wudan
01-03-2014, 12:34 PM
2 years of broken raid scene rules, epicMQs, account selling+army of alts, account sharing, etc., all not being dealt with by GMs along with some shitty players abusing the lack of well thought out rules brought us the problems we are dealing with today.... and we get 2 weeks to fix it. Something does not add up. Not really fair if you ask me. Its like GMs dont accept any kind of responsibility and its all players fault.

Most did not dupe plat, did not buy army of 80 alts to share with guildies, did not farm raid mobs they dont need to sell their drops for epic MQs, yet they cant raid now, because they have been given 2 weeks - DURING CHRISTMAS HOLIDAYS - to fix something that has been building up for 2 years.

Its like neglecting your car for 2 years and then being angry at the service man, because he cant repair all the shit in 2 days.

nahmeen?

Thana8088
01-03-2014, 12:35 PM
Low down and dirty, you know what im bout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7reeeApqWo

I see your Master P and raise you one Ludacris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZp7jRuFYk4

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:36 PM
Soulfire was clickable by non paladins in classic EQ.

Laugher
01-03-2014, 12:36 PM
http://i.imgur.com/eCF4rLq.png

and the rest of the staff :p will be enjoying lvling status for a few days

gl hf lockout diplomats

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Neither of TMO / FE's plans were "fair" let alone "very very" so of course I disagree with GM's involving themselves in non-abusive player interaciton. If they didn't like how people responded to FTE rules and variance they shouldn't have implimented either.

How so? They were more than fair. TMO had everything to lose and casuals had everything to gain. They weren't equitable... and they shouldn't be. Fair... yep.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 12:40 PM
I see your Master P and raise you one Ludacris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZp7jRuFYk4

I do not see anything related to ludacris in your sig.

Plus I am SURE i used this song to hate on some young bucks around here before.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:41 PM
How so? They were more than fair. TMO had everything to lose and casuals had everything to gain. They weren't equitable... and they shouldn't be. Fair... yep.

Fair is, by its nature, a subjective consideration. I don't see them as fair and I have no issue with non-equitable solutions as more effort deserves more availability of rewards.

Joroz
01-03-2014, 12:48 PM

To be fair they should just eliminate the problem. It's not at all fair to ask volunteer staff to babysit raiders because they cannot play nice with each other. Lay out the bans, clear the queues and help players instead of mediating raid disputes.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 12:50 PM
To be fair they should just eliminate the problem. It's not at all fair to ask volunteer staff to babysit raiders because they cannot play nice with each other. Lay out the bans, clear the queues and help players instead of mediating raid disputes.

Need a clear definition of what the "problem" is though.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 12:53 PM

Your guild!

Disillusion
01-03-2014, 12:54 PM

Raid Scene
It continues to be an aggravating realization among CSR staff that 10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content...

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 12:55 PM

Because raiders aren't players.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 12:57 PM
Your guild!

^^ This attitude

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 12:58 PM
In my opinion the #1 problem is population.

after that it comes to knowledge, we know every detail of every encounter.

a server split would help but only temporarily and put more stress on the csr team or they would have to recruit more people to deal with the new server.

drakelord
01-03-2014, 01:01 PM
They could also increase the spawn rate and limit how many times a month a guild can clear an encounter, but I guess that wouldn't be very classic like.

Messianic
01-03-2014, 01:01 PM

a server split would help but only temporarily and put more stress on the csr team or they would have to recruit more people to deal with the new server.

#1 problem is lack of resources to introduce velious in a timely manner. Everything else after that is secondary.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 01:02 PM

#1 problem is no velious, and an extended kunark that allowed over 1000 60's. So ya pretty much.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 01:04 PM
^^ This attitude

Aww

drakelord
01-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I have a feeling it won't take more than a few months to max out on Velious anyway. There isn't a level cap increase, and no AA points, so once people get raid geared, it'll fly by.

jaybone
01-03-2014, 01:05 PM
I have a feeling it won't take more than a few months to max out on Velious anyway. There isn't a level cap increase, and no AA points, so once people get raid geared, it'll fly by.

wtb luclin

Nirgon
01-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Your guild!

No. The problem is the # of mobs, # of players who have had way too much time including bonus xp weekends out the ass to hit max level.

The other problem is "terms are dictated to you" by a top guild which you immediately respond to with refusal and indignation. As very apparent, it took EXTREME measures by the staff to even get you THINKING about agreeing and it STILL can't happen.

The way to go here (I know, me suggesting shit) is to get a majority of guilds in agreement on a system, give the others some time to talk it over and then, they either:

GET WITH THE PROGRAM

OR

GET DISBANDED

As I've said, I've been on both sides of these disputes and trying to get mobs. What Rogean did really was the only way to get us this close, now, its time for people to get with the program or get disbanded. That's the only way we can move forward.

Inb4 I want to see any single guild disbanded here, I don't. Inb4 I just want you to bend to TMO/FE's "mandates" (they aren't mandates).

As Alarti said before, they were willing to (very begrudgingly, the "uber" hardended CORE won't even come back if I understand correctly) give up 22 spawns a month (that's like 30 days almost a raid mob a day here). I think them holding down Faydedar, Inny, CT were ridiculous at times when they didn't have mains that needed epics and it was time to share. However, refusing to even make an EFFORT to track the mob when its your turn etc is just plain old lazy and ridiculous. If you can't put forth that much effort, I really don't think you deserve raid mobs. And I don't mean 24-7 track watches. I mean between 5pm-11pm normal time having 1 tracker out of your supposedly "same size" guild at the mob.

EverQuest isn't a game about "everyone seeing the content", it was NEVER by intention a game like this. However, I do agree its a 14 year old game and people need to chill out and let others enjoy the content. I think most of the propositions were reasonable and its obvious some people can't pick something that isn't completely in their favor. It's a COMPROMISE, so learn to treat it like one and work with each other. If you're getting 4 mobs a month up from 0, be happy. Velious will also come and I hope current rotations will be even more relaxed and further divided by guilds choosing and sticking to factions.

That said... I definitely saw this coming and the staff has pushed you 95% of the way. I've been more pleased to see Nilbog even suggest things and Rogean/Sirken working with you guys. However, a 5% push to force out those who cannot understand what a COMPROMISE is (not getting EXACTLY what you want) is going to be necessary.

My favorite thing that will come out of this is an END to poop socking and 2-4am batphones for ANYONE. Also understand you'll hafta be patient for items and show up to a lot of raids no matter what system is in place if you are to get the things you want. Understand that's going to take a lot of time and raids, NOTHING changes that.

Elmarnieh
01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
They could also increase the spawn rate and limit how many times a month a guild can clear an encounter, but I guess that wouldn't be very classic like.

So the issue built by a lack of supply you wish to solve by limiting an already more-limited supply than was classic?

This makes sense how?

drakelord
01-03-2014, 01:11 PM
So the issue built by a lack of supply you wish to solve by limiting an already more-limited supply than was classic?

This makes sense how?

Increasing the spawn rate would increase the supply, and limiting guilds from clearing it too many times would allow more to have access to that supply. How does that limit supply?

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 01:11 PM

Faction theres so much faction work to do in velious.

Just realized all these rival guilds could just pick a different faction instead of fighting over shit. I know that theres obviously a best but at least it gives a different option.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 01:12 PM
stuff

Jesus christ

Fountree
01-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Nirgon being awesome again, check

Making Radditsu look like an even bigger moron than he appears to be, hard to do, but check.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Nirgon being awesome again, check

Making Radditsu look like an even bigger moron than he appears to be, hard to do, but check.

Dude I said two words and made his giant ego spew shit for 3/4th of a page. Why don't you crawl back to your little hole, and wait for that batphone for your little raids.

Oh wait.

fastboy21
01-03-2014, 01:23 PM
Faction theres so much faction work to do in velious.

Just realized all these rival guilds could just pick a different faction instead of fighting over shit. I know that theres obviously a best but at least it gives a different option.

Yes...but this is the choice of all who play classic EQ. We know all the content that will ever be on this server. There will be no additional content added. Ever.

If you can't enjoy it or if you've enjoyed it as much as you can, then its time to take a break until Velious, not to ruin the server for those who still find static content enjoyable.

Either folks enjoy playing on a server with static content or they don't. In the long run, maybe they will consider hitting the reset button, but its been stated multiple times that this isn't likely to happen for a variety of reasons.

Fountree
01-03-2014, 01:26 PM
Dude I said two words and made his giant ego spew shit for 3/4th of a page. Why don't you crawl back to your little hole, and wait for that batphone for your little raids.

Oh wait.

Havent raided in 3 weeks actually, and I feel great. I get to level my lowbie mage and chill w/ some popcorn till this crap blows over and my guild can dominate again. Tears are classic.

radditsu
01-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Havent raided in 3 weeks actually, and I feel great. I get to level my lowbie mage and chill w/ some popcorn till this crap blows over and my guild can dominate again. Tears are classic.

You are playing a druid in a raid. Whatever "dominating" your guild does has nothing to do with you.

Except for ports to hate..oh wait..wizard

except for heals...oh wait bp clerics,

You can evac stragglers to Talendor and Sev!

good job by you!

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Yes...but this is the choice of all who play classic EQ. We know all the content that will ever be on this server. There will be no additional content added. Ever.

If you can't enjoy it or if you've enjoyed it as much as you can, then its time to take a break until Velious, not to ruin the server for those who still find static content enjoyable.

Either folks enjoy playing on a server with static content or they don't. In the long run, maybe they will consider hitting the reset button, but its been stated multiple times that this isn't likely to happen for a variety of reasons.

I'm not sure why you quoted me, maybe I need to take a break from forumquest. I'm just thinking that if TMo goes Thurg faction then a different guild could do giants because they don't want to deal with tmo.

obviously theres a best faction and people are going to want the best but there is a viable option to do something else unlike now

Nefarum
01-03-2014, 01:31 PM
Dears Devs, GMs, Rogean:

There's been a lot of discussion and ideas put forward. Different guilds have different motives, and there'll never be a plan that everyone perfectly agrees on. I don't see a full consensus ever happening.

You guys have the power, I think it's time you just choose/formulate rules you think are best and enforce them. It's your server, people will have to live with what you choose. I'd say just take the ideas you think are best and implement a plan.

It's the only way I see things moving forward. Please just implement a new raid policy, people will learn to live with it.

Nocsucow
01-03-2014, 01:32 PM

do you people understand whats going on? THERE IS GOING TO BE NO MORE DOMINATING

radditsu
01-03-2014, 01:32 PM
do you people understand whats going on? THERE IS GOING TO BE NO MORE DOMINATING

lol he doesn't.

Alarti0001
01-03-2014, 01:33 PM
You are playing a druid in a raid. Whatever "dominating" your guild does has nothing to do with you.

Except for ports to hate..oh wait..wizard

except for heals...oh wait bp clerics,

You can evac stragglers to Talendor and Sev!

good job by you!

He usually plays his rogue....

OMGWTF420
01-03-2014, 01:34 PM
this is just sad lol. daddy sirken had to come in and ground you all because you couldnt share your toys. L O fucking L

Nirgon
Jesus christ

Radd I don't hate you or tear down your posts.

I even feel like its time to release Velious in a state like Kunark was when it first dropped. Here's what making a compromise looks like. I would HATE to see progression (likely way too easy) through Velious with tainted pixels. I probably would hate that as much as you would like to go back to the old system where TMO got "everything".

My primary concern right now is the division of the player base into a real "haves" vs "have nots" and players quitting. Lots of players when they quit, especially if their guild is disbanded, don't look back (they will still be on the forums tho). That's not good and not what I want.

I think its time for a Velious release that's a little more "project" than "classic" to be honest. For the good of the server, seriously. I know Nilbog wants to do this one perfect, we all do, but... I think it may truly be time to turn us loose and let us wade through the zones and do the pointing out work of NPCs for them as patch as we go.

this is just sad lol. daddy sirken had to come in and ground you all because you couldnt share your toys. L O fucking L

I knew that would happen.

radditsu
He usually plays his rogue....

Ok cool, he's useful then.

Nirgon
01-03-2014, 01:36 PM
Radd (and others) its just time to take the "fuck TMO" record off repeat and think about the content available and # of players at max level. TMO isn't holding up agreements to things.

Fight for a Velious, even if its not finished, to spread things out. I think it may be what is best.

Rhambuk
01-03-2014, 01:37 PM
I even feel like its time to release Velious in a state like Kunark was when it first dropped.

would be awful, kunark wasn't so horribly broken but Vp was a messy joke.. and if that's any indication of what ntov would be then PLEASE WAIT.