PDA

View Full Version : EC tunnel wtf

kenzar
07-30-2010, 06:40 PM
Yes, yes EC tunnel is great. but can we please do something about these buff begging cunts who just sit there and demand buffs in say/tells? i say we all deny buff requests and nip this annoyance in the bud! buffs are not a requirement for leveling, get over it and sink your time into the game like the rest of us did.
and no donations dont make it better, keep your 32gold and 178silver i dont want that garbage. if we were that hard up for plat that we needed your 32gold we wouldnt be sitting in EC, we'd be out farming plat...

Anyone else with me on the flat out denial to these buff beggars?

h0tr0d (shaere)
07-30-2010, 06:49 PM
part of eq, and you can't blame em.

Kraftwerk
07-30-2010, 06:49 PM
We were all lowbies once and if someone comes to me in tunnel and politely asks for buff I buff them no problem.

Dantes
07-30-2010, 06:51 PM

Nope.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 06:57 PM
i only rant about it because i watched a level 2 today literally ping between any and all cleric/druid he could identify as such and beg buffs for 45min. in that 45min he could have gotten at least lvl 5 without the buffs.
I watched another beg for sow for a CR for 20min...his corpse was in sro... in that 20min he could have already been back to his corpse and gaining that lost exp back.
my recommendation of the all out refusal of buffage is for their own good. lets help these newbs be self sufficient, instead of the boil on our tunnel's ass that they are.

im tired of sitting there peddling my wares and all of the sudden get bombarded with 5 tells from 5 different noobs all saying " DS/chloro plz". shit is annoying

Itchybottom
07-30-2010, 06:59 PM
I figure if I'm sitting there trying to buy, or sell something for a prolonged period, it's only mana. I throw a damage shield on whoever asks. It's not like I'm going to do anything else with my mana. If anything, I actually dislike it more when they try to hand you money since it forces a window to pop up without disabling trade in options.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 07:11 PM
it's only mana.

Yeah, its only my mana. and i got from level 1 - 50 on my mana, all solo. i can count on one hand the number of times i ever got buffed by any 'high' levels on my way up the ranks. the way i see it, if u feel that u NEED buffs to level, i dont want you at 50, and ill be damned if im going to help you.

Qaedain
07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
We were all lowbies once and if someone comes to me in tunnel and politely asks for buff I buff them no problem.

+1. Any time I'm in EC, I'll hand out DSes. They made a world of difference for me when I was level 1-10. :)

Daldaen
07-30-2010, 07:20 PM
I have no issue telling them, no I don't have mana sorry. Or no I'm about to head out and kite something and I want to have mana and not need to wait another 3 minutes to med up :/.

But if I'm sitting afking and medding I'll buff you up.

What upsets me is anonymous / roleplay people. ESPECIALLY when they ask me for buffs or teleports. Fuck no, you are hidding your class so that people can't ask you for help... I refuse to help you if you are that selfish.

Shannacore
07-30-2010, 07:25 PM

No

Straif
07-30-2010, 07:35 PM
Yes, yes EC tunnel is great. but can we please do something about these buff begging cunts who just sit there and demand buffs in say/tells? i say we all deny buff requests and nip this annoyance in the bud! buffs are not a requirement for leveling, get over it and sink your time into the game like the rest of us did.
and no donations dont make it better, keep your 32gold and 178silver i dont want that garbage. if we were that hard up for plat that we needed your 32gold we wouldnt be sitting in EC, we'd be out farming plat...

its people like you that justify the trains in the tunnel
get fucked

kenzar
07-30-2010, 07:40 PM
its people like you that justify the trains in the tunnel
get fucked

i like to call them "the great culling" and yeah i appreciate them. they grant me 30 sec of solace in between the begging. worst part of the trains are that they have to end.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 07:44 PM
as far as the politics (or lack thereof) behind the trains, i dont know or care. i just get a good lol at watching 10 newbs drop. ive never trained and never will, but as a spectator i enjoy them.

Autotune
07-30-2010, 07:46 PM
just tell people in /shout " I don't give out buffs b/c i've got a small penis "

I'm sure everyone will understand and leave you alone to sulk.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 07:52 PM
yeah bro, good one :confused:

Waedawen
07-30-2010, 07:52 PM
I tell people "No"

And then I get the question "Why?"

Fuck yourself. I don't owe you shit. If I wanted to buff you I'd say yes.

Waedawen
07-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Well I should say, 80% of the time I say No

kenzar
07-30-2010, 07:53 PM
I tell people "No"

And then I get the question "Why?"

Fuck yourself. I don't owe you shit. If I wanted to buff you I'd say yes.

Holy shit someone with a brain. good to hear not everyone puts up with this shit.

Straif
07-30-2010, 08:02 PM
GET FUCKED

Humwawa
07-30-2010, 08:03 PM
Mana is a renewable resource, especially if you're sitting in EC doing absolutely nothing.

Poeskas
07-30-2010, 08:04 PM
yeahhh.. i always buff lowbies if i have the time and mana

kenzar
07-30-2010, 08:07 PM
GET FUCKED
how articulate, i appreciate your contribution to the thread, i really do. are there any other pearls of knowledge you would like to drop here from your bag of infinite insight?

Quitis
07-30-2010, 08:10 PM
If you buff a noob in ec tunnel there is a big chance you're going to get agro from Rinna and wtfpwned. At least charge for the buff and force that abacab alt to pay you for the honor of getting raped.

Buff noobs in EC tunnel at your own risk, if you want to die go for it.

Tronjer
07-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Yeah, its only my mana. and i got from level 1 - 50 on my mana, all solo. i can count on one hand the number of times i ever got buffed by any 'high' levels on my way up the ranks. the way i see it, if u feel that u NEED buffs to level, i dont want you at 50, and ill be damned if im going to help you.

You sound like someone who is not much of use in terms of cooperation and might as well /quit. Nobody would miss you.

Straif
07-30-2010, 08:14 PM
how articulate, i appreciate your contribution to the thread, i really do. are there any other pearls of knowledge you would like to drop here from your bag of infinite insight?

Player #1: If someone is consistently nagging, with a bad attitude, not doing a god damn thing but sitting in the tunnel for 25 - 30 minutes asking and asking and asking for buffs.. Ok, I get it.

Player #2: If someone is passing through the vicinity and or asks you one time politely.

You can do whatever you please. If it was me, I'd flame Player #1, Then Buff #2.

This is classic EQ. It's hard out there sometimes. Higher level people helping the lowbies has always been a part of the classic experience.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Mana is a renewable resource, especially if you're sitting in EC doing absolutely nothing.

mana isnt the issue. i have a problem with:

A: xxxx tells you: buff me
you reply: no
xxxx tells you: why?

B: xxxx spends 30+ minutes bugging people for buffs so quote "i can level". i got news for ya bud, buffs arent a requirement for leveling, most of us got 50 without being buffed. i help those who help themselves. instead of wasting that 30+min begging for buffs you should actually go out and level on your own.

When i see "i need buffs so i can level", i interpret as "i need buffs because im lazy and dont want to work for anything."

kenzar
07-30-2010, 08:23 PM
You sound like someone who is not much of use in terms of cooperation and might as well /quit. Nobody would miss you.

Im very cooperative with people who help themselves first, and when they cant succeed, then ask for help. i do not view a lvl 7 with the name suxtits begging for buffs as someone who has even attempted to help themselves.
I cooperate very well on guild raids, and i have gear to prove it. dont cry to me if u are a noob who wants shit handed to them. get off your ass and work for it, the game isnt easy by design, get over it and play or as u so eloquently put it "/quit. nobody would miss you."

kenzar
07-30-2010, 08:25 PM
Player #1: If someone is consistently nagging, with a bad attitude, not doing a god damn thing but sitting in the tunnel for 25 - 30 minutes asking and asking and asking for buffs.. Ok, I get it.

Player #2: If someone is passing through the vicinity and or asks you one time politely.

You can do whatever you please. If it was me, I'd flame Player #1, Then Buff #2.

This is classic EQ. It's hard out there sometimes. Higher level people helping the lowbies has always been a part of the classic experience.

im inclined to agree with you. i have no problem with your player #2, and thats not what this thread is about. my beef is with your player #1...

Walabaego
07-30-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm glad to see the majority of posts disagree with OP, because OP should just /quit imo. If you dont wanna buff people /anon /ignore them, douche. I level all my characters up without Buff Bumming, but I will go out of my way to buff lowbies. Karma's a bitch.

Autotune
07-30-2010, 08:27 PM
im inclined to agree with you. i have no problem with your player #2, and thats not what this thread is about. my beef is with your player #1...

ah you were comin off a little more like a straight up hater of all people that asked for buffs haha.

Now it's all comin together.

I subtract my previous comment.

rioisk
07-30-2010, 08:30 PM
i only rant about it because i watched a level 2 today literally ping between any and all cleric/druid he could identify as such and beg buffs for 45min. in that 45min he could have gotten at least lvl 5 without the buffs.
I watched another beg for sow for a CR for 20min...his corpse was in sro... in that 20min he could have already been back to his corpse and gaining that lost exp back.
my recommendation of the all out refusal of buffage is for their own good. lets help these newbs be self sufficient, instead of the boil on our tunnel's ass that they are.

im tired of sitting there peddling my wares and all of the sudden get bombarded with 5 tells from 5 different noobs all saying " DS/chloro plz". shit is annoying

Are you kidding? 45 minutes 2-5? 3-4 is hell! I don't blame the noobs.....a DS/chloro/HP buff and you can be level 10 in 10 minutes.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 08:31 PM
Karma's a bitch.

Actually karma is a silly notion made by man in an attempt to explain something that he couldnt understand.

Swiftsong_Lorekeeper
07-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I can understand the people that beg for buffs. I wouldn't necessarily think that saying no to all noobs would be the answer though. I would leave it to the ones that only ask once nicely and either reply sure/yes or no and leave it at that. This is more of an opinionated question and depends how each person feels about it really. If you feel you have been wronged or annoyed then just simply don't buff them. Not everybody is a people person and some people have shorter tempers than others so my advice would be to say no or whatever and just either /ignore that person or don't pay them any attention.

Walabaego
07-30-2010, 08:34 PM
Actually karma is a silly notion made by man in an attempt to explain something that he couldnt understand.

Fail Harder.

Edgetiq
07-30-2010, 08:38 PM

God what a miserable cunt you are.

kenzar
Fail Harder.

umad? did i offend your..."faith" lol.

i laffed harder...not sure about fail

Walabaego
umad? did i offend your..."faith" lol.

i laffed harder...not sure about fail

Lol what? Is World of Warcraft down or something?

Simplistik
07-30-2010, 08:39 PM
if we were that hard up for plat that we needed your 32gold we wouldnt be sitting in EC, we'd be out farming plat...

Who's this we shit? Speak for yourself not others, if you don't feel the want to buff others then ignore them or the tells simple as that.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 08:41 PM
^^What?, i was just having a laf at the expense of your beliefs in imaginary forces and beings that control everything, nothing more.

StinkyGreenBud
07-30-2010, 09:10 PM

Then ignore them and don't buff them you goddamn girl.

kenzar
07-30-2010, 09:14 PM
o geez never thought of that! how do you ignore people? i dont know because im a goddamn girl and my brain is too full of things like my babies,crying and my period. Thanks! for nothing.:cool:

Tronjer
07-30-2010, 09:19 PM
I cooperate very well on guild raids, and i have gear to prove it. dont cry to me if u are a noob who wants shit handed to them. get off your ass and work for it, the game isnt easy by design, get over it and play or as u so eloquently put it "/quit. nobody would miss you."

You're a funny guy. :)

I was in the top 30 of serverwide EQ ranking but never displayed such a condescending attitude toward young players. So if you want to claim bragging rights here, just show us your EQ live agenda and then we might talk about who's the noob.

Real top dogs are mature, professional and don't need to belittle younger players to prove their superiorty. If you had belong to this lot, you already would know this, but anyway. If I ever accidentally should ask you to hook me up with a SOW or stuff, just say you're the retard from R&F board and I won't bother you again. Promised. :)

kenzar
07-30-2010, 09:36 PM
You're a funny guy. :)

I was in the top 30 of serverwide EQ ranking but never displayed such a condescending attitude toward young players. So if you want to claim bragging rights here, just show us your EQ live agenda and then we might talk about who's the noob.

Real top dogs are mature, professional and don't need to belittle younger players to prove their superiorty. If you had belong to this lot, you already would know this, but anyway. If I ever accidentally should ask you to hook me up with a SOW or stuff, just say you're the retard from R&F board and I won't bother you again. Promised. :)

i was merely pointing out the fact that i do cooperate with people in game to reach a mutual goal, raiding etc. i do have a problem when people ask me to carry them, by begging buffs or $ or whatever.

Im not condescending to lower level players, but i will berate someone who bugs and pesters others for buffs just because they think "its too hard to level without them".

What does eqlive have to do with anything posted here? great you were top30 blahblah. next time u feel the need to flex your epeen make sure its at least relevant to the thread.

Bubbles
07-30-2010, 09:56 PM
So, after spending all day in this thread QQing about newbies wanting buffs, did you manage to sell your items in EC?

kenzar
07-30-2010, 10:03 PM
aww bubbles:) thanks for asking, yes i did, im out.

Raexa
07-30-2010, 10:13 PM
Obvious troll.

Humwawa
07-30-2010, 10:13 PM
xxxx tells you: buff me
you reply: no
xxxx tells you: why?

"Buff me" requests are Nature's way of saying, "Please mess with this one as much as possible before you buff them." I usually buff people randomly, anyway.

When I was 26, Anon and EXP'ing in Qeynos Hills, a 50 druid ran up to me and stood in front of me for 10 minutes, not saying anything. He stood in front of me while I was medding, and while I was in combat. Finally he sends me a tell -

"buff me"

I think that was the only time I've ever denied anyone Clarity... but of course, I couldn't have cast it anyway.

Humwawa
07-30-2010, 10:14 PM
Excuse me. He said...

"gimme crack"

Same difference, right?

Zereh
07-30-2010, 10:57 PM
Everyone is free to ask; you are free not to reply.

I don't really see letting something like this get under my skin enough to rant about. /ignore works wonders if someone is really out of line. I've not had to use it yet.

;) Z

eqdruid76
07-30-2010, 11:03 PM
I have ignored those wankers for 11 years.

If I don't know you IRL, we're not friends in-game, we're not in the same guild, or a trade window doesn't pop up, I'm not going to buff you.

The expectation that a random stranger is going to hold your dick for you while you piss is testament to the complete uselessness of Generations X, Y and Z.

Straif
07-31-2010, 12:07 AM
I have ignored those wankers for 11 years.

If I don't know you IRL, we're not friends in-game, we're not in the same guild, or a trade window doesn't pop up, I'm not going to buff you.

The expectation that a random stranger is going to hold your dick for you while you piss is testament to the complete uselessness of Generations X, Y and Z.

Hi Mr. Friendly :)

I believe Generation X ranges from 1961 - 1975'ish?
You must be 49+, its the only way your old man styled-rant "Get off my god damn lawn you little shits" makes sense.

If you are over 49 years old and feel this way about people, I want to thank you personally. You and your peers did an awesome job with the children you spawned into a day and age in which none of you have done anything significant to make the world a better place.

If you aren't over 49, you have fallen into the same group of people in which you generalized as being "wankers" or by the tone of your post "a waste of space"... everyone but you.

I lawled. Gunna log in right now, beg for buffs, train EC tunnel, get banned, than knock on my neighbors door and ask for a cup of sugar and an extra hand to hold my dick while I piss.

eqdruid76
07-31-2010, 01:11 AM
Make sure you also leave a bag of flaming poop on my door too.

Aye, I call shit "poop". This is the greatest night of your life.

eqdruid76
07-31-2010, 01:15 AM
Also, Gen X is 61-81. Gen Y starts with 82, and it's no coincidence that every single person I've ever met who was born in 82 is a total imbecile on all levels. Man, that would be sweet if you're 28. That would really amuse me. But even if you were, you'd just lie and say you're not. :P

Edgetiq
07-31-2010, 06:19 AM
Also, Gen X is 61-81. Gen Y starts with 82, and it's no coincidence that every single person I've ever met who was born in 82 is a total imbecile on all levels. Man, that would be sweet if you're 28. That would really amuse me. But even if you were, you'd just lie and say you're not. :P

Treehugging hippy!

Allizia
07-31-2010, 07:15 AM

Ouch =( jerk

Edgetiq
07-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Ouch =( jerk

I wouldn't pay any attention to him to be honest he's probably a recluse lives in his mums basement and is about 500lbs.

I understand his anger at the virtual world!

eqdruid76
07-31-2010, 08:10 AM
I wouldn't pay any attention to him to be honest he's probably a recluse lives in his mums basement and is about 500lbs.

WRONG!!!!!

My mom lives in MY basement. Which reminds me, I should probably check on her....

Straif
07-31-2010, 09:40 AM

The virtual world? I sometimes believe the line blurs between real life attitudes and sentiments and those portrayed on the internet. The only difference is the anonymity of the web lets you get away with shit you normally wouldn't do / say / act in the real world.

My only beef is, when I see things like that in either or, I have to ask myself, is it up to me to be the change I want to see in the world or does everyone have a lethargic attitude and or generalize / hate people just to do it?

I'm curious as to what eqdruid thinks... I'm 24, and considering you don't discriminate (i.e. everyone) is a piece of shit. What can I do (or should I do) to better myself and my peers?

Can you pass along some wisdom or should I just go the Timothy McVeigh route?

Nedala
07-31-2010, 10:24 AM
When i hang out with my druid i always buff people when i have time and mana. What i dont like is when people just standing in front of me waiting for buffs but not even asking. After awhile something like "buffs plz" appears in chat, thats not very nice.

On my enc i used to ask for buffs too at ec tunnel so if people ask nice its np for me to buff them :)

HippoNipple
08-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I have no issue telling them, no I don't have mana sorry. Or no I'm about to head out and kite something and I want to have mana and not need to wait another 3 minutes to med up :/.

But if I'm sitting afking and medding I'll buff you up.

What upsets me is anonymous / roleplay people. ESPECIALLY when they ask me for buffs or teleports. Fuck no, you are hidding your class so that people can't ask you for help... I refuse to help you if you are that selfish.

Heh I never thought about it that way, I'm usually on roleplay/anon but don't do it to not be helpful, I'm just a mysterious guy.

Shannacore
08-02-2010, 05:00 PM
This is totally my fault. I spoiled teh newbs. Sorry newbs, Tralina has retired from the EC tunnel :(

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=10839

Straif
08-02-2010, 05:11 PM
... Tralina obtained a manastone!

Keep buffin' sucka!

Inc spam tells!

Shannacore
08-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Keep buffin' sucka!

Inc spam tells!

That manastone was borrowed, and the owner sold it.

LEAVE ME BE.

Straif
08-02-2010, 05:20 PM
That manastone was borrowed, and the owner sold it.

LEAVE ME BE.

LIES!
LIES IN MY EYES!
jk jk... :D

Theldios
08-02-2010, 05:46 PM
The only time it ever really gets stuck in my craw is when it is a twink and he has better gear than me. Cause i think to me self shit with that gear you don't need buffs you should be able to steam roll everything outside that tunnel.
But I do give buffs freely to any new players that ask and have been known to sit in front of the Freeport gate buffing all low levels