PDA

View Full Version : How rare is a torch?

Troy
07-29-2010, 05:47 AM
I've been camping magicians in Najena for 12+ hours and never seen a fucking torch. I've gained an entire level by killing mages ONLY, most of which are green to me at lvl 29. I have collected over 700 gold coins. I have a broom, a stein, a shovel, and have let several more rot looking for a single FUCKING TORCH. WHAT THE FUCK.

What good is an item which will let me level faster if it takes so long to get the fucking thing that I could gain 10 levels in the time it takes to camp for the fucker?

Why am I playing a game that makes me furious instead of sleeping or doing something that I actually enjoy?

Why?

Friday
07-29-2010, 05:50 AM
Crocs in CT. Must've gotten 8 torches over the course of 5 hours.

Qaedain
07-29-2010, 05:55 AM
I saw four torches drop before I saw the remaining focus items.

It's all luck of the draw.

Walabaego
07-29-2010, 06:27 AM
I saw four torches drop before I saw the remaining focus items.

It's all luck of the draw.

Bingo, luck of the draw :) Got all my focus items in about 2 hours when I was collecting.

Troy
07-29-2010, 06:31 AM
Eh, fuck you guys and your torches. You took them all and left none for me!

Jify
07-29-2010, 08:14 AM
Actually, I went right to the source.

The crocodiles appeared to ingest the stein, torch, broom or shovel shortly after birth (spawning). It logically follows that the 4 quest items should be readily available on the ground, since that is the only area in which the crocodiles can eat the items shortly after spawning.

However, try as I must, I could not find any of the 4 items on the ground in any quantity. I did, at one point, see an invisible gnome run by.

I've concluded that the crocodiles must be eating gnomes, which, depending on their level of intelligence, will do one of the following:

+Craft a torch, so they can explore the innards of the crocodile (assumed to be looking for a way out)
+Craft a broom, so they can clean up their temporary home.
+Craft a shovel, in which to dig out of the crocodile. (Note: They may simply use the shovel to pile excrement away from themselves, in order to use the broom somewhat succesfully)
+Craft a stein, once they've given up hope, to drink a specially concocted crocodile-gut beer.

Now, since only one single item is found per kill, the gnomes must follow some sort of sequence. I'd like to propose the following timeline:
+Gnome is swallowed.
+Gnome crafts torch to look around.
+Gnome decides to ride it out, dissembles torch to craft shovel.
+Gnome begins pilling poop away from it.
+Gnome then crafts a broom from the shovel.
+Broom used to further clean the area.
+Gnome realizes it's hopeless, and crafts a stein from the shovel.
+Gnome drinks until dead (not that long, gnomes are lightweights)
+Adventurer kills crocodile, discovers stein.

So, in order to find your torch you must find a freshly eaten gnome within a crocodile.

My solution to the problem? I put up safety posters in the basement of CT to alert gnomes to the danger of gnome eating crocodiles, and advised that they use the buddy system.

Crocodile related gnome fatalities have gone down 75%. Meanwhile, the amount of posts complaining about low drop rates have increased by 75%. Coincidence? I think not.

Falisaty
07-29-2010, 09:53 AM
LOL At jify

heyokah
07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Now, since only one single item is found per kill, the gnomes must follow some sort of sequence. I'd like to propose the following timeline:
+Gnome is swallowed.
+Gnome crafts torch to look around.
+Gnome decides to ride it out, dissembles torch to craft shovel.
+Gnome begins pilling poop away from it.
+Gnome then crafts a broom from the shovel.
+Broom used to further clean the area.
+Gnome realizes it's hopeless, and crafts a stein from the shovel.
+Gnome drinks until dead (not that long, gnomes are lightweights)
+Adventurer kills crocodile, discovers stein.

So, in order to find your torch you must find a freshly eaten gnome within a crocodile.

Well done sir.

guineapig
07-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Well done sir.

I must agree. Jify wins this round for sure!

Humerox
07-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Lol @ Jify.

That sir, is an instant classic.

Lelroni
07-30-2010, 08:22 AM
Hi fellow mages. I too am looking for the torch. However I am only level 23, and I've been having problems in Najena (weird aggro bugs for the most part, and not to mention that it seems camped 24/7 by other mages haha). What level are the crocs in CT? What level is CT in general? I thought I read on Allakhazam that someone mentioned the crocs outside CT (in Feerrot), can also drop them. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

azeth
07-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Hi fellow mages. I too am looking for the torch. However I am only level 23, and I've been having problems in Najena (weird aggro bugs for the most part, and not to mention that it seems camped 24/7 by other mages haha). What level are the crocs in CT? What level is CT in general? I thought I read on Allakhazam that someone mentioned the crocs outside CT (in Feerrot), can also drop them. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

The alligators you're referring to are between levels 18 and 34. To get to them from the CT zone line:

Go through the beginning double doors (2 mobs)
Do a 180 and notice a ladder on either side of the double doors.
Go up either ladder (1 mob at the top) and follow the tunnel to the bottom
Arrive at the bottom notice 2 guards standing around a water tunnel.
This water tunnel leads you to Gator-Topia... you will see when you get there.