PDA

View Full Version : raid nice policy ideas

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-20-2013, 01:49 AM
I only have one suggestion, but this is just how I've seen it handled when I played on live and in eq2.

If your guild has a spawn on lockdown, if when it spawns a competing guild is also there, you give them x number of minutes to make one attempt. If they fail, then you take the mob as usual.

This was a general courtesy policy. It is not rocket science. It kept the peace. And, we usually ended up getting the kills anyway.

And in my guilds, if a member interfered with the first shot we were giving our (lesser) competition, by training or other shit, that player often was at risk of being deguilded.

This is not hard to do. Every guild leader knows full well if they have gotten the majority of kills of each mob. We never wanted to totally fuck over our competition. We gave them chances.

Of course, when they failed and we got the kill, that does not mean we did not /ooc grats rot! the drops.

This would be a simple courtesy policy. But it can only be implemented if guild/raid leaders are not immature twats.

Yinikren
12-20-2013, 01:59 AM
We are gonna need a player enforced rotation to keep the peace. There are too many raid guilds trying to vie for the top now to allow anything less to take place. Each guild will get 2-3 mobs THAT THEY NEED FOR MAINS (so no TMO sitting on for sky efreetis or something they do just so the loot can rot) a week on a rotating schedule. That's about the best we can do to cater to all guilds involved and still get our raid on.

Troubled
12-20-2013, 02:01 AM
Talks are happening. Stay tuned!

Handull
12-20-2013, 02:15 AM
don't worry, multiple guilds have been talking with each other and afaik agreeing to a way to get along and have fun. probably the best way to share ideas now is to talk within your guild, so you can flesh out an idea and then leadership can talk to one another.

Skass
12-20-2013, 02:24 AM
speaking of twats, how are you sadre?

Supreme
12-20-2013, 02:25 AM
Raid calendar with 6 hour KILL limit then FFA with party xp earning the spoils.

Introduce a tiered raid system for raid encounters. Place guilds on a progression chart for the encounters (ie noobie guild not on calendar for vp when they have not been capable of killing fay).

Change the spawn time from 7 days to 3 days and reduce the number of drops per kills. This will give players the "nostalgia" while not flooding the market with items.

Splorf22
12-20-2013, 02:33 AM
If your guild has a spawn on lockdown, if when it spawns a competing guild is also there, you give them x number of minutes to make one attempt. If they fail, then you take the mob as usual.

+1

I don't think a raid rotation will ever work as long as variance is still in place. But a little bit less leapfrogging would be a huge improvement.

Autotune
12-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Let's make it more classic and remove this terribly long variance as well, preferably right now during this 2 weeks so there are more mobs to be had for the guilds not involved with this scandal.

TMO gets 2 week raid suspension.

Every top priority target manages to go 2+ weeks without spawning due to variance mechanics.

<Tin Foil>

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-20-2013, 05:04 AM
why did u post this directly to RNF, don't u think people who opt out of RNF might want to have a say?

I know metal, I kind of felt this would devolve to rnf level so fast anyway. But you are right. Start a thread in the normal forum.

It's worth trying to figure out. And I would still put my same idea out there. Kill, dominate, but always give the competition a shot if they are massing too.

It hashes out to the dominant guild usually getting the kills anyway. And as I said, it keeps the peace.

Sadre Spinegnawer
12-20-2013, 05:06 AM
speaking of twats, how are you sadre?

I'm not a twat in game douchenozzle. That's my forumquest angle.

radditsu
12-20-2013, 09:29 AM
I'm not a twat in game douchenozzle. That's my forumquest angle.

This guy gets it.

radditsu
12-20-2013, 09:47 AM
TMO gets 2 week raid suspension.

Every top priority target manages to go 2+ weeks without spawning due to variance mechanics.

<Tin Foil>

I think we have finally put to rest...at least in regards to top level management, that TMO is not the recipient of any special favors. I honestly want to see if TMO will change what they do and some sort of coda of what will and will not be allowed from them/other raiding guilds, who do douchebag things from time to time as well.

We all want to see a raiding experience without the leapfrogging, "accidental" trains, and some sort of communication between guilds. Not petition quest and faggotry

Buriedpast
12-20-2013, 10:37 AM
Nominate people from each guild. Equip OT hammer, duel.

First to proc loses the mob.

Any ongoing poopsocking by losing guild is 1 month raid suspension. Winning guild has 20 mins to engage and kill.

Trak on rotation:
Server raid
Server raid
TMO
FE
IB

VP on rotation:
Serverwide open raid lead by any and all that want to go.
TMO
FE
IB

VS on rotation.
Server wide open raid
Same
TMO
FE
IB

Kagatob
12-20-2013, 01:56 PM
First step is to completely eliminate the terrible FTE system going on this server and never look back.