PDA

View Full Version : Vexenu, is it possible to combine our rulesets?

Aenor
11-02-2013, 08:41 AM
In my thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=121278), I propose a teams ruleset based on starting cities. After incorporating feedback, here's where I'm at:

Evil faction starting cities

1. Grobb
2. Oggok
3. Neriak
4. Paineel

Good faction starting cities

1. Rivervale
2. Felwithe
3. Kelethin

Neutral faction starting cities

1. Kaladim
2. Erudin
3. Ak'Anon

Contested starting cities:

1. Freeport - all factions can start here
2. Qeynos - all factions can start here
3. Halas - good and neutral factions can start here
3. Surefall Glade - good and neutral factions can start here (Tunare = good, Karana = neutral)

I concur with your idea that evil should be ffa to itself. This makes roleplaying sense and counterbalances the geographic advantage the evil team has with proximity to Guk, Najena, Sol A and Sol B, and its eventual annexation of Cabilis.

Although I feel many of your suggestions, such as stat bonuses for disadvantaged races, would make the server feel too custom, I do think that all hybrid XP penalties should be removed. These were a mistake by Verant and have hurt P99 through its strict classic adherence.

What customizations would you be willing to part with? Is anything I'm proposing a deal breaker for you? Is there a middle ground? Because if there is, and we can find it, I think we should lobby the staff to throw it on a beta server and let us take it for a drive.

Lowlife
11-02-2013, 09:27 AM
I like your OG ruleset better.

Lowlife
11-02-2013, 09:31 AM
The above ruleset is sure to relegate the neutrals to what the Good team was on SZ. 10% of the server and a PITA to the other teams at best. The below set you revised around page 3 or 4 from your thread I think allows for a better 3 team viability via making each team attractive through class combos or default areas on zone control.

Ok I'm in. By popular demand the factions/teams are:

Evil faction starting cities

1. Grobb
2. Oggok
3. Neriak
4. Paineel

Good faction starting cities

1. Rivervale
2. Qeynos
3. Felwithe
4. Kelethin
5. Halas

Neutral faction starting cities

1. Surefall Glade
2. Kaladim
3. Erudin
4. Ak'Anon
5. Freeport

Denying the Evil team of Bards, and having a 3-6 month gap without Iksars will give Good/Neut time to build up factional strength, as the evil time will no-doubt maintain a robust population regardless. Denying the Neutral team of Shamans, but providing them strategic advantages via proximity and control advantages to Freeport, Butcherblock, OOT, Erud's Crossing, Boats to Kunark and a monopoly on Epic quest items and zones for rogue among other tiny perks allow them to maintain viability, whereas the Good team has a wide birth of classes available to them.

I think this setup is more viable than any of the team setups from Live.

Lionfish Roundup
11-02-2013, 01:53 PM
shut up about teams

it isn't coming