PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Berserk

Penish
10-31-2013, 06:41 PM
A warrior will go berserk when falling below 30% health and will remain berserk permanently until his or her health reaches 45%. (Need confirmation of numbers.)
While berserk, the warrior gains a small amount of attack rating (how much?) and will score a crippling blow whenever he or she would normally have scored a critical hit.

Going berserk is accompanied by the message, "Soandso goes into a berserker frenzy!" which will appear in the chat boxes of both the warrior and another other nearby players. "Soandso is no longer berserk" signals the end of the effect.

Berserking is a hard-coded mechanic of the class and stacks with all buffs, disciplines, etc.

Cant find anymore information than this... if anyone could help ) Looking for actual mechanics.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
10-31-2013, 08:36 PM
It's 40% to drop into zerk and 45% to come out. I believe you get up to 3x damage as a max hit.

I believe with regards to mechanics you take a hit to agi and a bump in str - would need confirmation of that.

pharmakos
10-31-2013, 09:40 PM
I believe with regards to mechanics you take a hit to agi and a bump in str - would need confirmation of that.

on live back in the day, there was a visible boost to STR and hit to AGI on the inventory screen. not so on P99, dunno why. i always meant to make a bug report about it, but never bothered to dig up proof. does anyone else remember it being this way, though?

Incubo
10-31-2013, 10:36 PM
I can confirm, str did go up and agi went down. By how much? No idea...

heals4reals
10-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Arnt warriors suppose to remain normal run speed at low hp with berzerk? Any1 remember if that was true on live?

I.e. where all classes are being reduced to a walk speed at low hp, say 5%, warriors would not have this happen.

pharmakos
10-31-2013, 11:57 PM
^ that actually does sound right to me

i wonder if it changed at all on live. gonna investigate soon.

someone should check it out on EQMac before we can't check there anymore.

Penish
11-01-2013, 11:06 AM
I'll research this weekend and post my finding monday, GL on your searches as well.

Stumpy Grimlen
11-13-2013, 12:57 PM
warriors get crippling blows when berserk, which makes your crits do double damage. I've noticed that I don't go into berserk until 38% and I don't leave berserk until above 45%.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
11-13-2013, 09:52 PM
It's definitely 40% to get into it and 45% to leave. Need more people out there seeking their fellow warriors. That tactic is OP.

Penish
11-14-2013, 11:40 AM
Yeah Ive kept searching for a while and can find very little to no information that we all don't already know. And yeah crippling for 400 at level 30 is definatly an OP tactic.. and doing it for 2000 at 60.. Well :)

Im still looking for the actual mechanics for fun.. but the proof is in the pud's warriors are fun shit! :D

Wulvgeng
01-07-2014, 02:58 PM
So if the inventory screen doesnt show the STR go up and AGI take a hit in P99, does it actually happen and it not show, or it isnt working correctly?

Claytonhowell
02-05-2014, 10:13 PM
Strength should not go up, and it doesn't.

Agility shouldn't go down but it does around 20% effectively snaring you and reducing your AC by quite a substantial amount.

Berserk just allows your crits to do 3x damage rather than 2x. It never changed your base stats or min/max non crit hits. The only thing that it ever did was make your critical hits hit harder, it never snared you or lowered your AC on live and never increased your strength.

I played a warrior on live from 1999 until October of 2013. I made it to zone lines with single digit HP too many times to count and was never snared (maybe I had my AGI lowered but run speed never changed.) It is horrid that a tank gets a "class feature" that snares you and makes you take more damage when your hp is low.