PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

SamwiseRed
10-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I maintain a constant presence on Red. I am here, there, everywhere. One thing I've noticed is that there is definitely enough players to build a 3rd guild. I am not just talking about a leveling guild but a guild that could compete for classic planar mobs and some 2-3 group able Kunark stuff. Ya'll should really consolidate the 5-6 random lower level guilds into one and start grouping together.

Now for some this wont make sense because they are already planning to join either the resistance or Nilly but it would be nice to get some three way action going like the good ol classic days. I don't think you guys realize how quickly you guys could build something decent, especially with this crazy xp bonus.

Some tips.

1. group together as much as possible, nothing builds cohesion more than actually playing the game together.

2. stay away from cliches, this has always been a big problem in the past and its really unavoidable but just try to include everyone.

3. no melee left behind. you gotta put some time into helping melees, you wont get far without them and they wont get far without you.

4. find competent leadership, preferably someone with alot of play time. aka find someone who is unemployed and has a brain.

5. dont start no shit, there wont be no shit. squash drama whether it be loot or some other gay shit the moment it happens. people who cause trouble need to be booted until they can be men about it.

6. to add to 1, PVP TOGETHER. fuck the killboard. twice a week roam around in gank squads. start making a name for yourselves. you know you are doing something right when people get the fuck out of your way when you zone in.

7. everyone should have an alt, no really. this will alleviate alot of problems when being corpse camped or when a certain class is needed. some good alts are porting/buffing classes. pretty gay when you cant goto hate or some shit cuz no wizards online.

8. keep trolling fun and in game. dont encourage the bad trolling. all this does is give people another excuse to join the zerg. is also ruins immersion.

9. voice comms, no brainer. there is a big p99 mumble server free to use until u get our own.

10. last but not least, have a plan, an agenda, a direction for the guild. have goals that involve everyone such as in one month have 2-3 groups of level 50+ for planar raids or some shit. have pvp goals as well.

I could think of more bs to spew. you can tell i really bored but at the same time I hope someone can get this party started. red99 pop still growing, having more options and competition will only make the server more attractive.

heartbrand
10-28-2013, 08:39 PM
I was debating doing this but my forum persona usually precludes me on red99 from doing so but I'd be more than happy to provide behind the scenes support for such an effort.

heartbrand
10-28-2013, 08:40 PM
The biggest piece of advice id give is don't build your guild around the goal or motive of being the anti nihilum. Forge your own unique identity.

runlvlzero
10-28-2013, 08:44 PM
I maintain a constant presence on Red. I am here, there, everywhere. One thing I've noticed is that there is definitely enough players to build a 3rd guild. I am not just talking about a leveling guild but a guild that could compete for classic planar mobs and some 2-3 group able Kunark stuff. Ya'll should really consolidate the 5-6 random lower level guilds into one and start grouping together.

Now for some this wont make sense because they are already planning to join either the resistance or Nilly but it would be nice to get some three way action going like the good ol classic days. I don't think you guys realize how quickly you guys could build something decent, especially with this crazy xp bonus.

Some tips.

1. group together as much as possible, nothing builds cohesion more than actually playing the game together.

2. stay away from cliches, this has always been a big problem in the past and its really unavoidable but just try to include everyone.

3. no melee left behind. you gotta put some time into helping melees, you wont get far without them and they wont get far without you.

4. find competent leadership, preferably someone with alot of play time. aka find someone who is unemployed and has a brain.

5. dont start no shit, there wont be no shit. squash drama whether it be loot or some other gay shit the moment it happens. people who cause trouble need to be booted until they can be men about it.

6. to add to 1, PVP TOGETHER. fuck the killboard. twice a week roam around in gank squads. start making a name for yourselves. you know you are doing something right when people get the fuck out of your way when you zone in.

7. everyone should have an alt, no really. this will alleviate alot of problems when being corpse camped or when a certain class is needed. some good alts are porting/buffing classes. pretty gay when you cant goto hate or some shit cuz no wizards online.

8. keep trolling fun and in game. dont encourage the bad trolling. all this does is give people another excuse to join the zerg. is also ruins immersion.

9. voice comms, no brainer. there is a big p99 mumble server free to use until u get our own.

10. last but not least, have a plan, an agenda, a direction for the guild. have goals that involve everyone such as in one month have 2-3 groups of level 50+ for planar raids or some shit. have pvp goals as well.

I could think of more bs to spew. you can tell i really bored but at the same time I hope someone can get this party started. red99 pop still growing, having more options and competition will only make the server more attractive.

Wrest leadership from Chewie and Tune and bring flowers back to greatness Samwise.

runlvlzero
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
The biggest piece of advice id give is don't build your guild around the goal or motive of being the anti nihilum. Forge your own unique identity.

runlvlzero
10-28-2013, 08:45 PM
I was debating doing this but my forum persona usually precludes me on red99 from doing so but I'd be more than happy to provide behind the scenes support for such an effort.

Sorry about that. I am to blame partially. But your new persona inspires me.

mtb tripper
10-28-2013, 09:17 PM
somebody do this shit

Mellor
10-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Nice suggestion but bear in mind that most of the players scattered in small guilds outside to two big fellas are casual players.

How would Nihi and Azrael respond to a third factor doing planar raids?

BeautBabeC
10-28-2013, 10:47 PM
I actually thought HB would be the perfect leader for such a guild.

SamwiseRed
10-28-2013, 10:51 PM
i think consolidating everyone to knights of ni would be a good step forward. at least they have some kind of p99 background. proven to have longevity which is what the 3rd guild would need the most.

Greegon
10-28-2013, 11:11 PM
not even worth it

Greegon
10-28-2013, 11:13 PM
good ideas and suggestions though

filthyphil
10-29-2013, 10:35 AM
The main problem here is establishment of a such a guild and the willingness of someone to step up. Most people will app Azrael or Nihilum because they know that is the easy road.

Everybody here seems perfectly fine with selling out to play with people they don't even like for the sake of pixels, very sad.

If a 3rd guild was formed, I can almost say without a doubt that Azrael will directly lead to their disbandment through targeting of these weaker, undergeared characters. Only hope for success here is that a core group of already raid geared toons split off and form this 3rd guild.

Point here being nobody on this server wants to be the underdog or the loser. So instead of trying to find their own niche, they join the winning team(s).

Macc
10-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Would be perfect and I hope "Knight Who Say Ni" brings this about.

runlvlzero
10-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Would be perfect and I hope "Knight Who Say Ni" brings this about.

I tell all the newbs I visit to join them.

SamwiseRed
10-29-2013, 07:51 PM
ive been behind the scenes. PLing and whatnot. one thing unique about this guild is its blue roots. could seriously get some new blood over here.

Gaffin'
10-29-2013, 08:41 PM
like others said its a great idea, ive even considered doing this or helping, but its probably a waste of time.

SamwiseRed
10-29-2013, 08:46 PM
like HB said, this "3rd" guild needs a different identity besides the resistance. it needs to be the alternate to the alternate nawmean? goals should not be centered around domination but rather progression. this is a chance for bluebies to actually do content, red is prime for the picking on alot of things. aint no body doing hate/fear clears really. cooking speghetti so cant TL DR but nows a good time to join. I will be helping alot.

hagard
10-29-2013, 08:57 PM
Let's do this

mtb tripper
10-29-2013, 08:58 PM
this is awesome! Viva la revolution!

SamwiseRed
10-29-2013, 08:58 PM
things are bring done, stuff is happening.

Gaffin'
10-29-2013, 09:12 PM
im in dawg

SamwiseRed
10-29-2013, 09:14 PM

group up, no melees left behind, ect

Gaffin'
10-29-2013, 09:22 PM
did you already make it?

SamwiseRed
10-29-2013, 09:23 PM
im helping knights of ni, the guild is already made

Gaffin'
10-29-2013, 09:57 PM
ah ok the same players from blue?

Gaffin'
10-29-2013, 09:58 PM
i have a 50 druid and 52 rogue to contribute few other alts in the 20's and 30's

HippoNipple
10-30-2013, 10:13 AM
A new guild isn't terrible for new players that are interested in progression. You are with like minded players that are at the same level as you. That way the focus can be on planar gear vs killing gods for other players with 6 months of dkp.

Also, all you need are numbers to do the tough stuff and 3-4 core members that are really geared. If they have high play times they will get geared up in a new guild in no time.

Fame
10-31-2013, 06:58 PM
You have my sword..

GradnerLives
11-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Why leave existing guilds to set this up?

Centralize Voice chat into one guild's mumble/TS or just use P99 public mumble and forge an alliance between leadership of all of these guilds.

There doesn't really seem to be any serious bad blood between Ni, Flowers, Bronson, Neriak Strip Club, etc. that we couldn't easily set aside for a few Sky/Hate/Fear crawls.

Getting these people to drop their tag might be a lesson in futility as no one wants to join another stupid one-noun-guildname consolidation bucket. Those guilds often end up with less of a real identity since they come from an amalgamation of several identities to begin with.

Most raiding guilds I've been in don't DKP planar drops anyways. With the numbers we'd have it'll probably be a random between 2-3 people on most items, though a simple google spreadsheet is all it would take to handle DKP if it was needed.

So then, why not an alliance? Have everyone free to PvP on the off-time but bury the hatchet at scheduled raid-time to get some people geared?

SamwiseRed
11-03-2013, 01:56 AM
true^

hard tho, people get pretty butt hurt about being killed by someone they raid with.

Bazia
11-03-2013, 04:48 AM
it's been tried many times

it does not work, because no one wants to farm gear for somebody and then that person griefs them

runlvlzero
11-03-2013, 07:26 AM

Centralize Voice chat into one guild's mumble/TS or just use P99 public mumble and forge an alliance between leadership of all of these guilds.

There doesn't really seem to be any serious bad blood between Ni, Flowers, Bronson, Neriak Strip Club, etc. that we couldn't easily set aside for a few Sky/Hate/Fear crawls.

Getting these people to drop their tag might be a lesson in futility as no one wants to join another stupid one-noun-guildname consolidation bucket. Those guilds often end up with less of a real identity since they come from an amalgamation of several identities to begin with.

Most raiding guilds I've been in don't DKP planar drops anyways. With the numbers we'd have it'll probably be a random between 2-3 people on most items, though a simple google spreadsheet is all it would take to handle DKP if it was needed.

So then, why not an alliance? Have everyone free to PvP on the off-time but bury the hatchet at scheduled raid-time to get some people geared?

/amen

HippoNipple
11-04-2013, 12:50 PM

Alliances are okay for certain things but I don't think they ever work out long term. The most dominant of the guilds will start bullying others around. The second things go wrong people get fed up much easier without clear leadership.

I would like the idea of 1-3 guilds setting up nights to help each other with certain epic mobs, but consistent raiding needs some sort of dkp system.

Greegon
11-07-2013, 12:39 AM
im helping knights of ni, the guild is already made

guild is super promising.. just remember never plvl people, always a waste of time to plvl random people.

Labanen
11-07-2013, 09:28 AM
time to guild alts and have them pl'ed ;-)

Seriously though, good idea and will help the server to have more than us and azrael.

Greegon
11-07-2013, 10:40 AM
time to guild alts and have them pl'ed ;-)

this is why the 3rd guild never works, box full of inconsiderate d-bags

Speaking from personal experience too it's nihilum that does this the most because they only log in for dragons raids and so to get other pixels it easier to use others. Swell guild!

Labanen
11-07-2013, 01:48 PM
calm down i was just joking, when Samwise was spamming invites for Vae Victis or whatever the first name of that guild was called in Unrest, he actually did give my alt an invite but i rejected it since i already got a guild and i dont like spies or spying.

Greegon
11-07-2013, 01:54 PM
yeah not saying it's you but just pointing out that it is reality

big mouth chew
11-07-2013, 01:55 PM
not saying you sound bitter about it just pointing out that it is reality

Greegon
11-07-2013, 01:58 PM
am kind of bitter about it man not going to lie box used to be well over 400 people and used to be able to support more than 1 farming guild

Labanen
11-07-2013, 02:00 PM
haha

Labanen
11-07-2013, 02:02 PM
I think it could support it again these days, if we keep pushing for 180ish at main time 2 guilds isnt enough. And with a hinted soon release of Velious and a closed eqmac we could be seeing a few more online in the near future.

Greegon
11-07-2013, 02:10 PM
naw