PDA

View Full Version : Stuns from Tranquil Staff and Trochilic's Skean

nilbog
07-21-2013, 01:31 PM
I have seen these stuns mentioned in various places. I am willing to look into changing it, depending...

Is it actually wrong? The tstaff for example.. I did some quick googling.

Results came back as unresistable 18 second stun. Am I missing something, or are you asking for a custom nerf? Being that it influences pvp gameplay, that is not out of the question, but I need to know whats going on with this.

Skean - Explain.

Colgate
07-21-2013, 01:35 PM
both of them were random duration stuns, not set 18 seconds every single time

same with windstriker(although windstriker is 12 seconds not 18)

skean was also very resistable on live; not very resistable here

tstaff was also insanely fucking rare on live(way more rare than it is on this server); hardly anyone had them, but on this server half the monks have them

Colgate
07-21-2013, 01:36 PM
also tstaff seems to be proccing more than any other weapon, and i'm pretty sure there's something broken about weapon procs in general that makes first hits on a target more likely to have a proc than it should

first hit tstaff proc is strangely commonplace

Infectious
07-21-2013, 01:42 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20030803034849/http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=572

Most posts say it was 12 seconds not 18 and random. Just scroll down and check posts from our era.

Seary
07-21-2013, 01:51 PM
Will these be changed sooner than the 18 months it took for you to implement the blue diamond changes? Serious question...

heartbrand
07-21-2013, 01:52 PM
t-staff game breaking much like no range for end of cast pillars / unresistable high sun / mezzes not working 55+ / mage bolts / earth pet root and MR in general

nilbog
07-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Will these be changed sooner than the 18 months it took for you to implement the blue diamond changes? Serious question...

Serious answer. The mechanics necessary for blue diamonds took nearly that long. And I'm not referring to blue diamonds dropping in kunark; they should drop. Items on corpses, banks, bags etc are way more complicated.. and now we can modify them by era.

Back on topic. OP.

nilbog
07-21-2013, 01:56 PM
t-staff game breaking much like no range for end of cast pillars / unresistable high sun / mezzes not working 55+ / mage bolts / earth pet root and MR in general

Didn't read. Stay on topic.

Pudge
07-21-2013, 01:57 PM
Ya tstaff stun should be 2-12 seconds. On red99 it lasts 20 to 21, because even after the effect is supposed to be off you remain stunned for a bit.

nilbog
07-21-2013, 02:09 PM
k, deleted everything not about tstaff/skean stuns.

This is the thread for those items.

Do some research folks. If you find links, quote the relevant parts. Make a consensus, and I will try to fix things that aren't working properly.

http://images.zap2it.com/tvbanners/h3/AllPhotos/185217/p185217_b_h3_ab/help-me-help-you.jpg

Pudge
07-21-2013, 02:14 PM
Hrm everyone on Zam says 1-12 not 2-12 o well. Search "stun" on the Zam site for tstaff. Everyone saying 1-12 seconds, except one guy who said 1-6.

diplo
07-21-2013, 02:19 PM
Ya tstaff stun should be 2-12 seconds. On red99 it lasts 20 to 21, because even after the effect is supposed to be off you remain stunned for a bit.

QFT

Gongshow
07-21-2013, 02:39 PM
I always thought TStaff was random 4s-12s duration (and Skean was never relevant due to resists, so whatever), however in relation to the server mechanics regarding resists, roots, mage pets, infinite range wiz nukes, etc., then I really have no complaints. I think it all needs to be lumped into one PVP patch instead of overcompensating and potentially over-nerfing.

nabsev
07-21-2013, 02:44 PM
Fixing T-staff and Skean is a start. It should be 1-12 second stun and not a guaranteed 12 seconds either. Also, like others have said, it seems to proc on first swing (hit or miss) way too often.

hagard
07-21-2013, 02:44 PM
my monk on live had staff and it proced much less and the duration was shorter.
But as gong said it is crucial other spell mechanics/resists be looked into because those are just as broke if not more broken than tstaff.

Colgate
07-21-2013, 02:46 PM
skean:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2456

Whats up..Rake of the 52'nd here...I must say, I was looking forward to gettin this weapon for a while, and I finally got Renux and have been Lovin this sword...The stats are not great, and its slow, but, Clockwork Poison is Sweet...!! 1-12sec stun, and when it does last 12sec, your tank Thanks You...Only thing, and it might be a bug, but on NPC's, there are No Visuals to the proc, and will not spin a mob in circles. I was dueling a friend for kicks, it proc'ed, and I watched him spin around in circles for about 9 sec. Was Hillarious..!! Its a Good stun, seem to have good luck proc'in out when the time is right..!! So have Fun...!!

On my daily course of reading various message boards, I came across a post about this weap. Apparently it's a great weap for warriors, since the proc is a huge taunt and it can stun the target up to 12 seconds. I've had it sitting in my bank for a while, collecting dust, never knew that it was a stun. Time to break it out. :)

proc = dd for 5 dmg a little fast dot and stun for 1 - 12 sec depending on which mob

Gongshow
07-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Also, I have no comment on proc rate. It seems fine. Sometimes you get 3 procs in one fight, sometimes you go 3 fights without one proc.

Colgate
07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
tstaff:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=572

I got this staff from my rl friend.
It is 29 30 10wt proc 100 blows.
I have fought Tunare - idol statue AoW
and non resisted....it proc 75dd in pvp and stunn las 12 sec.Now people who say this wep is only for twinks are wrong. T staff is one of the best pvp weps in the game for monks..Now dont flame im not on a pvp server but do pvp alot in arna.And i also have FoN form tunare and SoM from kael but this is alot better for pvp one proc + innerflame = dead caster or melee with alot less hp only thing wrong with this wep in pvp is people spin and can still repoist used to just stand still :( Vishish Bloodshedder TP server

First off, as long as the skelly warlord pops at second bridge you don't have to kill his other PH's, so long as no one is killing his other PH's, so he'll spawn only at the second bridge IF he does spawn. Second, the staff doesn't show in his hand, nor does he "crush" you with it either. And as for the effect, it's 120 damage out-right, 1-12 second stun, and the stun will last either 1 tick(6 seconds) or 2 ticks(12 seconds), or just insta stun the mob. Also, it is unresistable, period, I've had this thing before and it's never been resisted ever, I used it on Naggy and it never resisted on him. I just looted one today (Turkey Day) and I should know. This has been the happiest Turkey Day ever for me (=

T-staff procs 120 dd and a stun that last for 1-12 seconds. Stun duration is random (1-12 sec) but have yet to have it resisted.

The DD part of the Proc always happens, the Stun though still not stun Unstunnable Mobs. The Consensus on Monkly Business seems to be that the Stun Lasts for 3 6 or 12 seconds, depending on the mob's level. If you Duel with it it tends to stun other toons for 12.

This thing hurts in pvp, when my druid was lvl 49 er so i had a lvl 53 monk beeting on me with this, he procced once then again about 6 seconds later, needless to say a druid stunned for 18seconds against a monk with a weapon ratio like this isnt good

that one's a bit hard to interpret whether he's saying 18s per proc or 6 + 12 = 18 from 2 procs, which is more consistent with the rest of the responses

The proc rate is very high unresistable , 120dd + 1 - 6 secs stun , but similar like common root series spells , you will recieve a spell fade message from mobs. But , why mobs always start to move or attack before the spell fade message appear? Is there any unshown effect on 100 blows?

Got this babe tonight 4/30 , yes it is a surprise and seems it is mine fately. I was group with guildies and we camping RCY of KC , I am the only monk / puller in group. Soon I found Skely Warlord pop near the entrance of both Lcy and Rcy , I rushed into warlord and try to pull back my group (solo it should not be a problem) , soon , the ML looted a T Staff ( woot ).
well it proc many times and stuns random secs. I will use the babe a while with my ADM club/BORS combine.

Colgate
07-21-2013, 02:55 PM
tstaff info taken from ton po's page:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=586

The proc on the stick is one of THE best procs you could ever have. it does 120 UNRESISTABLE damage and its a stun longest ive had it for was like 6 seconds. This is your best friend for all mobs and it makes pking a breeze. Keep this staff

Ok, i just had to say this, on Brell there is 1 maybe 2 on the server. If it were to sell i'd have to say it would fetch at least 450k considering the amount on the server. Cause there are 12 Scepters of Destruction selling for 390k a pop and if there is 1/6 that of these then expect to pay more than 400k. And BTW the proc is 150DD and 6 second stun on NPCs and 75DD 5 second stun in duels. just my 2cp

It does 120 damage which stuns for around 6 seconds in PVP it does 120 damage stuns for 6 seconds and makes the player spin in circles until it wears off like those mushrooms in Guk that used to cast clockwork poison which was the same thing as this only it was a dot

this is funny, yes the staff USED TO BE on traks drop table but not no more. RL friend of mine let me use it at lvl 52 i was hitting 220's my best hit was 231 its a uber weapon too bad it gone, the proc is a 120dd with a unresistable stun but lasts anywhere from half a sec to 9 secs. way up there someone made a list of the best monk weapons, dont forget the staff of battle 31/37 should be right under IFS. and yes CoF epic haste and chanter do stack had it all. max % haste you can have is 85% quit arguing and end it =D later

Colgate
07-21-2013, 02:57 PM
date of posts pretty irrelevant considering there was no change to one hundred blows other than eventually capping the level at 55 against players sometime in like 2006 or some shit

general idea is that it lasts between 0 and 2 ticks: 0, 6, 12

Nirgon
07-21-2013, 03:04 PM
Stuns easily resisted at 60 for their given values. I'm of the standing that tstaff stun was random but unresistable and skean was random but easily resistable.

Having a DMF should, in fact, prevent a skean proc from ever touching you. I was hanging at over 100 PR and was easily skeaned each time here, aka, death sentence.

Magic based stuns on live were even 30% chance to fail on nakeds on live at even con.

Colgate
07-21-2013, 03:08 PM
yeah no one gave a shit about skean on live because it just did not land on other players with any amount of poison resist

same spinstun component of both procs, should both be random between 0 and 2 ticks

Nirgon
07-21-2013, 03:10 PM
I think clockwork is being treated as a "direct damage spell" resist check. AKA even at 250 resist things somewhat easily land here.

Instead of being treated like an all or nothing with stun component, like, say, force shock/strike.

Nirgon
07-21-2013, 03:11 PM
See if you can make sure the mage pet roots at all levels are consistent resist checks too. Highsun should also have this resist check (like a stun, rather easily resistable) and not be unresistable like a dispel.

Colgate
07-21-2013, 03:14 PM
windstriker should be lumped in with these if you're going to nerf them because as it stands windstriker procs an unresistable 12 second spinstun/levitate, although i think archery needs a serious buff because the damage is abysmal right now, even with a 45 damage bow

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=5522

Alright, I have finally played with the bow enough to post the effects of the proc. Whirlwind is not the same as the named Druid spell (whirl wind)... the proc on this bow works indoors and is unresistible, however, the duration of the stun varies greatly depending on the target. The proc yeilds a 100dd(always this number), levitate(for the duration of the stun), short stun(0~5 sec). If the mob is rooted it will take a DD check to see if it breaks, if it makes this root will hold. The stun does take place before the dmg of the arrow, for rangers level 51 up usually means double damage. As with other procing weapons you do not have to make contact to proc, it is possible to have the effect go off on a miss.

I have gotten proc's to go off on mobs such as the upgraded innorruk, but the stuns are just a 0 stun inturruption, along with a flicker of levitate.

The proc is the same proc that Drakes on Isle 7 have. When landed, the target floats in the air (like levitate) and is stunned for 10 seconds.

Darby was poping shots off in the arena for some very impressive numbers, I'll let him post the details :)

-bort

Hail Bortas,

Not sure if a whirlwind spell exists, did not find it looking at the enchanter spells. The proc is a 100dd, and a levitate/stun/spin that seems to last up to 10 seconds (normally less). I am still learning about it myself.

Far as other details...well I still have yet to get a max crit with Trueshot *shrug* so far my best hit is only 456 with double damage and /disc bonus. With my previous bow (33/60) my max was a critical for 504, which has been hit on several occasions. I will edit it later after I get lucky with some big blows... but those are far and few between. Right now if I was guessing I would say the average hit is for 90, and 180 if standing still (without root).

I believe the proc has a 0 second stun built into it. If thats the case its NOT useless.

Actually, the stun is upwards of 8-10 seconds, and the target floats and spins in the air. This is the same effect that the Drakes on Isle 7 in PoA have (very nasty stun :/ )

Potus
07-21-2013, 03:31 PM
Anecdote: T Staff proc on live was super random, usually it only lasted like 1-4 seconds tops.

Runed Fighters Staff was way more common among monks, T-Staff was a pretty rare drop.

FaithlessKR
07-21-2013, 04:02 PM
I have seen these stuns mentioned in various places. I am willing to look into changing it, depending...

Is it actually wrong? The tstaff for example.. I did some quick googling.

Results came back as unresistable 18 second stun. Am I missing something, or are you asking for a custom nerf? Being that it influences pvp gameplay, that is not out of the question, but I need to know whats going on with this.

Skean - Explain.

As someone who mained a monk for 3 years, the proc was a random duration 2-12 second stun (at least during the era I played one...I didn't play one during kunark era so I'm not sure if it was ever an 18 second stun and got changed). There were many times where I would proc a Tstaff get super excited hitting my macro that it landed just to have it wear off before they found my target. The proc is unresistable, the idea that it also procs so often and has such a long fixed duration is incredibly broken.

The skean on the other hand never landed once in any fight i was in during my 6 year EQ career. Someone hit a mob with it once and it appeared to be a random duration spinstun just like the staff.

p-niner
07-21-2013, 04:06 PM
Colgate gets a gold star and a big fat A+ for excellent research, despite being a TStaff monk. I'm glad we have people like you here.

A True Grandmaster.

Potus
07-21-2013, 04:30 PM
The skean on the other hand never landed once in any fight i was in during my 6 year EQ career. Someone hit a mob with it once and it appeared to be a random duration spinstun just like the staff.

I don't ever remember Skean landing on me either. I played a Necro and having DMF up meant that poison spells never landed on me.

FaithlessKR
07-21-2013, 04:50 PM
I don't ever remember Skean landing on me either. I played a Necro and having DMF up meant that poison spells never landed on me.

Shortly into luclin i did rogue epic for a friend and he got a skean and wanted to test it. at 60 pr I resisted 9/9 procs. In all honesty i think the resist code was broken for it on live as well, but it never landed.

Loli Pops
07-21-2013, 05:04 PM
Please fix max range Pillar. As a Druid even I think it is unfair to land a killing Pillar even though a target has run out of range. Thank you for reaching out to the community. We need some love.

Mingo
07-21-2013, 06:33 PM
The damage was irresistable but the stun portion was resistable. The 0-12 thing is legit, it's a tick based thing that was an MR check like a dot (do i you stay stunned, check the MR formula) etc.

I used this constantly on my monk on VZ from Kunark through Luclin and then again in late PoP when the Ton Po's came from the shitty gold tickets. The proc was useful into PoP with bard groups, we would go 80-on-80 in PoTimeA and if Zephyros had 6 Ton Po monks on with 6 bards it was a real fight against Defiant.

The procrate was massively lower than i see it on this server though. I would go 4-5 minute joust fights against other melees in PoP and see 1 proc or none constantly. It was a toss-up against another melee to try to proc Ton Po at 40% and burn with IF or just keep jousting with weapons like Vanazir's or whatever. Was literally a crap shoot, with 255 dexterity and AA's that modified procrate, to try to effectively land procs in jousting battles.

Nizzarr
07-21-2013, 06:48 PM
I wouldnt mind a t-staff/skean change but on live I also completely resisted non-lure nukes with ~100 fr/cr.

Some things needs to go hand in hand and PVP changes need to be all done at the sametime if possible.

Thrilla
07-21-2013, 06:52 PM
I played a friends monk during Kunark - Velious era and can say with confidence it was a random duration 6 to 12 second stun. Anybody saying anything less than 6 seconds just wants it nerfed beyond what it was in classic.

but do agree that it shouldn't be implemented as single thing, should be a "PvP" patch that fixes many things such as no range pillars, skean's, etc. As far as rarity I believe it is just as rare here but now n days people know all possible spawn points and how to farm it where as in classic that information wasn't as readily available to people.

Combobreaker
07-21-2013, 06:53 PM
ez fix would be

make them all random 1-12 second stun with the CORRECT resist check.

tstaff unresistable random duration, same for windstriker.
skean ez resist at 90+ poison 1-12 duration

nilbog
07-21-2013, 06:59 PM
I wouldnt mind a t-staff/skean change but on live I also completely resisted non-lure nukes with ~100 fr/cr.

Some things needs to go hand in hand and PVP changes need to be all done at the sametime if possible.

In the perfect world I'd fix everything all at once and say done. That's just not how it works. If we can fix 3 weapons without recoding the entire resist system, then that's what will happen.

The following are being investigated for pvp duration changes : Tranquil Staff, Trochilic's Skean, Windstriker.

SamwiseRed
07-21-2013, 07:03 PM
Searyx posted somewhere about stun duration. Confimed classic monk with a staff on live so his word is as good as a random alla post

Colgate
07-21-2013, 07:18 PM
In the perfect world I'd fix everything all at once and say done. That's just not how it works. If we can fix 3 weapons without recoding the entire resist system, then that's what will happen.

The following are being investigated for pvp duration changes : Tranquil Staff, Trochilic's Skean, Windstriker.

don't think adding a range check to targeted AE spells requires an overhaul of the resist system and would solve the largest issue on red99

Nirgon
07-21-2013, 07:25 PM
Nilbog has it right.

Casters get focused down and murdered quick with or without tstaff / skean.

Instagib pray for proc pvp is really bad.

nilbog
07-21-2013, 07:26 PM
don't think adding a range check to targeted AE spells requires an overhaul of the resist system and would solve the largest issue on red99

Wrong thread.

Perhaps here? I said it was being investigated for changes.
https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107089&page=2

Every time I have tried to help with pvp bugs, it turns into a jumbled mess of everything except what I asked. Being one of the only people that can help you guys with this, I strongly suggest staying on topic.

Malevz
07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Skean was resisted on live, same as it is here.

Tstaff on live was the same as here, until luclin or later it was changed to 4 second stun because it was bugged in pvp. 18 Second unresistable stun is one of the top 3 broken things in game.

Nirgon
07-21-2013, 07:29 PM
Yeah skean is resisted here HAH

Nirgon
07-21-2013, 07:30 PM
it turns into a jumbled mess.

Unfortunately that's how every thread works here. Two people start up an old argument in a Sirken PSA, new player asking for help etc thread.

Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!

lite
07-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Great thanks. This is one of the largest issue facing the red community.

Junkman
07-21-2013, 08:14 PM
nilbog doing awesome work like always PRAS

SamwiseRed
07-21-2013, 08:21 PM
nilbog doing awesome work like always PRAS

True see sig

Stasis01
07-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Thank the lord Nilbog is addressing this.

My two deaths since being back - both due to Nizzar, one proc at 80% hp right at a zone line and burnt down basically solo by Nizz.

The second - tried duelisting Thrilla and ate a second swing proc - both proc rate and length are both ridiculous.

I won't look up shit that Colgate already did - but it basically makes people just dodge tstaff monks or eat 20 second guarenteed death procs.

Stasis01
07-21-2013, 08:28 PM
Both procs were within 1-3 swings BTW - proc rate is crazy.

I remember when people said Mage swords were working properly with like a 90% proc chance - procs here in general have always been fucked.

magician
07-21-2013, 08:47 PM
2 deaths stasis?

Stasis01
07-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Oh yeah haha that doesn't count - no YT no glory sry bro it's the rules.

Pluggen to a dot don't count for shit all.

Knuckle
07-21-2013, 10:05 PM
both of them were random duration stuns, not set 18 seconds every single time

same with windstriker(although windstriker is 12 seconds not 18)

skean was also very resistable on live; not very resistable here

tstaff was also insanely fucking rare on live(way more rare than it is on this server); hardly anyone had them, but on this server half the monks have them

the skean's resistability would be based on our current spell resist system, perhaps its time to take a hard look at why spells are landing so well on players with high resist levels?

Colgate
07-21-2013, 10:10 PM
yeah of course knucklepal, resists in general are fucked and always have been

mtb tripper
07-21-2013, 10:11 PM
hallo there

Colgate
07-21-2013, 10:13 PM
Wrong thread.

Perhaps here? I said it was being investigated for changes.
https://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=107089&page=2

Every time I have tried to help with pvp bugs, it turns into a jumbled mess of everything except what I asked. Being one of the only people that can help you guys with this, I strongly suggest staying on topic.

sorry nilberg, i think if you played on the red server and experienced how silly this stuff is firsthand you'd be chomping at the bit for fixes to things that have been broken and bug reported literally for years

we've always gotten the "maybe someday" treatment and any kind of dev response instantly triggers "maybe it's today"

Nirgon
07-21-2013, 11:10 PM
Procs were also rarer and some weapons procd more than others on live. I would suggest eqmac parses as a step in the more classic direction.

Technique
07-21-2013, 11:40 PM
I don't think the reported randomness of the proc's duration was intrinsic. The duration of every spell effect in this game is static, as calculated by its corresponding duration formula. Only external factors can alter an effect's duration once it's active on a target. For example, I believe roots had a chance to break early due to a successful resist check on "heartbeat" ticks even in PvP on Live, which isn't the case on R99.

One Hundred Blows, Clockwork Poison, and Whirlwind Strike are all classified as SpinStuns. I think the answer to the question of their effective durations lies in the conditions governing this category of spells, which notably includes the enchanter's Whirl till you hurl.

date of posts pretty irrelevant considering there was no change to one hundred blows other than eventually capping the level at 55 against players sometime in like 2006 or some shitWhich means every effort should be made to investigate it on EQmac before considering any changes based solely on anecdotes.

Terpuntine
07-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Tstaff on vztz was tuned down to a 2-6 second duration stun in order to maintain a level of balance. That may or may not have been classic per se, but was huge in helping balance pvp in a game designed with pve in mind.

Loli Pops
07-22-2013, 12:43 AM
http://imgur.com/HSV8pnv.jpg

Nirgun
07-22-2013, 01:53 AM
Tstaff on vztz was tuned down to a 2-6 second duration stun in order to maintain a level of balance. That may or may not have been classic per se, but was huge in helping balance pvp in a game designed with pve in mind.

This is exactly what needs to happen.

Tstaff is fine pve.

It is terrible in PVP.

We should drop the argument about "classic" related to it's proc and just make it 2-6 second stun.

Everytime you proc, it's a guaranteed kill on anyone. Horribly unbalanced

Potus
07-22-2013, 02:09 AM
Well in classic it lasted about 2-5 seconds tops, so yeah that'd be classic.

Smedy
07-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Was tstaffed once on live and can say, i survived it, as a mage. Can't remember any more details then that, but considering i survived i'm pretty sure the stun wasn't more than 4-5 seconds as it was mass pvp and they sucked at assisting.

I know this thread is only for tstaff but please consider taking a look at AE nukes (no range check) and bard high sun spell, keep doing gods work nilbog, pras

Silent
07-22-2013, 05:53 AM
While other things like pillar range check would be nice, if nilbog wants it to stay on topic ill gladly settle for half a fix in pvp right now vs none. Pretty much Colgate nailed it on the head with the stun timer being a random duration up to 2 ticks(rarely) with its DD being basically unresistable. One thing that needs to definitely be looked at is why first swing attacks proc so often, The amount of tstaff procs you see when theres 2+ tstaff monks is ridiculous. Very high chance to proc when your auto attack on/off jousting players, Compared to the monks ive grouped with in PVE leaving auto attack on.

FaithlessKR
07-22-2013, 07:42 AM
The damage was irresistable but the stun portion was resistable. The 0-12 thing is legit, it's a tick based thing that was an MR check like a dot (do i you stay stunned, check the MR formula) etc.

Bolded is incorrect. Neither portion was, and is still even now, resistable (unless you are referring to raid bosses/mobs that are immune to stun effects, or any discs that might have made someone immune to stun).

The stun itself did go off of ticks, it was a 1-2 tick stun, and ticks are as I'm sure most of you are aware always going. So the 0, 6 and 12 second stun thing is completely false. Just like sitting down you dont always have to wait 6 seconds to get the mana tick in, the tick could happen 1-6 seconds into the proc, allowing for a maximum of 2 ticks of spin (not 3).

Thrilla
07-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Anything less than 6 seconds is a lie. 6-10 random duration maybe up to 12.

Never forget, wish I could find proof but the Jinxat/Ehunogor combo on Rallos Zek during Velious era was deadly and it all started with a t-staff proc lasting just enough to /innerflame, /duelist and kill anybody within that duration.

It is extremely OP in it's current state here but please don't over compensate and nerf it to oblivion

Mingo
07-22-2013, 10:03 AM
You're both just wrong. I Tstaffed tons of people that just spun once around and walked away on live.

Bazia
07-22-2013, 10:09 AM
fix earth pets

Agatha
07-22-2013, 10:16 AM
fix earth pets

they already did.

edit: also if any of u fucks think tstaff going to be nerfed to acceptable rates on this pvp server u have another thing coming, just think who exactly wields one on this server.

Bazia
07-22-2013, 10:18 AM
when i haven't noticed any differences (aka level 49+ earth pet is god)

Andis
07-22-2013, 10:52 AM
tstaff better get fixed - classic or not , it ruins this servers pvp - procs way too much, lasts way too long, and seen proc alot upon first hit.

skean - gets resisted enough, i think is ok

mostbitter
07-22-2013, 11:14 AM
tstaff better get fixed - classic or not , it ruins this servers pvp - procs way too much, lasts way too long, and seen proc alot upon first hit.

skean - gets resisted enough, i think is ok

cus im a rogue

Colgate
07-22-2013, 11:19 AM
the reason that the duration was "random" between 0 and 12 seconds is because of how the tick mechanics work on an EQ server

let's say you get a proc the instant after the server ticks, and your proc is lucky and is 2 ticks, you'd get the full 12 second duration before both server ticks happen

let's say you get a proc the moment just before the server ticks, and it's a 1 tick proc, that's when you'd see the 0-1 second "instantaneous" stun

a proc that's 1 tick and happens 2 seconds after the server tick would yield a 4 second stun, et cetera

at least, i'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work

Andis
07-22-2013, 11:20 AM
no just spitting facts

cant count how many times my skean has been resisted

tstaff unresistable

Smedy
07-22-2013, 11:27 AM

played mage during velious, no one except bards with high end tov gear / resist songs completely resisted my bolts, they changed the resist code with luclin, where everything except lures was resisted, thus i quit cause my mage became a useless piece of shit.

Making someone at 100 resist completely resist nukes will make every caster crap. I haven't really tried the resist but if you have around 150-200 in fire/cold you should probably partial 20-60% of every nuke, atleast 80% of the time.

Colgate
07-22-2013, 11:28 AM
personally i have only resisted skean like once before from a lower level player, and have been skeaned quite a few times

the proc late is much lower because A) it seems to have a lower procrate than tstaff in general and B) weapons in your offhand get their proc rate cut in half

also, as a monk who is forced to wear nothing but MR gear due to the silly situation with roots, snares, and stuns on this server, my poison resist is very lacking, but i should still see pretty good resist rates of skean, and if i have a resist poison or better yet a DMF, i should never get hit by it

Colgate
07-22-2013, 11:36 AM
if you're going for the pure classic approach, then that seems to be the way to go, which is the most consistent with the dozens of posts on just those allakhazam pages

personally, for the sake of balance reasons, i think that having a chance at 12 seconds is still far too long to make any sort of sense as long as the other broken overpowered stuff gets fixed too

i'd say that somewhere between 1 and 6 seconds would be good, anything more than that would still heavily fall under the "pray for a proc" pvp standard that we're currently in, which would just be a change from 1 to 2 ticks to 1 tick

Stasis01
07-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Proc rate seems reasonable on skean - lower stun duration to whatever Tstaff turns into and make it more resistable if needed meh.

It should be addressed also.

heartbrand
07-22-2013, 12:05 PM
The grandmaster hit the nail on the head here. Resists wouldn't be so bad if we weren't already forced to stack MR just for a CHANCE at resisting root and other disables. How are you going to keep MR high enough and FR or CR to partial effectively? Also with the incoming 255 resist cap, good luck.

p-niner
07-22-2013, 12:08 PM
Skean is more reasonably resisted but doesnt change the fact that duration is too long. If u eat it u just waych yourself spin to death.

juicedsixfo
07-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Am I missing something, or are you asking for a custom nerf? Being that it influences pvp gameplay, that is not out of the question, but I need to know whats going on with this.

Thank you for having an open mindset on this. I think sometimes people override common sense with "SHITS CLASSIC;" and tstaff is definitely a huge issue. "SHITS CLASSIC" has basically morphed in to "there's no use complaining about it because it ain't gettin' fixed." So again, it's nice to see you guys around and interested.

Maybe one day y'all will tackle/ask for feedback on other obviously broken PvP mechanics like spells that have no range or line of sight check, mage bolts, earth pet, et cetera. But hey, it's a start!

Genedin
07-22-2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks for doing this. T-staff monks are like superhumans on this server everyone else must run from or die.

Please....just fix the t-staff as quickly as you can. There are obviously other problems but that would make a huge difference in itself.

<3

mtb tripper
07-22-2013, 03:09 PM
quote on quote

Colgate
07-22-2013, 03:15 PM
i would be A-OK with custom nerfing tstaff into the ground as long as other things get fixed to compensate

Gongshow
07-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Pretty much agree with Colgate above. I would take a flat 6 second TStaff proc if, and only if, I could reliably resist some spells, roots, not get mage pet raped, not get infinity range pillar'd, could use mitigation style disc's in PVP, actually interrupt a caster, etc., etc. I know that we are JUST talking about these procs right now, but it all goes hand in hand.

My bare bones thoughts right now are essentially this:

Proc rates for everything seem OK to me, sometimes you get good luck, sometimes bad. It's pretty inconsistent.
TStaff and Windstriker are unresistable and should remain that way. Skean is roughly 75% resistable at about 130 PR (guesstimate based on very rough testing). That seems a bit high. Skeans PR check should be much lower, this item was never relevant.
Proc durations DO need adjusted, but with stipulations. My opinion would be something like:
If resists, mage roots, infinity range pillars, etc. get fixed, then change TStaff, Skean, Windstriker procs to a flat 6 second spin stun
If nothing is changed but the procs, then make it a flat 12 seconds (down from 18), or a random 3-12 second (like it was on Live)

I do have a horse in this race, but I also agree that these procs could use a nerf, however I fear the over-nerfing in light of other gamebreaking PVP issues.

Nirgon
07-22-2013, 04:05 PM
Skean should resist like a stun not hit 120 poison ever

FaithlessKR
07-22-2013, 07:09 PM
You're both just wrong. I Tstaffed tons of people that just spun once around and walked away on live.

You actually just confirmed what my post was saying. The spin is part of the stun proc, it's unresistable. And the stun breaking was because the first tick went off and the random number generator caused it to break at that point.

It can go anywhere from 1-12 seconds depending on the RNG and when the ticks happen. I mained a monk for a long time between PoP-whatever expansion I quit in (I think DoN). Both me and Silikten (Friedchicken) used to sit at the OT book with our tstaffs racking up kills for at least 5-6 hours a day.

FaithlessKR
07-22-2013, 07:10 PM
the reason that the duration was "random" between 0 and 12 seconds is because of how the tick mechanics work on an EQ server

let's say you get a proc the instant after the server ticks, and your proc is lucky and is 2 ticks, you'd get the full 12 second duration before both server ticks happen

let's say you get a proc the moment just before the server ticks, and it's a 1 tick proc, that's when you'd see the 0-1 second "instantaneous" stun

a proc that's 1 tick and happens 2 seconds after the server tick would yield a 4 second stun, et cetera

at least, i'm pretty sure that's how it's supposed to work

Pretty much everything I was trying to say in my previous post

kanras
07-22-2013, 11:09 PM
SpinStun effect duration calculation in PVP changed to be same as PVE, pending update.

Tycko
07-22-2013, 11:18 PM
sucks to be a t-staff monk

Potus
07-22-2013, 11:22 PM
T-Staff is still an amazing weapon.

NotKringe
07-22-2013, 11:24 PM
Just hope Rogean will patch it in soon, Patchs seem to be about every few months or so..

GJ Kanras.

mtb tripper
07-22-2013, 11:24 PM
rise of the druid

Knuckle
07-22-2013, 11:25 PM
T staff should certainly stay unresistable, duration should be reduced for balance sake.

Gongshow
07-22-2013, 11:27 PM
PVE duration is about 2 seconds tops. Yikes, over-nerf.

Nirgun
07-22-2013, 11:31 PM
SpinStun effect duration calculation in PVP changed to be same as PVE, pending update.

Pras

Colgate
07-22-2013, 11:37 PM
tstaff doesn't even stun anything that isn't a green con

hahahahahahahhahah yesssss thank you based nilbog and kanras

Stasis01
07-22-2013, 11:39 PM
Good nerf ty pals

p-niner
07-22-2013, 11:42 PM
thank the lawd allmighty

Colgate
07-22-2013, 11:44 PM
RIP skean, tstaff, windstriker

Stasis01
07-23-2013, 12:08 AM
Just ate a first swing proc by Nizzar in burning wood - good fucking riddance Tstaff.

mtb tripper
07-23-2013, 12:26 AM
pizza huts wings are decent

mtb tripper
07-23-2013, 12:32 AM
what happened to twitter account bamzal

Nizzarr
07-23-2013, 12:37 AM
played mage during velious, no one except bards with high end tov gear / resist songs completely resisted my bolts, they changed the resist code with luclin, where everything except lures was resisted, thus i quit cause my mage became a useless piece of shit.

Making someone at 100 resist completely resist nukes will make every caster crap. I haven't really tried the resist but if you have around 150-200 in fire/cold you should probably partial 20-60% of every nuke, atleast 80% of the time.

Nobody used bolts back on live due to them bugging out in any obstacles and terrain.

So not sure if serious

Colgate
07-23-2013, 12:39 AM
nizzar you are an awful player so no one takes what you say seriously

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 01:17 AM

I'm mad

http://s21.postimg.org/el695ioxz/aheahheaheahe.jpg

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 01:18 AM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMjIiJHH7jxm0dHeZORwqymULgdhhgS g73dPPaQko2felA8mj6

Smedy
07-23-2013, 02:01 AM
Nobody used bolts back on live due to them bugging out in any obstacles and terrain.

So not sure if serious

As far as i remember mages offensive spells at 55-60 are all bolt spells, the "Sun Vortex" shit was added later, pretty sure the best spell i had was the seeking flame which is a bolt. From what i recall i had no issues with bolts on live, actually jumping someone in an open area with mage bolts was the best thing ever.

You start channeling your first bolt, person is not noticing this. First bolt away, you start casting your second bolt, you almost cast 80% of your second bolt before the first bolt hit target, by the time the guy realizes he is under attack second bolt is already away and epic pet is sent in as well + another bolt incoming, no one survived this.

Smedy
07-23-2013, 02:06 AM

Seems harsh tbh, i'd be fine with a 2-10 second random duration unresistable, skean however to easy to get, should be very easy to resist, much like blind or something like it.

As for resists roots/snares/stuns really need a tweak, but i think they gonna have to do this on a spell to spell basies, as if you change the entire resist code you might screw all casters in the ass. All roots, stuns, snares should be tweaked to the point where they are extremely easy to resist at around 100 mr. You also need to take a look at blind as it seems to land on people with 120mr, you ever hear of someone using blind in pvp at 60 on live? lol no.

Big thanks to nilbog and kanvas or whoever is coding it up, Rogean does alot too.

Stasis01
07-23-2013, 02:47 AM
What they're doing is making the game more skill based and less simple.

Noone really knew who the good melee are when everyone's just assisting Gong/Nizz/Cwall/Wanyo etc when they set up the kills.

I feel for those monks, as they're the most feared toons on the box currently - but it just makes shit too easy for all the scrubs.

Potus
07-23-2013, 02:56 AM
I just want to thank the mods who seriously have paid more attention to this server than Verant ever paid attention to the Zeks.

Colgate
07-23-2013, 02:58 AM
anyone who is actually upset over tstaff being nerfed is a bad player who needs a crutch

big white pearly smile on my face as i watch nizzar reroll yet again

heartbrand
07-23-2013, 03:03 AM
im a fan of this change but I'd like to see it still have a like 2 sec stun or something otherwise it seems unfair to other weapons which have stun components + some future velious weapons

Smedy
07-23-2013, 03:05 AM
anyone who is actually upset over tstaff being nerfed is a bad player who needs a crutch

big white pearly smile on my face as i watch nizzar reroll yet again

I don't think nizzar will have any trouble, the guy probably has stacked away atleast 10 different classes all in vp loots ready to go for whenever this nerf was coming

Fallen comerade gongshow however, hows that iksar coming (chuckles)

Thrilla
07-23-2013, 10:22 AM
Figured they would over-nerf. Sucks to the people on the server that spent months camping it for it's insanely rare drop or trades of any sort to have it nerfed beyond what it was in classic.

The stun in PvE is barely 2 seconds, if I was maining a monk right now I'd really upset but hey at least I can fight monks indoors again on my wizard :)

P1999, where CUSTOM classic happens.

Andis
07-23-2013, 10:24 AM
there you go with classic lol

who gives a shit if classic

its about here and now, gameplay

lets the players play

damn

Thrilla
07-23-2013, 10:27 AM
/shrug, 18 seconds we can all agree was stupid. It turned the most horrible keyboard turning players into main assist threats. 4-8 second random duration most people would still live through. Nerfing an item that would have sold for 300-400K as of before Kanras post to basically worthless after a year of existing in it's current state is a bad move.

People play here for a classic experience, not custom classic. I'd imagine as monks are the minority that 95% of the population will be happy with the change but to those falling in the 5% whether if it's an alt, main, or toy toon it's basically just a terrible over-nerf.

magician
07-23-2013, 10:33 AM
mage epic pet longer den tstaff now 9:::::o

Colgate
07-23-2013, 10:34 AM
4-8 seconds of unresistable stun is still dumb as fuck and fight deciding

lol @ playing here for classic experience have we been playing the same server???

Dacuk
07-23-2013, 10:40 AM
IMO it should have been random up to 8 sec stun.. but maybe this slight over nerf makes up for the past 10 months of idiocy that have allowed bad players to rack up bullshit kills.

Thrilla
07-23-2013, 10:41 AM
4-8 seconds of unresistable stun is still dumb as fuck and fight deciding

lol @ playing here for classic experience have we been playing the same server???

so is un rangable pillars
highly un resistable blind poisons
cast time on frost
resists in general

This is def a move in the right direction I still think it's an over nerf because it's easier to code it to PvE stun than possibly custom code a 4-8 sec duration (just a guess)

If this is the first of many PvP tweaks to come then I'm all for it, what am I complaining about anyway it's a free server but I just hope its the first of many tweaks to come, otherwise it's just singling out monks that spent their time/plat/gear to get one of the rarest items in the game.

Colgate
07-23-2013, 10:43 AM
you realize kanras already posted in the bug thread that targeted ae spells having no range check is fixed for the next patch, right?

will gladly trade tstaff for that being fixed

Stasis01
07-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Funny thing is with Iksar regen/fungi, Melee dmg, Feign death, Melee mitigation monks are still a fucking OP badass class - sad times when they can't proc 18 second stuns consistent as fuck.

Elderan
07-23-2013, 10:48 AM
you realize kanras already posted in the bug thread that targeted ae spells having no range check is fixed for the next patch, right?

will gladly trade tstaff for that being fixed

Next easy step would be to fix the cast times on druid spells and a few wizard spells. Those would be easy fixes also.

Smedy
07-23-2013, 10:51 AM
wow ae nukes range fixed? finally i might log back in, that shit was so boring i didnt even wanna play my wizard cause i was forced to use aoe spells in pvp lol

Gongshow
07-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Fallen comerade gongshow however, hows that iksar coming (chuckles)

It's definitely a knee-jerk reaction overnerf, but I'll be just fine. I always play monks regardless - maybe it will go back to classic where I was the only monk on server. Aww yiss.

Like I've said, this (over)nerf is a positive thing but it needs to go hand in hand with a few other gamebreaking issues. I expect a nilbog post on resists by this evening, and a pending update post that every spell is 100% resistable at 150 resist by Thursday. Ha...

Malevz
07-23-2013, 10:55 AM
I just want to thank the mods who seriously have paid more attention to this server than Verant ever paid attention to the Zeks.

This is very true. Excellent change.

Stasis01
07-23-2013, 11:03 AM
American goes back to non-factor mode as quickly as he became a god.

Gongshow on the other hand will still be top ranked player along with cwall/nizz etc etc.

Colgate
07-23-2013, 11:07 AM
nizzar
top ranked

HEHEHEHEHEHE

Gongshow
07-23-2013, 11:09 AM
Oh, I'd also like to see Soulfires changed to "Must Equip" to click.

Gongshow
07-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Double post, screw iPad typing. Anyways, I'm just spitballing more shit that ruins the server. This change is a step in the right direction but we can't stop now.

heartbrand

?

Colgate
plethora of clickies need looking into as well as soulfire

golem wands, trak teeth, gate pots most importantly

nabsev
07-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Was never nerfed to must equip but it was changed to paladin only castable from inventory afaik

Stasis01
07-23-2013, 11:20 AM
It is true that gate pots are pretty gay.

Gongshow
07-23-2013, 11:22 AM
Was never nerfed to must equip but it was changed to paladin only castable from inventory afaik

TStaff was never ridiculously castrated either, that's the point. Since we're stepping in the direction of fixing PVP tomfuckery, SoulFire's need to be changed to PAL only clickable/must equip. It's an easy fix. When in EQ did you ever see more than half the server using SoulFires in PVP? When did you really see ANYONE using a SoulFire charge. Rarely. Fix this.

I'm less concerned about gate pots, teeth and wands, those always sucked in PVP but are easily accessible. Wands and Teeth eventually get removed, gate pots are just a shitty fact of EQ PVP life.

I know the resist system probably will take some effort to fix so I feel like shitting in my hand like Nirgon suggests, but for SoulFire, that's an easy fix. Let's do it.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 11:30 AM
29/30 2hb with frequent 2s stun definitely almost worthless now

aheahheaaheeheaheheah

Elderan
07-23-2013, 11:32 AM

I would also make these changes in this patch

- Golem wand changed to 4 second cast.

Gongshow
07-23-2013, 11:38 AM
The turnaround and severity of this change means we've opened the doors to requesting and expecting these additional changes to go in quickly. Soulfire should be must equip. Golem wand should be 4 seconds. Trak tooth should be 6 seconds. Do it. Do it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK4FXyNcPIs

p-niner
07-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Devnoob and image made gatepots like 30sec cast time and removed golem wands completely. Just throwin that out there, it was nice not having to deal w those items.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 11:52 AM

Most of the stuff they have to fix here in PvP, Verant already got right

You stop it

And you're wrong before the band wagon of dumb starts rolling

But, the attention to what we thought was all but a desolate server for pvp support is a welcomed surprise

mtb tripper
07-23-2013, 01:51 PM
here the lonely promenade come to nurse the tender tear away

Nizzarr
07-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Devnoob and image made gatepots like 30sec cast time and removed golem wands completely. Just throwin that out there, it was nice not having to deal w those items.

The only time I'll agree with rettiwalk.

That and fix the already very custom resist system.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Beware this custom road

Runya
07-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Should prolly fix mez while your at it

Gongshow
07-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Beware this custom road

The TStaff nerf was so over the top and ridiculously knee jerk that the forest has been bulldozed overnight and we have a 4 lane highway into custom city. I expect all of these other proposed changes to go in right away, based on this newly set precedent.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 02:35 PM
Good to remember that one Runya, I agree. That is a much higher priority.

If you ask the people who did play on RZ, they'd tell you that the system there was fine and that's most likely the reason they came here.

Verant did this the right way, no need to reinvent the wheel.

Gong, trust me, I think it needed more investigation before this fix went in but its a step away from the problem that existed before. I was more offended by how the Skean was nearly unresistable here more than anything.

Colgate
07-23-2013, 03:06 PM
im pretty sure that whoever made this change wasnt aware that pve stun meant no stun

all this incessant bitching just gonna hardcore turn off nilbog and any other dev from wanting to looking into any other problems

p-niner
07-23-2013, 03:11 PM
im pretty sure that whoever made this change wasnt aware that pve stun meant no stun

all this incessant bitching just gonna hardcore turn off nilbog and any other dev from wanting to looking into any other problems

p-niner
07-23-2013, 03:13 PM
The only time I'll agree with rettiwalk.

That and fix the already very custom resist system.

Gonna go punch an old lady to bring balance back to universe. Be careful next time.

nilbog
07-23-2013, 03:16 PM

I just tested hundred blows on blue.
myself - stunned
on an elephant - stunned between 1,3,6,12 seconds multiple attempts.

Are you guys confused or am I confused?

Colgate
07-23-2013, 03:19 PM
try it on level 50+ mobs, most importantly level 60s, because ive never noticed a mob that wasnt a green con at 60 actually get stunned for any noticeable amount of time, but its not like im able to see a hard timer; theyre just always back to hitting me instantly

Nirgun
07-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Beware this custom road

Shutup dude.

A lot of us liked vztz pvp mechanics more than r99 pvp mechanics, because there was actual balance.

Potus
07-23-2013, 03:50 PM
The TStaff nerf was so over the top and ridiculously knee jerk that the forest has been bulldozed overnight and we have a 4 lane highway into custom city. I expect all of these other proposed changes to go in right away, based on this newly set precedent.

I can't stun a guy for 16 fucking seconds, this game is ruined! :rolleyes:

Gongshow
07-23-2013, 03:57 PM
I can't stun a guy for 16 fucking seconds, this game is ruined! :rolleyes:

Maybe read my other posts in this thread where I overall agree on the fact it needed a nerf, and to be honest it IS a step in the right direction, I just think it's an over-nerf since PVE stun is almost non-existant, unless we are all wrong. Random 3-12s was live, and hell, even a flat 6 seconds would be fine. 1-2s is a beatdown.

I am curious to see what exactly the "PVE stun" code is. Looks like nilbog is on the case.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Shutup dude.

A lot of us liked vztz pvp mechanics more than r99 pvp mechanics, because there was actual balance.

And VZTZ was a bug ridden mess that I don't think ever saw 600 players.

This server had that many on opening night.

A lot of you want another 60 pop VZTZ with boxing where one guild griefs off all the new players and you've bitched about the mechanics till they suit your liking.

Shit needs to be classic.

Come @ me in RNF bro, stay out of Big Nilberg's great thread.

lite
07-23-2013, 04:02 PM
try it on level 50+ mobs, most importantly level 60s, because ive never noticed a mob that wasnt a green con at 60 actually get stunned for any noticeable amount of time, but its not like im able to see a hard timer; theyre just always back to hitting me instantly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaaNtjTJlD8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiOnv9H4cnw 2nd Proc at 2 : 20

If this is how it's working for mobs of ANY level, then yes. Here I accumulated several T staff procs in the range of 1 - 10 secs. If you can ensure that this stun rate / duration is applicable to mobs of all levels then I think we're on to something. As Colgate mentioned, I beleive higher level NPC's are definitely impacted differently by the stun, and I am not talking bosses. I will try and get some higher level NPC testing done.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 04:06 PM
Great recording Lite.

I think more if/else to cause players to ignore level caps on pvp spells is where this is headed. And even better, sounds like something that could be quickly changed.

Nirgun
07-23-2013, 04:42 PM
And VZTZ was a bug ridden mess that I don't think ever saw 600 players.

This server had that many on opening night.

A lot of you want another 60 pop VZTZ with boxing where one guild griefs off all the new players and you've bitched about the mechanics till they suit your liking.

Shit needs to be classic.

Come @ me in RNF bro, stay out of Big Nilberg's great thread.

This thread is about stuns and im talking about stuns. If you wanna flame go ahead in rnf, im not going to argue.

The main strat in all large pvp is tsaff.

This is a problem. Sorry you dont see it nirgon. Vztz nerfed problems like that for balance. Vztz being unstable is due to the instability of stock emu.

Nirgon
07-23-2013, 05:01 PM
random 2-10 second tstaff isn't terrible, esp if we go with rarely 2 (dud proc), commonly 3-6, very rarely 7+ or thereabouts (sounds about classic)

Skean should just be easily resistable (classic)

Not sure if there's anything anyone should have trouble seeing

I don't remember tstaff being the end of the world (like here) in Kunark/Velious, but it was definitely powerful. But monks didn't rape as hard as rogues or have muscle lock poison, so I don't feel terrible.

FaithlessKR
07-23-2013, 06:08 PM
I was more offended by how the Skean was nearly unresistable here more than anything.

I disagree, not only is the proc rate absurdly low...but against Nihilum in mass pvp it will land maybe 1 every 5 procs. Which is still a lot more than it was on live. Regardless the fixed stun duration needed to be fixed.

Rallyd
07-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Not sure where everyone is getting the idea that the PVE version of the tstaff stun, doesn't actually stun. This is in fact absolutely false, it definitely stuns, the problem is that the server tick timer is always running, so most of the time it will last less than 3 seconds, which is in fact the same timer as mob delay. I have seen many times a mob get procced that is below level 55 and have it stunned for 8-10 seconds. it's just rare/random.

lite
07-23-2013, 06:19 PM
It is also worth noting that on players as it presently stands. You are stunned for about 2 seconds after the Effect / Icon wears off. This is a large problem and I would advice you to have someone proc the effect on you. It is very relevant.

Tomato King6
07-23-2013, 07:32 PM
17 pages lol @ Thread , t staff just now getting looked at a year into kunark and it will take another 6 for shit to happen

yall dum

Kraftwerk
07-24-2013, 08:17 PM
I've changed my opinion on this. Nothxu just proc'd a Tstaff on Solsek and used a disc and could only take me to 15% HP. I think it's working properly, otherwise monks are gonna be reallllllyyyyy bad.

Gustoo
07-24-2013, 11:09 PM
This is great news. Now I can make a monk and enjoy it not having a permanent inferiority complex.

Props to Colgate and other brave monks for supporting fixes.

With the time it takes to fix stuff like this, we are getting the full classic experience.

Please Dev's lets go into velious with full array of fixes, lets have one legit expansion with minimum complaints.

Silent
07-25-2013, 04:47 PM
Indeed, Now it appears I won't be the only monk beating away on casters trying to channel 6 second nukes with epic fist/SoS combo. And I will finally be able to joust other monks using my IFS, As it stands I was only ever able to joust a few monks occasionally when I had more then enough hp/discs/mend to withstand a tstaff proc and to say the least, IFS hit for way more damage and was a lot better hands down(until i was tstaffed then obviously all the damage they lost vs better weapon they made up for and more).

Was witness to nothxu trying to tstaff proc disc solsek and fail, epic times.

thanks @ devs/gms, Hopefuilly some range check on aoes or something can be next. Personally I think golem wands and gate pots are fine, If anything add a 1-3 second cast time on wands at very extreme. Gate pots on the other hand, Why change them to cast time? Everytime someone blows one they are wasting one more they have, So what if they killed someone and was able to escape in a poof before you could take revenge. Personally I like them for getting out of messy encounters pvp and pve only when they are very very needed(ie leaving a corpse in hate/fear you know wont be CR'd for day or two minimum)

Potus
07-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Classic EQ was mostly monks using the IFS, so this change will be great.

Harr1son
07-25-2013, 06:54 PM
http://images.zap2it.com/tvbanners/h3/AllPhotos/185217/p185217_b_h3_ab/help-me-help-you.jpg

lel

XiakenjaTZ
07-25-2013, 07:08 PM
Not sure if anyone will see this but as long as you are fixing PvP weapon procs that are OP you should adjust the Wrapped Entropy Serpent Spine (Dragon Necropolis in Velious). It procs a blind that is poison based and almost always lands. May as well fix it too.

Nirgon
07-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Major faction gains for Nilbog doing this, positive but lesser faction hits for the other devs as well.

Elderan
07-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Indeed, Now it appears I won't be the only monk beating away on casters trying to channel 6 second nukes with epic fist/SoS combo. And I will finally be able to joust other monks using my IFS, As it stands I was only ever able to joust a few monks occasionally when I had more then enough hp/discs/mend to withstand a tstaff proc and to say the least, IFS hit for way more damage and was a lot better hands down(until i was tstaffed then obviously all the damage they lost vs better weapon they made up for and more).

Was witness to nothxu trying to tstaff proc disc solsek and fail, epic times.

thanks @ devs/gms, Hopefuilly some range check on aoes or something can be next. Personally I think golem wands and gate pots are fine, If anything add a 1-3 second cast time on wands at very extreme. Gate pots on the other hand, Why change them to cast time? Everytime someone blows one they are wasting one more they have, So what if they killed someone and was able to escape in a poof before you could take revenge. Personally I like them for getting out of messy encounters pvp and pve only when they are very very needed(ie leaving a corpse in hate/fear you know wont be CR'd for day or two minimum)

I am fine with gate pots being instant. If someone wants to run away then so be it. Also I can understand if you get left behind somewhere by going ld or something you might need to get out quick and need the instant cast time. I would personally like for them to be lore though so people don't stock up on tons of them.

Golem wands really need to have a cast time though. They are one of the most powerful items in PVP and it comes off a lvl 35 mob which can spawn every 30 min and has a high drop rate. A cast time of 4 seconds seems appropriate. I would also prefer them to be lore as well so people don't just stockpile tons of them.

Stasis01
07-26-2013, 11:42 AM
They removed instant pumice, it follows the same logic - it really is overpowered and usually nerfed on most PVP boxes, embrace some custom game mechanic shit pals shits classic.

Nirgon
07-26-2013, 11:49 AM
Instant pumice you could buy off vendors -> the problem.

If they're so easy to camp and get, camp them.

Even better, they create something to contest that isn't a raid target.

Keep it, shit's classic.

heartbrand
07-26-2013, 11:51 AM
I agree with the doctor, why remove the very camps that are some of the last places left that pvp can reliably be found?

Stasis01
07-26-2013, 11:54 AM
They're so easy to camp they may as well just sell them off a vendor.

Nirgon
07-26-2013, 12:17 PM
I think you just don't like farming consumables for pvp.

They're really easy to get when uncontested (let's rephrase it) and to which I respond, "well imagine that".

Nirgon
07-26-2013, 12:18 PM
You also can't walk up to a vendor with 300pp and get bags full of them.

THAT would be something that should go, and Verant would have if that was the case.

Dispel is very powerful, it is known.

Something'Witty
07-26-2013, 12:23 PM

I say nerf golem wands out of existence so that only chanters have pillage power!

Tomato King6
07-26-2013, 12:53 PM
You also can't walk up to a vendor with 300pp and get bags full of them.

THAT would be something that should go, and Verant would have if that was the case.

But yet so many pvp videos people post they are nuking / dpsing fully buffed players.

Nirgun
07-26-2013, 02:58 PM
tru

Nirgon
07-26-2013, 04:25 PM
But yet so many pvp videos people post they are nuking / dpsing fully buffed players.

Yeah it's called bad, also resists don't work here hyuk hyk hyuk