PDA

View Full Version : Question about classic EQ progression!

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 09:15 PM
So, basically I'm trying to get some history on Everquest and I'm wondering, is there anyone who played pre-kunark and on that can tell me as close to possible exactly what the progression was from classic and on?

What I'm looking for, is exactly what the general "order" was for progressing in each of the following content era's:

Classic, Kunark, Velious, Luclin, POP.

For instance, when ONLY Kunark was available, and a guild had already farmed Naggy, Vox, Phinny, etc... What was the general order of progression or just Kunark?

For Velious? For POP? For Classic?

I can probably find the info on POP easily, due to its flagging system. But I'm very curious about exactly what the order of progression was in all the other content era's. Thanks!! :)

Thulack
07-18-2013, 09:21 PM
something like:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:raid_progression_guide ?

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 09:22 PM
something like:

I've looked at that before, the problem is that it is from todays content.

For instance, it lists Akheva in the Velious section.

I'm looking for a very similar list, but era specific.

Edit: I suppose I could just reorder it to be era specific, but I know that a lot of content was changed, and I'm wondering if the "order" on that list is the order that people really did things back when that content was the only thing available.

SamwiseRed
07-18-2013, 09:29 PM
something like:

cool link actually, thanks for sharing.

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 09:37 PM
For instance, when was Plane of Sky added?

I searched wikipedia and its not listed under "zones" for Kunark or Velious.
I can't find a list of what zones were in the original before any expansions were added.

I did find this: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?mode=bymap
Which lists zones by expansion, and shows that "The Outer Planes" came before Kunark or Velious. Is this true?

If so, Plane of Fear, Hate and Sky were in the original EQ? I've read that the only raid content in the original was Naggy, Vox, Phinny and Avatar of Fear. There's no mention of Plane of Sky. This is why I'm looking for a concrete list :)

kylok
07-18-2013, 09:39 PM
If you haven't heard of it before there is an awesome web research tool out there called the wayback machine. You can wayback old ass allakhazam pages and try and figure out via that resource when what came out.

I can tell you with pretty good confidence that plane of fear came out first, then hate, then sky - all before kunark.

SamwiseRed
07-18-2013, 09:40 PM
For instance, when was Plane of Sky added?

I searched wikipedia and its not listed under "zones" for Kunark or Velious.
I can't find a list of what zones were in the original before any expansions were added.

I did find this: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?mode=bymap
Which lists zones by expansion, and shows that "The Outer Planes" came before Kunark or Velious. Is this true?

If so, Plane of Fear, Hate and Sky were in the original EQ? I've read that the only raid content in the original was Naggy, Vox, Phinny and Avatar of Fear. There's no mention of Plane of Sky. This is why I'm looking for a concrete list :)

http://wiki.project1999.org/Players:EQLive_Timeline

Thulack
07-18-2013, 09:41 PM
Damn beat me to it sam lol

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 09:43 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/Players:EQLive_Timeline

Awesome link.. That definitely helps.

Interesting that even the P99 devs don't know the exact time frame for Hate/Fear.
Either way, this definitely helps me quite a bit.

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 09:44 PM
If you haven't heard of it before there is an awesome web research tool out there called the wayback machine. You can wayback old ass allakhazam pages and try and figure out via that resource when what came out.

I can tell you with pretty good confidence that plane of fear came out first, then hate, then sky - all before kunark.

Looks like you were right about Fear and Hate! Good call. I'm going to start working on a TRUE progression list right now, and I'll post it when I'm done to see if I can get some feedback as to whether it looks correct or not.

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 10:10 PM
Classic
- Note, Planes were added via patch, with Sky being released last. As a result, true progression would mean working through Fear and Hate first, with Sky being the last content that was released before Kunark. I'd also like to add that if I'm not mistaken Fear and Hate were both reworked. I'm curious as to what mobs were and were not in the game in their original release. Was the Maestro of Rancor even in the original PoH? Was CT/Inny in the game? I've heard no mention of them as "original everquest raid mobs", only Naggy, Vox and Phinny, with occasional mention of Avatar of Fear.

Tier 1) Phinigel Autropos
Tier 2) Lady Vox, Lord Nagafen
Tier 3) Plane of Sky
Tier 4) Plane of Fear - Cazic Thule
Tier 5) Plane of Hate - Maestro of Rancor
Tier 6) Plane of Hate - Innoruuk

Kunark

Tier 1) Chardok Royals
Dreadlands - Gorenaire
Emerald Jungle - Severilous
Karnor's Castle - Venril Sathir
Old Sebilis - Trakanon
Skyfire Mountains - Talendor
Timorous Deep - Faydedar

Tier 2) Veeshan's Peak

Velious

Tier 1) Dragon Necropolis - Zlandicar
Icewell Keep: Dain Frostreaver IV
Kael Drakkel: Derakor the Vindicator
Kael Drakkel: King Tormax
Plane of Growth: Tunare
Skyshrine: Lord Yelinak
Sleeper's Tomb
Temple of Veeshan: Halls of Testing
Temple of Veeshan: West Wing
Velketor's Labyrinth: Velketor the Sorcerer
Wakening Land: Wuoshi
Western Wastes: Klandicar
Western Wastes: Sontalak

Tier 2) Kael Drakkel: The Avatar of War
Temple of Veeshan: North Wing

Tier 3) Plane of Mischief: Bristlebane

Luclin

Tier 1) Akheva Ruins: The Itraer Vius

Tier 2) Acrylia Caverns: Khati Sha the Twisted
Akheva Ruins: Shei Vinitras
Grieg's End: Grieg Veneficus
Akheva Ruins: The Insanity Crawler
Ssraeshza Temple: Arch Lich Rhag`Zadune
Ssraeshza Temple: High Priest of Ssraeshza
Umbral Plains: Rumblecrush
Umbral Plains: Doomshade

Tier 3) Sanctus Seru: Lord Inquisitor Seru
Ssraeshza Temple: Emperor Ssraeshza
Ssraeshza Temple: Vyzh`dra the Cursed
Ssraeshza Temple: Xerkizh The Creator

Tier 4) Vex Thal

Planes of Power

Tier 1) Planes of Power: Xanamech Nezmirthafen

Tier 2) Planes of Power: Aerin`Dar
Planes of Power: Grummus
Planes of Power: Manaetic Behemoth
Planes of Power: Rydda`Dar
Planes of Power: Saryrn
Planes of Power: Sol Ro Tower - Arlyxir
Planes of Power: Sol Ro Tower - Jiva
Planes of Power: Sol Ro Tower - Rizlona
Planes of Power: Sol Ro Tower - The Protector of Dresolik
Planes of Power: Sol Ro Tower - Xuzl
Planes of Power: Tallon Zek
Planes of Power: Terris Thule
Planes of Power: The Seventh Hammer
Planes of Power: Vallon Zek

Tier 3) Planes of Power: Agnarr the Storm Lord
Planes of Power: Bertoxxulous
Planes of Power: Mithaniel Marr
Planes of Power: Rallos Zek
Planes of Power: Solusek Ro

Tier 4) Planes of Power: Plane of Air
Planes of Power: Plane of Earth and Plane of Earth B
Planes of Power: Plane of Fire
Planes of Power: Plane of Water

Tier 5) Plane of Time B

What do you guys think? Does this look right?

SamwiseRed
07-18-2013, 10:12 PM
wall of slaughter? isnt that post PoP (like discord or something)

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 10:13 PM
wall of slaughter? isnt that post PoP (like discord or something)

I'm 99.9% positive it is, as I played EQ from Velious-POP in an end game raiding guild and had never even heard of it.

As such, I expect I'll leave it out entirely, but on the Zam page it was in the mix of Luclin/PoP content, so I was curious. How's the rest of it look? Close to correct?

kylok
07-18-2013, 10:17 PM
I don't have a citeable source for this but if you take my word for it....
I played with someone who beta tested and played hardcore through at least omens of war i want to say... they testify that fear was most definitely the first plane - and that in fact back in the day the trash in fear was group killable content (there was even talk of druids soloing in fear). Unfortunately I have no dates for you and I'm just going off of my memory.

Thulack
07-18-2013, 10:20 PM
Wall of Slaughter is from Omens of War Xpac. Few Xpac after PoP.

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 10:20 PM
I don't have a citeable source for this but if you take my word for it....
I played with someone who beta tested and played hardcore through at least omens of war i want to say... they testify that fear was most definitely the first plane - and that in fact back in the day the trash in fear was group killable content (there was even talk of druids soloing in fear). Unfortunately I have no dates for you and I'm just going off of my memory.

Credible with other sources of info I've found. The above "order" of targets is basically the actual progression as far as difficulty. For instance, under the classic section, I'm assuming that this was just before Kunark was released, with all 3 planes being available. Supposedly, from the ZAM page, Sky is the easiest of the 3, and thus I placed it just after Naggy/Vox, and before Fear/Hate.

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Wall of Slaughter is from Omens of War Xpac. Few Xpac after PoP.

Thanks for the info! Editing list to erase mention of it.

kylok
07-18-2013, 10:21 PM
Wall of Slaughter was Omens of War

Ele
07-18-2013, 10:26 PM

wtf? did they buff him up in PoM revamp? Irontaail solo'd him in original PoM

trustandfall
07-18-2013, 10:28 PM

wtf? did they buff him up in PoM revamp? Irontaail solo'd him in original PoM

This is actually the kind of info I'm looking for! You saying this leads me to believe he was indeed revamped, meaning that in era correct context he is probably not harder than NToV. Knowing this for sure from a very old vet would help me have a better idea of where this target should be placed as far as true era specific progression is concerned.

On ZAM, he is listed as a 5th tier encounter comparable to Vex Thal and entry-level PoP raid encounters. O.o