PDA

View Full Version : When is NPC mana nerf coming?

TarukShmaruk
07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I don't know if you guys have noticed but the mana pool on NPC's is absolutely broken - they have like 3-4x the pool of a player of the same level.

Is the fix for this coming anytime soon?

Nial
07-03-2013, 01:17 AM
Not only that but they can cast without line of sight. Try hiding behind a building while a mob casts on you and it still lands.

Kagatob
07-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Not only that but they can cast without line of sight. Try hiding behind a building while a mob casts on you and it still lands.

That's classic, the issue isn't spells landing after you've left line of sight the issue is that they can start casting while you are out of line of sight. Significantly different.

Razdeline
07-03-2013, 01:52 AM
That's classic, the issue isn't spells landing after you've left line of sight the issue is that they can start casting while you are out of line of sight. Significantly different.

Clark
07-03-2013, 03:26 AM
I don't know if you guys have noticed but the mana pool on NPC's is absolutely broken - they have like 3-4x the pool of a player of the same level.

Is the fix for this coming anytime soon?

Handull
07-03-2013, 10:16 AM
fix coming next patch

TarukShmaruk
07-03-2013, 11:40 AM
It makes certain dungeons and zones very frustrating - I played a lot on live in 1999 and I don't remember casters being quite this ridiculous.

Shaman/Cleric/Druid mobs for example, will sit there and chain cast nukes on you, and then chain heal themselves when they get low.

And they also cast SoW indoors but I know that's classic :|

Gadwen
07-03-2013, 12:04 PM
It makes certain dungeons and zones very frustrating - I played a lot on live in 1999 and I don't remember casters being quite this ridiculous.

Shaman/Cleric/Druid mobs for example, will sit there and chain cast nukes on you, and then chain heal themselves when they get low.

And they also cast SoW indoors but I know that's classic :|

Yeah they definitely have a much larger mana pool than they should, but this fix along with many others are still awaiting the next patch. Nobody but the staff know when they intend to patch it.

Droog007
07-03-2013, 12:34 PM
...the issue is that they can start casting while you are out of line of sight...

I have not experienced this on P99. Mobs will correctly re-acquire LOS before starting a new spell.

It does seem like they have a lot of mana, but what's more devastating is the level of spells that they cast. I don't think frogs in Sebilis have the same spellbooks they had on live, for instance. And running artound in TT, nearly every shaman frog in the zone has a pet - on live only the highest level shaman mobs would summon a pet.

SirAlvarex
07-03-2013, 12:38 PM
I have not experienced this on P99. Mobs will correctly re-acquire LOS before starting a new spell.

It does seem like they have a lot of mana, but what's more devastating is the level of spells that they cast. I don't think frogs in Sebilis have the same spellbooks they had on live, for instance. And running artound in TT, nearly every shaman frog in the zone has a pet - on live only the highest level shaman mobs would summon a pet.

Most will *attempt* to reacquire LOS, but some will stop chasing you and begin casting again. One zone that is notorious for this (and why I hate freaking Hags) is Unrest.

Zones like Sebilis I never noticed this issue.

Flamewraith
07-03-2013, 02:23 PM
Killing shadow men for a rapier with my pet is nearly impossible. At lvl 53 I have to assist my pet with a nuke as the shadow men chain heal themselves faster than he can kill them.

TarukShmaruk
07-03-2013, 02:59 PM

There is absolutely zero way the shaman frogs in TT had a pet on live. I remember this quite clearly.

Also, here:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4157

There is no mention of them having a pet, and there is a level 39 shaman talking about solo'ing one for his quest in the early 2000s - very unlikely because I tried doing the same thing at 39 with good gear and couldn't hang with the spam spells + pet harassment.