PDA

View Full Version : Sync raid spawn timers that fall in common windows

Lonetree
06-14-2013, 09:51 PM
Sync raid spawn timers that fall in common windows. Say trak drops, when calculating its new random repop the window for this overlaps with when Cazic is already going to spawn. Have the code that picks the time sync it to spawn exactly when Cazic spawns. This keeps it ~random, keeps it within the same frequency, but gives two guilds a chance since its harder for 1 guild to be in two places at once.

Cippofra
06-14-2013, 11:28 PM
Or maybe the 400+ people who think that somehow crying about how they aren't capable of getting raid targets will wake up and realize that maybe, just maybe, trying it will be more effective than crying about it. It's your fault you don't bother competing. The bs you hear around these forums is a lot like hearing some minimum wage drug addict complaining about how he doesn't get 6 figures and drive around a ferrari. You get the same opportunity every single other player gets. That isn't the top 2 guilds' fault. It's on you.

Tasslehofp99
06-15-2013, 02:56 AM
Sync raid spawn timers that fall in common windows. Say trak drops, when calculating its new random repop the window for this overlaps with when Cazic is already going to spawn. Have the code that picks the time sync it to spawn exactly when Cazic spawns. This keeps it ~random, keeps it within the same frequency, but gives two guilds a chance since its harder for 1 guild to be in two places at once.

Or maybe the 400+ people who think that somehow crying about how they aren't capable of getting raid targets will wake up and realize that maybe, just maybe, trying it will be more effective than crying about it. It's your fault you don't bother competing. The bs you hear around these forums is a lot like hearing some minimum wage drug addict complaining about how he doesn't get 6 figures and drive around a ferrari. You get the same opportunity every single other player gets. That isn't the top 2 guilds' fault. It's on you.

To even attempt killing raid mobs here you need to put in a retarded amount of time and effort. Simply put, for a majority of this server its not worth it. This is why you see the server pop fluctuate so often and so extremely. I pray velious isn't too late to fix this, and that variance is removed or re-thought out in such a way that one guild cant possibly monopolize the content for 2 years straight like we have seen since IB beat kunark and left.

Cippofra
06-15-2013, 11:05 AM
To even attempt killing raid mobs here you need to put in a retarded amount of time and effort. Simply put, for a majority of this server its not worth it. This is why you see the server pop fluctuate so often and so extremely. I pray velious isn't too late to fix this, and that variance is removed or re-thought out in such a way that one guild cant possibly monopolize the content for 2 years straight like we have seen since IB beat kunark and left.

I don't see the issue with this. Things in classic took retarded amounts of time. I spent 12+ hours grinding through 59, killing uncontested mobs with a great group. Putting off bathroom breaks, not eating or sleeping. Ditching school for a CR from last night's raid. It's not a game designed for casual players. If you want end game content half your life needs to be devoted to this.

This server, however, is mostly casual players, and a few extremely casual like me that play less than one hour a day. Will never have epic, will never raid, hell probably won't even group. Couldn't care less about the end game scene because that's not what I'm here for. But you can't propose that the staff make everything easier just because more people aren't willing to try harder.

Sarius
06-15-2013, 12:10 PM
It's not that people aren't willing, it is that they are unable. What is the incentive to show up to a raid when it is called when the competition already had a fully buffed raid force camped at the target? This is something that was simply not seen in classic because of no account buying/selling and subscription fees. Non-classic problem needs non-classic solution IMO.

Widan
06-15-2013, 12:13 PM
It wasn't seen in classic because if you were on a server with people behaving like adults you had a rotation for major raid mobs that all the guilds stuck to.

Just because the staff refuses to implement such a thing (because the players are not mature enough to do it themselves) doesn't mean that it's still not the best solution.

Cippofra
06-15-2013, 02:01 PM
So people don't want instances, but they also want an environment where competition with other players doesn't exist. Got it. That makes sense now.

Splorf22
06-15-2013, 02:38 PM
Every time someone refers to "huge timesink" as "competition" I want to invent a device that allows me to stab people in the face over the internet.

There are many games that involve people competing against each other that don't involve sitting on a spawn point for 8 hours or tracking/batphoning etc.

Personally I don't see why we can't all just get along and relive a few memories but if the players and staff are so anxious to turn P1999 into a competitive egotistical epeen fest, they can do it without variance.

Tecmos Deception
06-15-2013, 02:53 PM

I want to know how you guys even understood wtf lonetree was trying to talk about such that you could reply. This quote is a bunch of jibberish to me. I try to make sense of it, but by the time I get to the third "sentence," my head hurts.

Cippofra
06-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Fact is, this is how classic EQ works. Essentially, this is why we all play here. Where are you going to draw the line? Will farming be controlled too? I need a fungi tunic just as much as anyone needs their epic. Need my epic too. But fungis are farmed by everyone for money. Means very few people who actually need one will ever have the opportunity. Since, by common logic around here, this isn't fair to me, I propose people are only allowed to loot one of every valuable item every 60 days. I can't be bothered to work for my fungi tunic so I believe the staff should go out of their way to give me one.

Sarius
06-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Not even close, please stop posting.

Cippofra
06-15-2013, 03:03 PM
Not even close, please stop posting.

Good argument. Definitely justifies your whining, crying, and bitching.

Splorf22
06-15-2013, 03:21 PM
Where are you going to draw the line?

At classic, obviously. What a giant softball.

Sarius
06-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Good argument. Definitely justifies your whining, crying, and bitching.

Not the one bitching, learn to read.

Cippofra
06-15-2013, 03:31 PM
Not the one bitching, learn to read.

It's not that people aren't willing, it is that they are unable. What is the incentive to show up to a raid when it is called when the competition already had a fully buffed raid force camped at the target? This is something that was simply not seen in classic because of no account buying/selling and subscription fees. Non-classic problem needs non-classic solution IMO.

That sound familiar? It should. I understand though. It's just so unfair that someone else gets a target instead of you just because you arent capable of downing that target.

Sarius
06-15-2013, 03:36 PM
Lol you don't even make a valid argument. My comment has absolutely nothing to do with a guilds ability to down a target. You are truly a terrible poster.

Splorf22
06-15-2013, 05:48 PM
Non-classic problem needs non-classic solution IMO.

Which one of us is whining again?

harnold
06-15-2013, 06:25 PM

This is 100% true, show that youve put in any effort instead of crying on the forum. If a guild puts in extreme amount of effort and time, then why shouldnt they get the raid boss?

Cippofra is right, this has been argued to death already

harnold
06-15-2013, 06:25 PM
please post screenshots showing that you put in any effort please

Cippofra
06-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Does it matter if the problem is created by a mechanic that is not classic? What matters is that it is 100% fair. Your issue is you cannot mobilize a force to take down a target. Someone else does. You want the staff to handicap the groups that are capable of mobilizing, to make things easier for you. How is this fair to those groups who decide to put in the work to get what they want?

My issue is that people can't handle a mechanic that is designed to create fair, equal opportunities. Can you imagine how powerful a guild made up of the 400-500 people that cry about this would be? Instead you just cry because you expect someone else to fix your lack of ability and/or motivation.

Splorf22
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
We have a server that is dedicated to recreating classic Everquest. Nilbog is so fanatical about this that he had someone hack into the client and disable the map, compass, spell sets, and so on (much harder than writing code). Asking for changes from classic (or asking to maintain those changes) that benefit you makes YOU the whiner. It is amazing to me that you cannot see this.

harnold
06-15-2013, 06:33 PM
Just look at FE, they decided to try to compete and have taken down a shitload of raid bosses and at one point was almost on par with TMO. They put in the effort and got what they wanted. Now that they were plagued by their various issues and looks to be on the downfall, theres even more of a chance for a new group of dedicated players to step in

Cippofra
06-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Just look at FE, they decided to try to compete and have taken down a shitload of raid bosses and at one point was almost on par with TMO. They put in the effort and got what they wanted. Now that they were plagued by their various issues and looks to be on the downfall, theres even more of a chance for a new group of dedicated players to step in

Has nothing to do with effort. The GM's, nilbog, Jesus Christ, and Al Gore were helping them cheat.

Splorf22
06-15-2013, 06:52 PM
NOT CLASSIC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S72_-8l5xtU

harnold
06-15-2013, 06:56 PM
edit: not RNF,

nice version: Splorf I reccomend you take this effort you are putting into these forums to whine into the game itself to try to get those raid targets you desperately want. Effort will yield the results. Whining on the forum and acting like its everyone elses fault will not.

harnold
06-15-2013, 07:01 PM
My god is your guild actually making pages on the wiki to advertise item sales? That is not cool

Splorf22
06-15-2013, 07:54 PM
So on one hand we have the people who support classic EQ.

On the other hand we have retards who hate classic and vandalize wiki pages.

The choice is clear: Splorf for president

edit: Hmm I just checked your post history and aside from being 100% troll it seems you are a huge fan of The Sleeper.