PDA

View Full Version : Random Ranger Thread

Tecmos Deception
06-06-2013, 01:30 PM
So yeah, 200k worth of gear and some powerleveling and only 15 hours played, but I was already going insane before I hit 20 with my ranger. But then I hit 20 and got double attack and started equipping my woodsman's staff, and then in 21 my skills finally caught up, and now in 22 I have harmony and a new nuke and a new heal and snare actually lasts more than a few ticks and track works farther than I can see... this isn't half bad!

Yay!

Good thing I didn't start out as a ranger on here though, sheesh. I guess maybe I've just gotten spoiled (REALLY spoiled) playing my enchanter though!

Faerie
06-06-2013, 02:06 PM
Sounds like you were pretty spoiled on your ranger, too :P

Stinkum
06-06-2013, 02:28 PM
Soloing with Fungi/Woodsman works for a good while, but you'll have to stick to classic zones because by the time you hit your 30s/40s you won't be able to solo-tank Kunark mobs as a Ranger efficiently. By then you'll be bored as shit of it anyway.

Handull
06-06-2013, 04:07 PM
check out MM for 39-43/44, maybe even sooner. There are some nice areas a ranger can solo using harmony and snare. Just avoid the casters, they aren't worth it. (always keep yourself sow'd and have an escape plan)

44-48 the Specters in oasis/feerrot are pretty good solo.

Lemiddar
06-06-2013, 04:09 PM
Soloing with Fungi/Woodsman works for a good while, but you'll have to stick to classic zones because by the time you hit your 30s/40s you won't be able to solo-tank Kunark mobs as a Ranger efficiently. By then you'll be bored as shit of it anyway.

I guess it depends on what you consider efficient? I've done 1-46 solo, aside from a couple groups with goals other than experience that generated a bit of XP.

That's the entire goal of this character for me. I've done about 150 levels as a Ranger over the years. My goal here was to solo to 60 pre-Velious (before panic animal, which makes that task much easier). I haven't really hit a hitch so far, although I anticipate that I may around level 50.

I generally push out a few levels, then farm for a couple weeks. It keeps me interested when I do decide it's time to grind out some more experience.

Edit to add: I haven't used a Fungi, although I've had haste since level 20 and a Woodsman since ~30.

Tecmos Deception
06-06-2013, 04:10 PM
I was thinking I'd putz around in SK/paw until I can manage highkeep, then kill guards there (evil city factions, I couldn't call myself a ranger if evil people living in cities liked me!) until I can move to bloodgills... then hopefully they could carry me up near 50 before I settle down to group the rest of the way.

That's all working on the unlikely assumption that I stick with my ranger for that long :)

Aaron
06-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Soloing the entrance of Kedge was good xp for me when playing ranger on live 13 years ago. Would be much easier for twinked Ranger.

Think you can do 35-40 pretty easily there. There was no such thing as a Fungi Tunic when I did it.

Stinkum
06-07-2013, 02:48 PM
I guess it depends on what you consider efficient? I've done 1-46 solo, aside from a couple groups with goals other than experience that generated a bit of XP.

That's the entire goal of this character for me. I've done about 150 levels as a Ranger over the years. My goal here was to solo to 60 pre-Velious (before panic animal, which makes that task much easier). I haven't really hit a hitch so far, although I anticipate that I may around level 50.

I generally push out a few levels, then farm for a couple weeks. It keeps me interested when I do decide it's time to grind out some more experience.

Edit to add: I haven't used a Fungi, although I've had haste since level 20 and a Woodsman since ~30.

That's what I did, but you pretty much hit a dead end when you start to get late 40s/50s as a Ranger. You can't really solo anything, and groups don't want you.

Unless you have a close group of very actively playing friends or a guild to constantly group with, it sucks balls.