PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Vonyor
11-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Don't assume the person who called the train was the person who caused the train.

All the time I see the wrong people/groups get blamed for trains, when in fact they themselves are just the survivors of whomever trained them.

Don't give people shit for not dropping what they are doing to rez, sow, clarity or teleport you

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Erudite jokes are racist

If they weren't black you wouldnt find it amusing to compare them to drug addicts and criminals. I still see erudite jokes on almost a daily basis, they just dont get reiterated in ooc for 15 minutes straight like they used to.

Refering to something you dislike as gay is derogatory towards homosexuals, obviously

You arent 14 anymore, grow up. And no, the word gay isnt dissociated with homosexuality in our society. Even if it was, its origin is still homophobic and it still reinforces its origin.

If you know how much money you want for an item then include the cost in your auction.

If you arent sure what the value is, that is fine. Most people who dont include the cost do it because they want twice its real value; and dont want everyone to say something and ruin their chances to rip someone off.

What level tank do you want?

Some zones can fit up to 30 levels of content. So when you say you are looking for more, say what level you are looking for. Dont go anon and expect people to magically know what lvl tank, healer or dps you are looking for and dont ignore said individual for asking.

Turn auto split on

Bullshit, you arent going to get any less copper and silver with it off, they still drop those with split off, only in larger quantities. Only you knew that and you just also want the larger quantity of gold and plat. You especially arent going to get less silver and copper when you are the only fucker in the group with autosplit off.

There are things that happen on a daily basis that I think, gah i need to write this down and make some big blog entry about the crap people do in MMOs. Of coarse I havent written any down and this is only a fraction of the stuff that annoys me. If I think of anything else I guess I can add it later.

Hasbinbad
11-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Shut the fuck up.

Nobody cares.

Vonyor
11-22-2009, 02:47 PM
Maybe thats why its in rants and flames you dumbass

uncle
11-22-2009, 03:36 PM
Don't assume the person who called the train was the person who caused the train.

All the time I see the wrong people/groups get blamed for trains, when in fact they themselves are just the survivors of whomever trained them.

Don't give people shit for not dropping what they are doing to rez, sow, clarity or teleport you

The world doesn't revolve around you.

Erudite jokes are racist

If they weren't black you wouldnt find it amusing to compare them to drug addicts and criminals. I still see erudite jokes on almost a daily basis, they just dont get reiterated in ooc for 15 minutes straight like they used to.

Refering to something you dislike as gay is derogatory towards homosexuals, obviously

You arent 14 anymore, grow up. And no, the word gay isnt dissociated with homosexuality in our society. Even if it was, its origin is still homophobic and it still reinforces its origin.

If you know how much money you want for an item then include the cost in your auction.

If you arent sure what the value is, that is fine. Most people who dont include the cost do it because they want twice its real value; and dont want everyone to say something and ruin their chances to rip someone off.

What level tank do you want?

Some zones can fit up to 30 levels of content. So when you say you are looking for more, say what level you are looking for. Dont go anon and expect people to magically know what lvl tank, healer or dps you are looking for and dont ignore said individual for asking.

Turn auto split on

Bullshit, you arent going to get any less copper and silver with it off, they still drop those with split off, only in larger quantities. Only you knew that and you just also want the larger quantity of gold and plat. You especially arent going to get less silver and copper when you are the only fucker in the group with autosplit off.

There are things that happen on a daily basis that I think, gah i need to write this down and make some big blog entry about the crap people do in MMOs. Of coarse I havent written any down and this is only a fraction of the stuff that annoys me. If I think of anything else I guess I can add it later.

Who gives a shit? There isnt even a fucking server to play on so why does any of this stuff matter?

Vonyor
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
Trolling and telling people not to give a shit, doesnt work anymore then when you troll and tell people to give it a shit about IB.

uncle
11-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Trolling and telling people not to give a shit, doesnt work anymore then when you troll and tell people to give it a shit about IB.

you are failing to see my point...there isnt even a server to play on so why even waste timing bringing all this crap up?

Vonyor
11-22-2009, 03:50 PM
There are lots of servers to play on, including project1999 when it comes back up.

Im bringing it up now for the obvious fact that if the server was up, I wouldnt even be on the forums.

Ektar
11-23-2009, 02:08 AM
Actually, autosplit works differently than it used to.

It splits the loot evenly, breaking plat, gold, etc. down into the necessarily smaller components. So if a mob has 2 plat, 5 gold, 6 silver, 8 copper (yes, just made those up), that gets divided into 4 gold, 2 silver, 8 copper a piece for a full group (2pp,5gp,6sp,8cp = 2568cp, divided by 6 = 428 (yes I used a calculator), which is 4gp,2sp,8cp.)

Now that wouldn't be too bad now, since I have a box of abu kar, light burlap sack, and the EE bag. But let's travel back to level 20. I'm in full bronze, basically no strength gear, and I'm tankin these blood red goblins in sola. I shit you not, sir, my natural weight (when I left the bank after selling) was 105/101.

With yaulp, I was able to be unencumbered during fights, keeping my agility above 75, the big AC-fucker being 74. But to do this, I had to destroy my coins when they added up to too much. With split on, I got 0pp, and the occasional gold coin. silver and copper were instantly destroyed. I requested people turn off split just so I don't have to destroy my coins every time someone looted something.

So please! turn OFF autosplit! Casters, I will allow you to stand up for a moment, miss a single tick of mana regen every now and then. Do it when you're at 75m, loot like 5 in a row. It's cool, we understand!

Goobles
11-23-2009, 02:30 AM
[B]Refering to something you dislike as gay is derogatory towards homosexuals, obviously

The origin of gay is happy, actually. But I get your point.

Ruien
11-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Yah I agree with this. The concept of autosplit chopping up coins has both advantages and disadvantages, so I can't always agree that autosplit is good. But generally it's good to keep it on unless someone in your group is 105/101 out of the bank. Everything else is right on.

Zarniwooop
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Edit: deleted.

President
11-23-2009, 10:13 AM
The Origins of the word gay is "Happy" not negative towards gay people.

Wonton
11-23-2009, 02:33 PM
Actually, autosplit works differently than it used to.

It splits the loot evenly, breaking plat, gold, etc. down into the necessarily smaller components. So if a mob has 2 plat, 5 gold, 6 silver, 8 copper (yes, just made those up), that gets divided into 4 gold, 2 silver, 8 copper a piece for a full group (2pp,5gp,6sp,8cp = 2568cp, divided by 6 = 428 (yes I used a calculator), which is 4gp,2sp,8cp.)

Now that wouldn't be too bad now, since I have a box of abu kar, light burlap sack, and the EE bag. But let's travel back to level 20. I'm in full bronze, basically no strength gear, and I'm tankin these blood red goblins in sola. I shit you not, sir, my natural weight (when I left the bank after selling) was 105/101.

With yaulp, I was able to be unencumbered during fights, keeping my agility above 75, the big AC-fucker being 74. But to do this, I had to destroy my coins when they added up to too much. With split on, I got 0pp, and the occasional gold coin. silver and copper were instantly destroyed. I requested people turn off split just so I don't have to destroy my coins every time someone looted something.

So please! turn OFF autosplit! Casters, I will allow you to stand up for a moment, miss a single tick of mana regen every now and then. Do it when you're at 75m, loot like 5 in a row. It's cool, we understand!

Good times, good times!

Wonton
11-23-2009, 02:46 PM
When people use a different forum name and not their in-game name.

Because when people post stupid things I like to avoid them in-game (not pointing any fingers).

Vonyor
11-23-2009, 02:51 PM
The Origins of the word gay is "Happy" not negative towards gay people.

I meant the origin of the phrase "That's gay"

But thanks for repeating something that someone else already said and still not realizing the obvious

Aaron
11-23-2009, 03:20 PM
This thread is gay and...

...ah shit, I gotta run. An Erudite is breaking into my car.

Bubbles
11-23-2009, 10:02 PM
When people use a different forum name and not their in-game name.

Because when people post stupid things I like to avoid them in-game (not pointing any fingers).
^^^^^

sooo this.. Second the notion!

Serith
11-23-2009, 10:36 PM
Erudite detected, deploying emergency evacuation plan.

Threat level: High

Seuriu
11-24-2009, 02:45 AM
lol serith~

i hate when people have autosplit on. thats why alpha looting was invented!

EliteJackson
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM
This thread is gay and...

...ah shit, I gotta run. An Erudite is breaking into my car.

I'd like to apologize on behalf of God for making racist shit funny. He's really, really sorry.

P.S. He and I both LOL'd at the quoted post and neither of us dislike queers or blacks. Funny is funny.

Saltinecracker
02-03-2010, 07:25 PM
why cant i say gay ... thats not cool.. homo or faggot is the new (bad) word for Homosexuals.. Gay = not cool, not fair, not right, etc ... lol man vonyor you QQ alot.

Im going to take the word "Gay" back . Homosexuals cant steal it from me.

Also this is not to offend anyone with that kind of life style.

karsten
02-03-2010, 07:51 PM
one time when i was grouping with abra in mistmoore when i was like level 25 we let vonyor into the group and when we told him to just loot corpses periodically because we weren't turning autosplit on he nerdraged and disbanded, true story

guineapig
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
why cant i say gay ... thats not cool.. homo or faggot is the new (bad) word for Homosexuals.. Gay = not cool, not fair, not right, etc ... lol man vonyor you QQ alot.

Im going to take the word "Gay" back . Homosexuals cant steal it from me.

Also this is not to offend anyone with that kind of life style.

There is nothing "new" about those terms.
I tend to /ignore people who throw around phrases like all of the above.

Tristin
02-04-2010, 01:37 AM
cant we all just be men about it?

Ektar
02-04-2010, 03:08 AM
who dug this up? =p

I can actually see by time and date of posts. But more meant as a rhetorical question.

Tristin
02-04-2010, 03:39 AM
might be my fault I only look at forums when I am at work thinking about being home making Tristin the best ranger he can be. Which wont happen until kunark but...

Shads
02-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Seriously I'm not gonna worry myself about being politicaly correct or offending someone. IRL or in game so if I offend you too effing bad!

DatThreadNecro
12-07-2012, 02:59 PM
If you found this polluting up the forum, then you understand why thread necroing is bad.