PDA

View Full Version : PSA: There's a "Report" button for a reason

falkun
04-04-2013, 10:57 AM
For those who don't know, in the upper right-hand corner of each post is a little, red triangle with a "!" symbol inside. If you click on this button, labeled "Report Post", it takes you to a page where you can report the associated post as spam/trolling/nudity/racist/whatever and the mods will take care of it when they can. Responding, and especially quoting, a post you feel does not belong in a certain section of the forums only highlights the offending post, and creates additional work for mods because now they have to delete two posts instead of one.

Jesus, for people who claim vast knowledge of game mechanics, you're lack of knowledge about forum mechanics is embarrassing.

White Ranger
04-04-2013, 11:11 AM
^ mad

Autotune
04-04-2013, 11:22 AM
For those who don't know, in the upper right-hand corner of each post is a little, red triangle with a "!" symbol inside. If you click on this button, labeled "Report Post", it takes you to a page where you can report the associated post as spam/trolling/nudity/racist/whatever and the mods will take care of it when they can. Responding, and especially quoting, a post you feel does not belong in a certain section of the forums only highlights the offending post, and creates additional work for mods because now they have to delete two posts instead of one.

Jesus, for people who claim vast knowledge of game mechanics, you're lack of knowledge about forum mechanics is embarrassing.

A moderator, we don't have those.

Your lack of knowledge on forumquest staff is embarrassing.

Reporting is useless.

falkun
04-04-2013, 11:54 AM
Everything I've reported has been removed within 12 hours. Not "instant", but I can't complain.

Aviann
04-04-2013, 12:14 PM
Good to know you are a crying loser. It's almost as if your other posts never proved it enough for us.

Autotune
04-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Everything I've reported has been removed within 12 hours. Not "instant", but I can't complain.

it's probably because it was browsed by a GM.

Unless one of the new GMs actually started looking at the reports, but last I heard they don't get notified of the reports.

Ruinous
04-04-2013, 02:23 PM
you're lack of knowledge about forum mechanics is embarrassing.

"You are" lack of knowledge of the proper use of contractions is embarrassing!

sry couldn't resist :)

Hasbinbad
04-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Using the red ! used to send a PM directly to Rogean's cellphone.

I don't know if it still does or not.

I've probably said too much already.

OforOppression
04-04-2013, 02:49 PM
tigglescumguzzler, wts tag, i<3glitch, digglesistiggles, harrisonfatmad, faggotop, hasbingay, ******s, RMT4uandme, i<3stealindragons (http://pizzaforpixels.net)

Stinkum
04-04-2013, 02:50 PM

So you're saying that you actually patrol an Everquest emulator forum to report mildly inappropriate posts and then spam F5 to track when action has been taken?

Please kill me if my life is ever that bereft of activities.

OforOppression
04-04-2013, 02:52 PM
also hasbinbad is right, unless they changed it after forum troll spam, the PMs send a text or email (cant remember which) directly to rogean and i think nilbog

OforOppression
04-04-2013, 02:53 PM
pms = report :o

Hasbinbad
04-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Seriously? I'll start helping out too then.

falkun
04-04-2013, 03:58 PM
So you're saying that you actually patrol an Everquest emulator forum to report mildly inappropriate posts and then spam F5 to track when action has been taken?

Please kill me if my life is ever that bereft of activities.

Why hover over my F5 key when I can pay royalties to myu and let duct tape do the work for me?

Raije
04-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Sounds like someone mad and sad Myu left bda.

Hailto
04-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Good to know you are a crying loser. It's almost as if your other posts never proved it enough for us.

Reported you.

Peatree
04-04-2013, 06:06 PM
Reported you for being stupid.

Aviann
04-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Reported you.

Shi dawg

Pico
04-04-2013, 06:55 PM
if u ever unironically reported something in rnf thats probably the time to read thru dsm-iv and consult therapist

Faerie Blossom
04-04-2013, 07:19 PM
Anyone else excited about DSM-V? :)