PDA

View Full Version : Stop buying 7k Jboots MQs

Kagatob
03-30-2013, 06:24 PM
You fuckers are the reason this problem isn't going away.

Hailto
03-30-2013, 06:26 PM
As more and more platinum enters the economy, and doesn't have a sink to normalize it prices are going to continue to climb, thats just how it works.

Kagatob
03-30-2013, 06:35 PM
I get that, however prices of items should only slowly increase if the purchasers of said items would actually use their heads and have a semblence of patience.

JBoots MQ went from 4-5K to 7K+ in the matter of one week and the general response is "/shrug dems de economy".

Whatever happened to just waiting for someone to sell the item at the 'normal' price and not giving the price gougers the business so they would have to eventually lower their prices? No, instead everyone with the lower price matches high the second the gouger gets his first sale.

Shit's weak man.

Hasbinbad
03-30-2013, 06:41 PM
wts jboot mq 8k

ArumTP
03-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Handmade backpacks 80p?
Yeah seriously WTF, I've been making them for over a year and have made well over a thousand bags. Alot of gouging EC going on. Crap items that won't even do good in the end game or nearly top slot items are expensive for no good reason.

Halfelfbard
03-30-2013, 07:30 PM
200 lvl 1's joined the server...double the prices! Hmmmmmmm wonder y?

Originall Prankster
03-30-2013, 07:33 PM
WTS Bronze Longsword. 2k.

Hasbinbad
03-30-2013, 07:33 PM
its a complex scam to hold the price of rmt plat stable relative to in game inflation, increasing profits.

Macarena
03-30-2013, 07:38 PM
why dont you stop crying about it and camp you jboots yourself then lol, your lucky your even allowed to mq that if you wanted to

Aviann
03-30-2013, 07:40 PM
your lucky your

You're lucky you're

Halfelfbard
03-30-2013, 07:41 PM
its a complex scam to hold the price of rmt plat stable relative to in game inflation, increasing profits.

Dont always agree with HBB, but when i do...its about the truth.

Kagatob
03-30-2013, 07:56 PM
why dont you stop crying about it and camp you jboots yourself then lol, your lucky your even allowed to mq that if you wanted to

Bad grammar aside, I think you're suggesting I take a go at camping a permacamped item... You know the kind of permacamped where the person camping it has 3 corpses there and tells you that you can go on the list, doesn't say when he's done and has a guildie immediately replace him when he's sleeping/selling them.

ymw
03-30-2013, 08:09 PM
That's been happening a lot lately. There's a mage or two and another person doing it.

I haven't sold any in a while, but only charge 5k when I do. Always disheartening to see people offering 6-7k right after, but I can't bring myself to ask for that.

Kagatob
03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
It's because nobody on this server has a spine and has no idea the importance of maintaining a proper EQ economy/community. All they can think about is platinum and pixels.

Tecmos Deception
03-30-2013, 10:27 PM
This message is hidden because Kagatob is on your ignore list.

And I can't even remember why I ignored this fucker. He probably wouldn't stop bitching about the raid scene or twinks or PLs or something.

Fuck him.

<3 beer.

Tecmos Deception
03-30-2013, 10:28 PM
Where's Alawen at? He's got my back on this.

Fjck.

Kagatob
03-30-2013, 10:39 PM
For the record, well for anyone else who might care, it was likely because I (twice) called Tecmos out for being a min/maxer faggot/virgin after he threw a fit about people being bad if they ever get to full hp/mana and started posting statistics and damage parses as if they were some sort of rule of law and money was on the line.

TL;DR version, Tecmos is a faggot and is the 4th side of the Alarti/Eccezan/Alawen squarejerk.

Essedge
03-30-2013, 11:58 PM
you might as well tell folks to stop paying 80-90k for a fungi while you're at it

Alawen
03-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Where's Alawen at? He's got my back on this.

Fjck.

Dude! I've been painting all day except when I cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. Yes, exciting times on spring break. I tried buying a bottle of wine last night at 9:15 and it turns out they don't sell any alcohol here after 9:00PM. On a Friday! Wtf?!

Saidi
03-31-2013, 12:47 AM
you might as well tell folks to stop paying 80-90k for a fungi while you're at it

QFT

I know this is RnF but god damn, what a whiny post. Go camp it if you are really so upset. AC spawns really AREN'T permacamped, it just sounds to me like you don't try very hard to get the camp. :P Why don't you spend an unlucky 12 hours camping a ring only to sell it for 4k? Would that make you feel better?

Malphite
03-31-2013, 12:50 AM
Dude! I've been painting all day except when I cleaned my kitchen and bathroom. Yes, exciting times on spring break. I tried buying a bottle of wine last night at 9:15 and it turns out they don't sell any alcohol here after 9:00PM. On a Friday! Wtf?!

2am at a walmart i can get me some fireball, Jack, vodka whatever im feeling. Every day of the week.

I love this state

Barkingturtle
03-31-2013, 12:55 AM
7k falls out of my dickhole when I sneeze.

Quit being poor, imo.

Kagatob
03-31-2013, 01:57 AM
I simply want to quest the item, yet at no time during the day is it not camped and each time I ask to be put on the list for next camp I recieve no tells and suddenly someone else is camping the spawn with the original camper no longer online.

It's simple math, any player should not be expected to pay what would amount to 70, 10-dose SoW potions (408+hours of SoW) to bypass doing this quest, which I am not looking for a shortcut through.

All the raised price does is give the MQers have more incentive to hold the camp away from people who want to make an attempt to do the quest themselves because it's apparent that there are players who've been here forever who...
7k falls out of my dickhole when I sneeze.

Because they've been playing for 4 years.

Byrjun
03-31-2013, 02:36 AM
I bought a jboots MQ a couple weeks ago for 5k and the guy told me he got like 3 tells instantly. People are realizing that they can charge more, so they will. 7k still beats camping the ancient cyclops yourself.

Byrjun
03-31-2013, 02:46 AM
It's simple math, any player should not be expected to pay what would amount to 70, 10-dose SoW potions (408+hours of SoW) to bypass doing this quest, which I am not looking for a shortcut through.

Also, a few problems with this reasoning:

* SoW can get dispelled (often with root/snare effects - ghoul root etc.) or you can die so it's really not 408+ hours.

* Even if every single SoW lasts full duration, you'll go through 7k of sow potions in a month if you play a lot, 2-3 months if you play casually.

* No one wants to run around with 4 backpacks full of SoW potions and then go back to the bank when those run out.

* Jboots are instant cast, SoW potions take something like 4 seconds to cast, which is pretty important especially when you have aggro against a mob that can root/snare/dispel.

Jboots are simply better, so pony up the dough. If 7k is too much for you, I think Traveler's Boots are about 5k.

If you're only interested in doing the quest and not purchasing them, then I don't get the point of complaining about their cost in EC.

Kagatob
03-31-2013, 03:22 AM
Also, a few problems with this reasoning:

* SoW can get dispelled (often with root/snare effects - ghoul root etc.) or you can die so it's really not 408+ hours.
Even if you cut the number in half (which it would never come to that), that's still a shitton of hours of SoW. Also you seem to be assuming you'd drop the money on the potions all at once. I have a lvl 40 necro that's gone through a total of 2, 10-dose sow potions so far (200pp) and am ready to camp AC myself if it would ever become available to camp.
* Even if every single SoW lasts full duration, you'll go through 7k of sow potions in a month if you play a lot, 2-3 months if you play casually.
*does some quick math*
5+ hours a day every day is casual to you? You're rediculious.
* No one wants to run around with 4 backpacks full of SoW potions and then go back to the bank when those run out..
If you're carrying more than two 10-dose potions at a time you're doing something terribly terribly wrong.
* Jboots are instant cast, SoW potions take something like 4 seconds to cast, which is pretty important especially when you have aggro against a mob that can root/snare/dispel. This is pretty much your first point only reworded. Speed buff won't overwrite a snare either way so that point is moot, besides, over 90% of the time you would ever be fighting a mob that would cast dispell or root/snare on you you're either A: Indoors, B: In a group (likely can be buffed by a member) or C: High enough lvl to camp AC yourself, which again I'm trying to do.
Jboots are simply better, so pony up the dough. If 7k is too much for you, I think Traveler's Boots are about 5k.

If you're only interested in doing the quest and not purchasing them, then I don't get the point of complaining about their cost in EC.

Again, (apparently I can't stress this enough) since their rise in price a couple of weeks ago they have been perma-camped.

Kagatob
03-31-2013, 03:24 AM
Edit:: forgot to mention, Wiki says that Traveler's Boots is Velious era content and is not available on P99 yet. Even if it were, 5k is stupid to pay for an item that's inferior to something that was 4k 3 weeks ago.

Tecmos Deception
03-31-2013, 08:23 AM
Traveler's Boots

Lol :)

Macarena
03-31-2013, 08:44 AM
lol that you say its permacamped, anyone can get a quillmane with half a brain, everquest just seems too hard for you, i know newbies who started this month who easily racked up thousands of platinum just from ec trading, your the problem not the server, find a new game

Macarena
03-31-2013, 08:44 AM
*edit - not quillmane, AC i mean, not too hard to get it yourself if you wanted to

Macarena
03-31-2013, 08:46 AM
hell I was even in south ro yesterday twice as the only person in the zone

raff01
03-31-2013, 09:09 AM
As long as Velious isn't released, it will continue...

47shadesofgay
03-31-2013, 10:20 AM
WTB J-boot MQ 8k send tell to Itrala in game!~

fishingme
03-31-2013, 10:24 AM
QFT

I know this is RnF but god damn, what a whiny post. Go camp it if you are really so upset. AC spawns really AREN'T permacamped, it just sounds to me like you don't try very hard to get the camp. :P Why don't you spend an unlucky 12 hours camping a ring only to sell it for 4k? Would that make you feel better?

AC for the most part is perma-camped. I do not know if you have ever been there on this server. But anyone who works a job only has a 5% chance of getting it when they get off worked, and only slightly larger if they can play weekends and wake up at 5-6am PST. I've done the camp multiple times, I've also been one of those people with loot corpses I have never sold them for more than 4.5k-5k. But you do need to go through the ringer to get the camp.

Sirken
03-31-2013, 10:26 AM
an item is worth whatever a person is willing to pay for it

ymw
03-31-2013, 10:43 AM
AC for the most part is perma-camped. I do not know if you have ever been there on this server. But anyone who works a job only has a 5% chance of getting it when they get off worked, and only slightly larger if they can play weekends and wake up at 5-6am PST. I've done the camp multiple times, I've also been one of those people with loot corpses I have never sold them for more than 4.5k-5k. But you do need to go through the ringer to get the camp.

I've gotten the camp several times and have a job, don't get on at 5AM PST, or any of the other nonsense here. I got the camp yesterday, after about 30-45 minutes of waiting following my request to be on the list.

SRo is also open fairly often just passing by, even during prime time sometimes.

As mentioned above 5, 6, 7k is better than camping it if you have anything else to do.

fishingme
03-31-2013, 11:35 AM
I've gotten the camp several times and have a job, don't get on at 5AM PST, or any of the other nonsense here. I got the camp yesterday, after about 30-45 minutes of waiting following my request to be on the list.

SRo is also open fairly often just passing by, even during prime time sometimes.

As mentioned above 5, 6, 7k is better than camping it if you have anything else to do.

You either got lucky, or camp isn't as popular as it was a month ago when I was last there. True, Sro AC is less camped; but in the years I've been on this server I have always found the AC in oot to be better.

Byrjun
03-31-2013, 11:51 AM
Even if you cut the number in half (which it would never come to that), that's still a shitton of hours of SoW. Also you seem to be assuming you'd drop the money on the potions all at once. I have a lvl 40 necro that's gone through a total of 2, 10-dose sow potions so far (200pp) and am ready to camp AC myself if it would ever become available to camp.

*does some quick math*
5+ hours a day every day is casual to you? You're rediculious.

If you're carrying more than two 10-dose potions at a time you're doing something terribly terribly wrong.
This is pretty much your first point only reworded. Speed buff won't overwrite a snare either way so that point is moot, besides, over 90% of the time you would ever be fighting a mob that would cast dispell or root/snare on you you're either A: Indoors, B: In a group (likely can be buffed by a member) or C: High enough lvl to camp AC yourself, which again I'm trying to do.

Again, (apparently I can't stress this enough) since their rise in price a couple of weeks ago they have been perma-camped.

Starting to think you want to just complain on the forum as opposed to actually put in some times to get a menial item. You're just sounding like a silly contrarian now.

Byrjun
03-31-2013, 11:52 AM
Oh, and I didn't realize Traveler's Boots were Velious, I thought they were added the same time as tink bags (same vendor). I wouldn't know since I have no problem paying a few thousand plat for an item that gives you instant cast runspeed on demand.

Grahm
03-31-2013, 04:56 PM
I think I've grouped with this Byrjun guy a few times before in Karnors. All he does is spam J boots over and over again saying "This is so much better than SoW" (He's a shaman) Do not take advice from him.

Hailto
03-31-2013, 04:59 PM
I think I've grouped with this Byrjun guy a few times before in Karnors. All he does is spam J boots over and over again saying "This is so much better than SoW" (He's a shaman) Do not take advice from him.

Can confirm this to be true.

Halfelfbard
03-31-2013, 05:16 PM
http://zam.zamimg.com/images/9/b/9bf74dab39076a8ba825aa9910ace784.png

For the guy yellin about sow potions....LOL

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 06:57 PM
I get that, however prices of items should only slowly increase if the purchasers of said items would actually use their heads and have a semblence of patience.

JBoots MQ went from 4-5K to 7K+ in the matter of one week and the general response is "/shrug dems de economy".

Whatever happened to just waiting for someone to sell the item at the 'normal' price and not giving the price gougers the business so they would have to eventually lower their prices? No, instead everyone with the lower price matches high the second the gouger gets his first sale.

Shit's weak man.

lol don't forget the "Jboots selling confederAtion"
not even kidding its a real thing.
2 of them confirmed it in vent awhile back.
goddamn Saidi/Marquess. they said a few others are in the "confederation" too.

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 07:01 PM
QFT

stfu saidi
i love you to pieces but god damn stfu. every SECOND you are in game you are on your wizard kiting seafuries. hell you're even bound there. last time i talked to you you had 6-7 mqs to sell and 100k+ in the bank. I went to seafuries once on chellsea, got ran over by a wizard kite who claimed accident, then had multiple people steal my mobs who were there... 24 fucking 7. sro ac you say? no casual has time for that. NONE. karana ac? that's even rarer.

Tippett
03-31-2013, 07:26 PM
chellsea, it seems that ur return to the blue server has made u really whiny and and annoying

ZOMG STFU I CANT CAMP JBOOTS ITS LIKE 7K

for shame

Nune
03-31-2013, 07:31 PM
Seeing as you're 16 IRL, I can understand how you would be susceptible to thinking everything is a conspiracy theory, fact being it's far from true. When I bought my JBoot MQ it was from some dude who played a couple hours a night because he had RL and kids, he's a good guy and earned himself a /friend nod. Dude's legit only on a few hours a night, a few days a week.

EVERYONE would like JBoots on their char, and considering at peak times Blue is at right under 1k online, I would say it's more logical that there are a lot of people with the class and levels to camp these items for money/themselves vs. secret Jboot Blood alliance using hundreds of man hours to inflate and item for 20-40%.

You we're sucking your moms tits when we were playing live, so I get that you can't site Live during this era as a comparison, but on 7k would have been a fucking steal for JBoots on Tallon Zek, and you have no idea the "list" AC and shadowed men had, this shits the Diet version of CampQuest. You can get on a 5am EST and theres 250 people on THE ENTIRE SERVER if you cant camp an item you want you suck and have failed at EQ

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 07:34 PM
Conspiracy theory?
Saidi said it n vent rofl not even kidding. Have witnesses to confirm this

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 07:36 PM
Seeing as you're 16 IRL, I can understand how you would be susceptible to thinking everything is a conspiracy theory, fact being it's far from true. When I bought my JBoot MQ it was from some dude who played a couple hours a night because he had RL and kids, he's a good guy and earned himself a /friend nod. Dude's legit only on a few hours a night, a few days a week.

EVERYONE would like JBoots on their char, and considering at peak times Blue is at right under 1k online, I would say it's more logical that there are a lot of people with the class and levels to camp these items for money/themselves vs. secret Jboot Blood alliance using hundreds of man hours to inflate and item for 20-40%.

You we're sucking your moms tits when we were playing live, so I get that you can't site Live during this era as a comparison, but on 7k would have been a fucking steal for JBoots on Tallon Zek, and you have no idea the "list" AC and shadowed men had, this shits the Diet version of CampQuest. You can get on a 5am EST and theres 250 people on THE ENTIRE SERVER if you cant camp an item you want you suck and have failed at EQ

I seem to have struck a nerve

Nune
03-31-2013, 08:10 PM
I seem to have struck a nerve

I am just puzzled by the things you say sometimes considering this has to be the first time you've played EQ Classic? Save some other EMU.

Nune
03-31-2013, 08:11 PM
Conspiracy theory?
Saidi said it n vent rofl not even kidding. Have witnesses to confirm this

Sometimes people say things and they aren't true, this is called a lie.

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 08:12 PM
I am just puzzled by the things you say sometimes considering this has to be the first time you've played EQ Classic? Save some other EMU.

I used to play when it came out.. Although really it was me running around and dieting on my brothers account but good try though

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 08:13 PM
Sometimes people say things and they aren't true, this is called a lie.

Iunno saidi is 100% legit and good friend

Alawen
03-31-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm getting drunk and painting and the main theme of this thread sucks.

My cleric didn't have jboots for over two years. I think I used two SoW potions during that entire time. I randomly got a ring on my druid one day in OoT when I ran by an AC or he probably still wouldn't have jboots.

Grahm
03-31-2013, 08:37 PM
I used to play when it came out.. Although really it was me running around and dieting on my brothers account but good try though

how much weight did you lose

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 08:45 PM
how much weight did you lose

Lol fuck autocorrect *dieing

Saidi
03-31-2013, 08:54 PM
stfu saidi
i love you to pieces but god damn stfu. every SECOND you are in game you are on your wizard kiting seafuries. hell you're even bound there. last time i talked to you you had 6-7 mqs to sell and 100k+ in the bank. I went to seafuries once on chellsea, got ran over by a wizard kite who claimed accident, then had multiple people steal my mobs who were there... 24 fucking 7. sro ac you say? no casual has time for that. NONE. karana ac? that's even rarer.

You're too funny. I have 3 total to sell, and yes I am bound in OOT. I am seriously not always there though. Remember how I was in Seb on Marquess last week? The "J-boots Trade Federation" comment was a flippant remark, by the way. I made that name up on the fly when we were talking. I do stand by what I said though. Several of us would like who like to sell the MQs would like to raise the price, and so what? How can one afford to buy the other items with the now higher prices if one doesn't raise their own sometimes?

Saidi
03-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Iunno saidi is 100% legit and good friend

Even with what I just said, I do appreciate this sentiment. <3

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 09:15 PM
Even with what I just said, I do appreciate this sentiment. <3

Youn know I love and am just a but hurt high elf <3

Briscoe
03-31-2013, 09:28 PM
Tecmos is a faggot and is the 4th side of the Alarti/Eccezan/Alawen squarejerk.

Wow, congratulations Tecmos!

Alawen
03-31-2013, 09:31 PM
I barely know Eccezan and Alarti.

Kevynne
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
I barely know Eccezan and Alarti.

Lawled

Oddone
04-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Hmm strange Sro Ac is perma camped yet I logged in today at 2pm pst and I was the only person in zone. And like mentioned in other posts. Prices on other items are going up so why not increase the price on the ring to help us afford the items we want to buy as well?

Kagatob
04-01-2013, 12:50 AM
Hmm strange Sro Ac is perma camped yet I logged in today at 2pm pst and I was the only person in zone. And like mentioned in other posts. Prices on other items are going up so why not increase the price on the ring to help us afford the items we want to buy as well?
I work 3rd shift and have an hour commute each way. I'm lucky to wake up by 5pm by which time I have less than 5 hours before I have to be out the door, meanwhile the server is alredy at 800+ pop and SRo has around 4, lvl 40+ people waiting in line.
Checked again today like I do every day. The same mage from Swampwater Taffy that I've seen for the past 3 days has been there.

And like mentioned in other posts. Prices on other items are going up so why not increase the price on the ring to help us afford the items we want to buy as well?
Tell that to the crafters. They're prices have been solid for as far back as I've seen or can look up back through wiki. Same goes for the prices of crafting/research materials and aside from epics/Soulfire, pretty much every single other quest item in the game.

Kagatob
04-01-2013, 12:51 AM
I work 3rd shift and have an hour commute each way. I'm lucky to wake up by 5pm by which time I have less than 5 hours before I have to be out the door, meanwhile the server is alredy at 800+ pop and SRo has around 4, lvl 40+ people waiting in line.
Checked again today like I do every day. The same mage from Swampwater Taffy that I've seen for the past 3 days has been there.

Tell that to the crafters. They're prices have been solid for as far back as I've seen or can look up back through wiki. Same goes for the prices of crafting/research materials and aside from epics/Soulfire, pretty much every single other quest item in the game.

Their* :mad:

Oddone
04-01-2013, 01:09 AM
Well that mage happens to be me and I can guarantee I haven't been there the last 3 days considering I wasn't home at all yesterday lol and the day before I was out all night for a friends Bday.

Kagatob
04-01-2013, 01:40 AM
Well that mage happens to be me and I can guarantee I haven't been there the last 3 days considering I wasn't home at all yesterday lol and the day before I was out all night for a friends Bday.

It was definately mages the past 3 days, maybe your guild stood out because it was the most recent in memory.

There was even a 36 cleric claiming the camp last week, how he could hold that camp I have no idea.

Believe me, if I could play EQ from work and camp the thing at 4am I would, but I can't.

Doors
04-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Then play on red and kill the people camping AC, problem solved.

Kagatob
04-01-2013, 01:44 AM
Then play on red and kill the people camping AC, problem solved.

Is Kith working and is the XP nerf fixed?

If so, I'd consider it in the event my guild leader tires of blue and wants to switch back to red. In all honesty though I've tried red several times in the past on other servers, just isn't my bag and I lose interest in under a week.

Same reason I stopped playing multiplayer in any FPS, it's all the same deathmatch bullshit. zzz

Kagatob
04-01-2013, 02:13 AM
Also I'd like to point out that I didn't make this thread to attack anyone in particular (besides the fact that any/all threads are meant to attack the square-jerkfest). It's to vent about the situation and to express the importance that something be done to improve the community or at least some aspect of it.

There are admittedly bigger issues that need addressing, The raid scene and character sales to name two, but I picked the inflation and JBoots in particular because it's something that's much easier to change and if that change happens, the server can move on to bigger things. :)

rsloans84
04-01-2013, 06:49 AM
The camp for casual player is confirmed permacamped... But if u want kagato lets set up a day and ill help u grab ahold of this camp because my monk needs them now!

rsloans84
04-01-2013, 06:51 AM
If all else fails ill buy us both a pair i dont give a shit kagatob just gotta do some pl's

Sorrow*qc
04-01-2013, 12:57 PM
jboots are easily worth 7k, they are useful, in demand and a boring camp. They give a chance to lvl 30 ish noobs to make some money. Why so mad?

mimixownzall
04-01-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm betting OP is an Obama supporter.

OMGWTF420
04-01-2013, 01:29 PM
lol people pay 7k for jboots these days? just goes to show ive been out of the loop for a while

radditsu
04-01-2013, 02:13 PM
lol people pay 7k for jboots these days? just goes to show ive been out of the loop for a while

Just sold my JBB for twice what i paid for it. I figure when the population drops again i'll pick one up again, for a nice amount of cash.

Would sell my fungi but they have not scaled up as much.

Tecmos Deception
04-01-2013, 02:45 PM
Wow, congratulations Tecmos!

Haha.

I wouldn't even had known I was insulted except for the quotes.

<3 ignore list.

Tecmos Deception
04-01-2013, 02:49 PM
Have known? Beer, R&F no edit, distracted by baseball, et cetera.

skipdog
04-01-2013, 02:52 PM
Bad grammar aside, I think you're suggesting I take a go at camping a permacamped item... You know the kind of permacamped where the person camping it has 3 corpses there and tells you that you can go on the list, doesn't say when he's done and has a guildie immediately replace him when he's sleeping/selling them.

Your idea of how camped something like AC is.... is honestly ridiculous. I've had access to the AC camp on numerous occasion with as little effort as 'happen to be running through' and thats multiple times in the last month, with no intent on ever going to that camp and camping it myself. Put in a tiny bit of effort... it's not that hard.

Strifer
04-01-2013, 03:18 PM
TMO and FE will now be permacamping the Jboots with a reward of 1k to whomever is tracking and can ensure FTE. AC is srs bnz

Kevynne
04-02-2013, 12:16 AM
I bought a Jboot mq 4 months ago for 4k and it wasn't hard to find someone willing to sell.

Wtf that sig mpg rofl

Kagatob
04-02-2013, 12:33 AM
I'm betting OP is an Obama supporter.

Voted for Hillary in the primary though.
Eat me.

Your idea of how camped something like AC is.... is honestly ridiculous. I've had access to the AC camp on numerous occasion with as little effort as 'happen to be running through' and thats multiple times in the last month, with no intent on ever going to that camp and camping it myself. Put in a tiny bit of effort... it's not that hard.

Poopsocking a spawn for 8 hours a day over several days is not a "tiny bit of effort".

Checked the camp from 9am-2pm again yesterday before passing out for the day. Oddone was there again for 4 hours followed by someone else I don't remember who.

Kevynne
04-02-2013, 12:37 AM
Voted for Hillary in the primary though.
Eat me.

Poopsocking a spawn for 8 hours a day over several days is not a "tiny bit of effort".

Checked the camp from 9am-2pm again yesterday before passing out for the day. Oddone was there again for 4 hours followed by someone else I don't remember who.

Oot had 4-7 people there all day today..
One of them was not saidi for once :O (<3)

Saidi
04-02-2013, 10:59 PM
Oot had 4-7 people there all day today..
One of them was not saidi for once :O (<3)

If I wasn't so busy bein' a balla and boating around Desolation Sound I might have been. Just you wait until I get back from vacation. Just you wait.

Safon
04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
OP, thank you for bringing an actual issue into this forum that doesn't involve squabbling between FE and TMO. Right or wrong, people need to rant like this more often

Kagatob
04-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Came home from work today (yesterday I suppose), went to sleep and slept until I needed to leave for work again, didn't even have a chance to log in so I wonder how things went at the various AC camps.

Hasbinbad
04-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Wait .. AC in sro is a wandering mob.

You can't "be in line" for a wandering mob. Just wait for him to pop and kill it.

If they KS, petition and get your ring transferred.

Problem solved.

Kevynne
04-03-2013, 12:50 AM

You can't "be in line" for a wandering mob. Just wait for him to pop and kill it.

Problem solved.

Kagatob
04-03-2013, 12:54 AM

Problem solved.

It's just like any other camp, if you are at the camp in range to attack the mob as it spawns, it's your camp. Someone waiting to be in the camp once you are finished with it would be next 'in line'.

What's so difficult about this so simple of concepts?

Kagatob
04-03-2013, 08:59 AM

Camped. Epiced Shaman this time. Insult to injury really.

radditsu
04-03-2013, 09:19 AM
I should log my shaman out there as well. I really could use some Jboots to go with my Black Fur Boots. Shoes make the man.

Tiggles
04-03-2013, 09:59 AM
All i read here is poor casuals complaining about having to buy overpriced gear and MQ from more dedicated players.

Better start farming that plat boys, it's a sellers market

kotton05
04-03-2013, 10:04 AM

Tecmos Deception
04-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Err, in a sellers' market, farming plat is a bad idea, right? Should be farming items and then selling them for plat.

Zadrian
04-03-2013, 10:28 AM
More money = inflation!

Better to just saturate the market with items.

Endoku
04-03-2013, 10:41 AM
This message is hidden because Tiggles is on your ignore list.

Swish
04-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Population getting even lazier.... how long before a Lvl 5 expects a free 96% rez?

Camp them you fools, if you're lucky you'll have the drop within a couple of hours.

Hasbinbad
04-03-2013, 11:24 AM
It's just like any other camp, if you are at the camp in range to attack the mob as it spawns, it's your camp. Someone waiting to be in the camp once you are finished with it would be next 'in line'.

What's so difficult about this so simple of concepts?
Does the AC always spawn in the same place?

raff01
04-03-2013, 11:57 AM
All i read here is poor people with a life complaining about having to buy overpriced gear and MQ from fat unemployed nerds.

FIXED

Goobles
04-03-2013, 12:19 PM
Sounds like people be crying. If you have something that nobody else has, you can charge whatever the fuck you want for it, as long as people will pay.

Here's a real life example that you are all victim to, but ignorant of:

Coca-Cola/Pepsi went from 1.29 to 1.59 in 1 year.

How stupid are you to be crying about pixels?

Aviann
04-03-2013, 12:37 PM
Sounds like people be crying. If you have something that nobody else has, you can charge whatever the fuck you want for it, as long as people will pay.

Here's a real life example that you are all victim to, but ignorant of:

Coca-Cola/Pepsi went from 1.29 to 1.59 in 1 year.

How stupid are you to be crying about pixels?

Don't know where you live, nor do I care... But tbh, I'd sell coke to you for 1.35 per, as long as it is in bulk.

Goobles
04-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Don't know where you live, nor do I care... But tbh, I'd sell coke to you for 1.35 per, as long as it is in bulk.

LOL. Okay, if I were to buy Coca-Cola at 1.35 per, you do care where I live.

le sigh. Thought processes..

sanforce
04-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Just bought jboots for 5k. It's still possible!

Hasbinbad
04-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Goobles storming RNF with logic and wisdom!!

Silent
04-03-2013, 04:54 PM
Jeez, Jboots on red are cheaper then this.

Kevynne
04-03-2013, 04:58 PM
Jeez, Jboots on red are cheaper then this.

I got mine free from some random in red dawn :o

Aviann
04-03-2013, 06:43 PM

Not really. I don't care at all.

Kagatob
04-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Camp them you fools, if you're lucky you'll have the drop within a couple of hours.

Read the fucking thread dude. They're permacamped by the sellers. It's not even about the platinum anymore, I'm fine with SoW potions, I just want to complete the quest on my own. Sorry if I don't have 12 hours to sit back and watch someone else farm 4 rings making 3 corpses before they get bored only to pass the camp over to their friend/guildie.

Doesn't matter what time of day/night I log in. It's been permacamped for the past 3 weeks.

Ephirith
04-03-2013, 09:52 PM
They're permacamped by the sellers.

I've gotten 2, and my brother has gotten 3 within the past month. Sometimes people corpse them at the spawn and keep camping them, most of the times they don't. I got my first ring on my very first spawn, in 30 mins.

It's irrelevant anyway, no matter what the time requirement is, you're not entitled to a ring. Either put in the time to camp one, buy one, or shut the fuck up.

p.s. I sold one of mine for 7k

Kagatob
04-03-2013, 10:00 PM
Love the "You're not entitled to such and such but I'm entitled to being an asshat". Really speaks volumes of your character.

Kevynne
04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Love the "You're not entitled to such and such but I'm entitled to being an asshat". Really speaks volumes of your character.

He's known renter so his guild ditched him and reformed rofl

Kevynne
04-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Rmter*

Ephirith
04-03-2013, 10:57 PM
He's known derp so his guild ditched him and reformed rofl

Interesting to learn stuff about myself... especially interesting since the last guild I had the misfortune of being in was yours. Eventually left after I had to filter the down syndrome that is your guild chat to my combat log.

Plus I'm not a notable person; I suspect you have me confused with Knightt.

Autotune
04-03-2013, 11:23 PM

How do you figure that?

I wouldn't give a shit where you are from as long as you're buying shit from me and I'm making a profit.

Kevynne
04-03-2013, 11:38 PM
Interesting to learn stuff about myself... especially interesting since the last guild I had the misfortune of being in was yours. Eventually left after I had to filter the down syndrome that is your guild chat to my combat log.

Plus I'm not a notable person; I suspect you have me confused with Knightt.

Oh ya.. Sry. Saw iksar and thought knightt

Goobles
04-04-2013, 02:03 PM
How do you figure that?

I wouldn't give a shit where you are from as long as you're buying shit from me and I'm making a profit.

Would have to ship it somewhere, pendejo.

skipdog
04-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Read the fucking thread dude. They're permacamped by the sellers. It's not even about the platinum anymore, I'm fine with SoW potions, I just want to complete the quest on my own. Sorry if I don't have 12 hours to sit back and watch someone else farm 4 rings making 3 corpses before they get bored only to pass the camp over to their friend/guildie.

Doesn't matter what time of day/night I log in. It's been permacamped for the past 3 weeks.

This is 100% false. It has not been permacamped for 3 weeks. I have seen it open on multiple occassions and had the chance to take the camp myself multiple times.

Unless you are logged in 24/7 for the last 3 weeks staring at the camps, you can't make such a statement.

All I'm saying, is its a camp I keep an eye on and don't even aggressively try to get, and its been available many times in the last month. And no, its not being permacamped by 'sellers'. I've ran into multiple people getting the boots for themselves, and who cares if they are getting the boots to resell? You can go camp any item you'd like as well.

Calabee
04-04-2013, 02:15 PM
what's wrong with jboots 7k? they were 8-10 when they first started being MQ'able

Hasbinbad
04-04-2013, 02:45 PM
Nothing is wrong with it. This is just noobs being noobs.

JonathanHancock
04-04-2013, 03:03 PM

Why is it that whenever I make a post, even if it was ONLY THE LETTERS ***, my account get instantly and permanently banned?

Yet nothing ever happens to certain people? The GM favoritism is REALLY astounding on this server, and one can only assume it happens in game as well.

Goobles
04-04-2013, 03:06 PM
just noobs being noobs.

Hasbinbad
04-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Why is it that whenever I make a post, even if it was ONLY THE LETTERS ***, my account get instantly and permanently banned?

Yet nothing ever happens to certain people? The GM favoritism is REALLY astounding on this server, and one can only assume it happens in game as well.
Nilbog and Rogean trade me pixels for this sweet sweet browneye.

Are you questioning their decisions to do so?