PDA

View Full Version : Rudeness

Vonyor
11-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Instead of only broadcasting that I am LFG in ooc, I often use /who to look for people my own level. I noticed a lvl 29+ group in lower guk so I messaged a random person from that group and asked them who their group leader was. They informed me who it was. So I messaged that person, and asked if they could let me know if they got room for a lvl 30 wizard. They said yes.

30 minutes later they asked me if I am still available, and I say yes then precede to travel to lower guk. After I zone in I inform them that im there and they ask if I am invis thinking im in the room or something. I say no I meant im here as in the zone, I can't get to you without IVU. Then they ignore me for 10 minutes. I realize they arent going to come and get me so I ask if they are just going to look for someone else. Instead of answering me, they decide to ignore me and waste another 10 minutes of my time. After which they inform me that a shaman got their first.

Well wow, thanks so much for putting me on your waiting list, not.

cassaruby
11-19-2009, 04:48 PM
i also talked to vonyor when this was happening, not cool and the people doing it were from my own guild too, at least some of em were, including the said ignorer.

Bubbles
11-20-2009, 06:06 AM
In all fairness, it's a zillion times harder to get someone from ZI to where a group is camping in lower guk than it is in any other zone in the game.

In the future, remember if you can kill one undead frog at the live side zone in, any class with regular invisibilty can make it all the way to dead side tower. if they know Lower Guk's layout.

Takon
11-20-2009, 11:02 AM
In the future, remember if you can kill one undead frog at the live side zone in, and class with regular invisibilty can make it all the way to dead side tower. if they know Lower Guk's layout.

You must teach me the ways of the Jedi.

stormlord
11-21-2009, 06:10 AM

You can make it all the way to Lord Vader's room, if you know the layout of the death star, but only after you're able to duel a sith.

Ektar
11-23-2009, 01:55 AM

I shall teach you the ways, young Padawan.

Kreigore
11-24-2009, 10:47 AM
You can make it all the way to Lord Vader's room, if you know the layout of the death star, but only after you're able to duel a sith.

I lawled.

Skeletonya
11-24-2009, 12:19 PM

*waves her hand*

These arent the druids your looking for......

Noser
01-23-2011, 01:04 AM
I just found this amazing relevant thread

Azazel
01-23-2011, 04:56 AM
You share the responsibility to get to where the group is. I carry around ivu pots for this reason.
If you dont have pots then find a necro, cleric or enchanter that can ivu you. There will always be these classes in uguk. Take some initiative and dont expect other people to make the game easy for you.

Loke
01-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Honestly, it kind of sucks for you, but at the same time had I been a member of that group I would have been slightly irritated that you were demanding the group clear to the entrance to retrieve you. Not only is it annoying to the group, but shows your inability to perform a simple and routine task like knowing what you must to in order to participate in the group (ex: getting to the camp).

I'm not saying you were wrong or that the group was right - more that you were both wrong by failing to fully communicate your needs/concerns to each other during the initial conversation.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
01-23-2011, 10:15 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTYBY8ume2sGi69sQezT4R_DvRAFgCVX cE_5gbBkLVh0e8RGZbL

dredge
01-23-2011, 07:31 PM
Pick up groups suck for this reason.
I always try to inform my group of when I have to leave and ask if I should try to find a replacement. Now it seems like every time my replacement arrives, ports or runs all the way to Split Paw, more times then not, as soon as they arrive, the group decides to break making me look like an Ass.

If everyone is just going to up and quit every time conditions aren't 100% then why should I even try?

Sorry but it is very frustrating.

President
01-23-2011, 08:04 PM
Honestly, it kind of sucks for you, but at the same time had I been a member of that group I would have been slightly irritated that you were demanding the group clear to the entrance to retrieve you. Not only is it annoying to the group, but shows your inability to perform a simple and routine task like knowing what you must to in order to participate in the group (ex: getting to the camp).

I'm not saying you were wrong or that the group was right - more that you were both wrong by failing to fully communicate your needs/concerns to each other during the initial conversation.

The same could be said about a group or group leader expecting someone who can't cast IVU to get to the group without help.