PDA

View Full Version : Fun Spin on P99 Raiding Scene or No

Lune
03-09-2013, 08:02 PM
I was sitting in my mom's basement the other day and I was halfway through a taco bell grande meal when I got to thinking-- what could the playerbase do to make P99 raiding better?

Whatever it is, it has to be fair to all parties, that is, superior effort must be met with superior rewards.

Everquest was never a solely casual game, and I believe the exclusivity inherent in Everquest is one of the things many people love about it. Only the most dedicated (read: unemployed) individuals will get the very best loot in a timely manner, and I think that's absolutely how it should work, and that's a dynamic we've lost in many of the more egalitarian modern MMO's. We want to feel like we achieved something.

How do you get TMO, and to a lesser extent, FE, to agree to something that could mean the loss of their advantageous position? This becomes a troublesome circle: people interpret fixing P99 raiding to mean more accessibility, but the top raid guilds would never agree to that because it's unfair.

The way I see it, the problems are wholly relegated to poopsocking, FTE sniping, batphoning, and just generally shitty status quo behavior. A replacement mechanic would ideally preserve the inherent competition, but eliminate shitty, unfun methods like poopsocking.

I propose we go from:

A Game of Phones :(

to

A Game of Thrones

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6213/cakec.gif (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/547/cakec.gif/)

-

-The guilds will battle one another over the outdoor raid dragons.

-Every Saturday, each guild (or alliance of guilds), brings up a list of every contested raid dragon (Gore, Sev, Talendor, Faydedar, bla blah)

-They then determine how many and which members to assign to each target.

-The opposing forces meet at a pre-specified time, at a pre-specified battlefield location. (For example, the battle for Severilous may take place at the stairs in Emerald Jungle.)

-Combatants turn in discord tomes beforehand, and talk to order priest afterward (this works right?)

-The winner of the battle gets to kill the next pop of corresponding raid mob uncontested.

-If a guild breaks the agreement and kills a mob anyway, they get laughed at in RNF and a permanent shitstain on their reputation for their shameful display

The guilds may decide to spread their numbers evenly, or to concentrate on only one dragon. Even an outnumbered force could conceivably win through superior organization, gear, and/or skill.

You could even limit this to just one target at first, like Gorenaire. Have a massive war in Crushbone Castle. One team picks a "king" and defends the castle, while the other team needs to kill the king within x amount of time- defenders and attackers chosen by a /random. Or just have at eachother in a big open field in West Commonlands until only one side is standing.

Hell, even if you are too boring to do this for raid targets, do it for fun.

I have a dream that one day this server will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "You're in our world now."

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Emerald Jungle the sons of TMO and the sons of FE will be able to sit down together at the table of bloodshed.

I have a dream that one day even the dragon Talendor, a dragon sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into a loot pinata of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four favorite guilds will one day live on a server where they will not be judged by the state of their employment but by the weight of their ballsacks.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in trak's lair, with its vicious poopsocks, with its young laywers having their lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Sebilis, little TMO boys and Divinity girls will be able to join hands with little FE boys and IB girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every raid target shall be exalted, every poop hill and sock mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight, and the glory of the Rogean shall be revealed, and all neckbeards shall see it together.

or

-

OR

-

No

Can just keep doin wut ur doin maybe wait for staff's raid changes n sock a lil

quido
03-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Just get a bunch of 60s and park them and play on red between pops, bitchez

Mortiiss
03-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Pipe dream, bro.

Dualform
03-09-2013, 08:17 PM
The only way this would work is with GM involvement (which would be alot of work for them.) or implementing some non-classic mechanic into raid targets.

Either way, this would be far better then bitching and moaning and relying on GM's to sort out fraps / FTE / distributing loot.

seriously, if we can't expect the best players on the server to fix things themselves what are we left with?

maverixdamighty
03-09-2013, 08:30 PM
I propose a different solution:

How about, I'm I just guess, not sure on the mechanics involved with blocking IP's and if player could easily circumvent my idea using proxies and such but....

just hear me out...

We can all agree that too much of anything isn't healthy right?
and we can agree that poopsocking/ cockblocking is ruining the game for a large portion of the server right?

And we can agree that we want people to stay here and play here right, because face it, each guild could go start their own server if they totally wanted to be alone right, the whole point is to be part of a community and to show off your accomplishment and to have fun with others etc... ect, right?

and these guild will never agree to any sort of rotation right???

So, I propose that a time limit system be put into place where each account, or better yet each IP address regardless of account be limited to 12 hours every 24, and 40 hours a week maximum.

Think about that for a minute.

40 hours a week, that's still a "full time" job right?
No one in their right mind should spend more than 40 hours a week logged in to EQ.
That would be a horrifyingly tragic and sickening existence right?

We can all agree on that.
So lets help these sick people out and cut them off for their own good and ours.

That way they will be forced to actually play and not just stay logged on at raid locations cock blocking for months on end. They will have to plan and pick and choose priorities and hence content will open up for the rest of us.

:-)

i don't think poopsocking is going to be much of an issue with recent patches.

Mortiiss
03-09-2013, 08:55 PM
I propose a different solution:

How about, I'm I just guess, not sure on the mechanics involved with blocking IP's and if player could easily circumvent my idea using proxies and such but....

just hear me out...

We can all agree that too much of anything isn't healthy right?
and we can agree that poopsocking/ cockblocking is ruining the game for a large portion of the server right?

And we can agree that we want people to stay here and play here right, because face it, each guild could go start their own server if they totally wanted to be alone right, the whole point is to be part of a community and to show off your accomplishment and to have fun with others etc... ect, right?

and these guild will never agree to any sort of rotation right???

So, I propose that a time limit system be put into place where each account, or better yet each IP address regardless of account be limited to 12 hours every 24, and 40 hours a week maximum.

Think about that for a minute.

40 hours a week, that's still a "full time" job right?
No one in their right mind should spend more than 40 hours a week logged in to EQ.
That would be a horrifyingly tragic and sickening existence right?

We can all agree on that.
So lets help these sick people out and cut them off for their own good and ours.

That way they will be forced to actually play and not just stay logged on at raid locations cock blocking for months on end. They will have to plan and pick and choose priorities and hence content will open up for the rest of us.

:-)

Horrible idea.

OMGWTF420
03-09-2013, 09:11 PM
will never happen, TMO will never agree to anything that might compromise the flow of pixels be it a rotation, pvp or anything else.

Mortiiss
03-09-2013, 09:16 PM
will never happen, TMO will never agree to anything that might compromise the flow of pixels be it a rotation, pvp or anything else.

The war rages on.

Lune
03-09-2013, 09:45 PM

I dunno, I'd think by now their gear is so dramatically better than the competition they'd at least be open minded to saving themselves the hassle of mobilizing for a dragon when they could just bend over some non VP-geared opponents and fuck them.

Tanthallas
03-09-2013, 09:53 PM
I dunno, I'd think by now their gear is so dramatically better than the competition they'd at least be open minded to saving themselves the hassle of mobilizing for a dragon when they could just bend over some non VP-geared opponents and fuck them.

They wipe to Trakanon alot still; they are still learning how to play.

Don't be so hard on them.

Tasslehofp99
03-09-2013, 11:02 PM
Way to steal my idea OP.

Freakish
03-10-2013, 06:58 AM
Why the fuck would I PvP on a server I don't want to PvP on?