PDA

View Full Version : What the HELL is with all the trains?

Socha_62
03-06-2013, 09:30 PM
Trains in BB and CB are completely out of control. It was never this bad back in the day. I've been in both zones the last few days and there is a train about every minute.

People run down, get 5 things aggro'd then go train, zone back in and do the same thing over and over and over. I'm only lvl 7 on my first character and I'm about to completely call it quits after dealing with this non stop. There are realistically only a few decent newbie zones to go to anyway.

I guess what really bugs me is that I'm playing a Necro and I loose a pet every few minutes due to zoning. I know its only 2 bone chips but its a pain in the ass to have to constantly go farm bone chips because Dipshit McGee trains all day long.

I called somebody out on this and they're excuse was that they thought it was 100% okay to do because its a newbie zone. Its 100% okay to potentially kill 10 people just to save your own life.

/end rant

Thoughts on this?

Rhambuk
03-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Sounds classic to me! wtb more trains in kc tbh...

Mortiiss
03-06-2013, 09:48 PM
Classic.

SyanideGas
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
You aren't my real dad!

Barkingturtle
03-06-2013, 09:50 PM
I have a couple stacks of bone chips you can have. I hoard them but then I'm too embarrassed to sell them.

SamwiseRed
03-06-2013, 09:58 PM
bout time this server gets classic.

also mage pet pathing is FUCKED in cb. use pet at your own risk

Hailto
03-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Trains in BB and CB are completely out of control. It was never this bad back in the day. I've been in both zones the last few days and there is a train about every minute.

People run down, get 5 things aggro'd then go train, zone back in and do the same thing over and over and over. I'm only lvl 7 on my first character and I'm about to completely call it quits after dealing with this non stop. There are realistically only a few decent newbie zones to go to anyway.

I guess what really bugs me is that I'm playing a Necro and I loose a pet every few minutes due to zoning. I know its only 2 bone chips but its a pain in the ass to have to constantly go farm bone chips because Dipshit McGee trains all day long.

I called somebody out on this and they're excuse was that they thought it was 100% okay to do because its a newbie zone. Its 100% okay to potentially kill 10 people just to save your own life.

/end rant

Thoughts on this?

Welcome to EverQuest

Daldolma
03-06-2013, 10:10 PM
trains in cb news at 11

Dualform
03-06-2013, 11:02 PM
I never had any issues with like 3-4 of my characters, sure a train every once and awhile but if you get out of the way and never engage - you don't have to zone.

More importantly though, would you seriously throw away your opportunity to re-live the best mmorpg ever made because of a few trains in CB !!?!??!

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

http://static.quickmeme.com/media/social/qm.gif

Tecmos Deception
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM
Trains are a part of EQ. You need to understand that they happen, and you need to be willing to deal with trains. You especially need to be willing to deal with trains if you are fighting in a place like the entrance to crushbone, or mistmoore, or karnors, etc.

That said, it definitely is frustrating that a lot of players interpret this "trains are a part of the game" thing to mean "it's ok to play dumb and have to train a bunch of people at the zoneline regularly; the fact that i'm going to die if i don't train the zone makes it ok that i'm going to wipe a whole group just so i can survive!"

Destan
03-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Trains are a part of EQ. You need to understand that they happen, and you need to be willing to deal with trains. You especially need to be willing to deal with trains if you are fighting in a place like the entrance to crushbone, or mistmoore, or karnors, etc.

That said, it definitely is frustrating that a lot of players interpret this "trains are a part of the game" thing to mean "it's ok to play dumb and have to train a bunch of people at the zoneline regularly; the fact that i'm going to die if i don't train the zone makes it ok that i'm going to wipe a whole group just so i can survive!"

Pretty much this. Trains are just the way it is sometimes...but I have noticed an unusual amount selfishness where this is concerned. Not-so-coincidently, it's often with people powerleveling in small, populated dungeons (Crushbone, Unrest, Kurn's Tower). Mr. Bigshot PLer gathers up 95% of the zone, brings it to his hapless and careless little buddy, and then realizes either: A) He's pulled too much and panics or B) His buddy dies and he needs to drop aggro to try again. Either way, the douche hits the zoneline and trains everyone on the way.

I've spent the past few days in Kurn's and I've seen this nonsense everytime I've logged on.

Dualform
03-07-2013, 01:14 AM
http://t.qkme.me/357tln.jpg

http://i.qkme.me/3ojtze.jpg

forgive me but, these already created memes were just dying to find a home together ^o^

Mortiiss
03-07-2013, 01:16 AM
http://t.qkme.me/357tln.jpg

http://i.qkme.me/3ojtze.jpg

forgive me but, these already created memes were just dying to find a home together ^o^

I lol'd.

nilzark
03-07-2013, 02:55 AM
Dungeon = Trains = Death = Classic = Be Careful

myriverse
03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Trains were the most common feature of BB and CB that I always remember. I can remember days in BB where I spent more time "Loading please wait..." than XPing due to trains.

That's classic.

Socha_62
03-07-2013, 01:09 PM
You all are correct, but god dammit, why are so many people dumb!!!

Trains have and always will happen, maybe its not that they're happening more often, maybe its just the fact that not nearly as many people warn you as they use to. A majority of the time there is no warning, just some dude running with 15 things chasing him.

Can't wait for 20, I feel like MOST of the dip shits are weeded out by this point.