PDA

View Full Version : Some useful NODROP items for lowbies?

FeelunGuud
03-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Hi guys, I read the Bogmonster's guide for frustrated warriors and at the end he mentions a few places to get some decent NODROP armor/weapons like Karnor's Castle and Trakannon's teeth. I was wondering if anyone has found any other places to get some nice stuff for lowbies. I have a 5 war and a 13 ranger is my main so any ideas for those two would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I am very poor lol

Nocte
03-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Kithicor Forest has a nice mace for WIS casters, but it's hard to find people that are regularly there that aren't camping it for one of their alts.

Atennu
03-06-2013, 03:05 PM
I'd recommend killing bears for HQ pelts. They're selling for about 20p per high quality, they add up. Warrior weapons are very cheap, you can get a 14/28 for 800p (Silken Whip of Ensnaring)

Hugmukk
03-06-2013, 03:36 PM
I would get duel SSoY's, when your able of course. They won't proc till level 37 but it's one of the best procs for aggro. As far as no drop items... Not real sure, you could maybe find some nice folks doing rogue epic and get a trochelins sheen? (sp) I butchered the spelling of that.

The problem with no drops your going to have to be there to get the loot, and that can be difficult when your trying to level. Gotta go where the groups are as a warrior.

The fact is there's no real easy ride as a newbie to the server, you could buy plat (yes I know this NEVER happens) or get lucky and have some high level dump some gear or plat on you. But as far as items are concerned there are really no game changers, fungi would be in that category.

Whatever you have is sufficient, however the way you play your character will have much more of an effect than most people realize. People don't want a warrior in there group who doesn't jump on mobs right away, or enchanters who won't mez adds right away. Most people recognize these things and if your good will generally welcome you back for more grouping.

Items will come as you level, warriors are really never good at snap aggro. We're at the mercy of 'taunt' and the weapons we wield and the rate at which they proc. good luck sir.

Vadd
03-07-2013, 06:42 PM
It may be "obsolete" now....

But if I'm not mistaken, Painbringer 7/23 or so, procs at level 1.

And yes, the proc is an AoE, but fuck it.

I remember it being the "cc" weapon for my warrior during his 40's before Kunark. The proc radius is small enough to avoid mez'd mobs, and essentially draws group agro so that root parks can occur if you don't have cc.

Just a suggestion.

Duckforceone
03-07-2013, 06:46 PM
wiki says painbringer procs at lvl 35

http://wiki.project1999.org/Painbringer

Ennewi
03-07-2013, 08:04 PM
If you have any mid-high level friends you might see if they could kill the ghoul messenger for your ranger. He's an upper 20s mob that wanders around in WK and drops the turn-in needed for Short Sword of Morin (http://wiki.project1999.org/Short_Sword_of_Morin) which in its day was very decent. Granted it's not the best 1hs in the world but it is NO DROP and an easy quest. Plus it's not everyday you see someone wielding it.

Lorraine
03-07-2013, 09:09 PM
a 13 ranger is my main

See if you can find Maid+Butler fangs from Mistmoore for sale in EC.
Take your ranger at LFay and kill the bandid sisters (close to Mistmoore zoneline) - zone inside Mistmoore or do /who all Mistmoore, and find out if there is a Graveyard group. Politely ask them if Avenging Caitif spawns, if they will allow you to turn in quest items to him (reminder: ask politely because turning in the quest items will despawn the named mob which happens to drop sellable loot). If they agree, and he spawns, grab invis, go inside, run up to him (he's non agro, and you don't requite faction for this turn in), turn in both fangs, recieve 7/21 magical non lore 1hander (which your ranger WILL need for his lvl50 quest spell).

PS: If you have trouble finding fangs, send me a tell, I probably have one or both sitting on an alt.

FeelunGuud
03-08-2013, 01:37 PM
Should I go with one of these swords like Morin's or the 7/21 and a shield or should I go the 2 hander route with the silver swiftblade?

Vadd
03-14-2013, 10:24 PM
You can get spined dragon claws (10/21) and a silken whip (14/28) for like 500pp and 750pp.

Just so you know!

raff01
03-15-2013, 04:44 AM
In classic Era, people just seem to have completely forgotten about what was a very powerful weapon before Kunark : The gnoll slayer. 1st part of the quest which was from killing the named gnoll in BlackBurrow gave you a 6/28 weapon +5 gnoll bane dmg.
the final version involved killing 2 named mobs in Splitpaw and got you the final version which was a 1HS sword 15/40 with +10 gnoll bane dmg. Sure the delay is 40 but it was nice to have a 1HS with 15 dmg on it that could be used by every melee class and was a nice weapon for SK's since pallies would get the Ghoulbane.

Danth
03-15-2013, 07:40 AM
People don't count it because the second part didn't exist until the Luclin era when the quest was revamped. During the classic era Gnoll Slayer is simply a 6/28 sword with no stats, no bane damage (which if you recollect is a luclin-era stat), not even magic flagged. I want to say the quest didn't even work during the Velious time frame--I've no memory of seeing Lord Elgnub ever even spawn in that period--but haven't been able to prove that.

The only weapon I know of during the Velious era that had bane damage was the Greenmist. That thing was only added very late in the expansion in anticipation for Luclin.

Danth

raff01
03-15-2013, 11:24 AM
hmm, didn't know that, now that I remember I did do it for fun during the Luclin era...