PDA

View Full Version : Cowboy Beebop is massively overrated

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Studio Ghibli is a pile of Disney selling out shit as well.

/flame on.

Ele
03-05-2013, 01:29 AM
Obvious roll bread

Loly Taa
03-05-2013, 01:38 AM
roasting in epic roll

Aviann
03-05-2013, 01:39 AM
Hey, fuck you.

Autotune
03-05-2013, 01:40 AM
This proves it, RNF needs to be destroyed.

OforOppression
03-05-2013, 01:42 AM
This proves it, RNF needs to be destroyed.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Sad kids that can't handle the truth.

OforOppression
03-05-2013, 01:53 AM
3edgy5me

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Moral of the story, fags can't defend their shitass show they covet so much.

Tippett
03-05-2013, 02:13 AM
i dont know anything about anime because im not a faggot

purist 5.2
03-05-2013, 02:16 AM
op is one of the unfunniest, try-hardest trolls in a long while

Aviann
03-05-2013, 02:22 AM
http://www.phantomcastle.it/phantom/varie_file/bebop_file/cowboy_bebop_4.jpg

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 02:35 AM
i dont know anything about anime because im not a faggot
Your avi says otherwise.
Not trolling. CB is totes overrated and overplayed, it's legacy has amounted to nothing. If you ask anyone who claims it's so great what else they've watched from the genre they can't answer you because they watched one thing and think they're an expert, the same is true with the Ghibli fags who think a bunch of haphazard symbolism with uglyass antagonists is gold because Disney decided to drool it's name on it.

Telron
03-05-2013, 03:56 AM
Haters gotta hate. Jazz + Anime + Cowboys in space. Fuck your mother if you think this shit isn't amazing!

: )

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 04:01 AM
watched one thing and think they're an expert.
Haters gotta hate. Jazz + Anime + Cowboys in space. Fuck your mother if you think this shit isn't amazing!

Point proven

Telron
03-05-2013, 04:13 AM
How so its a rad anime. But whatevs ill enjoy my CB and you can cry about how bad it is. One of us will be wasting a lot of time.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 04:22 AM
How so its a rad anime. But whatevs ill enjoy my CB and you can cry about how bad it is. One of us will be wasting a lot of time.

It's an alright show, it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread that the fanboys make it out to be.

As far as wasting time goes, if what you say is true then you are sitting there watching re-runs of an overplayed show while in the past 14 years since that show's come out there have been 1500+ more series, more than half of which are about as well designed as your precious show, and over 100 which were in fact much more entertaining.

This thread is further evidence that "CB is the shit go away" is the only mentality you see from the fans. You kids are worse than the narutard/FMA/Bleach/Hetalia crowd.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 05:12 AM
What Cowboy Bebop's legacy has amounted to.
watched one thing and think they're an expert.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 05:46 AM
http://cosbybebop.ytmnd.com/

Lorraine
03-05-2013, 06:06 AM
As far as wasting time goes, if what you say is true then you are sitting there watching re-runs of an overplayed show while in the past 14 years since that show's come out there have been 1500+ more series, more than half of which are about as well designed as your precious show, and over 100 which were in fact much more entertaining.

This thread is further evidence that "CB is the shit go away" is the only mentality you see from the fans. You kids are worse than the narutard/FMA/Bleach/Hetalia crowd.

Stop being a douche, the biggest reason a lot like CB isn't the design/plot/entertainment factors (well of course they add to it), but it's simple nostalgia. Some of us grew up watching CB, Kenshin, Eva-01, Ninja Scroll (movie, not series), Ghost in a Shell - even Robotech. Stuff attached to peoples childhood-teenage memories tend to be viewed with some form of bias.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 06:30 AM
I felt Kenshin was pretty underwhelming too, Samurai X was better but still not amazing, but they were for niche fanbases that I simply happened to not be part of.

There are a lot of shows that I had used to adore that I "Grew up on" that I can't stand now, so I don't like to see that argument. Part of what makes great shows great is their ability to stand the test of time. It did absolutely nothing to effect the industry or the genre other than be a one-hit stand out for people who didn't even really like Japanese animation to begin with. If you don't believe me, look at the flop that was Samurai Champloo.

Again, I don't think that Cowboy Bebop was a bad show, I however feel that it is still extremely overrated. Let's face it, with it's episodic/filler nature you really only need to watch the first two episodes, the Ein episode (maybe?), the Fay episode (Note you don't need to even know who Edward is as the central plot is fine without her) and finally the last mini arc. There's no actual 'ride' to enjoy.

Rhambuk
03-05-2013, 11:13 AM
I tend to agree, though bebop is one of the few animated series I like, FMA Brotherhood, Trigun is flatout amazing if you have any interest in anime at all, the story from episode to episode is very lacking in bebop.

Gihbli, nausicca, spirited away, prinicess mononoke are amazing I don't know how you cant like them the story and artwork along with the music is just enchanting.

Flame on for using the word enchanting ;)

picodefaggo
03-05-2013, 12:24 PM

radditsu
03-05-2013, 12:30 PM
CB was one of the first well put together anime's that i have ever seen. Compare that to any of the Dragonball clones and stuff that was coming up at the time. It actually had mood, the storyline was messy due to the characters being messy, as in human messy not in characterization. Everything at the time seemed to be fighting robots and super powered bs. Since then they have repeatedly tried to take the CB formula and produce it for other anime, it just doesn't work. My sister tried to convince me that bacanno! was its successor. It just isnt.

The only thing that held any interest to me lately has been Gurren Lagann and the first run of Eden of the East. Gurren Lagann due to the abject SUPER META-ness. It is a complete deconstruction of the genre, and its excellent for it. Eden of the East actually does set a fantastic tone and mood, but even at the end of the first series it strained the concept a little too much. CB was the first anime I have seen to be consistent through its entire run. They hunt bounties, they have minor victories, they lose the money, they go on to the next adventure. Good anime.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 12:31 PM
I tend to agree, though bebop is one of the few animated series I like, FMA Brotherhood, Trigun is flatout amazing if you have any interest in anime at all, the story from episode to episode is very lacking in bebop.
Have you seen the Trigun movie they released only a couple of years ago, Rumble in the Badlands? Shit was pretty sick, managed to tie in with the story surprisingly well too.

I heard Brotherhood was much better than the first FMA show (terrible), though I never bothered to watch it because thanks to the first show I absolutely detest the characters.
, nausicca, spirited away, prinicess mononoke are amazing I don't know how you cant like them the story and artwork along with the music is just enchanting.

Flame on for using the word enchanting ;)
Most of my distaste for Ghibli isn't Miyazaki's fault per-say. It's more of a combination of my automatic aversion to anything Disney (Which has softened since watching Wreckit Ralph, loved that movie) and the fact that his movies are mostly genres that are incompatible with my tastes. I will admit that I did enjoy The Borrowers though.

Rhambuk
03-05-2013, 12:43 PM
I did see rumble in the badlands and it was great.

Brotherhood is MILES above the original fma, the story goes way deeper and explains so much more.

it follow fma up until about episode 12-14 then takes a turn and its nothing like the next 30 episodes of fma, and ther are like 60 episodes to brotherhood. Its definitely worth the watch.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 12:49 PM
I know all of that, I've been told that by others as well. My queue is too big right now to fit another hundredish episode series into it though.

Rhambuk
03-05-2013, 01:23 PM
lol could be worse, inuyasha is what like 450 or something stupid along with 7 movies or some nonsense

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 01:26 PM
lol could be worse, inuyasha is what like 450 or something stupid along with 7 movies or some nonsense

That was only the first 26 (out of 52) volumes of the manga. It got pretty bad. On a positive note they did the last 26 volumes in 24 episodes (Inuyasha the final act) which amazingly enough had a better/clearer ending than the manga.

Waedawen
03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I don't even really like Miyazaki films.

Howl's Moving Castle and that's about it. Spirited Away was creepy.

Telron
03-05-2013, 02:15 PM
It's an alright show, it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread that the fanboys make it out to be.

Well I never said it was the best lol I just said it was rad and pointed out some features that I like about it. As for watching re runs being a waste of time, by that logic I should also not watch Lotr a million times over. I love the show. Of course I'm going re watch it lol. If only for the fact that it reminds me of bein a kid.

Waedawen
03-05-2013, 02:16 PM
oh and if you dislike any of Trigun, Bebop, One Piece, or Hellsing you might be retarded.

Rhambuk
03-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Howl's moving castle was hands down my favorite, then princess mononoke and nausicaa. spirited away was creepy but I like the character growth. island in the sky i only saw once and i was quite young, havent seen any of his others but they look a bit childish, kikis delivery service my neighbor totoro.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
I don't even really like Miyazaki films.
Howl's Moving Castle and that's about it. Spirited Away was creepy.
Howl's moving castle was hands down my favorite, then princess mononoke and nausicaa. spirited away was creepy but I like the character growth. island in the sky i only saw once and i was quite young, havent seen any of his others but they look a bit childish, kikis delivery service my neighbor totoro.
I'm not the only one who thinks this?!? :eek:
oh and if you dislike any of Trigun, Bebop, One Piece, or Hellsing you might be retarded.
L O to the fucking L
(IMHO)

Waedawen
03-05-2013, 02:31 PM

Totoro is actually pretty freaking intense, but, yeah, Kiki is definitely more of a entertaining story.

To address it, Bebop is one of the best anime because of its perfect blending of music characters and action. Music being the defining attribute of the entire series. Every episode is fully choreographed, fight scenes, flying scenes, etc. Jet, Spike, Faye, Edward and Ein are all equally important and to say that the series could have advanced fine enough along without Edward is to completely miss the point of her character. She's the foil to the hardened bounty hunter that Spike and the gang fancy themselves as, but certainly most obvious Spike isn't so much of a bad ass as he is a man on a mission.

If you think Cowboy Bebop is simply "bad" and you try to call it's characterization and plot course "shallow" or non-linear or not very "Story-like" you either need to re-watch the show or everything is just wooshing over your head.

Waedawen
03-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Ah, OK.

Kaga you have horrible taste. That's about it.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 02:45 PM
One Piece is the same tier as the rest of the mainstream bullshit animes out there right along with Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tale.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 02:46 PM
One Piece is the same tier as the rest of the mainstream bullshit animes out there right along with Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tale and Hetalia.

Waedawen
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
One Piece is the same tier as the rest of the mainstream bullshit animes out there right along with Bleach, Naruto, and Fairy Tale.

Dude, not even a little bit true. I agree with you that those you give examples are shit, "for babbies", if you will, and then I will then insist that One Piece is the single greatest anime ever created

It's one thing if you're not into it, or don't like it. To say it's not good or bad is to fucking foolish.

Waedawen
03-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Dude, not even a little bit true. I agree with you that those you give examples are shit, "for babbies", if you will, and then I will then insist that One Piece is the single greatest anime ever created

It's one thing if you're not into it, or don't like it. To say it's not good or bad is to be fucking foolish.

Waedawen
03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
dammit fail lawl

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 02:50 PM
That's what I get for forgetting there's no edit button and clicking the button that would have been edit on every other forum ever.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Anime Expo 2012: 160,000 attendees, largest dealers' hall for anime outside of Comiket Japan.
0 one-piece merchandise related booths, 0 one-piece cosplays.

Before you try to say something along the lines that convention peoples' mentalities are different, oh I wish, having counted at least 5000 naruto headbands and every 10th cosplayer being some bleach or Hetalia character :(

There are worse shows, I'll give you that Cowboy Bebop is good yet still extremely overrated. One Piece isn't even 'good' though. Sorry.

Lorraine
03-05-2013, 03:15 PM
It's all about preferences, if you don't like the Genre/Theme of the anime, there's nothing anyone can do to pursuade you to watch it imo. Still, CB ranks in the Top 10 of animes of all time , rating wise.

For example, I personally can't stand One Piece art/animation and visuals. It makes me want to puke. So, I haven't watched a single episode out of the series. Yet I won't go and trash it just because of a personal preference.

Yet again, I'm a die-hard Gintama fan, so there you go :cool:

nichomachean
03-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Akira.

OngorDrakan
03-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I'm so kawaii I named my dog after a CB character.

But CB is amazing. 'nuff said

myriverse
03-05-2013, 05:52 PM
It's animation from Japan. Of course it's overrated.

Kagatob
03-06-2013, 01:14 AM
For example, I personally can't stand One Piece art/animation and visuals. It makes me want to puke. So, I haven't watched a single episode out of the series. Yet I won't go and trash it just because of a personal preference.
I've actually watched the first 30 or so episodes because I had a couple of friends who at the time, quite enjoyed the show so I thought I'd pick it up. I still couldn't stand it for one reason or another aside from the weird animation style.

Yet again, I'm a die-hard Gintama fan, so there you go :cool:
I have a buddy who loves that show simply because of how "outlandishly terrible" it is, his words not mine as I've yet to see it.

rsloans84
03-06-2013, 11:14 AM
Art style of one piece doesnt interest me at all!! Ill stick with naruto, swordart online, fairytail etc etc... Im a huge anime fan cowboy behop was a classic anime which was good and now i dont really care what they do with it because theres pretty animes out there

rsloans84
03-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Pretty cool animes out there**

EchoedTruth
03-06-2013, 11:19 AM
I swear anime have the dumbest fucking names

47shadesofgay
03-06-2013, 11:58 AM
Only extremely nerdy white kids give half a fart about this japanese bullshit. Can't even understand what anyone is saying

Loli Pops
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
http://static.tumblr.com/jayev4j/kLRm6vryy/30.gif