PDA

View Full Version : Influx of plat thread deleted

Pringles
03-04-2013, 11:20 AM
Why was the influx of plat thread deleted? The conversation was legitimate about the state of the servers economy.

What was in there that warranted its removal? I can see a move to RnF but an all out deletion?

I think inflation is a legitimate problem that should be discussed, why sweep it under the rug?

Zadrian
03-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Sounds like American politics.

Mortiiss
03-04-2013, 11:33 AM

feanan
03-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Because it's not good for new people to know how fucked up this server is until they have put in enough time to get hooked and to not care anymore.

Autotune
03-04-2013, 11:53 AM
Probably because it showed that RMTing is more prevalent than ever.

Tiggles
03-04-2013, 12:02 PM

Itap
03-04-2013, 12:03 PM

OMGWTF420
03-04-2013, 12:39 PM
the server is fine, RMT never happens and cheaters always get caught!

49shadesofgay
03-04-2013, 12:40 PM
the server is fine, RMT never happens and cheaters always get caught!

100% this

Relapse2
03-04-2013, 12:51 PM
^ lol

Nirgon
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
There was a rash of red for blue trading.

Susano
03-04-2013, 01:11 PM
Platlord is a guide now.

Tiggles
03-04-2013, 01:13 PM
Platlord is a guide now.

Now?

as in this is a recent thing

surely you jest

Relapse2
03-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Sorry Suzzy with recent developments we need to update your sig

http://i47.tinypic.com/vhuelg.jpg

Nirgon
03-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Go buy some plat and see what happens, maybe not immediately, but go try it and see.

I have a strong feeling you will get sniffed out by the big dog (Sirken). From there... you await the Emperor's justice (read: you get fixed, pending update).

Nirgon
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM

Eccezan is Supreme!?!?!?!?!

:eek:

Tiggles
03-04-2013, 01:27 PM
Go buy some plat and see what happens, maybe not immediately, but go try it and see.

I have a strong feeling you will get sniffed out by the big dog (Sirken). From there... you await the Emperor's justice (read: you get fixed, pending update).

of course its the buyers who get banned but why do the sellers never seem to get caught?

Uthgaard in an afternoon queried the entire servers plat amounts then checked for stacks of gems (to hide plat amounts) and found who had all the dough.

I'm not a computer guy but he made it seem simple. If a group of players has 50K USD or what ever they brag about of plat on the course of 20+ characters it would be easy to find.

They don't play on this server and they use dumby accounts with proxies but if you delete enough of there plat they will wither.

The reason is why is this not being done?

We know previous GMS had gotten pay offs to keep it quiet unfortunately, but whats stopping it now?

OMGWTF420
03-04-2013, 01:29 PM
they have bigger fish to fry than some piddly RMT'ers, incoming sig genocide

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=872860#post872860

Tiggles
03-04-2013, 01:35 PM
they have bigger fish to fry than some piddly RMT'ers, incoming sig genocide

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=872860#post872860

Big Rogean back a week already overturning GM decisions on loot and banning signatures.

Spring can't come soon enough.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLYF1aSIIXk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FLYF1aSIIXk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Nirgon
03-04-2013, 01:45 PM
of course its the buyers who get banned but why do the sellers never seem to get caught?

Uthgaard in an afternoon queried the entire servers plat amounts then checked for stacks of gems (to hide plat amounts) and found who had all the dough.

I'm not a computer guy but he made it seem simple. If a group of players has 50K USD or what ever they brag about of plat on the course of 20+ characters it would be easy to find.

Uthgaard isn't a computer guy either. But he's zealous like me... driven even to restore the great name of classic EverQuest.

Most of you believe he was crazy and hell bent on destroying everything here (links to quotes that will persuade noobs to history inc). He became hell bent on destroying what this had already become and was becoming. I think he could have kept quiet and continued playing the "corporate politics" and fighting for the good of the server but he went completely overboard... I suspect pride and a sense of right and wrong was the catalyst.

The good guys aren't all gone though. You got Sirken, Nilbog and a some good player status freedom fighters.

Then I will identify for you the Axis of Evil: Nizzarr, Arzak (:D, yeah you) and Plat Lord who must be destroyed. Minor henchmen include those who will do everything to keep pixels easy mode or defend world-immersion destroying UIs or custom ones.

I'll also identify a fallen freedom fighter, Kalzin for you who was banned for honestly admitting to offering IT services for in game rewards. Next I'll point out useless fat head Supreme who runs the Transcendence website (service), is below guild level requirement, never pvps when it matters etc etc... and was found in mithril arms/legs when mains didn't have them at lvl 35 early into classic.

You be the judge. More fact finding than tin foil hatting.

Tiggles
03-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Uthgaard isn't a computer guy either. But he's zealous like me... driven even to restore the great name of classic EverQuest.

Most of you believe he was crazy and hell bent on destroying everything here (links to quotes that will persuade noobs to history inc). He became hell bent on destroying what this had already become and was becoming. I think he could have kept quiet and continued playing the "corporate politics" and fighting for the good of the server but he went completely overboard... I suspect pride and a sense of right and wrong was the catalyst.

The good guys aren't all gone though. You got Sirken, Nilbog and a some good player status freedom fighters.

Then I will identify for you the Axis of Evil: Nizzarr, Arzak (:D, yeah you) and Plat Lord who must be destroyed. Minor henchmen include those who will do everything to keep pixels easy mode or defend world-immersion destroying UIs or custom ones.

I'll also identify a fallen freedom fighter, Kalzin for you who was banned for honestly admitting to offering IT services for in game rewards. Next I'll point out useless fat head Supreme who runs the Transcendence website (service), is below guild level requirement, never pvps when it matters etc etc... and was found in mithril arms/legs when mains didn't have them at lvl 35 early into classic.

You be the judge. More fact finding than tin foil hatting.

I always liked you Nigron.

Uthgaard has always been a little crazy I've told him that multiple times but that doesn't mean he was wrong.

The whole Xyz thing coupled with the RMT not being dealt with drove him mad and unfortunately he took it to far. (some say not far enough)

All in all he's away from emulated EQ drama and he is living a fantastic life last time I checked making big $$$.

Sirken is the best GM we have had since Uthgaard and I feel sad for him honestly because I know that eventually he will have to put up with the same bullshit he did. I just hope he can make the right decisions when the time comes.

Nilbog is of course the reason why we exist here bickering at each other on forums and playing 13 year old elf sims and I thank him for it.

47shadesofgay
03-04-2013, 02:04 PM
Uthgaard died for your sins.

Autotune
03-04-2013, 02:59 PM
Xzerion died for his sins

roks1
03-04-2013, 03:07 PM
Remember these? lmao.

http://www.abload.de/img/amelindatalesasskf.jpg

memories... I wish i collected them all.

Nirgon
03-04-2013, 03:08 PM
I see you've met the Coach.

Nune
03-04-2013, 03:09 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHA

Grahm
03-04-2013, 06:20 PM
influx of plat is from doors RMTing manastones and selling for plat. diggles post the proof.

OforOppression
03-04-2013, 06:35 PM
im not your fuckin monkey polk

Rhambuk
03-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Soooo Classic

Tippett
03-04-2013, 07:06 PM
no 1 care

pharmakos
03-04-2013, 07:17 PM
the links to an actual RMT site probably didn't help

Waedawen
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Xzerion was the best gm

erudite on halfling rape in global chat

Clark
03-04-2013, 09:35 PM
I always liked you Nigron.

Uthgaard has always been a little crazy I've told him that multiple times but that doesn't mean he was wrong.

The whole Xyz thing coupled with the RMT not being dealt with drove him mad and unfortunately he took it to far. (some say not far enough)

All in all he's away from emulated EQ drama and he is living a fantastic life last time I checked making big $$$.

Sirken is the best GM we have had since Uthgaard and I feel sad for him honestly because I know that eventually he will have to put up with the same bullshit he did. I just hope he can make the right decisions when the time comes.

Nilbog is of course the reason why we exist here bickering at each other on forums and playing 13 year old elf sims and I thank him for it.

+1

kenzar
03-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Xzerion was the best gm

He was a dev.

OMGWTF420
03-04-2013, 09:49 PM
i was a gm for a day, people petition for some retarded ass shit tbh

Tiggles
03-05-2013, 12:12 AM
He was a corrupt dev.

Doors
03-05-2013, 12:27 AM
http://oi45.tinypic.com/4l38d5.jpg

Real RMT business on this box is booming last I heard. Tiggles making solid points left and right.

Sirken
03-05-2013, 05:34 AM
The reason is why is this not being done?

Rogean, Ephi, and myself have pulled millions and millions and MILLIONS of plat and items from RMT sellers. i believe one month we collected a little over 4million in plat.

i even held an event where all the plat and item prizes were confiscated from RMT sellers.

just because we dont go celebrating through the streets bragging and making announcements does not mean nothing is being done.

we just dont feel the need to constantly pat ourselves on the back for doing what we are suppose to be doing

<3
Sirks

Godefroi
03-05-2013, 05:48 AM
just because we dont go celebrating through the streets bragging and making announcements does not mean nothing is being done.

we just dont feel the need to constantly pat ourselves on the back for doing what we are suppose to be doing

<3
Sirks

QFT.

let the haters hate.

Kagatob
03-05-2013, 05:52 AM

<3
Sirks

Why do people doubt that these basic principles are in place? Yes there have been a few bad seeds in the past, they were weeded out, time to move on.

Too many communities have development teams that spend more time apologizing for "lack of action" as they do actually developing.

This is what amounts to a hobby for the developers, they get done what they want to get done. How many times do they need to re-state that they answer to nobody but themselves here?

Nizzarr
03-05-2013, 01:32 PM
uthgaard summoned me a shield of the immaculate to test things and never took it back.

Uthgaard also told me all the spawn timers in advance using a dummy account, claiming he had access to GM accounts. All this was done to get back at Xzerion, who was also using such things to help his own guild. Uthgaard was doing all this to bring some kind of balance and to shit on Xzerion.

You dont want Uthgaard back.

getsome
03-05-2013, 11:50 PM
uthgaard summoned me a shield of the immaculate to test things and never took it back.

Uthgaard also told me all the spawn timers in advance using a dummy account, claiming he had access to GM accounts. All this was done to get back at Xzerion, who was also using such things to help his own guild. Uthgaard was doing all this to bring some kind of balance and to shit on Xzerion.

That shit makes me laugh. Uthtard had the biggest boner for XZ and Eashan.

IB never had spawn times and XZ never gave us spawn times. Xz was a hands off GL during raids and dealt with the day to day bull shits of running a guild behind the scenes. 99% of the corruption shit attributed to XZ is made up bull shit.

I think the closest knowledge about a spawn time IB had that I was aware of was Amelinda confirming that Fay had not popped when we had a tracking coverage gap and it was late in window.

As for uthtard, he was a paranoid mfer.

Karafa
03-06-2013, 12:02 AM
I spent a lot of time in DA/Fusion/TMO and constantly heard the assumptions that IB got inside help, and being on the other end it's sometimes believable. Then I join IB and you hear them saying the same thing in regards to TMO and there are moments where it looks like TMO gets favortism.

So much tin foil hattery.

Karafa
03-06-2013, 12:03 AM
I guess what I'm trying to say since I realize I didn't really conclude anything was that both guilds have and will always cry that the other one receives favortism or an edge of some sort.

Tiggles
03-06-2013, 12:09 AM

Proof

Tiggles
03-06-2013, 12:09 AM
Proof

???

kenzar
03-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Accurate. Xzerion and I talked a lot during his time as GL of IB, and I can tell you, he really had a heart for fair play on this box. It makes me sad that more people didn't know him on that level. He is a good guy.

[QUOTE=Tiggles;875644]???

Dunno about the shield/timers, but Uth did have it out for Xz. It was pretty ridiculous. I remember him creating an NPC in EC tunnel, that looked exactly like Xzerion, I cant remember its name off hand, but I remember it reeked of Uth's butthurt.

Also, LOL @ Uth's accusations that Getsome 2boxxed Xzerion at IB raids. Either Getsome did an awesome impression of Xz's voice/personality over vent, or Uth had gone off the deep end with his finger pointing.

bluejam
03-06-2013, 04:19 PM
All this was done to get back at Xzerion, who was also using such things to help his own guild.
False.

bluejam
03-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Dunno about the shield/timers, but Uth did have it out for Xz. It was pretty ridiculous. I remember him creating an NPC in EC tunnel, that looked exactly like Xzerion, I cant remember its name off hand, but I remember it reeked of Uth's butthurt.

Also, LOL @ Uth's accusations that Getsome 2boxxed Xzerion at IB raids. Either Getsome did an awesome impression of Xz's voice/personality over vent, or Uth had gone off the deep end with his finger pointing.
hey, everyone knows Getsome = Xzerion, duh.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=386041&postcount=25

ps: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47439

fuck me, summer 2011, best drama ever.

OMGWTF420
03-06-2013, 04:45 PM
i was a gm once

http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr206/jasonblanke/EQ000126.jpg

kenzar
03-06-2013, 05:14 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=47439

I appreciate the shit out of Nilbog, that dude is legit.

Nirgon
03-06-2013, 05:58 PM

I do.

You don't.

Oh and those darned expansion developers, HEH.

Nirgon
03-06-2013, 06:00 PM
The Nilbog approach is correct in almost every situation, except when the real dirt is going on. That's when you need to Uthgaard approach.

We never had proof on Amelinda, but it was obvious to all of us. Never had proof on Xzerion but it was obvious to most. You can convict someone without catching them covered in blood with the murder weapon.

pharmakos
03-06-2013, 07:38 PM
if the logs don't you fit then you must aquit

bouncerr 2.0
03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Mgora84
Would you be willing to trade for U.S. $$ via paypal? I am very interested with the character suited.

Please let me know if interested.

Best Regards,
Matt

lol

Quickfingers
03-06-2013, 07:52 PM
lol

http://www.project1999.org/forums/member.php?u=1018

getsome
03-07-2013, 12:52 AM
We never had proof on Amelinda, but it was obvious to all of us. Never had proof on Xzerion but it was obvious to most. You can convict someone without catching them covered in blood with the murder weapon.

The PayPal logs to CW aka Amelinda were posted. The parties who orchestrated the pay offs admitted as much.

All you clowns and uthtard nut suckers ever had on xz was circumstantial bull shit. I wasted enough god damn hours tracking and playing to know we earned our pixels with sweat, if xz fed us half the shit you accuse him of we would still be on p99 fucking you up.

Papadacus made the test vp server. Perun bragged about how it was identical to p99. All you space cadets drank uthtard kool aid.

IB rolled toons on MT to troll the fuck out of uthtard and the rest of the server.

But in the end I don't think rogean ever attended a Tmo BBQ at eashans. So we did have that. Hodor and eat corn the long way.

Nirgon
03-07-2013, 01:06 AM
I know paypal logs were posted, thx. I even posted them on FoH when I got fet up with the rule changing and lack of any disciplinary action whatsoever against people cheating/rmting their brains out.

Just saying all along on red I pointed a finger that one side was getting off the hook WAY too easy for OBVIOUS shit.

If you read through that, in the end it was true and they should have been removed once problems became extremely obvious.

getsome
03-07-2013, 01:20 AM
I know paypal logs were posted, thx. I even posted them on FoH

You could have said this to anyone else but me and they would not think anything of it. I know you did not post the original foh post. Fake white knight.

Mortiiss
03-07-2013, 01:24 AM
You could have said this to anyone else but me and they would not think anything of it. I know you did not post the original foh post. Fake white knight.

Oh my gawd. The plot thickens!

Nirgon
03-07-2013, 02:41 AM
Where am I claiming to originally posting it anywhere? I just said I posted it at FoH.

Again, the point... it shouldn't have to get to the point people are so sick of dealing with it that they post it on a popular 3rd party site to get things moved along or warn people about their bad experience.

Sometimes, evidence is finally posted well after the obvious... and still... nadda.

Uth's track record on calling shit vs the evidence he has to back up his claims looks good as far as I can see it. Again, the whole "must be caught covered in blood with murder weapon" conviction process is silly. I've had people out right tell me corrupt things they've done that still go on :P after reported.

getsome
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
Uth's track record on calling shit vs the evidence he has to back up his claims looks good as far as I can see it. Again, the whole "must be caught covered in blood with murder weapon" conviction process is silly. .

Do you recall any example of his track record? Two or three examples of this from blue would work. I think of uthtard as the kid who kept trying to hammer the square into the round hole.

Uthtard never needed a smoking gun. He would lie and said he saw the incident or fabricate the most far fetched bull shit. His paranoia got the better of him.

Quickfingers
03-07-2013, 12:24 PM
Where am I claiming to originally posting it anywhere? I just said I posted it at FoH.

Again, the point... it shouldn't have to get to the point people are so sick of dealing with it that they post it on a popular 3rd party site to get things moved along or warn people about their bad experience.

Sometimes, evidence is finally posted well after the obvious... and still... nadda.

Uth's track record on calling shit vs the evidence he has to back up his claims looks good as far as I can see it. Again, the whole "must be caught covered in blood with murder weapon" conviction process is silly. I've had people out right tell me corrupt things they've done that still go on :P after reported.

getsome
03-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Do you recall any example of his track record? Two or three examples of this from blue would work. .

How about just one?

knix
03-09-2013, 04:58 AM

dude you back in game?