PDA

View Full Version : A Friendly Public Service Reminder about Bards

Grimmly Fireforge
03-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Pro-tip: If Bards monopolizing the mobs in a zone causes you to fly off the handle like a raging baboon, perhaps don't go to South Karana or Overthere.

These zones are Bard territory. Shit's classic dogs. Get mad.

Bards gonna kite what they wanna.

http://i.imgur.com/wosb9sk.gif?1

P.S. - Nothing will stop me, but complaining about it in OOC/shout will only make me pull even more mobs and monopolize MORE of the zone.

P.P.S. - Sunglasses oversized to illustrate the 0 number of fucks given by your average Bard . We be gettin that phat XP doggs. Stay mad. :cool:

senna
03-02-2013, 06:06 PM
Pro-tip:

P.S. - Nothing will stop me :cool:

Once OT goes green most bards stop leveling in general

Ephirith
03-02-2013, 06:10 PM

Grimmly Fireforge
03-02-2013, 06:13 PM
OT goes green sometime in the high 40s/low 50s.

I was getting like 2-3 levels a kite in OT all the way through level 48. Slowed down to about 2-4 yellows a kite after that.

Could have continued in OT through low 50s but switch it up to BW after, profit.

Tiggles
03-02-2013, 06:14 PM

It's funny Because it's true

We have to deny most of our bard apps because they have no idea how to play there class.

webrunner5
03-02-2013, 06:17 PM
Who gives a shit about 20 Bards that make it past level 10. And 5 of them twist one song in a group.

Grimmly Fireforge
03-02-2013, 06:18 PM
P.S. - Nothing will stop me

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F9rf5S_Tag?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1F9rf5S_Tag?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Ephirith
03-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Also, to cite precedent:

There is a difference between swarm kiting and being a griefing annoyance to the zone.

If you are running around gathering the entire zone and stealing mobs from other people who are camping there if they have them mezzed etc whatever with your AE and training people and killing them and hogging the entire zone for a ridiculous amount of time then I personally will consider you to be griefing and you will win a suspension.

I have played bards. I "get" swarm kiting. but, I never trained anyone, and I never kited the entire damn zone.

Stop being selfish during peak hours in highly populated zones. Because when you are selfish I get a ton of petitions and have to show up to the zone.

When someone calls you out on it, don't be an ass.

Be reasonable and play nice please.

And by a similar token... people who petition at the drop of a hat without attempting to work things out with a /tell first? Seriously. L2B an adult :p

I interpret this as being subject to the discretion of the guide. With an attitude like OP has in his post, I can only imagine the impact that would have.

/tell OPBard hey man would you mind leaving a couple mobs for my 6 man group? (or my enchanter brother who is trying to learn to charm outside a dungeon)

OPBard tells you," LOL u mad? U mad jelly bro? Deal with it. B-| lol mom I did a meme"

SupaflyIRL
03-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Shut up you idiots this guy is going to drive all the idiot non bards into dungeons where they belong so my melee chars can mooch xp off their asses instead of sitting LFG.

Brut
03-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Include Oasis if possible, hate seeing two full groups fighting over a handful of crocs when Uguk has 0 players in it.

nichomachean
03-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Message approved.

Spoonerism
03-02-2013, 11:09 PM
This is one of those "No hope for the human race" posts.

Handull
03-03-2013, 01:04 AM
Who gives a shit about 20 Bards that make it past level 10. And 5 of them twist one song in a group.

you mean as a bard you aren't suppose to group with the casters and afk with manasong on? seems to work for me

ukaking
03-03-2013, 01:29 AM
As a bard you get groups? Wow that's different. Most people are too scared of the hybrid penalty.

Savok
03-03-2013, 02:05 AM
Bard catch 22.

If you PBAE a zone your a nuisance, if you ask for a group your an xp hog.

#virtualworldproblems

Freakish
03-03-2013, 02:14 AM
Bard catch 22

Lvl 1 - 20 afk with manasong
Lvl 20 - 50 AE's everything acting like a dick to the rest in zone
50+ people remember 1 - 50.

Did I do this right?
Because this is exactly what happened to me leveling up.

Freakish
03-03-2013, 02:16 AM
To double-quote myself I don't mean they remember the douchebaggery. They remember that bards don't know how to group.

Swish
03-03-2013, 02:19 AM
Being constantly AFK with clarity song on doesn't mean you're a valued group member. Get off Netflix.

Bards = failed wizard player's next choice.

Fawqueue
03-03-2013, 03:47 AM
It's a great thing that Druids also enjoy the big swarm kiting zones as much as bards. Next time you're having trouble finding things to hunt because that bard is monopolizing everything, just be a pal and help him with his swarm. Remember, that bard is very busy focusing on gathering as many mobs as possible and keeping them clustered, so you should randomly snare some of them about two minutes in to help him out. If there's one thing he needs, it's half of his swarm roaming around at different speeds!

Oh he'll probably seem frustrated, but that's because he is just really, really excited that you lent a hand and is expressing himself in an intense fashion.

Duckforceone
03-03-2013, 04:14 AM
Include Oasis if possible, hate seeing two full groups fighting over a handful of crocs when Uguk has 0 players in it.

1. Go to oasis
2. Start group
3. Explain how big the xp bonus is for Uguk
4. Profit.

Grimmly Fireforge
03-03-2013, 04:14 AM
Next time you're having trouble finding things to hunt

"Having trouble finding things to hunt" on a porting class ...lol.

Remember, that bard is very busy focusing on gathering as many mobs as possible and keeping them clustered, so you should randomly snare some of them about two minutes in to help him out. If there's one thing he needs, it's half of his swarm roaming around at different speeds! Oh he'll probably seem frustrated, but that's because he is just really, really excited that you lent a hand and is expressing himself in an intense fashion.

Amount of time it takes to charm whatever mob you snared to insta-dispell it:
3 seconds.

The joy I will get from knowing how mad you are then laughing at you while I make 2 levels off a single kite:
Priceless.

Clark
03-03-2013, 05:47 AM

:D

Fawqueue
03-03-2013, 06:56 AM
The joy I will get from knowing how mad you are then laughing at you while I make 2 levels off a single kite:
Priceless.

Don't start the celebration just yet..both my accounts were capped and shelved before you even joined the server. I only peek in now and then to see how things are going and check in with a few old friends. Your swarm kiting adventures, no matter how many levels you make in a single kite, won't be annoying me anytime soon.

Besides, I leveled an enchanter back when you could charm red cons, for full duration, without tash, and you could use the 'go away' button to break it and setup a flawless re-charm. If we're comparing what gives us joy, you can keep South Karana and Overthere. I got plenty of joy soloing whatever I felt like, in any zone I felt like.

Kagatob
03-03-2013, 07:23 AM
virginsbragingaboutE-exploits.thread

Savok
03-03-2013, 08:47 AM
13 year bard vet here. I would be happy to join your group sometime. I can twist 3 songs, can pull and can bring lots of other things to the group to make your exp fly by.

/puppy dog eyes.

Not all bards are afk douchebags.

Halfelfbard
03-03-2013, 09:31 AM
U would drool if u had me in ur group. Dont b diss'n bards in groups.

Silo69
03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
i main tanked as a bard 1-51 100% groups

got gear?

Shamen
03-03-2013, 11:39 AM
why dont you post your ingame name?

Wierd people these bards...

Daliant17447
03-03-2013, 12:13 PM
Another pro bard tip: You can use invis song, hide and sneak to move around like a rogue!

Very useful when navigating VP or getting to Trakanon's lair unassisted. (Use song of travel in VP for increased movement speed)

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NaTqWl_FyOU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NaTqWl_FyOU?hl=en_US&amp;version=3&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>