Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 03-22-2022, 01:44 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default A few quick questions

Hey guys I'm new to P1999 my goal of this game is to see every single zone I can, I think no other game in history has ever been able to capture the feeling of another world like EQ has done

my questions are
1.) I think I'm gonna pick BLUE server is this a good choice for my play style, I don't really wanna raid I just wanna explore the world and see everything I can and get to 60 eventually

2.) I'm picking ogre because it my favorite race in the whole game is it possible to get into Good and Neutral city's if I work for it?

3.) Is shaman a good exploring class? when i mean everything I mean everything all the dungeons, city's, islands, try and find secrets

thanks in advance
Old 03-22-2022, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

1) Not a question

2) Yes

3) Yes

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:51 PM
Aviak

Make an enchanter, they can turn into all races allowing you to explore and see the world without a ton of faction grinding.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkGuest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys I'm new to P1999 my goal of this game is to see every single zone I can, I think no other game in history has ever been able to capture the feeling of another world like EQ has done

my questions are
1.) I think I'm gonna pick BLUE server is this a good choice for my play style, I don't really wanna raid I just wanna explore the world and see everything I can and get to 60 eventually

2.) I'm picking ogre because it my favorite race in the whole game is it possible to get into Good and Neutral city's if I work for it?

3.) Is shaman a good exploring class? when i mean everything I mean everything all the dungeons, city's, islands, try and find secrets

thanks in advance

1. Sure
2. No, I have yet to figure out a way to get good with cleric guild in Rivervale. Will need invis more than likely in some spots.
3. Best exploring class has as many tools as possible for exploring (invis, invis vs undead, feign death, soloability, sow, bind, and gate). Shaman is pretty good but missing feign death means it's not the best at exploring. Mobs will occasionally see through invis and you can't feign death. You will need to be conning everything from a distance which is hard in some dungeons with doors and small rooms.
Old 03-22-2022, 01:25 PM
Planar Protector

Druid is good for what you seek. Healer and porter to start pugs for zones under the big blue sky.

Ports and good outdoor soloing, for zones under a big blue sky.
Old 03-22-2022, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. No, I have yet to figure out a way to get good with cleric guild in Rivervale. Will need invis more than likely in some spots.
Looks like https://wiki.project1999.com/Cleric_Supplies (possibly coupled with https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks to let you do the turn-in) should do it.

Probably annoyingly long/not worth the trouble ... but possible.

P.S. There's also https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Acolyte, but that seems even more annoying than killing some wolves and foraging some berries.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2022, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks like https://wiki.project1999.com/Cleric_Supplies (possibly coupled with https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction_Tricks to let you do the turn-in) should do it.

Probably annoyingly long/not worth the trouble ... but possible.

P.S. There's also https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Acolyte, but that seems even more annoying than killing some wolves and foraging some berries.
Yeah annoyingly long. But possible I suppose.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:25 PM
Aviak

I've never played blue. I dont pvp much unless needed but red is a lot of fun, and there's a good leveling guild called Prowl. There is raiding if you change your mind on that front. If you decide to roll red, plenty are willing to help with starter ge
Old 03-22-2022, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I’ve gotta say I recommend red. Your stuff won’t go anywhere and the server can only get more active. Camps that are fun to kill will be open instead of locked down
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-23-2022, 05:25 PM
Kobold

As far as Ogre Classes go, Shaman is by farrrr the best exploring class.