Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 09-02-2024, 08:53 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle
Default Another Agility Thread

Was chatting with a guildie about loot and they said Ikky legs better than Dagarn legs for monk due to the agility. I had just acquired dagarn legs and I honestly had never heard AGI having any significant impact on p99 for any class. does anyone know the direct impact of agility, and what would say capping 255 agi vs 100 agi actually do for a level 60 monk when tanking a mob? I feel good about the Wurm Legs and don't plan on changing but curious if I have undervalued AGI in general.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:41 AM
Fire Giant

agi doesnt have the same returns on mitigation as hard AC does. so if something has way more AC (20 more AC on dagarn legs than ikky legs) its the clear winner
Old 09-03-2024, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

honestly, it doesnt matter on a monk. monks should be focused on learning to pull and not gearing imo
Old 09-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agi doesnt have the same returns on mitigation as hard AC does. so if something has way more AC (20 more AC on dagarn legs than ikky legs) its the clear winner
That's what I've heard I just wish there was some data I could reference directly. I don't doubt the consensus. There would be more talk about gear with AGI if it had significant value. Just wish I knew what that value was.

And yeah overall its less about this specific instance and more overall, when does agi provide value, when does it beat out ac etc. Some are saying agi specifically effects monk dodge/ac differently from other classes, I don't disagree but imagine its still a negligible amount.
Old 09-03-2024, 01:07 PM
Sarnak

The only person I've ever seen actually trying to parse this was Kankersaur

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYz1PVFbpAw

We need more people with parsers giving this a test.

From my anecdotal experience after I got a https://wiki.project1999.com/Helmet_of_the_Crawler I noticed I got hit way less. Maybe it's all in my head tho lol. I can't tell if it's the AC or the + 20 agi or both.

When you buff AGI, your AC stat bumps up. So it does *something*. Just not clear on how much it helps or if its the same/better than raw AC.

So I DO think AGI helps but have no "hard data" to prove it.

Maybe others have similar experiences they can share
Old 09-03-2024, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

The only attempt I've seen to parse it was Meathookk's. His whole document is interesting; his agi summary is:

Quote:
Summary: AGI improves avoidance in PvP. It also factors into Avoidance AC. However, past an easily
attainable point, AGI has no discernable impact in PvE.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=389704

But he does find that pvp hit rate involves checking the attacker's dex vs the defender's agi. There's a part of me that thinks "it seems unlikely that the emulator would use different combat systems between pvp and pve; I should look carefully for an alternate explanation." For example, while his parse shows no difference between 180 and 230 agi against a cliff golem, maybe it is relevant against stronger or weaker npcs. That said, I haven't been chasing agi on any of my characters.
Old 09-03-2024, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by busted [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When you buff AGI, your AC stat bumps up. So it does *something*. Just not clear on how much it helps or if its the same/better than raw AC.
displayed AC is a weird kinda composite stat that sorta guestimates roughly your overall tankiness... it isn't a value actually used in any melee equations.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-03-2024, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

It’s not the worst stat, better than CHA, INT or WIS.
A little AC is better than nothing. Barely though.
Old 09-03-2024, 05:08 PM
Sarnak

One more thing to note, avatar proc gives you another 100 agi.
Old 09-03-2024, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One more thing to note, avatar proc gives you another 100 agi.
Maybe not the best marketing for primal weapons but a fact is a fact.