Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Sarnak

Default Same problem

I'm having the same problem.

Just zoned in to do my seb key, I cannot stay logged on for more than 1 minute before I eventually get the black 'YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED' screen.

Ping starts at about 300 (normal ping for me - Thailand) then jumps to about 3k within 10-30seconds, then skyrockets to about 10,000 followed by DC at some point.

Slightly annoying, wanted to do Seb, and judging by this thread, it looks like it ain't going to happen.

Every other zone is fine, I can afk for hours at a time with no problems or connection issues. It's ONLY Trakanon's Teeth, and it's not a random/spontaneous problem - it happens every single time.

The only upside is that velious is rumored to be coming, so being denied what is considered one of the best parts of kunark can be somewhat nullified by having a new expansion, but until then, it sucks.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Orc

I'm in singapore, no hope on this, still wish the developers can really really take a look.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:37 AM
Sarnak

Ok, so I went back to TT today after installing WinEQ to see if it made any difference.

Still got an instant 3.6k ping followed by desync and the 10kping LD.

However, it seems if I keep zoning in/out or relogging after being kicked off the server I can sometimes, with some luck, hold a steady 360ms ping - which is a normal ping for me.

I'm now sat in TT with 346ms ping and no spikes, completely playable, it took me an hour of zoning/disconnects, but so long as I don't zone out again, it seems like I am ok.

It's still ridiculous that so many people, and it really isn't a 'small handful' as the devs seem to imply, suffer from this and it hasn't been investigated/fixed.

But at least now I can somewhat get it to work, it means a trip to seb might take 1-3hours, where as it should take 10minutes, but at least it's possible to get there now.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:50 AM
Sarnak

Default driving me insane

I reinstalled EQ - turned all graphics options either off or on minimum settings - used ethernet as opposed to wireless - 7k ping, can't zone out.

I tried running the computer through a US VPN, no difference (clutching at straws I know).

What information do the devs need to get involved? I'm more than willing to allow remote access to my comp for you guys to take a look and hopefully narrow the problem down. If reproducing the problem is truly the issue.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:44 PM
Banned

Default Major Issues

Constant Desyncing...

Zoning in and out takes forever. Both soft and hard reboots needed.

Ability to watch mobs move around as others kill them with 100% health showing on my screen despite that they are dieing.

Have experienced nothing like this in the 2+ years I've played.

Also the only zone this is happening to me that I am aware of.
Old 11-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Orc

i wish they can look into this during the 12hrs server down
Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM
Orc

Never had any issue in TT until today, nothing's changed /shrug.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They are not able thus far to do anything about it. The problem only seems to happen with Oceanic/Asian connections. They cannot replicate it, so it is difficult to address.
that's bogus... happens to me here in Michigan

also -- for me, camping and logging back in is way quicker than rezoning in an attempt to sync up. can still take a few tries, but its less loading time each try.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

Default .

Been attempting to key up for seb for about 3 weeks now.

Just outright impossible with the current situation of the zone.

If the zone cannot be fixed, can we have an alternate key quest outside of TT?

I'm tired, and I presume many others are also, of not being able to key because the zone is bugged.

I can deal with the numerous logs/dc's to run through the zone, but i can't physically obtain the key cus combat is impossible.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I too get this issue. Massive ping a few moments after zone in and can't cast spells etc.

I have a theory about this, I notice there seems to be a lot of traffic on zone in to TT as indicated on the ping indicator on the client.

I believe there is a timeout configured on the server that is being reached with people with higher pings. I play from Australia so a 300 ping is pretty average for me.

If a dev can verify if there is any timeouts on data traffic around zone in, or to maintain sync, that maybe a clue.

I had no issues with this zone on live back in the day on dial up & crappy ADSL. I find it hard to believe its any setting with graphics etc that could cause the problem given the level of equipment now if far better than I used back then.
Last edited by Diemore; 11-12-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Closed Thread