Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2020, 12:10 PM
Aviak

In the interest of transparency, I'm going to answer some of the concerns here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimittzW [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can we disallow Shuriken of the Tranquil? Pretty broken for any monks who have been hoarding them. Can toss in Throwing Boulders as well, but not nearly as strong as shuriken.
You are correct that I have Shurikens. You are unfortunately, not correct that I make the rules, since the rules are mostly virtual copy/pastes from the original ToT documents. However, there were several sticky issues that were brought up, including the use of Shuriken of the Tranquil and Throwing Boulders that I recused myself from. Instead, the decision to allow these (among other matters) was made by 4 representatives of the guilds who sponsored the event, including guilds that individuals criticizing these items are members of. They unanimously agreed to allow both items.

Even with that, the problem is that if I enter the tournament and place with Shurikens, it's a bad look regardless. So I will not be using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klubba the Oracle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But then its no fun when he cant get any phat lewtz!
I have personally donated more to the event than even the first place prize, including the Tink Bag. There is no way I can profit from winning this event, especially since prizes are split three ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauvian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like the best solution is the organizer should not be allowed to participate, it should be his sole job to run the event and be unbiased.

Especially since prizes are being donated by other guilds and it requires an entry fee.
It is unlikely that this type of event would be organized by someone who doesn't want to participate in it, given the time, energy and resources, and backroom work it takes. However, as safeguard, the event is being judged by reps from the sponsoring guilds, and as previously mentioned, the rules are almost all virtually from the original ToT document, or have been decided on by reps from the sponsoring guilds. I have tried to make this event as fair and open as practicable, in the hopes that it will show the desire for these type of events, so that eventually P99 staff can organize similar events themselves. I am confident that every decision going into this event can stand up to scrutiny.

I am more than happy to address any other genuine concerns, and have consistently done so in PMs either here, in-game, or on discord.
Old 07-30-2020, 03:27 PM
Skeleton

Are you allowed to memorize new spells after buffing, so long as you do not exceed the 30 second buff window? The sequence of memorize/strategy 60 seconds, followed by buffing 30 seconds, implies that you must balance the spell bar with both offensive spells as well as buffs?
Old 07-30-2020, 04:11 PM
Server GM

revised rules per OP. Please read original post again.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpotts67 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you allowed to memorize new spells after buffing, so long as you do not exceed the 30 second buff window?
Absolutely.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You are correct that I have Shurikens. You are unfortunately, not correct that I make the rules, since the rules are mostly virtual copy/pastes from the original ToT documents. However, there were several sticky issues that were brought up, including the use of Shuriken of the Tranquil and Throwing Boulders that I recused myself from. Instead, the decision to allow these (among other matters) was made by 4 representatives of the guilds who sponsored the event, including guilds that individuals criticizing these items are members of. They unanimously agreed to allow both items.

Even with that, the problem is that if I enter the tournament and place with Shurikens, it's a bad look regardless. So I will not be using them.

I have personally donated more to the event than even the first place prize, including the Tink Bag. There is no way I can profit from winning this event, especially since prizes are split three ways.

It is unlikely that this type of event would be organized by someone who doesn't want to participate in it, given the time, energy and resources, and backroom work it takes. However, as safeguard, the event is being judged by reps from the sponsoring guilds, and as previously mentioned, the rules are almost all virtually from the original ToT document, or have been decided on by reps from the sponsoring guilds. I have tried to make this event as fair and open as practicable, in the hopes that it will show the desire for these type of events, so that eventually P99 staff can organize similar events themselves. I am confident that every decision going into this event can stand up to scrutiny.

I am more than happy to address any other genuine concerns, and have consistently done so in PMs either here, in-game, or on discord.
Thanks for adjusting, good luck in tourney!
Old 07-30-2020, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by meathook [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Love that this event was put together and definitely plan to come watch, but I feel like those guilds should rethink the Shuriken decision. It really makes for way more boring matches as Shuriken users just decimate any non melee quickly without any real strategy going into it. IMO the event will be much more fun for everyone involved if they are disallowed.
Old 07-30-2020, 09:05 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
revised rules per OP. Please read original post again.
what was revised?
Old 07-31-2020, 07:31 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what was revised?
Looks like Kingdom retracted their contribution? That's the only change I noticed.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:13 AM
Banned

No clickies of any type at all but let’s let rogues have access to slow, root, dots, DD, snare, stun all on poison resist check completely mana free mind you only limited by bag space which if smart will be 80 poison potions. Otherwise this looks awesome.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:23 AM
Banned

Sadly i will be hanging out with my supermodel 10/10 gf Friday night
rip
Closed Thread