Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-14-2022, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

I've had this same urge to try and play console games. I really grow tired of the constant updates and how long it actually takes to get into a game and play a modern game.
Old 12-14-2022, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

I stopped playing console around the time they connected to the internet.

I liked buying a game and playing it, not buying an inferior game to one I could get on my PC and installing it like I bought it on my PC.
Old 12-14-2022, 02:05 PM
Banned

I don't think you have to connect to the internet.

In fact, if you have a Nintendo Switch that has never had its OS updated you can sell that on eBay for a pretty good price point I bet.

I don't have physical copies of most of my games. Can't say if I will ever regret that, but I have kept up with my Steam library just fine for ten plus years now.

I also figure things like PsPlus and Xbox Live or whatever are the future of games. That Spotify model did a better job of combating piracy than DRM ever did
Old 12-14-2022, 02:26 PM
Banned

You can get a nice pc and buy a ps5 and xbox controllers. And download steam or MS game pass on windows 11.

That is definitely the way of the future.

Ps5 / Sony is hentai aids. And China is going to invade them soon. A a few Sony Muslims will hold out in Malaysia only to be colonized by the US under the UN.
Old 12-14-2022, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped playing console around the time they connected to the internet.

I liked buying a game and playing it, not buying an inferior game to one I could get on my PC and installing it like I bought it on my PC.
this
Old 12-14-2022, 11:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a ps5 and while I love it and use it daily, the games for it are severely lacking imho...especially for good rpg type stuff.

I'm nearing 2 years ownership and I own 4 ps5 games and I'm constantly looking to buy another one it's just that nothing looks great.

I play rdr2 the most on it and that's technically a ps4 game because Rockstar won't release a rdr2 ps5 update.

I'd recommend the disc drive ps5 and I'd also recommend buying physical copies. I think it might be personal preference but I like being able to play the games I bought even if I don't have internet. Plus you saw what nintendo did to 3ds owners where they just yanked their digital games...so yeah I'd rather own physical.
Good post, thank you.

Would going with the “game pass” subscription be an ok idea? Try games, if you like, buy the disc version? And just use the $15/month to try random shit?
Old 12-14-2022, 11:39 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-14-2022, 11:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chortles Snortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Photoshopped. Real women don't look like that
Old 12-16-2022, 01:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good post, thank you.

Would going with the “game pass” subscription be an ok idea? Try games, if you like, buy the disc version? And just use the $15/month to try random shit?
Not a bad route to go especially if you love retro gaming as you get quite a lot of retro games to play in addition to the "free trials" of a lot of big title modern games.

Also, don't forget to claim all the free games you get just for buying the ps5! They give you like 20 free ps4 games that are really really awesome and worth adding to your collection. Those alone might entertain you enough for a while. Games like Days Gone, God of War, Detroit Become Human, The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Infamous Second Son, Just Cause 4 ect.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Last edited by Evia; 12-16-2022 at 01:33 PM..