Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Fire Giant

2/3rds the way through book 3 and just passed the red wedding. My mind is still blown.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccezan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2/3rds the way through book 3 and just passed the red wedding. My mind is still blown.
book 3 = my favorite
Old 11-07-2012, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
book 3 = my favorite
It is pretty freaking amazing. When you think the Red Wedding is like, a holy shit moment, then bam a ton more happens and upends everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenjitsuRZ View Post
Multiplication is used at all levels.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Sarnak

The Red Wedding blew my mind, I remember having to read it twice to make sure he had just turned the plot on its head.

Anyways:

Quote:
Azor Azai = Jon? he'll be reborn by Melisandre, and as such able to battle with the Boltons.
I'd agree, there's no way he's dead and there's something funny about those smoking wounds. There's something really fishy about the letter, Jon's reaction and the murder.

Quote:
How about those meat pies that Lord Manderly served to the Freys
I /cheered.

Quote:
Rhaegar + Lyanna = Jon Snow (which is why Ned must lie to even Robert when asked and go with the Wylla story) Jon born in 283AL, Lyanna dies in 283AL. however Ashera Dayne and Howland Reed must know the truth. Ashera told Ned to go to the Tower of Joy. and i believe Howland Reed was there as well. Ashera "kills" herself so that the baby can both go with Ned, and also, more importantly, Ashera will be said to be the mother so that if Jon has Targaryen features, they can be excused as Dayne features. But Jon looks a lot like Arya, and Arya looks a lot like Lyanna.... and of course.. "Promise me.. Ned.."
I'm convinced by this. Like you say there is so much in book 1 on Ned's promise to Lyanna and then later on Rhaegar's obsession with the three headed dragon prophecy, references to Elia being too weak to bear more than two children, the stories about naming Lyanna the Queen of Love and Beauty at Harrenhal. Real question is who else knows; Howland Reed, Benjen Stark?

Quote:
Septa Lemore = (i think) Ashera Dayne. which would make a lot more sense if YoungGriff/Aegon was actually her kid, that was secretly swapped with Elia Martells baby (assuming her baby was stillborn)
I'm pretty sure Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne, there has been too much sudden development of the historical Ashara Dayne character in this book for it to be irrelevant. e.g Barriston's revelation in his PoV that he was in love with her, his thoughts about a Stark dishonouring her and the tourney at Harrenhall (I may be misremembering the details but I'm sure it's Brandon he refers to).

Quote:
Strong Robert = Gregor

jaqen h'ghar = the alchemist (kills pate) = Pate. but WHY does Jaqen H'Ghar want to be in oldtown?

Hound is either the elder brother / grave digger, or, that person knows where the hound is hiding. he doesnt say the hound is dead, he says the hound is "at rest". he claims he buried the armor and used the helm to mark the grave. the helm is stolen and the wearer reeks havoc, which is then blamed on the hound.

Bloodraven = Brynden Rivers

Bran will never leave that cave. ever.
Agree with all of these - the hound is almost certainly the gravedigger. The question is whether or not he will come out of retirement to have a go at Ser "Robert Strong" on the Faith's behalf. Although that may be somewhat predictable for ASOIAF.

Quote:
i was told Tyrion could be a Targaryen, need more info please
I like the idea of this, but is generally thoroughly rejected by those on the Westeros message boards (although if I remember correctly they rejected the idea of Aegon reappearing). The idea is based on some of the mystery of Tywin leaving King's Landing during his first stint as Hand to Aerys - some believe that this was because Aerys raped Johanna Lannister and Tyrion is the result of the rape. Tywin would keep this a secret as it is made repeatedly clear throughout the books that his wife was his world and he wouldn't want to dishonour her, or the Lannister name. This was speculation up until ADWD although I think, again in Barriston's PoV, there is another mention of Tywin's mysterious end to his time as Aerys' hand. Basically there are some hints in his description and his deformity; some of his hair is described as being so blonde it is almost white. His deformity may be a result of defective Targaryen incest genes, although there isn't precedent showing for deformity in Targaryen's, just madness. Tyrion also dreams of dragons and is fascinated with them. Its a possibility, but by no means a certainty.

Quote:
Varys. we know by what he says to Kevan that Varys is going to support Aegons claim. however, we do not know if Aegon is actually a Targaryen, or if the babe was swapped with Ashera Daynes babe.
Another theory is that Aegon is actually a Blackfyre from the female line - Barriston extinguished the male line on the Stepstones in his youth (I have seen suggestions that one of Illyrio's wives is actually a Blackfyre and Aegon is his son and hence his and Varys' interest in putting him on the throne). Even if the thing about Aegon being Illyrio's son is a bit crackpot I'm pretty convinced he is a Blackfyre rather than a Targaryen and is thus the "mummers dragon" that Dany is warned about in the House of the Undying. The focus on Blackfyre rebellions in the Dunk and Egg short stories must have some relevance as well.

All I've got for now!
<Asgard>
Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Red Wedding blew my mind, I remember having to read it twice to make sure he had just turned the plot on its head.
Anyways:
I'd agree, there's no way he's dead and there's something funny about those smoking wounds. There's something really fishy about the letter, Jon's reaction and the murder.
Also the prologue of 5, its about that wildling that can do it too, six skins or something like that. He died, yet was able to warg into one of his animals to escape death. I believe this was foreshadowing that another character would do the same thing (ie: Jon). Melisandre knows this is going to happen to Jon as she mentions hes surrounded by knives in the dark, or in the shadows, and then also tells him to keep Ghost close. As far as the smoking wounds, I think that’s because of how cold it is. Blood is warm enough for steam. But fun fact, Azor Azai is born amongst salt and smoke. Jon would be reborn as Azor Azai, I just havent worked in the salt. But I think light bringer is the nights watch, and I think the nights watch vows changed at somepoint. The Vows sam says to open the door under the wall are not the same vows they say to join the nights watch. Sounds like junk was added as its not required to open the magic door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I /cheered.
A+ job Lord Manderly

Quote:
I'm convinced by this. Like you say there is so much in book 1 on Ned's promise to Lyanna and then later on Rhaegar's obsession with the three headed dragon prophecy, references to Elia being too weak to bear more than two children, the stories about naming Lyanna the Queen of Love and Beauty at Harrenhal. Real question is who else knows; Howland Reed, Benjen Stark?
Benjen I believe was already at the wall, so he wouldn’t know. Ashera Dayne told Ned (and 5 or 6 of Ned’s men) to go to the tower of joy to find Lyanna. Then Ashera Dayne “kills herself” shortly after. As far as Neds people, all of them are killed except Ned and Howland Reed. Making Ashera, Ned, and Howland the only 3 living people to know what happened at the tower of joy.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Septa Lemore is Ashara Dayne, there has been too much sudden development of the historical Ashara Dayne character in this book for it to be irrelevant. e.g Barriston's revelation in his PoV that he was in love with her, his thoughts about a Stark dishonouring her and the tourney at Harrenhall (I may be misremembering the details but I'm sure it's Brandon he refers to).
Indeed, my thoughts exactly. Hopefully Barriston and her will cross paths; that would be the fastest way to confirm she is in fact Ashera Dayne. Did the starks really dishonor her? If I remember correct, she was infatuated with Ned Stark, and Ned with her. But Ned was bound by duty to marry Cat after his brother died. What did Ashera do at the tourney? Assuming this was the tourney that Rhaegar won and named Lyanna the queen of beauty as opposed to his Martell wife. I don’t recall Ashera being dishonored.

Quote:
Agree with all of these - the hound is almost certainly the gravedigger. The question is whether or not he will come out of retirement to have a go at Ser "Robert Strong" on the Faith's behalf. Although that may be somewhat predictable for ASOIAF.
I’m pretty certain Sandor and Gregor were put on this earth to fight each other at some point. The books have indirectly suggested as much imo. If they fight over Cersei, that I don’t know.

Quote:
I like the idea of this, but is generally thoroughly rejected by those on the Westeros message boards (although if I remember correctly they rejected the idea of Aegon reappearing). The idea is based on some of the mystery of Tywin leaving King's Landing during his first stint as Hand to Aerys - some believe that this was because Aerys raped Johanna Lannister and Tyrion is the result of the rape. Tywin would keep this a secret as it is made repeatedly clear throughout the books that his wife was his world and he wouldn't want to dishonour her, or the Lannister name. This was speculation up until ADWD although I think, again in Barriston's PoV, there is another mention of Tywin's mysterious end to his time as Aerys' hand. Basically there are some hints in his description and his deformity; some of his hair is described as being so blonde it is almost white. His deformity may be a result of defective Targaryen incest genes, although there isn't precedent showing for deformity in Targaryen's, just madness. Tyrion also dreams of dragons and is fascinated with them. Its a possibility, but by no means a certainty.
Thanks for the info, A+. I know it kinda seems like a reach or a conspiracy theory, but its still definitely possible [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Another theory is that Aegon is actually a Blackfyre from the female line - Barriston extinguished the male line on the Stepstones in his youth (I have seen suggestions that one of Illyrio's wives is actually a Blackfyre and Aegon is his son and hence his and Varys' interest in putting him on the throne). Even if the thing about Aegon being Illyrio's son is a bit crackpot I'm pretty convinced he is a Blackfyre rather than a Targaryen and is thus the "mummers dragon" that Dany is warned about in the House of the Undying. The focus on Blackfyre rebellions in the Dunk and Egg short stories must have some relevance as well.
You just blew my mind. I have no idea why Varys apparently wants the Targaryens in power. Definitely going to put in more time looking up the details surrounding the mummers dragon, one of the 3 things that will betray Dany. I never read the dunk and egg stories, but my buddy has and owns the stories. Theres definitely something sketchy about aegon. I really like the Blackfyre angle.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

victarion is a clueless naive moron and i would be SHOCKED if he lived through the series
Old 11-20-2012, 10:22 AM
Banned

also jamie is best character in series
Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Banned

there was some theory on reddit that i like that varys is actually a faceless man and hes basically just trying to ruin everything for everyone
Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Banned

also if no one ever gets around to chumming around old valyria then i'll b pissed. with the amount of times GRRM has had people say ANYONE THAT GOES NEAR THERE NEVER COMES BACK he *has* to delve into wuts up over there
Old 11-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

also i dont think the horn sam has is the ice horn
Closed Thread