Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 10:22 AM
Banned

Default Integrity. Honor. Discipline.

Integrity. Honor. Discipline.

Are the only ways to turn the ship around. If neither of these three things are culturally or socially mandatory for life, liberty, or freedom.

The people in power will just behave like animals and do whatever they want.

This is God's will. Face it.

I apologize that right now I can do no better than to remind you of this hard absolute fact.
Old 05-30-2021, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

Bushido is hardcore.

Power = Work / Time
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-30-2021, 12:16 PM
Banned

Strict Bushido principles adopted society wide will always lead to a caste system with all the inherent flaws.

Alas it will always remain a mystery school.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bushido is hardcore.

Power = Work / Time
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bushido is hardcore.
Propoganda and revisionism. Are they trying to rewrite Bushido?

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Strict Bushido principles adopted society wide will always lead to a caste system with all the inherent flaws.

Alas it will always remain a mystery school.
Is a strict caste system really that bad? Can no one better themselves and their station through their own merit without the predation of others? I believe fanaticism, extremism, religious, philosophical, ideological, is the constraining factor. Some people do need forcefully be put in their place and stations. However. We don't need, cowards, and privileged children, fools commanding us. Or wielding power. Merit is absolutely necessary.

Imo. Sg1, season 9, episode 8, Babylon is representative of Bushido.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good nuanced exploration of it.
Last edited by starkind; 05-30-2021 at 01:04 PM..
Old 05-30-2021, 02:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is a strict caste system really that bad?
1. You lose out of human capital because even if initially the ideals for putting into place caste are good, over time will lead to stagnation and pruning of anyone "Quirky" until you are left with ritualistic automatons in flesh.
a. Without outliers of behavior and you will lose out of spontaneous genius and its repercussions leading to CLASSIC MEDIEVAL tech levels.

2. Humans are corruptible and thusly the " Merit " systems falls on its ass completely as it becomes again, an over-ritualized process much like the very fancy courts of kingdoms old. IE wearing shoes with the length of the toe is a direct relation to the level in court. (Goofy goober shit)
a. Communism self cannibalism for status and extra bread has been historically proven.
b. Old chinese and Japanese historical accounts during high periods of caste and Bushido are full of great examples of extreme brutality and cannibalism.
Old 05-30-2021, 03:38 PM
Banned

I was reading Genesis 33 thru 35 and came across a startling revelation:
20 He put up an altar there and named it after El, the God of Israel.
Genesis 33:20 GNBDK

https://bible.com/bible/431/gen.33.20.GNBDK

1 God said to Jacob, “Go to Bethel at once, and live there. Build an altar there to me, the God who appeared to you when you were running away from your brother Esau.” 2 So Jacob said to his family and to all who were with him, “Get rid of the foreign gods that you have; purify yourselves and put on clean clothes. 3 We are going to leave here and go to Bethel, where I will build an altar to the God who helped me in the time of my trouble and who has been with me everywhere I have gone.” 7 He built an altar there and named the place after the God of Bethel, because God had revealed himself to him there when he was running away from his brother.
Genesis 35:1*-‬3*, ‬7 GNBDK

https://bible.com/bible/431/gen.35.1-7.GNBDK

And then:

Document TAD B7.3 (Cowley No. 44) is an oath text involved in a property dispute between two Jews, Menahem son of Shallum and Meshullam son of Nathan. Menahem swears by Herem-Bethel [text partially reconstructed] and Anat-Yaho (Yahweh) that he is half-owner of a certain she-donkey.
Last edited by Gwaihir; 05-30-2021 at 03:46 PM..
Old 05-30-2021, 03:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphys [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1. You lose out of human capital because even if initially the ideals for putting into place caste are good, over time will lead to stagnation and pruning of anyone "Quirky" until you are left with ritualistic automatons in flesh.
a. Without outliers of behavior and you will lose out of spontaneous genius and its repercussions leading to CLASSIC MEDIEVAL tech levels.

2. Humans are corruptible and thusly the " Merit " systems falls on its ass completely as it becomes again, an over-ritualized process much like the very fancy courts of kingdoms old. IE wearing shoes with the length of the toe is a direct relation to the level in court. (Goofy goober shit)
a. Communism self cannibalism for status and extra bread has been historically proven.
b. Old chinese and Japanese historical accounts during high periods of caste and Bushido are full of great examples of extreme brutality and cannibalism.
For reals. Following laws for the sake of tradition is stupid. When they had a famine and people were like maybe lets go buy some from somewhere else? JAPAN IS CLOSED NO! TRADITION CANNOT BE CORRUPTED BY THE OUTSIDE! Then like 10% of the population died.

When that shit just isnt practical anymore, get rid of it.
Old 05-30-2021, 04:22 PM
Banned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anat

Athena. This relates back to Atlantis, in West Africa before the great deluge. When Plato wrote of the history of Atlantis in Timmaeus and Critias there was interesting dialogue amongst one of the peoples Solon encountered west of Egypt, wherein he was told that Athens, like their city was founded by the Atlantean diety Athena and that they this shared a kinship with the Greeks.

This relates back to previous discussions in the Lent thread about the Phoenician founding of the Greek empire
Last edited by Gwaihir; 05-30-2021 at 04:29 PM..
Old 05-30-2021, 05:08 PM
Banned

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baetylus

Screenshot_20210530-140733.jpg
Old 05-30-2021, 05:09 PM
Banned

22 The stone which the builders rejected as worthless turned out to be the most important of all.
Psalms 118:22 GNBDK

https://bible.com/bible/431/psa.118.22.GNBDK

Seek Christ
Closed Thread