Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

fuck that sig and my misaligned windows. calling a forum mod to remove that illegal sig
Cymeon Trymex, level 33 Bard of Circle of Valor, Xegony Server, retired July 2000
Old 02-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Banned

I'd like to think I could give Lite or any of the other pro-variance pals access to a blue char and have him added to a batphone for a week to see how much they like that shit :P

But it'd get stripped/deleted

You got it pretty good here Lite for what you're trying to do

Imagine if for every raid mob, Holo was fully buffed and camped out ready to instantly engage and there were never stragglers picked off

That's what variance turns into. It is horrible and not classic.

As far as what variance actually fixed? Lol, nothing.

There's still tons of rules being put on top of it and an entire forum section where only certain people can post and no one agrees with each other.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:46 PM
Banned

not gonna debate this with someone who has no understanding of red dynamic, sorry.

I am not advocating for variance. I will always support it as I think it's what's best for a red server.

Right now I just hope the staff can finally set up Earth quakes that don't require Rogean's presence( stupidest thing ever). This would best emulate the Live servers that reset weekly.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd like to think I could give Lite or any of the other pro-variance pals access to a blue char and have him added to a batphone for a week to see how much they like that shit :P

But it'd get stripped/deleted

You got it pretty good here Lite for what you're trying to do

Imagine if for every raid mob, Holo was fully buffed and camped out ready to instantly engage and there were never stragglers picked off

That's what variance turns into. It is horrible and not classic.

As far as what variance actually fixed? Lol, nothing.

There's still tons of rules being put on top of it and an entire forum section where only certain people can post and no one agrees with each other.
So how does static timers help anyone but the zerg? If everyone knows the timers than the guild with the highest numbers will always win.

To any male this would just make sense because it's logical and reasonable, but when I talk to you I'm forced to pretend you are a chick.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well in Nirgons defense he plays both servers the same exact way.
Thanks for sharing
Old 02-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lite [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not gonna debate this with someone who has no understanding of red dynamic, sorry.

Maybe it is you who haven't figured anything out

I got prof

BK go sit in the corner and play with your dirt
Old 02-16-2015, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

I'm starting to see some serious benefits to implementing variance on this server.

1.) Lite & co. can stop making threads about it.
2.) Superior holo numbers and lower tracking requirements allowing us to get 99% of targets rather than the current meager 95%.

GM's please implement variance immediately.
Engage tracking dkp, lvl 1 rangers, camped out fully buffed raids, end of pvp on pvp server.
Sounds good, guys! Well thought out proposal! 8.7/10!

Gradner Goodtimes - 60 Bard
Old 02-16-2015, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

I now support variance.
Old 02-16-2015, 02:53 PM
Banned

People arguing against me here have a grand combined total of 0 seconds of variance EQ raiding under their belt
Old 02-16-2015, 03:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So how does static timers help anyone but the zerg? If everyone knows the timers than the guild with the highest numbers will always win.

To any male this would just make sense because it's logical and reasonable, but when I talk to you I'm forced to pretend you are a chick.
How do variant timers help anyone but the zerg?

We have the man-power to track mobs round-the-clock. For any bosses we're interested in, a few lvl 1 rangers will ensure that we're able to mobilize immediately on spawn and then we're back to a simple batphone numbers game (which the largest guild will inevitably win most times). For holo, variance is a minor inconvenience. For any other guild, it's a major barrier for entry.

Granted, static timers are easy with a zerg. Variance also easier with a zerg. Simulated repops easier with a zerg. Are you starting to understand the underlying trend?

GM's please implement variance immediately.

Gradner Goodtimes - 60 Bard
Closed Thread