Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:15 AM
Aviak

Default Farming Torpor

With a 60 shm/mnk duo (possibly with help from a nec) what would you kill to try to farm Torpor?
Old 12-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Sarnak

OT cliff golems (they do drop them rarely)
Old 12-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Fire Giant

Juggs, no?
Old 12-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Juggs if you can get there - that'd be doable as a shammy if you have your Sky ring and a DA idol. Fight your way down to shrooms, DA to the Juggs, FD at a safe spot and /q. Same method for the necro with Harmshield and FD. Monk flops in to join you. Regular Juggs do drop Torpor and other 60 spells.

Although, it should probably be said - you might actually need the spell to realistically solo-heal against Juggs. If you don't have Torpor yet I'd probably stick to cliff golems, or find a cleric and do some guardian wurms.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 12-02-2016 at 10:38 AM..
Old 12-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Juggs if you can get there - that'd be doable as a shammy if you have your Sky ring and a DA idol. Fight your way down to shrooms, DA to the Juggs, FD at a safe spot and /q. Same method for the necro with Harmshield and FD. Monk flops in to join you. Regular Juggs do drop Torpor and other 60 spells.

Although, it should probably be said - you might actually need the spell to realistically solo-heal against Juggs. If you don't have Torpor yet I'd probably stick to cliff golems, or find a cleric and do some guardian wurms.
I didn't think the juggs could drop torpor, just tola and the prot i think.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

They do, but it's like cliff golem level rare. Tola/Prot will drop a 60 spell 100% of the time (not sure if Tolapumj always does actually, he will always drop a spell tho), similar to Emperor Chottal, so your odds are much better - regular juggs drop 51+ spells uncommonly. I've only seen two Torpors from innumerable Juggs/Tola/Prot runs - one from a regular jugg and one from the protector.
Last edited by paulgiamatti; 12-02-2016 at 03:44 PM..
Old 12-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Can try guardian wurms as well, a guildy runs Gwurm events quite often and think it's netted 5-6 topors in 3 months or something along those lines, might be like 6-7 copies. Only 3 spawns though so you can't just keep mowing through them for more chances like jugg's though
Old 12-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Fire Giant

Another way is to have your guild kill a kunark dragon like trak etc or a vp dragon and they can drop torpor. but best bet is guardian wurms ive seen 3 torpors drop there was there for all 3 lost the rolls unforantely

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 12-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Fire Giant

Or Join Dial a port and Portwhore yourself out for the 150k spell is another option we've all been there and done that at some point

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 12-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Kobold

The problem with Torpor is that it's trying to replicate a Live environment where Shamans were initially very rare, with a P99 environment where Shamans were popular from the start. No spell should ever have reached the price of Torpor without intervention and it's getting a bit ridiculous that this continues.

Trying to be Classic has created a situation which is utterly Not Classic.
Closed Thread