Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2016, 05:58 AM
Aviak

Default Dex question for tailoring

Has anyone tested that dex helps tailoring skill-ups on this server? I'm considering doing some tailoring on my ranger & debating if it's worth buying some high dex jewelry/weps to use while crafting.

On the char selection screen it specifically says that dex helps with fletching/poisonmaking but no reference is made to tailoring.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:24 AM
Fire Giant

int or wis whichever is highest should be the skill check stat for tailoring
Old 10-16-2016, 07:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kender [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
int or wis whichever is highest should be the skill check stat for tailoring
That's for getting skillups. I believe they're talking about the rumor that you get more successes based on dex. I haven't tested it, but I airways get buffed up when I tradeskill "just in case." [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Kobold

on live there was a long list of rumors for success/fail reasons .. stay away from certain forges or go to certain brew barrels or looms as well as:

dex/agi/str for physical skill check
cha for divine skillcheck for success (lottery ticket winner on long odds combines)

since str is easiest to getup very high for most players these skill checks are up there anyways.

cha well not so much

again both of these are completely unproven and are old tradeskill superstitions from live when everyone was trying to make things all the time.

Still I try to max the physical stats when doing hard combines

Clorthos PAL
Kagrubb SHM
Lidokidz PAL

Almost Useful
Old 10-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

There's no information in the above 3 posts, just so we're clear. Kagrobb in particular has no idea what he's talking about but by golly that didn't stop him.

Dex is supposed to be a tailoring stat, however, I seriously doubt any testing of anything tradeskill related has been performed on P99. You'll have to be your own test subject. If you're high enough level, have Dex and then focus cast on you by a shaman. That should probably cap you. Then... tailor. If you notice the skill REALLY dragging in the 100+ trivial range, then 255 Dex probably doesn't help. Try pottery to 122 on a low WIS/INT character to see what I mean. It's fairly obvious when you're severely lacking in a controlling stat.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-16-2016 at 11:52 AM..
Old 10-16-2016, 12:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no information in the above 3 posts, just so we're clear. Kagrobb in particular has no idea what he's talking about but by golly that didn't stop him.

Did you look at my first sentence or just see my name and flame away .. "long list of rumors on live .."

anyways if you want to look at the database for what was onlive look at eqtraders.com under the forum section there was a lot of work into the skill checks in the past.

specifically this post
http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/show...nd-Tradeskills

flame away bitter smurfette

Clorthos PAL
Kagrubb SHM
Lidokidz PAL

Almost Useful
Last edited by kagrobb; 10-16-2016 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: edited for link and smurfette tears
Old 10-16-2016, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

I'm not flaming you. You just wrote a long, tangential post referencing AGI and CHA which have nothing to do with skilling up tailoring, or any other trade skill. The post you linked there is actually informative, particularly:

"A specific quote from Tanker, SOE Dev:

Smithing - STR
Fletching - DEX
PoisonMaking - DEX
END OF LIST <<-- note, there are NO more tradeskills that have alternate attributes
."

Sooo looks like you're stuck with WIS on a ranger, OP. Apologies to Kender.
Last edited by Cecily; 10-16-2016 at 12:39 PM..
Old 10-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Planar Protector

bonus stat for tradeskill is a place where we actually had SOE dev giving information, and that's been known for several years, I strongly expect P1999 to follow that... at least I can confirm blacksmith and STR for sure...
Old 10-16-2016, 11:30 PM
Aviak

Thanks all - got what I needed from this =)

my takeaway - dex probably doesn't help but should test it at some point. Will probably make a separate char (priest) or at least buy a ton of +wis gear before doing serious TS'ing.
Closed Thread