Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-29-2022, 06:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
mostly stuff in Lguk and cpl things in HS north.. technically you only need to get a mob down to 25% Health and spam spook the dead and they flee in place with darkness on
Should be able to add any of the Lower Guk named, not just the ones Taggley specifically mentioned. Froglok King is much easier than Frenzied Ghoul, and safe with the zone-out right there next to it. The spider named in Velk can also be added to that list; they're tough but manageable. Shadowknight can't clear all four at once like a shaman can but it can handle them individually. Can do the weaker areas of Mischief, I never was there long enough to push the envelope and see the limit of just how much I could do. You can do weaker stuff in Skyshrine, fe'dars and such, but the drop rates there will drive you insane.

I strongly recommend carrying shaman damage shield potions or midnight mallets, or both. They're affordable and help a great deal with tougher solo situations. Reapers being broken is a nuisance since wort potions are fairly expensive. Root click items can be obtained for free in Crystal Caverns. Most of the time it's faster to farm plat than items if you just want to make money. Relatively few items on P99 are both valuable enough and drop frequently enough for a solo melee to outpace the usual cash grinds. Do this for fun, not"'efficiency" (this forum makes me hate that word) and you'll have a good time.

Danth
Old 08-29-2022, 06:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody does because an enchanter in droppable gear is 10x more potent
10x less awesome than a dark knight murdering shit with his big ass sword
Old 08-30-2022, 10:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do you, broski.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by w1zard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with the sentiment. Casters are undeniably more powerful, but I think melees are more fun. My first high level character on P99 was my Shadowknight.