Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 11:36 PM
Aviak

Default Wu's Fighting Armor

Is this coming back in the launch or is it coming after the velious release?
Old 07-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movember [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this coming back in the launch or is it coming after the velious release?
Good question. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I would imagine it would be at the beginning. Ele will tell us I am sure lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-13-2015, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

Couldnt we play on the Beta server and find out? I assume that Beta is as it will be released minus whatever tweaks of course.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ele will tell us I am sure lol. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious patch which enabled new recipes was in May 2001. So five-ish months after release?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...g+armor+recipe

Most Wu's recipes were disabled in this April 22, 2012 patch.
Old 09-10-2015, 04:51 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ele [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Velious patch which enabled new recipes was in May 2001. So five-ish months after release?

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...g+armor+recipe

Most Wu's recipes were disabled in this April 22, 2012 patch.
Has any date been bandied about on when Wu's will be reintroduced? 5 months past the velious release. My poor Druid is stuck at 122 tailoring with over 200 silk swatches, 40 vials of Viscous mana and all the heady kiola I can make as needed.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Planar Protector

4 months from now you won't be able to give away Wu's with Black Pantherskin stuff out!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-10-2015, 07:12 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrunner5 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4 months from now you won't be able to give away Wu's with Black Pantherskin stuff out!! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care about selling it, although I'll try. I want to level my tailoring.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by scamp891 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't care about selling it, although I'll try. I want to level my tailoring.
Is Wu's the only way to get through that skill band?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is Wu's the only way to get through that skill band?
Crystalline Silk armor can get you to 131 while Wu's can get you to 158. Furthermore, Crystalline Silk armor requires Crystalline Silk, which is ridiculously expensive at the moment, while Wu's armor only requires Spider Silk and Pearls (for Vials of Viscous Mana). Wu's Fighting Mask requires 4 Heady Kiola, 1 Silk Swatch, and 1 Vial of Viscous Mana, which comes out to roughly 5-6 platinum total per combine. I've seen stacks of Crystalline Silk sell for ~200p (correct me if I'm wrong), so that puts the Crystalline Silk at 20+ platinum per combine.

That being said, Crystalline Silk is dependent on market price while the materials for Wu's Armor are relatively fixed due to Pearls making up most of the cost of the combine, so the price of making Crystalline Silk armor could very well come down by the time Wu's comes out. That being said, Wu's will still get you 17 more points into Tailoring. This is crucial for people who aren't Halfling or Wood Elves because that's 17 more points that don't have to be gained crafting the more advanced Velious armor that requires stuff like Arctic Wyvern Hides.