Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Banned

Mage will be better for exp at any point in my opinion.

Wizard will be more fun end game if you like raiding. Ports are a huge plus for me.

Best duo for an enchanter level 50+ is a cleric. As a cleric/enchanter duo I can't see you having too many problems finding groups for exp either. As a duo at low levels you can make it work. Both classes are able to solo to 50 so you can make it work as a duo obviously.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Banned

I also want to say that shaman/druid would be better at lower lvls because their heals aren't so bad and when you are charming at low levels killing your charmed pet after you kill a mob isn't a bad idea. The moment you get to the level where it makes sense to start buffing and keeping your pet around is the moment clerics become better as a duo partner. As far as buffs go Cleric/Enchanter have the best buff/debuff combo. There is too much overlap between the enchanter/shaman.

Also it would be nice to have the cleric around for rez when the enchanter dies. Enchanters are the easiest class to die on after all.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids can heal and buff, but that doesn't really make them a preferred choice for most groups. Their heals lack enough punch to do the job at high levels, and their buffs usually are redundant because of the presence of a cleric or shaman. Damage shields are underrated, though, imo. Druid would work fine with an enchanter, providing extra damage, buffs and heals for the enchanter, help with root CC, and ports.
Tecmos you break my heart bro. "Work Fine?" Sadface.

Druids are exceptional partners for an enchanter. If you know how to do a certain trick with a certain combination of spells, I would say they're right alongside clerics but not quite Torpor Shamans - a shaman with Torpor is indeed the best partner for an enchanter at 60. The ability for the shaman to tank with Torpor allows for more hardcore mobs than the Druid / Enchanter combo might be able to handle, but still I have yet to meet something that my dru/ench team can't surmount.

You may be able to tackle hard core mobs with the Shaman, but more dangerous stuff would be easier to attempt and do with the druid. Druids are AWESOME safety nets for enchanters between snare, root, evac and heal. Once you get to the point where you can appreciate and wield the amount of CC and power between the two of you nothing should really phase you.. at all.

And during the Velious era it only gets better. Dual charm in pretty much every zone.

"... I don't think I remember him digging for this long..."

The A-Team

twitch.tv/crexxus
Last edited by Waedawen; 03-07-2013 at 02:08 PM..
Old 03-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry Petros but IMHO there is no way Druid/Enchanter can take down Korocust. When you have these high level mobs raping your pets for 500-1000 damage a round you just absolutely have to get them slowed. And Malo+tash and two players chaining slow is the best way to do it. If you have less you run the risk of the RNG fucking you. Like Monk+Shm, if you get a bunch of slow resists and no tash procs. So for example here are my rough guesses for win probability for two skilled L60 players vs the myconid spore king:

100%: Enc+Shm, War/Mnk/SK/Rng/Pal/Mag+Donal's Cleric
95%: Enc+Enc/Clr/Mag, War/Mnk/Sk/Pal/Mag+Shaman
75%: Enc+Nec/Dru, Nec/Shm, Rng/Shm
60%: Enc with strings/wand of allure solo
25%: Enc w/out strings solo

Good point about the charming though Petros. I'd still rather have malo/turgurs/torpor but in Chardok Druids would be nice. I have always wanted to make a charming druid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Cheap too!
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 03-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Fire Giant

Also, and I'm assuming this works on this server, torpor on the charmed pet makes for a super easy controlled break/recharm.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard will be more fun end game if you like raiding. Ports are a huge plus for me.
which part is fun? porting people when bosses pop?

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Old 03-07-2013, 04:03 PM
Kobold

Yeah I was mostly talking about just leveling, not so much of farming specific mobs at level 60, that would be like months away lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM
Fire Giant

Invite a wizard if you need a port, then boot him for a mage. Honestly, how many times have you been in a group and ever thought, "man, there is a mage LFG but I want this wizard!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I was mostly talking about just leveling, not so much of farming specific mobs at level 60, that would be like months away lol.
There is very little division between the ultra-hardcore and the fairly casual on these boards, so just keep in mind that if you're asking for advice, you're gonna get it from both camps.

Filter out what's most applicable for your situation and make a decision that results in the most fun, is my best advice. People here are insanely knowledgeable about EQ, so the people advising you for super-hardcore 2-manning (aka Loraen above with Spore King) may not apply to your situation, but still provide valuable insight and perspective.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimixownzall [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Invite a wizard if you need a port, then boot him for a mage. Honestly, how many times have you been in a group and ever thought, "man, there is a mage LFG but I want this wizard!"
OP: like i said it depends on what you want to do...

if player skill, class knowledge, and level were equal and no bias - if there was a group of 5 and they needed DPS and there wizzy and mage were lfg, 10/10 they would invite the mage.

wizzy's will solo the majority of the time and quad kite. mage's will solo the majority of the time up to 55, but if you want to change it up and have an easier time finding a group, mage will prevail.

[ANONYMOUS] dip|o the Conjurer
Closed Thread