Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 03:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli Pops [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pras
cumdumpster bitch
Old 08-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Banned

Copy pasting some commentary on Nihilum/balanced pvp, but relevant feedback if were gonna do an assesment of where pvp server went wrong:

Not out to bash the devs, really appreciate the server being put up. Maybe this can help them make their next project a better success. Would crop it but can never tell if devs read so...

---------------

I kind of pride myself on speaking my mind, no matter which side of the fence im sitting, so here goes.

For the month i was in nihilum, i can honestly say its the less loot whoring environment ive been in. Was handed that dracolich 2h about 2 days in by a random officer. Maybe cuz they out of bank space and swimming in loot (lol) but still a long way from having guildies roll on a really good shaman piece they cant use (fungi), that i would use all the time to pvp for the guild, to put on their lowbie ranger or whatever, which happened to me in azrael, twice. The first time the guy who won and rolled against me was actually already wearing one.

Nihilum though does like that gear gap, doesnt appear to want healthy competition that keeps things interesting for everyone, so unfortunatly, most things ive seen posted here from them, especially dullah, is intended to make them keep that dominance, no matter the consequences on the servers population.

Nihilum should really take a good look at themselves and ask themselves if they really gonna have fun farming pixels on a dead server. I think unfortunatly again the answer is yes, cuz the pvp they seem to be addicted to is gear advantage + overwhelming numbers for cheesy wins. This would not have mattered if people would have been allowed to challenge Nihilum with lower numbers from the get-go, which because of xp loss in pvp, they were prevented from doing. People would have contested them daily and Nihilum would have had to work hard, daily, to get those drops. Not having a free for all, uncontested loot fest for a year straight.

The fault doesnt really fall with Nihilum though. Its the devs who should have stepped in when players (especially persistently annoying people like me) who kept repeating, day in day out, week after week, months after months, that xp loss in pvp only advantages zergs, lets people farm raid zones uncontested, helps griefers bleed out potential new blood out of the server. Id say thats where 95% of where the fault lies. Nihillum and griefers were just using the tools the devs were handing out to them. I think we would have a totally different server if devs had reacted quickly to correct the situation instead of kneejerking ``this isnt cod`` and dismissing valuable player feedback. Players didnt even have to actively think about this, the way the server was set up by the devs at launch, dramatically and by default tipped the balance in favor of guilds that have huge numbers. It was the same story with holocaust when server launched, nobody would go in Guk and challenge them for it. This was pointed out to them from the servers launch, repeatedly. There is no ``maybe you people should stop griefing`` excuse for it.

Protip for would be leaders and players: its just a fucking game. Rolling on a fungi with your chanter against a main shaman is retarded and doesnt build a community feeling where everyone feels theyre sticking up for each other.

I dont think ive ever seen this level of loot whoring in any other game before than here on p99 red, and im not talking about Nihilum. Not totally pissing on azrael, some cool people in it like jezibell.

-Ecoli
Last edited by Tradesonred; 08-23-2013 at 11:32 AM..
Old 08-24-2013, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Few ideas - all have been said many times before.

-Fresh wipe/new box would be very important.

-Improve design to create community, some ideas would be hardcoded teams, increasing EXP bonus per player in group significant enough to promote grouping.

-Variance, doesn't need to be huge - like +/- 12 hrs would even be good to try, so one guild can't farm every raid mob on a sunday at 2pm with a huge number/skilled player advantage knowing the specific spawn times and setting up a rotation where they smash every target back to back, would also create more pvp throughout the week.

-Instant clicks, gate pots, golem wands, trak teeth, conflag wands etc - when the warrens comes out there is a 10 charge clinging darkness clicky might also be worth looking at. Just simply add a cast time to these comparable to the spells they are, gate 5 sec cast, golem wand I don't know 4 seconds or whatever.

The box has seen many upgrades which have helped a lot, global ooc/YT/T staff etc etc - but the community is so fucked currently, and the guild/player situation is fucked beyond repair. I hope you'll realise how disgusting of a box/community this rule set and pvp issues has created and do the right thing pals.

I don't know the dollar values required, but maybe you could have like a fundraising target etc that would be required for a new box - and if the community decides to pay for it and want it maybe give it a shot since I know wiping red99 hurts credibility and what not.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:06 AM
Planar Protector

And Ecoli what the fuck was that man, holy shit.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Kobold

FFA pvp server just dont work. im 100% sure that TEAM pvp server would be alot more popular.

My 2 cents
Old 08-24-2013, 01:52 PM
Fire Giant

The community on red isn't suffering because of problem with the box, its because of the 80 people that play here 65 of them are hardcore trolls/greifers. Variance is not going to change the raid scene the way you hope. I left blue because of variance, it makes it even easier for the one big guild to completely dominate all raid targets. Variance is a numbers game and Nihilum is still going to be the biggest guild after variance is put in place. It will just be a pain in the ass having to wake up at different time every night to kill one target. as far as pvp goes changing clickies oculd be a good idea, cause right now everyone keeps a gate pot on em incase that run into pvp too far from a zone line, trak teeth are completely OP and 2 - 5 new ones show up every 3 days something could be done about those.
Rustymule - EC trader

RED
Node Red - [ANONYMOUS]
Chun Li - [ANONYMOUS]
Old 08-24-2013, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Synopsis of what will happen:

Rogean will ask for opinions.

Smart people will say that having team PVP will be far superior to the FFA style. Evidence against this will be strong; examples like "why are there no games coming out with FFA pvp" and "the most popular pvp games out all have team based pvp."

The RZ/VZ cronies will then start in with their hypothetical phobias like "EVERYONE WILL JOIN ONE SIDE SINCE THEY ARE WINNING." (although on SZ people switched sides all the time because they got tired of being on the winning team [you know, more people to kill]). The crying will be epic and the squeaky wheel will get the grease.

Result will be some meaningless 'fixes' that might result in a slight surge of population but in the end won't fix the root of the problem: FFA PVP is shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Nihilum kills every target other than VP or trak on one day back to back - if another raid shows up they will go pvp them first (which is the united states vs an african tribe with spears)

That itself is a broken system that doesn't promote pvp - it griefs the guild that shows up to try to snatch a dragon and gets their ass kicked every time vs full numbers of the #1 guild.

I was in Nihilum for awhile, they aren't strong at off peak times - while variance on blue may not be the answer, on red it would be worth a shot, they just don't have the people to be all in 7 days a week, and it'll show who wants Sev more at 2am for example, since it's all on one day they show up and get it done.

PS Teams isn't about making balance at end game - it's about having a low level/mid level community of players that can work together and not be worried about getting killed in group low hp, killed straight up. On red99 new players are isolated to play solo, most other players are existing high lvls that are looking to grief/YT, and they end up bored/frustrated and end up quitting. With teams you look for backup among team mates, securing zones for the teams etc that build community that should be the focus of these PVP talks.

Everyone knows the resists are fucked - but those aren't core issues that are why red99 sucks.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltyx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will have to worry about 100 people just deciding on a whim that they want to reroll darkies because they are winning.

Ya that's going to work out GREAT! Nothing like giving the server an easier path to join the winning team.

moron
People want to join PVP to PVP. The true pvp'ers will go the side where pvp is plentiful; that is not the winning side. Griefer bitches who don't want a challenge and want to dominate with ease will remain on the winning side. Team pvp makes it easier for those who don't want to be those easymode douches to come together.

Red99 already sees the "Griefer bitches who don't want a challenge and want to dominate with ease." They are in the top guild.

I also find it funny how salty offers his (what he thinks is) expert opinion on how team pvp will fail, yet he strongly supports FFA pvp which is failing thus why we are having this discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth View Post
What is griefing to you anyway? Getting killed without a white glove to the left cheek and a formal declaration of imminent fisticuffs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceros View Post
If you guys hadn't noticed, mimix ownz all, so just give in.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Planar Protector

Get rid of the xp penalty at lower levels.

1) I don't think it is really needed till the 20s (earliest!)

2) some of the most fun pvp is at low levels; shame it gets cut short in my opinion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Jimjam; 08-24-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Closed Thread