Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-27-2022, 12:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest it sounds like you just don't really like classic EQ. Which is fine. There are other servers out there that might be what you're looking for.
No, you're wrong, I very much like classic EQ, just not the one to one "TLP" way of doing it, which is why I'm commenting here about specifically the time-limited items, which I really, really dislike.

But it sounds like you're deliberately dodging most of what's coming your way, so I'll leave you to your one straw man argument after the other, as you clearly just don't want to respond to what's actually being written directly to you.
Old 09-27-2022, 01:32 PM
Planar Protector

Except time-limited items are classic....
Old 09-27-2022, 02:09 PM
Banned

mad about guise and manastone
(lol)
Old 09-27-2022, 02:15 PM
Kobold

The thing about Classic EQ is that back when Classic was classic, there weren’t intense zealot neck-beards that had spent 20 years figuring out how to minmax the game in every imaginable aspect. When people complain that p1999 kinda sucks in some ways because of those neck-beards, it tends to be the neck-beards telling them “well that’s just Classic EQ!”

I mean, it would be Classic EQ without so many poop-sockers ruining the experience. All the people complaining for a Green 2.0 are just poop-sockers that weren’t able to get Manastones on green and want to try again.
Old 09-27-2022, 04:31 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except time-limited items are classic....
I didn't state otherwise. Is that your fifth straw man argument just up until this state. Sad.

Leaving time-limited items as is for the entire lifespan of a server or removing them entirely wouldn't make that particular server "non-classic" in any way, shape or form – as Zill writes, even "classic" isn't really "classic" here in 2022...
Last edited by Calmethar; 09-27-2022 at 04:58 PM..
Old 09-27-2022, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmethar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't state otherwise. Is that your fifth straw man argument just up until this state. Sad.

Leaving time-limited items as is for the entire lifespan of a server or removing them entirely wouldn't make that particular server "non-classic" in any way, shape or form – as Zill writes, even "classic" isn't really "classic" here in 2022...
Removing item from game entirely = Not classic

Making them drop forever = Not classic

So, again, seems like you're not a fan of certain aspects of classic EQ. Which is all good, you don't have to be, but if you're not then you might want to find a server that has what you want (which seems to be "either allow me the opportunity to camp certain items for the entire life of the server, or delete them entirely if there's a chance someone else might have one but I won't").
Old 09-27-2022, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is an issue with the game's design inherently. It's meant to support a larger population, but that population is expected to be spread across the levels more. As it is, not only is it heavily weighted towards the top after about 6 months from launch, once Kunark comes out twinking becomes the norm and even when people make alts they twink em so much they can usually blow through the early levels in a week or two.

Other MMOs have made attempts to fix that stuff (like level requirements on items, platinum sinks to get currency out of the world, sidekick/mentoring), but without remaking EQ you can't really do it here.
That's certainly part of it but not all of it. 8 years or whatever into Blue it was basically just as topheavy as it is now and it still had much healthier population and less empty zones than before green launched. The numbers are just the numbers. I've logged into blue at 600-700 players and found velks nearly empty multiple times in the past couple of months. Same with howling stones. The only high lvl zone you can reliably find more than a few random people in is basically karnors from what I've found. Anecdotally I also had a much easier time finding low lvl groups pre-green. It's much easier in my experience to find groups at all level ranges when the primetime pop is 1000+ than it is at 600-800.

Edit: It's currently a Tuesday at 5:30pm EST and Blue has 550 Green has 750 players. I'm sure both will go up a little closer to around 7-8pm. But imo having under 800 on each server at 5:30 is kinda rough.
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 09-27-2022 at 05:25 PM..
Old 09-27-2022, 05:42 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Removing item from game entirely = Not classic

Making them drop forever = Not classic

So, again, seems like you're not a fan of certain aspects of classic EQ. Which is all good, you don't have to be, but if you're not then you might want to find a server that has what you want (which seems to be "either allow me the opportunity to camp certain items for the entire life of the server, or delete them entirely if there's a chance someone else might have one but I won't").
A server can certainly be classic without doing 1:1 patches. You do know that you can't wind the clock back to actual '99, right...

And no, "cd288", I'm not talking from an "I" perspective here, but from a healthier server in general perspective as in what would benefit the majority and health of the servers the most in the long run, as stated numerous times by now. But you seem very stuck in a "me, me, me"-perspective, so I get why you wouldn't understand something like that.

And enough with your childish "go find another server" arguments, as you very well know there are none even close.
Old 09-27-2022, 05:47 PM
Kobold

Truly the only way to have a genuine "classic" EQ server is to create a classic server like P1999 but restrict populations based on playstyles.

Casual server for people with jobs and kids and lives, etc. Hardcore server for everyone else.

THAT's what Red should be imo - instead of wasting server space catering to the 5 guys that enjoy EQ PvP they should invert it and turn it into a carebear PvE space and call it Pink
Old 09-27-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The round-the-clock camping, the drama and rage, the petitioning, and the /list torture was all for nothing.