Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-22-2022, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

I used to always recommend Qeynos area for speedy leveling, but this was the before time, the long ago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

between gnoll fangs, rabid pelts, and finally bandit sashes you could get fairly quickly into the 20's on a fresh toon with at least 1k plat banked.

Nowadays rabid wolves and bears have placeholders and quest exp for all the above have been nerfed into oblivion. RIP Qeynos, you were too beautiful for this world.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to always recommend Qeynos area for speedy leveling, but this was the before time, the long ago [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even after the nerf in Qeynos quests, I found extremely easier to get into 20s in Qeynos than getting into lv 12 in Freeport as an human necromancer and I'm playing now as an MAG in blue. Reached lv 6, almost 7 in about 4 hours of play and only suffered a bit to get to lv 4 and my first pet.

And BTW, I chosed Karana as an deity. I know that is suboptimal to be human mage worshiping Karana, but he remembers me of Adanos in Gothic series. I just wish that I had cold based offensive spells...
Old 09-23-2022, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

between gnoll fangs, rabid pelts, and finally bandit sashes you could get fairly quickly into the 20's on a fresh toon with at least 1k plat banked.

Nowadays rabid wolves and bears have placeholders and quest exp for all the above have been nerfed into oblivion. RIP Qeynos, you were too beautiful for this world.
Qeynos was the one part of EVERQUEST that really felt it got the time and detail the game, by name, deserved. It feels like the devs put EVERYTHING into getting the first 8 levels there right and then rushed out all the other areas/levels.

I’d love an Everquest where everything was as thought through as that.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 09-23-2022, 05:43 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which race you gonna roll?
Which race do most people suggest?
I personally go Dark Elf as I like having hide as a marginal ability, not super important on a mage but it's nice for AFKing. You are also "neutral evil" depending on your diety and can get into a surprising number of places without being KOS (not as good an evil diety human / gnome / erudite though).
Old 09-23-2022, 09:28 AM
Banned

Quote:

Even after the Gnoll Fang quest nerf, it's still decent.

I want to say 300 fangs will level you to around 16, instead of 20 like it used to.

It's still an enjoyable way to get to 16. Seeing each fang icon when you loot something is like a splash of sweetness and euphoria. I can picture it now. Close to a cocaine rush.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:50 PM
Orc

Yep. I tested a bit in 4 diferent starting cities. Qeynos due the fang quest is by far the best starting city. In TLP the quest is far more nerfed than in p99 but in p99, is possible to get into lv 20 in a day, if you get lucky and an high level player to buff you... I'm not joking. An high level(50+) shaman buffing your elemental + his damage shield is probably enough to kill some lv 14 mobs there while the PC is at lv 4.
Last edited by LordVictor; 09-24-2022 at 01:54 PM..
Old 09-24-2022, 02:10 PM
Kobold

^ that's assuming there's no one else in Blackburrow camping the gnolls lol

but yeah Qeynos is OP starting zone. I beg for a port to SFG on all my new good chars and run there like a baby turtle running towards the ocean
Old 09-24-2022, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

If you're twinked, the best start zone is Warrens.

Highest ZEM and free hole key if you stick it out til you're clearing the throne room area around level 22-24.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2022, 09:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Warrens
Don't forget to bind close by and have some form of crowd control otherwise your nickname is gonna be finger-cuffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2022, 11:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Qeynos was the one part of EVERQUEST that really felt it got the time and detail the game, by name, deserved. It feels like the devs put EVERYTHING into getting the first 8 levels there right and then rushed out all the other areas/levels.

I’d love an Everquest where everything was as thought through as that.
This is a good point but also don't forget the level cap was level 20 originally, and when you look at the commonlands area through that lens it's much much better. It's one of the reasons level ranges are weird in certain parts of the game, think Najena.

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>