Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 07-14-2023, 06:52 PM
Banned

The run was harder, and had some hiccups

I tried to go the hottest possible part of the day, when it was 114 out. Didn’t see any dead birds this go round, but the two homeless people hiding in the shade at the park did a double take the first time I went zipping by

Needless to say, not another soul was outside at the park or on the way to and from. I tried to avoid the shade from the trees on one side as best I could, because shade is cheating. A lot of cars were going by bc it was just before rush hour, hoping I motivated a few people to have the thought “what’s your excuse”

The problem came when my music started to skip. I pulled my phone out and saw it was giving a heat warning and then it turned itself off

I was a bit bummed and de-motivated and stopped when it did. Runkeeper said I was a little over 3 miles at that time at a 9.14m/mile pace

I may try again on another 115+ day, but I’ll have to get some kind of an ice pack cozy for my phone to go in. Even in my pocket it overheats (iPhone 10XR)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2333.jpg (12.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2335.jpg (16.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-14-2023, 06:53 PM
Banned

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2332.jpg (20.0 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-15-2023, 12:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
started playing a necro on green that i play while working from home. Also started the necro solo workout challenge.

Find a mob you can kill while safely afk'ing between respawns. After every kill, do 15 pushups and 25 squats (or until failure). Repeat. throw in variations like incline/decline pushups, split and cossak squats, maybe some calf raises or planks, etc.

play for a few hours and without even knowing it you've done a few hundred push ups and squats.
If you’re still playing PM me your char’s name. I just logged in for the first time in a long time, and may be logging in occasionally on weekends. We can do a duo someday maybe
Old 07-16-2023, 12:12 AM
Banned

One of the only Animes I ever watched, other than Akira

Nailed it as Russian Saitama (One Punch Man). That bite of food is probably the only thing he ate that week though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2343.jpg (22.3 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-16-2023, 10:15 PM
Banned

At family bday party sat there was tons of junk food

Corrupted by memories of The Rock and other fitness influences doing 10,000 calorie challenges, I decided fuck it, I’ll do a high-calorie challenge

2 full plates of chicken and ribs, 2 brownies, 3 cookies, and 2 giant slices of ice cream cake

At home a few hours later and couldn’t do anything, had to just fall asleep. Woke up the next morning feeling super sick to my stomach. At first I thought it was a hangover, but remembered I only had 3 shots at the party

I heard some of the best things you can do to get blood glucose back under control is lots of water and exercise. So there I was the next morning running fasted cardio laps with gut rot, feeling like I was going to puke the entire time

Influencers don’t tell you that part! Not worth it! Back to clean eating
Old 07-16-2023, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Signed up for a 70.3 today. Ankle is being a pain so doing a relay with a buddy, I’ll be doing the swim and bike. My buddy just finished a marathon at a 7:15 pace. We should do well.
Old 07-17-2023, 12:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Signed up for a 70.3 today. Ankle is being a pain so doing a relay with a buddy, I’ll be doing the swim and bike. My buddy just finished a marathon at a 7:15 pace. We should do well.
Heck yea

If hybrid classes in EQ were as good as hybrid athletes are in RL, they’d be OP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-17-2023, 01:48 AM
Banned

we are gonna read about unsunghero on the news one day and its going to be a sad story reminding us to stay cool and hydrated during that insane fucking time of day in the middle of the summer where the atmosphere is literally ionizing and burning off the planet and radiation is causing literal lightening without clouds in the sky - non-stop
Old 07-17-2023, 02:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we are gonna read about unsunghero on the news one day and its going to be a sad story reminding us to stay cool and hydrated during that insane fucking time of day in the middle of the summer where the atmosphere is literally ionizing and burning off the planet and radiation is causing literal lightening without clouds in the sky - non-stop
Ty, but I have a few things going for me:

- Bald, lose a lot of heat out through my head
- Lived here my entire life
- Never got heatstroke before, because I’m told once you do your threshold to get it again is lowered. It’s why one of my cousins is so scared of heatstroke, she’s had it twice

I couldn’t tell my family about this stupid challenge or they would freak out on me. Even though I had staged a second huge water bottle under a tree at the park in case I needed to stop, duck into shade, and pour mine on myself, I’d still have some left to drink. But even saying that my family would call me dumb/suicidal so I can only talk about it here

Edit: also when the trail marker says “extremely difficult”….yea that’s for desert hikes. Alpine hikes at high altitude are many many times more difficult and dangerous IMO. At least I can breathe easy here….
Last edited by unsunghero; 07-17-2023 at 02:40 AM..
Old 07-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if people can finish the badwater 135 im sure he'll be ok