Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-02-2023, 07:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server has been a blast! I'm on Crusader Strike/Horde. Troll Shaman named Norrath. Hmu if any of you decide to try it out.
Also, does the place feel super crowded?
Old 12-02-2023, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah the server does feel crowded. Not in a bad way tho, it just feels very alive and bumping.

I am not sure the plan of the server. What I know for sure is that the community was really vocal about wanting classic + after the success of classic servers, and this was their response. It does seem that with the name they're planning on doing multiple versions of these, which would be way cool. My guess is that this is going to be similar to the EQ progression servers. Hopefully not over saturated tho like those.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 12-02-2023, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

I'm sure Blizzard won't monetize it into oblivion.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:18 AM
Planar Protector

May look into this if i get bored enough - not sure I can do classic WoW again
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 12-03-2023, 11:04 AM
Aviak

Sounds interesting, and I like WoW.
But I just can't bring myself to pay a monthly fee for a game anymore.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry I've been so into the game I haven't had a moment to come share my thoughts and experiences.

The server does have a "fresh" feel to it. It was super enjoyable on day 1 and day 2 running around in a world you're familiar with and finding "odd" things or "out of place" things and having to zelda style puzzle solve them hoping maybe it's a rune for your own class.

This magic kind of faded by day 3 and day 4 as most runes and secrets had been found and now you can just wowhead the rune locations for 90%.

The new class roles has been interesting but you can tell people still are resistant to being open minded enough to have a theorycraft build. The only exception to this seems to be with the tank role. Ppl will take anyone to tank so they can just run the dungeon...but good luck trying to get a dps spot as a shaman lol. I had 5-6 group rejections for trying to sham dps before I finally got a grp...and they misunderstood and thought I was going to tank lol...
But once we got going I was top 1 or 2 dps the whole time. So they're capable but ppl are still gravitating to the usual min/max class roles.

The good news is even tho this happens occasionally,with my Shaman dps build, just putting 5 points into shield mastery makes me a capable tank with the shield mastery/str of earth/molten blast runes so when ppl shun my dps I can still tank for them. And I only sacrificed the 5% mana talent points to make this happen.

I'm 24. One lvl to go to max and then I'm going to max my tradeskills and find my missing runes. Idk if I'll make an alt...I may just hyper focus on one character this time around.

I feel like them mixing shit up on this server is a good direction for them but it still feels light. They should go hard and really mix up the world. Maybe do a season where azeroth went down an alt timeline and have different races allied, different race/class combos, different class runes or universal runes, ect. I just think they're playing it too safe with this concept and they should just jump off the cliff and fully embrace it next time.

Last edited by Evia; 12-04-2023 at 02:20 PM..
Old 12-04-2023, 04:52 PM
Kobold

I jumped on a random server and made a druid. Always been my favorite class in WoW, although I'm doing tank/kitty which I've never played before.

I'm only level 6, but the nostalgia is fun to experience and it reminds me of the days when Blizzard actually gave a shit about their games. Old WoW and SC2 make me remember when they were a good gaming studio.

I normally play on Warmane, the private WOTLK server, which is fun to hop on for a few months out of the year, basically how I play EQ as well.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:46 AM
Kobold

I joined one of the RPPVP servers and I have to say I'm having a really good time RPIng some ridiculous shit. I've read the Bible like a bunch, so my old English is on point.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rager and Quitter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I joined one of the RPPVP servers and I have to say I'm having a really good time RPIng some ridiculous shit. I've read the Bible like a bunch, so my old English is on point.
Lol nice glad you're having a good time!