Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 12-02-2023, 01:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all anyone has to do is show the post where he is racist, uses hate speech, or bigotry targeting real-life groups. nobody has done that so far. you all have a very emotional response to his posting and have these claims about what he is saying, but never provide proof -- or he would be banned.
Too much censorship of everyone from all political stripes that frequent Off Topic to pull up the examples which have given me and many others here the impression that Origen hates Jewish people. Those threads are all long gone.

I remember though. Play dumb all you want, booter. You clearly don't want to see what others have pointed out to you both in public and private. Myself included.

You continue to defend Origen. It is something in the past I warned was not worth fighting on a hill for. Your lack of ability to see the regressive nature of Origen is noted. I'm disappointed in you.
Last edited by Seducio; 12-02-2023 at 01:37 AM..
Old 12-02-2023, 10:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by booter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all anyone has to do is show the post where he is racist, uses hate speech, or bigotry targeting real-life groups. nobody has done that so far. you all have a very emotional response to his posting and have these claims about what he is saying, but never provide proof -- or he would be banned.
There's no difference between saying Malorussia is Russia and saying Israel is Palestine.

Just something weird going on with you and the latter, it's a real mystery.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

Hope you come back Unsung.

I'm on week three of pumping iron. Have a rudimentary home gym setup in my pole barn. Have a weight bench, a half squat rack thing. Building a peg board climbing wall, climbing rope.

Picked up an old Air-Dyne Schwinn.

Have three lift templates I cycle through. Chest/Back, Shoulders/Arms and Legs. I do abs every day. Really enjoying it.

Getting fit for the impending culture war.
Old 12-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Kobold

Racism is an integral and necessary part of Norrath. Gnomes are objectively disgusting and gross and should be obliterated. #OgreMasterRace
Old 12-02-2023, 06:18 PM
Planar Protector

Booter is right just too much overly patient talk.

I do tend to crave the drive Homesteaded speaks of but I put too much time into work.

By the way chatting to you all from Bangkok! Hitting up Fourwings and then have a department head meeting a few day later.

Ugh…5:16 AM here.

On EQ forums because I just got my new sim chip and I am in a taxi testing internet access. Glad to see Ooloo got the vacation he deserved.

Kŏr à-prai dtàe chăn mâi pûut pà-săa tai kòp khun.
Translates to sorry I don’t speak Thai thanks ��

Need sleep!
Old 12-02-2023, 06:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Booter is right just too much overly patient talk.

I do tend to crave the drive Homesteaded speaks of but I put too much time into work.

By the way chatting to you all from Bangkok! Hitting up Fourwings and then have a department head meeting a few day later.

Ugh…5:16 AM here.

On EQ forums because I just got my new sim chip and I am in a taxi testing internet access. Glad to see Ooloo got the vacation he deserved.

Kŏr à-prai dtàe chăn mâi pûut pà-săa tai kòp khun.
Translates to sorry I don’t speak Thai thanks ��

Need sleep!
Botten as a purported proponent of peace it surprises me that you express schadenfreude so easily.

Malicious joy: Sadism moderates the relationship between schadenfreude and the severity of others' misfortune

Science would say your expression of malicious happiness with regard to what happened to Ooloo is an expression of schadenfreude and underlying sadism. Ie. You wish harm and enjoy seeing harm done upon those you dislike. That isn't a trait of the peace loving.

Have you ever considered that you might not be the good guy but just another guy?

Enjoy your trip overseas.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:14 PM
Banned

They can ban anyone they like for any reason they like, this is the overwhelming Elf consensus.

But somehow we must pretend bans for violating phoney-baloney make-believe policy are superior in fairness.

The cruelty is the point.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:25 PM
Banned

The Process Is The Punishment: Handling Cases In A Lower Criminal Court.* By Malcolm M. Feeley. 1979.

>>
In the final part of the book, Feeley explains that for defendants
it is the cost of the process, and not the outcome, that is paramount.
Sentences are usually lenient, with few long jail terms and frequent
fines of $25 or less. And defendants are unconcerned with the stigma
of conviction or the long-run consequences of a criminal record.
The costs of obtaining bail, missing work to attend court, and
retaining an attorney are far more severe than the sentence. Defendants
plead guilty because it saves them time and money; the costs of asserting
due process rights of trial and appeal far outweigh potential
benefits. In the marketplace, defendants with a minor purchase seek
to minimize their time waiting in line, and pleading guilty opens up
the express lane. Feeley's message is clear: once one realizes the
high cost of invoking rights, the existence and value of those rights
are called into question. Feeley concludes with reflections on the
adjudicative ideal and rejects the "heavy-caseload" explanation for
the pretrial dispensation of criminal justice.
>>
Last edited by Seducio; 12-02-2023 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-02-2023, 08:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They can ban anyone they like for any reason they like, this is the overwhelming Elf consensus.

But somehow we must pretend bans for violating phoney-baloney make-believe policy are superior in fairness.

The cruelty is the point.
Another framework is the economic landscape of the law of supply and demand. If the market is monopolized then it is supplier friendly. The rules are set by the supplier. On the other hand if the market is in a state of perfect competition then it is consumer friendly. The rules are set by where the consumers go.

Typically most markets exist somewhere in between that spectrum of monopoly and perfect competition. If a market with more than one supplier drifts toward perfect competition then the rule sets of each supplier become one of the differentiating factors from which consumers decide which supplier to get their goods from. If there are several suppliers offering similar products then the culture that goes along with the product becomes one of the features and/or bugs of that particular product line. The consumer ultimately decides which feature set they are looking for amongst similar product lines offered by different suppliers.
Old 12-03-2023, 10:04 AM
Banned

it's nice to watch these holier-than-thou sleazebags melt down when confronted with the consequences of their actions

if they freak out this hard about being temporarily inconvenienced on the elf forums, i can see why they're in a constant state of panic about the very existence of activists

despite the fact that they owe their freedom to activists